Exchamge 2003, 5.5 and Zimbra

Hi there,

In my Org we have an exchange 5.5 and 2003 email setup all in the same
domain. Our parent company in the US has only have exchange 5.5 servers,
while we have both exchange 5.5 and 2003 here in Europe. The US have
installed Zimbra (in the same domain) and are wanting to move away from
Exchange 5.5 as soon as they can with us in Europe doing the same shortly
afterwards. However, this is causing problems with emails not being received
from users/test mailboxes who have migrated over to/setup on the Zimbra
server who are on any exchange 2003 server.

They way the US setup their users for Zimbra at the moment is to exmerge the
exchange 5.5 mailbox, delete the mailbox, create a Custom Recipient on the
exchange 5.5 server (so that people can see the users details in the GAL)
and then setup the mailbox on the Zimbra server. This creates a contact and
a user object in Active Directory, which causes 5.4.6 NDRs for exchange 2003
users. Users on exchange 5.5 and from external sources (hotmail, etc) can
email the user, but only after deleting the Contact in AD and then using the
Exchange Tasks > Create Email Address option in AD for the users object.

Can anyone please tell me how to get Zimbra users to show in both exchange
5.5 and 2003 GALs and to be able to email users on exchange 5.5, 2003 and
Zimbra? Eventually we will be getting rid of exchange 5.5, so how can i get
Zimbra users to appear in the exchange 2003 GAL? Do i need to setup a
connector to the Zimbra server?

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Ste

Hi,

I found this link which explains how to solve the situation i have at the
moment : http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319759

However, when i try to follow the instuction (1h) the tick box for This
Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail delivery to this address
is greyed out. Because of this i basically swapped tasks 1h with task 2
around. Also, i have serveral other recipient policies which were created by
the ADC. These all have their priorities set to the 'Hightest' while the
Default and newly created policy are set to 'Lowest' and '1' respectively.
As these have higher priorities it seems that when i try to update the
default and newly created policy nothing happens to the mailboxes in my
exchange org.

Can any one tell me:

Why I couldn't untick the greyed out option in the Default policy?

Was it due to still having exchange 5.5 in our exchange org?

Is there a way to change the priorities of the ADC created policies?

Do i need to create an ADC for Zimbra?

cheers

Ste

"Ste" <stephenbrandley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> In my Org we have an exchange 5.5 and 2003 email setup all in the same
> domain. Our parent company in the US has only have exchange 5.5 servers,
> while we have both exchange 5.5 and 2003 here in Europe. The US have
> installed Zimbra (in the same domain) and are wanting to move away from
> Exchange 5.5 as soon as they can with us in Europe doing the same shortly
> afterwards. However, this is causing problems with emails not being
> received from users/test mailboxes who have migrated over to/setup on the
> Zimbra server who are on any exchange 2003 server.
>
> They way the US setup their users for Zimbra at the moment is to exmerge
> the exchange 5.5 mailbox, delete the mailbox, create a Custom Recipient on
> the exchange 5.5 server (so that people can see the users details in the
> GAL) and then setup the mailbox on the Zimbra server. This creates a
> contact and a user object in Active Directory, which causes 5.4.6 NDRs for
> exchange 2003 users. Users on exchange 5.5 and from external sources
> (hotmail, etc) can email the user, but only after deleting the Contact in
> AD and then using the Exchange Tasks > Create Email Address option in AD
> for the users object.
>
> Can anyone please tell me how to get Zimbra users to show in both exchange
> 5.5 and 2003 GALs and to be able to email users on exchange 5.5, 2003 and
> Zimbra? Eventually we will be getting rid of exchange 5.5, so how can i
> get Zimbra users to appear in the exchange 2003 GAL? Do i need to setup a
> connector to the Zimbra server?
>
> Any help will be much appreciated
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Ste

Importing Outlook data into Access 2003
I recently reinstalled Office 2003 and have encountered the following problem: I want to import my contacts in Outlook into an Access 2003 database. When I go to File/Get External data, there is no option to import from Outlook. In fact, the only choices I'm given are Microsoft Access, Windows Sharepoint Services, XML and ODBC databases. How can I enable the options I've had in past installations of Access? Thanks in advance, Pic Select Full install instead of typical Pieter "Pic" <compuBUTNOTTHIStoot@att.net> wrote in message news:uqqbh3t26icr6bo0httq2b6640b78pq56...

