Exch55 incoming email filterint

Hi,

What are the most effective way to perform the following filtering on a
Exch55 + IMS ?
I have already enabled to deny unathorised relaying.

1) specify a list of words appear in subject or message body that will be
blocked
2) block possible spams
3) block invalid domain name

TIA

Steven

0
sazabi75 (55)

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:31:05 +1000, "Steven Wong"
<sazabi75@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>What are the most effective way to perform the following filtering on a
>Exch55 + IMS ?
>I have already enabled to deny unathorised relaying.
>
>1) specify a list of words appear in subject or message body that will be
>blocked
>2) block possible spams
>3) block invalid domain name
>
>TIA
>
>Steven

You'll need 3rd party software to accomplish this.

0
adavid (8731)
6/29/2005 12:51:31 AM
oh, ic.
Do you recommend any software ?
Thanks

Steven

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
message news:44s3c1hn8gs06nsegipcvtcj3uf29gaf2n@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:31:05 +1000, "Steven Wong"
> <sazabi75@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >What are the most effective way to perform the following filtering on a
> >Exch55 + IMS ?
> >I have already enabled to deny unathorised relaying.
> >
> >1) specify a list of words appear in subject or message body that will be
> >blocked
> >2) block possible spams
> >3) block invalid domain name
> >
> >TIA
> >
> >Steven
> >

> You'll need 3rd party software to accomplish this.

0
sazabi75 (55)
6/29/2005 6:15:08 AM
Aloaha SPAM Rejector works well with Exchange 5.5
http://www.aloaha.com/

cheers,

Alexander Zammit
Software Development Consultant
Check out, ExchangeInbox.com the new MS Exchange Resource site at
http://www.exchangeinbox.com/

"Steven Wong" <sazabi75@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> oh, ic.
> Do you recommend any software ?
> Thanks
>
> Steven
>
> "Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote
> in
> message news:44s3c1hn8gs06nsegipcvtcj3uf29gaf2n@4ax.com...
>> On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:31:05 +1000, "Steven Wong"
>> <sazabi75@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >What are the most effective way to perform the following filtering on a
>> >Exch55 + IMS ?
>> >I have already enabled to deny unathorised relaying.
>> >
>> >1) specify a list of words appear in subject or message body that will
>> >be
>> >blocked
>> >2) block possible spams
>> >3) block invalid domain name
>> >
>> >TIA
>> >
>> >Steven
>> >

>> You'll need 3rd party software to accomplish this.

0
alex6014 (110)

No incoming emails
Everything was working great on my outlook (XP)and I tried to add another account . For some reason now I can only send emails but I have not been receiving any emails to my inbox.THe configuration is correct . And the emails are not on my server so they are coming into somewhere , I just don't know where. Help? ...

IMS sending the same email message multiple times to same recipient
Exchange 5.5 w/latest sp One thing I've noticed is that the message just remains in the outgoing queue. If I delete it, the user would get a "undeliverable message" sent to them (even though the message has gone through x amount of times). Let me know if anyone has a suggestion. Thanks! ...

Automate emailing of reports
I want to email order status reports to my salespeople but I need it to be automated as much as possible. I have identified 2 options for generating the reports -- Crystal or Excel (via smartlists). The question is how to automate the process. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Here is an option. OctoTools is an easy to use document management tool suite that encompasses Forms Design, Report Formatting, Electronic Distribution, Printing, and Text to PDF conversion. Advanced features include GUI based design environment, Built-in Post Script and PCL printer output, Drag and Drop placeme...

Configure incoming e-mail settings (Windows SharePoiint Services 3
Good day Everybody ! I have installed Win2K3 SP1, Project Server 2K7 with WSS 3.0, SQL Server 2005 SP1. I want to set up Incoming e-mail setting with combination of SMTP server and WSS 3.0 as I do not have MS Exchange Server installed. I created a new Org Unit as sharepoint with apprpriate permissions as per TechNet step-by-step procedure. I have not created a Contact in this OU. I have entered the following information regarding the Incoming e-mail settings : Enable sites on this server to receive e-mail - YES Settings Mode - Automatic Use the SharePoint Directory Management ...

