Exchange 2000 - Additional Server - 2 sites

Hi

We have 2 sites, connected via a 256k leased line, separated into 2 subnets.

On the site with the Internet gateway, we have an Exchange server 2000,
which currently all clients at both sites connect to via Outlook 2000.

We have approx 25 users at each site.

I would like to put a second exchange server at our remote site, so that
when they get attachments etc, they don't have to wait forever etc.

We would then have each person's mailbox on the server that they normally
use, I can get my site log on scripts to deal with which Exchange server
they use.

I am thinking maybe we could get a second email gateway from our remote site
(also a bonus as we could have backup mx there, we do have FQDN), or we
could just get the main server to send relevant email to the remote site
internally acorss the leased line - although this would be slow, the users
wouldn't feel it, as they wouldn't know they had new email until it appeare
din their inbox.

Any suggestions/ideas on this topic would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Martin

Install a new exchange server in the other windows-site,

when everything have synced up, you should be able to move mailboxes across
(the WAN) do it in the night.
mail from both exchange servers should be routed to each other without any
problem.

create a SMTP connector that will handle the outgoing mail to internet

if you like you can publish an extra MX record in DNS that points to the new
server, for this to work you must have internet connectivity to this server
from intenet.

Lasse Pettersson
Humandata, Sweden

"Martin Strider" <martin.strider@nospam.ms.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> We have 2 sites, connected via a 256k leased line, separated into 2
> subnets.
>
> On the site with the Internet gateway, we have an Exchange server 2000,
> which currently all clients at both sites connect to via Outlook 2000.
>
> We have approx 25 users at each site.
>
> I would like to put a second exchange server at our remote site, so that
> when they get attachments etc, they don't have to wait forever etc.
>
> We would then have each person's mailbox on the server that they normally
> use, I can get my site log on scripts to deal with which Exchange server
> they use.
>
> I am thinking maybe we could get a second email gateway from our remote
> site
> (also a bonus as we could have backup mx there, we do have FQDN), or we
> could just get the main server to send relevant email to the remote site
> internally acorss the leased line - although this would be slow, the users
> wouldn't feel it, as they wouldn't know they had new email until it
> appeare
> din their inbox.
>
> Any suggestions/ideas on this topic would be gratefully received.
>
> Thanks
>
> Martin

0
lasse (94)

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Exchange update problem

Crash on 'Send"

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

How to restore entire server?

DNS Error on Exchange

Please ignore #2

Exchange 2007 across account search

matching contents #2

Exchange clusters
Hello Everyone, I am running two exchange2k3 server clusters on win2k3 servers. I am going to install service pack 2 for exchange2k3. Which cluster do I install it on first? The active cluster or the passive cluster? Thank you, Most appreciative, Do you mean you're running one cluster with two nodes? If you were to install on the active node, Exchange will shut down and the passive node will become the active node. So, it's clear that you should install first on the passive node, fail over, then install on the passive node (which was formerly the active node). -- Ed Crow...

Outlook Express 5 #2
On loading, error message "MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module DIRECTDB.dll at 017f:7dbf3070.." Appeared to coincide with display config change? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of...

Workbook_Open Help #2
Hello Frank, Here's the code Private Sub Workbook_Open() ' Call Unhide_Sheets ' Sheets("CONTROLPANEL").Select Range("A1").Select Call Splash End Su -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26252 Hi and there's no application.screenupdating=false statement in your unhide procedure? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Fable" <Fable.1d07w...

CRM 1.2 12-02-05
I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on a SBS 2003 server. Problem is I can only start the application if I log onto the server usind the server administrator account. If I try to access using a domain users account I just get a page cannot be displayed error, could somebody please help... Have you added the appropriate domain users as crm users using the deployment manager? "Redders" <Redders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D80FF8B4-78F1-4334-ACB5-2F772F0CF3B6@microsoft.com... > I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on a SBS 2003 server. Problem is I can only start >...