forwarding in Exchange 2003 #2

Install FrontPage 2003 on Windows 7
i tried several times to install, the program told me it has been installed, but it is not. What can I do. On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:48:01 -0700, monising <monising@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i tried several times to install, the program told me it has been installed, >but it is not. What can I do. Please be more explicit about what you're doing, what you're seeing, and what error messages - if any - you are getting. I have FrontPage 2003 installed on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and it's working fine. Also, are you installing from original media? A...

Outlook 2003 forgets contacts after 1 day
Outlook 2003 is remembering contacts for a day and then automatically deleting them. I have spent the last hour searching and can't find the right setting to stop this from happening. Has anyone got any advice? Outlook does not automatically save Contacts ever. To what feature are you referring? Autocompletion? -- Russ Valentine "slycbod" <slycbod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36DBB238-7462-452F-85EB-15258BCD8B05@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2003 is remembering contacts for a day and then automatically > deleting them. I have spent th...

Outlook 2003 Cant get to newsgroups
I dragged the NEWS icon from tools/customize/commands/go to the GO button on the tool bar. It worked fine then I got on a newsgroup and a posting that read "payback" multiple times. I didnot open the attachment. Next time I tryied to go to NEWS it was not there. How can I get newsgroup access back? Tryied reinstalling Outlook2003 and Office 2003 with no luck. Expect the answer to be in registry. Help please. I got the similar problem and got the fix. Here is what you need to do: - add the NEWS button under Go menu - accept Outlook Express is your default NEWS client - c...

Outlook 2003: Print address book
I'm running Outlook 2003 as a stand alone program without a network. I can't print the address book. The address book menu does not offer any print options including those found in the Help and Support and the MS Knowledge Base. It also doesn't offer the option to export/import. What am I missing here? Operating Windows XP Home SP2, IE 6 SP2, Outlook 2003. Thanks for any suggestion -- Phil pdischert@iname.com There is no address book in Outlook. There are lots of choices for ways to print your Contacts Folder: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/print.htm -- Russ V...

Deleted exchange 5.5 site not replicating over the ADC to Exchange 2000 side
We are a part of a shared Exchange 5.5 organization but our site is primarily Exchange 2000/2k3. We maintain a single 5.5 server as the rest of the Org is 5.5. The problem we are seeing is when the folks who control the Organization at the top level remove a site that is no longer used, that deletion is not carrying over the CONFIG_CA agreement to the Exchange 2000/AD side. Our Exchange 5.5 server executes the deletion with no issue. Any ideas on why this deletion is not replicating properly over the ADC and throught the SRS database? In the past we have manually removed the sites/recipie...

Exchange SP2 #5
I'm going to install SP2 for Exchange 2003 which is on my SBS2003. Is there anything i should know / do before I install? Thanks Damien 1. Read the Release Notes. http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/b/5/fb5c54af-fe5c-48e9-be97-f9e8207325ab/Ex_2003_SP2_RelNotes.htm 2. If you ever installed IMF v1, uninstall it. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Damien" <no@emailplease.com> wrote in message news:nS%fh.423965$E_2.65239@fe03.news.easynews.com... > I&...

Issue installing FRx 6.7 on Windows 2003
I am encountering an unhandled exception error when attempting the installation. The installation prompts for the language, I select English, then Next. The progress bar makes it all the way to the right of the next screen, then I get the above error. This is a brand new quad CPU Dell OS is base WIndows Server 2003 Enterprise, not SP1 Only installed software is: IIS 6.0 (FTP, WWW, MSMQ) CA ArcServe (backup software) SQL 2000 Enterprise, Analysis Services, both at SP3a WinZip Acrobat 6.0 Reader Hello, Can you give us the exact error message you're receiving (all words and numbers fro...