Linking income to a specific budget category
I rent a house with three roommates and am responsible for paying the utility bills. For each bill, I pay the full amount from my own checking account but then receive 75% of it back from the other three roommates. How can I accurately track these transactions, so my budget reflects that I'm really only paying $25 for the electricity bill, and not the full $100? FAQ. Create a bank/cash account called 'money owed me'. On the account details page, check the box that makes it a 'budget' account. Pay the utility bills from your checking account, categorized as split....

incoming mail font
I just moved my Outlook files from a Win/Office 2000 machine to a WinXP/Office 2002 machine. All the contacts and messages seem to have transfered okay. However, something got lost in the formatting. On the old machine, all mail was in Arial 10 true type font. Now, on the new machine, the incoming mail is Courier 10. I've not been able to find the same choices in the menus to change the Courier 10 to Arial. How can I change the font on incoming mail! ...

how to forward emails with pictures or animated art
My computer does not forward pictures or emails with animation. Does anyone know how to make this function happen dscannell <dscannell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My computer does not forward pictures or emails with animation. Does > anyone know how to make this function happen What happens when you try? What version of Outlook? What type of account? -- Brian Tillman ...

Email #2
I sent an email message using publisher as an html and it previewed great in my tests in Outlook, but some of my end users received skewed messages with the text in code. Are Email docs only supported through Outlook? I ran a test through my personal account in AOL and got the same messed up message. Has anyone successfully transmitted emails created in publisher? I AM GREATLY FRUSTRATED THAT I JUST SPENT DAYS CREATING A REGISTRATION FOR THAT I EMAIL TO TONS OF POTENTIAL CLIENTS AND THEY COULD NOT EVEN OPEN THE DOCUMENT...IF YOU FIND THE ANSWER TO THIS PROBLEM, PLEASE LET ME KNO...

Exch55 incoming email filterint
Hi, What are the most effective way to perform the following filtering on a Exch55 + IMS ? I have already enabled to deny unathorised relaying. 1) specify a list of words appear in subject or message body that will be blocked 2) block possible spams 3) block invalid domain name TIA Steven On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:31:05 +1000, "Steven Wong" <sazabi75@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >What are the most effective way to perform the following filtering on a >Exch55 + IMS ? >I have already enabled to deny unathorised relaying. > >1) specify a list of words appea...

ENJOY 25 EUROS NO OBLIGATION BONUS WHEN JOINING PAYPAL COMPETITOR + UNIMITED INCOME, CLICK: http://www.cashpayway.com/index.php?ref=414313
Dear Madam/Sir, please feel free to register and promote our new launching internet payment system: http://www.cashpayway.com/index.php?ref=414313 It's free to join and enjoy December only BONUS OF 25 EUROS + UNLIMITED STREAM OF INCOME. Have a good time... ...

restore junk email folder
How do I restore the junk email folder - it was accidentally deleted rather than emptied and no longer functions even though I recreated it. kacee wrote: > How do I restore the junk email folder - it was accidentally deleted rather > than emptied and no longer functions even though I recreated it. Right-clicking on *Outlook's* Junk folder has the Delete option disabled. It is one of the integral folders included when a new mail profile is created. It cannot be deleted (except perhaps with a corrupted profile). I suspect you deleted some other junk folder that your an...

Outlook Email
I have just taken over supporting a part installed CRM 1.2 system. Not being involved in the initial design and review of the product I am a little in the dark as the the facilities within the software. Am I correct in assuming that normal smtp mail (not sent from the outlook CRM client) does not get routed into the activitied of contact records with matching email addresses. We have quote system which sends smtp mail with a PDF copy of the email and would like to record the sending of that email into the Activities. I have read the materail from MS. This tells me how to install the Ex...

