Exchage 2003 - Primary SMTP address - WEIRD PROBLEM

Hi

I am experiencing a rather odd problem. I simply want to change the
primary SMTP address for a number of users of my network. I appear to
be successful but it keeps changing back to the original state.

Under Mange Users I:

* Double click the user
* Select email addresses
* Click on the SMTP server address I want set as primary
* Click "Set as primary"
* Click Apply
* Click General Tab
* Check email field is the same as the primary address
* Click apply again (why not)
* Click OK

It setting appears to have changed for a little while, but then
reverts back to the previous primary SMTP address (if I edit another
user etc). Note I did press the refresh button. This is happening for
all users.

Maybe something to do with group policy, or is this a bug? If it is
group policy could somebody give me an inkling on how to change this
(have looked around, but go absolutely nowhere).

Thanks

Alex
0
postings (13)

On the same Email addresses tab, there is a check box at the bottom to
update the email addresses based on recipient policy.  If you uncheck this,
the changes you make to email addresses afterwards should stick.

--
Marc Nivens
Enterprise Messaging Support

"Alex Shirley" <postings@alexshirley.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I am experiencing a rather odd problem. I simply want to change the
> primary SMTP address for a number of users of my network. I appear to
> be successful but it keeps changing back to the original state.
>
> Under Mange Users I:
>
> * Double click the user
> * Select email addresses
> * Click on the SMTP server address I want set as primary
> * Click "Set as primary"
> * Click Apply
> * Click General Tab
> * Check email field is the same as the primary address
> * Click apply again (why not)
> * Click OK
>
> It setting appears to have changed for a little while, but then
> reverts back to the previous primary SMTP address (if I edit another
> user etc). Note I did press the refresh button. This is happening for
> all users.
>
> Maybe something to do with group policy, or is this a bug? If it is
> group policy could somebody give me an inkling on how to change this
> (have looked around, but go absolutely nowhere).
>
> Thanks
>
> Alex

0
marcn (11)
5/11/2004 11:23:45 AM
Spot on Marc

Thankyou!

Alex
0
postings (13)

Exchange 2003 SP2 installation
1) There is no setup.exe after I expand the file under the setup\i386 or setup folders. There is one in the ADC folder .. the only file I see under setup\i386 is update.exe when I double click on that, it gives me an error message. Any idea's what's going on? 2) How do I determine what is the service pack level on my server? Do I start System Manager and go to Administrative groups and right click on my server and go to General Tab to see the service pack? Thank you 1. For an SP, it's update.exe. 2. Do determine the SP level, look on the properties of the server for the bui...

Access 2003
Hi, I am trying to set up a database on Access that Monitors incoming and outgoing email traffic for specific group addresses in an Exchange Enviroment. This only needs to be a simple culmulative count with a date stamp. Not too sure how I would start this. Many thanks in advance for any help that can be given. My guess is to use MAPI to connect to and interact with the server. From there, there should be code available to read the traffic. "MaccaUK" wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to set up a database on Access that Monitors incoming and > ...

Pivot Chart problems
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00B3_01C4E370.755D7D40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have two issues with pivot charts. 1) I create a pivot table and chart with VB. I want thick lines on the = chart, so I do as follows: For i =3D 1 To .SeriesCollection.Count .SeriesCollection(i).Select With Selection.Border .Weight =3D xlThick End With Next This works great. However, upon selecting a Page Field value from the =...

additional exchage in a shared address space / install question
Hello Group! I am about to run out of space on my exchange server, so I came here for an advice. I have 3 physical locations Location 1 - Headquarters (50 Users in the workgroup environment) Location 2 - Remote Site (10 Users Domain Environment with Exchange) Location 3 - Remote Site (7 Users Domain Environment) I have a Gateway to Gateway VPN tunnel between Location 2 and 3. I am in a single Active Directory 2003 forest with a single domain (mycompany.local) DC at the location 2 holds all 5 FSMO roles. Exchange 2003 Enterprise is configured on the same server. Users from 2nd location run...

Problem with the reconnection of a mailbox to a different user
Hello everybody, I have a problem with the reconnection of a mailbox, when I try to reconnect it to a different user. This is the scenario: 1) User A has a mailbox, I disconnect it. 2) Creation of User B 3) Reconnection of mailbox of user A to user B (I have tried not only with recovery center, but also directly through mailbox list section) No errors appears during theese steps, but when I try to create a new profile in outlook (I have created it only in the server, this is a test server), I see that the mailbox of user B (or the user B?) has not found! If I try to use Outlook Web Access, ...