Conversion from Outlook 2000 to 2003
Currently using Outlook 2000. I am planning on getting a new computer and it will have Outlook 2003 contained on it. How do I save my "data" files (active as well as archive) so I can resume using them with my new computer? Thanks in advance for any help. -- Have a great day, except you spammers To email, remove the obvious ....... On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:10:00 -1000, Les <lester123_nospam@att.net> wrote: > Currently using Outlook 2000. I am planning on getting a new computer > and > it will have Outlook 2003 contained on it. How do I save my "data&qu...

Auto Response with Exchange 5.5
I would like to create a auto response with Exchange 5.5. So when someone sends mail to careers@domain.com I can have an automated response go back. But I can't setup rules inside of outlook and keep it attached to the server I would like to make some sort of server side rule if possible?? Any suggestions? Thanks, BiG On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:09:59 -0400, bigdogg <bigdogg33_2000@yahoo.com> wrote: >I would like to create a auto response with Exchange 5.5. So when >someone sends mail to careers@domain.com I can have an automated >response go back. But I can't ...

Exchange 2003 with SP2 problems...

Outlook 2003 not displaying multipart/mixed messages properly
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C49BFC.AB34E1D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I know that Outlook is known for having problems displaying = multipart/mixed messages but this is just weird. I am using Outlook 2003 with a POP email account and occasionally with = an email that has been exchanged a few times already and I will send out = a reply and when the person replies back to me what they wrote no longer = appears in the email. I basically get back a copy of the email I sent =...

save as version 2003 problem
I'm working in vba in Access to create and save an Excel file. All's good except that one of the workstations this is runnign on is using Office 2007. I'm developing in 2003 and all the other workstatiosn they have are using 2003. It's very important that the files be saved in 2003 format. When I do this, it runs fine and saves as 97/95 objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, xlExcel9795 ','56 = xl 2000/2003 I read online in a forum post that "56" is the correct code for saving as 2003 but that's when the code is written in 20...

Consulta Exchange 5.5 Mails con fondo
Estimados: Alguien sabe si es posible configurar un servidor Exchange 5.5 para que los mails enviados salgan con un fondo (bacground) predeterminado? Gracias. ...

Publisher 2003 #42
I am working on a 50+ page document in Publisher 2003, which I imported from Word. Suddenly, pages that were previously consecutive are "jumping" when I scroll through the document, jumping from page 19 to 33, etc. The text box links at the bottom of each page are working. I've tried cutting and pasting into a new document in case this one is corrupt, but with no success. I'd hate to have to start again, because I don't know what I could do differently, but this document is useless the way it is. Any ideas? Thanks. - Eldeem Description of the "Import Word Document...

MS Outllook 2003 with Business Contact Manager Backup/Restores
Need some help with what the procedure is to backup Business Contact Manager data from a single user license system and restore it on another backup system I have. This needs to include the opportunities and other data linkages made on the system being backed up. Tried doing an export / import but based on some info I saw on the MS Office Web site this won't work! Would appreciate any help! There is a backup/restore function for the BCM database on the file menu. -- Guy Lapierre www.forefrontbusinesssolutions.com "WHY" <Hnyda@mindspring.com> wrote in message n...

Import directory data into Excel 2003
I have over 1000 media files that I would like to extract information from and put into an Excel spreadsheet. Using Explorer, I have defined the fields I would like to see, such as title, duration, comment etc. Now, I need to import this data into Excel. So far, I've not been able to find a way to do this. Can someone offer some suggestions please? Thanks, Nigel -- www.myoldcontacts.com - Tell your friends to tell their friends www.sysadmininc.com - Consultancy, Service, Sales, Networking... www.british-expats.com - Connect with British Expats World Wide www.kxez.com/shows_britishinv...

iPAQ synch to Outlook 2003
Since we installed Outlook 2003 I cannot sync to my ipaq 3670 even though I installed the latest ActiveSync version. Anyone have infor for me? TNX C;-) What's the problem? What happens when you try? -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Swiss1008" <swiss1008@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:128ae01c3f72c$3a3d6670$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Since we installed Outlook 2003 I cannot sync to my ipaq > 3670 even though I installed the latest ActiveSync...