Rules-Outlook 2003-"on this machine only"
When I specify that I want to send a copy of all messages that I send in a specific account...i get the added cindition "on this machine only". I copy my pst file from machine a and b...I uderstand that I have to check to be sure that all rules are active after I copy from machine...but how do I get away from this unselected condition. Exactly the same thing happens when I specify that all messages that are received via a specific account be sent to a folder. ...

2005 Update Retirement Account Problem
I am having the same problem as discussed in a post on 10/5. Has anyone else seen this or know of a solution? And btw, I am not running XP SP2, just a fully updated SP1 system. I tried everything I could find in the KB to no avail as well. I am getting really frustrated with how many bugs there are in 2005. I have used MS Money for years and have never had as many problems as I have with 2005. I can't believe that this product made it out to the public with as many problems as there are. Any comments would be appreciated. ...

Help needed to run macro
Argh!!! I think I may have created a macro to resolve an earlier problem, but when I try to run it I get... 'Macros in this workbook are disabled because the security level is high, and the macros have not been digitally signed or verified. To run the macros, you can either have them signed or change your security level.' How can I get my macros to run on my machine, where they are created, without compromising security? I've found and run selfcert.exe but it hasn't made any difference. Do I need to do anything else to make this effective? I'm a novice at this so step ...

Problem sending emails from Outlook Express Ver6 NEVER MIND!
I am trying to use Outlook Express Ver6 instead of Eudora. I can't seem to send e-mails from it. When I send a test to myself I get the error: The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was (MY ADDRESS) .. Subject 'TEST', Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Authentication Required', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78 Can anyone suggest what is wrong? Must be something...

Problem sending e-mails with Outlook & SBC Yahoo DSL
I have been unable to fix a problem and am looking for help. I have Outlook 2000. I also have SBC Yahoo DSL. I have spent hours on the phone trying to fix this problem, reloaded my software, etc. I can recieve e-mail from the SBC Yahoo DSL server with my Outlook, but cannot send e- mails. The error message I get is 0x800ccc0f. I know this means the outgoing mail server does not recognize and log me in, but does anyone know a way to change this? SBC made sure my settings were correct, but the problem persists. They claim it is an Outlook problem, but it never happened with other ISP...

Can Excel 2003 Do This?
Thanks in advance for anybody that can help me with this... Here's what I want to do: I have a workbook that I have recreated in excel for my boyfriends work. One of the sheets is a weekly production report that he sends in to his employer to get paid. There is a separate sheet that has a list of available units with three columns; 1)Unit ID, 2) Description, 3)Unit price. I would like to somehow make it so all he has to do is type in the Unit ID on the corresponding cell on the production report and have it automatically fill in the correct description, unit price & when he enters t...

Problems importing pst file...
One of the users in our office tried to open Outlook & recieved an error message that indicated that the pst was gone or corrupt. After running the Inbox repair tool to no avail, as well as picking up a copy of their pst from yesterday's backup, I'm still unable to do anything with it! When trying to import it, I get the message "Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" & after hitting ok, I get a message that the file isn't a personal folders file! I have read several long-winded posts in other forums, which basically have given me no...

Outlook 2003
Is there a text file to edit on the computer for this list, opposed to doing it in outlook 2003? No. The list is still built dynamically when you add senders to the list. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer BoDEAN <jbo@not_a_valid_email_addy.com> asked: | Is there a text file to edit on the computer for this list, opposed to | doing it in outlook 2003? ...

To MS: bug report for Outlook 2003
Hello, I did not find any website to submit a bug report, so I use this newsgroup. Outlook 2003, german, all updates applied (22 july 05) Problems with rules: I have about 15 email accounts defined and about 30 rules. When I create a rule to move received email to an other folder, and when using 'Emails received on this account' this is not working problerly: For some rules the wrong account is used. When I edit the rule in the list a wrong account is displayed (and is used for the rule) but when I click to change the account, the correct account is dispalyed. I have imported 30...

Backup a users mailbox in Exchange 2003
We have recently terminated a couple employees, and I would like to make a copy of their mailboxes. How do I go about doing this? -- Chuck On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 06:36:02 -0800, chb12 <chb12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have recently terminated a couple employees, and I would like to make a >copy of their mailboxes. How do I go about doing this? Exmerge is always a good option. What I normally do is open their mailbox on my outlook, then create a PST (name it the users name). Once the PST is created I copy the contents of their mailbox into the PST. From there you ...

Outloo 2003 pst files
I upgraded office xp with office 2003 beta....on Nov 30th when beta expired i went back to using office xp..all works apart from i am unable to access the pst files i created when i was using outloo 2003...any advice on how i can access these files?? pls reply to my email: tahir_uk@yahoo.com Thanks Check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2003.htm#betaexp -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Tahir" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Missing function in Excel 2003 #2
I have a user that is complaining about a missing function in Excel 2003. He calls it a "Coalition matrix", I have never heard of it before. He used to have it in Excel 2000. Any ideas? Hi never heard about this. Maybe he has to install the Analysis Toolpak Addin ('tools - addins'). "Galldrian" wrote: > I have a user that is complaining about a missing function in Excel > 2003. He calls it a "Coalition matrix", I have never heard of it > before. He used to have it in Excel 2000. Any ideas? > Never heard of a coalition matrix. The Analysi...

Outlook / Exchange 2003 user connection problem
Ok, we are doing our Outlook configuration in a two step process first we add the Computer to the domain ( not the user ). Then we configure Outlook with the exchange server and user information. All of our users are created and have a default password. Problem is that when we go to setup Outlook we are only able to setup 2 - 5 computers a day. After we get 2 - 5 setup, when we try to install/configue another Outlook client we receive a message that say Cannot connect to Exchange server or Exchange server does not exist. But if we wait a day and go back to setting up Outlook again we are ab...

Converting Access 2002 to Access 2003 Database
Hi My company has just updated to Window Xp professional ( Operating System ) and Microsoft Office Xp professional. Previous version were Window 2000 and Microsoft Office Xp professional. I have quite few Access database design in Access 2002 ( ie Office Xp ) When I try to convert this database to Access 2003, it gave me error, saying I need to download and update " Microsoft Jet 4.0 service pack 8". I downloaded and updated my systems. When I try to open this database, I get following error " Security Warning : Unsafe expressions are not blocked. Microsoft jet 4.0 service ...

Move Local Folders from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003
I received Office 2003 as a gift. I added a new email account in Outlook 2003, so hopefully my mail will stop going to Outlook Express and start arriving at Outlook 2003. Can I move my local folders from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003. If so how. Bob J ...

opening a word 2003 document with word 2007
I created some documents on Word 2003 and have been unable to open them with Word 2007. I tried saving them as .docx and .rtf on Word 2003 with no luck. The posts that I have seen thus far have not helped. Does anyone have any suggestions? What happens when you try? Word 2007 should have no difficulty opening Word 2003 documents or RTF documents. Word 2003 can only save docx format if it has the compatibility pack installed. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word...

How do I not show items in my address book
In Address book I like to make the following changes: I'm using Office Std Edition 2003, and I like not to show the fax numbers in the column, is there a way I can change the display? PeterM <pmaston@comcast.net> wrote: > In Address book I like to make the following changes: I'm using > Office Std Edition 2003, and I like not to show the fax numbers in > the column, is there a way I can change the display? There's a work-around. You can modify the FAX number entry in the contacts record so that Outlook doesn't recognize it as a phone number by putting &q...

Compatibility between Outlook 2003 and Exchange 5.5
Are there any compatibility issues between Outlook 2003 and Exchange 5.5? We installed about 30 PCs with Outlook 2003. We configured them to connect to our Exchange 5.5 server, NOT using "Cached Exchange Mode." When users switch from Calendar to Inbox and back or from Notes to Inbox and back, there is a noticeable delay--about 5-10 seconds--and we get a pop-up balloon in the systray that the client is trying to connect and retrieve information from the Exchange server. We are on a 100Mbps switched network and each client has 100Mbps connection on the PC. The server also has a 10...

Transferring email addresses from Access to Outlook address book
Is there a way of transferring a list of email addresses with their contact names from an Access Database Table to my Outlook? ...

Can't see Groups in Global Address List
I have created a group on the exchange server using the following method AD Users and Group Action, New, Grou Named the Group Managers, Group Scope: Global, Group Type: Distributio Finis My expectation is that I would now see the Manager Group in the Global Address List in Outlook. That is not the case. I can only see it if I select "Groups" on the "All Address Lists". How do I get that Manager Group to show up in the GAL in Outlook? Thanks - "Zanshin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a group on the exchange server using ...