Echange and its incoming port
Hi all, Here is my issue. My exchange 2003 works great, but my damned ISP has completely blocked port 25 (in and out) and will not allow it to be open, or at least when I talk to them about it, they promise to open it and this simply never happens. They have an SSL alternative port for sending outgoing mail. I have managed to get exchange to relay my messages via their sercer on their SSL port, but because I cannot get incoming traffic on port 25 I have not been able to receive mail for quite sometime. Here is my question. Is there a way to change the incoming port for exchange? And if so, h...

Outlook Incoming Messages no longer display
Pictures in incoming Outlook 2007 Messages no longer display. How can I fix this ? "erni" wrote: > Pictures in incoming Outlook 2007 Messages no longer display. How can I fix > this ? I am having the same problem. It seems to happen with HTML email messages. The messages are there you just can't read the font. It is barely legible and faded yellow. ...

Receiving emails
When I go to my inbox, the only way I can retreive messages is by clicking on Tools, the send/receive, then send/receive all. Can I retreive messages without doing this? Having absolutely no information to go on, I would have to say, probably. Outlook version? Mail account type? Send/receive settings? Automatic polling interval set? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Tamara ...

Email reply address
I have a client with Exchange 2003. Although all users (Outlook) have their own mailboxes (user@company.com), all email is handled through generic company distribution lists (e.g. accounts@company.com), which ensures that more than one user receives each email. There is only one domain (company.com). If users send out email, the default reply address needs to be set to the address of the distribution list. This needs to be done automatically, and not by using the options for each mail message. Can this be done, and if so, HOW? "Peter Downes" <pjtdownes@hotmail.com> wro...

Home & Business
In Money Home & Business, if you record Accounts Receivable, does the software recognize the income when it is billed or when it is received? I'm a cash basis taxpayer, but need to keep track of what I've invoiced to my customers without affecting income until I've been paid. Thanks for your help. ...

email on 2 PCs
I've got an a email account that I want to be able to read by two different PCs (A&B). Both PCs use Outlook 2000 and would log onto the same account (eg mymail@bellsouth.net). I see that if PC-A gets the email first then PC-B doesn't get it and vice-versa. This obviously leads to discontinuities between the email accounts on the two computers. Can anything be done to allow both PCs to fully access this email account using Outlook in Corporate or WorkGroup mode? Tools/Accounts/Properties for each account. Click on the Advanced Tab, at the bottom under Delivery, CHECK the box tha...

Migrate Exch55-Exch2003
I just made al the steps in order to migrate my mailboxes to Exch2003. My network has the FSMO in a Windows 2003 server and all the rest of Servers are BDC in NT4. the Exch55 is in a NT4 server. I follow the steps in the migration process but after the forestprep and domainprep in the users properties do not appear the new Exchange properties. What can I do to solve this problem?? and if I decide to revert changes in Squema, how can I do?? If your talking about the Exchange 2003 properties on users, you need to install the Exchange System Manager on the server you manage users on. J...

email attachment to multiple recipients, CRM 4.0, marketing list
email attachment to multiple recipients: Can this be done in CRM 4.0? Using marketing lists should enable sending attachment to multiple recipients. What is the solution, in terms of using the given customization GUI in CRM 4.0? 10x No answers anywhere... I have been trying to tackle this problem for weeks in crm 4. I can't believe that Microsoft omitted the feature of being able to send contacts emails with attachments. With all the hype about how great CRM is for creating and tracking a campaign, you can't actually -send- a brochure, a newsletter... The closest thi...

Junk email problem...
We run a exchange 2003 environment and all of our users run Outlook 2003. We turn off the "junk email filter" in outlook but for some reason email is still going into our users junk email folders on their mailboxes. I am assuming somewhere in exchange this option is turned on and filtering this email. Any ideas on what I am missing? Thanks all Halve, I've been experiencing the same issue and have not found a solution for it as of yet. I've used group policies to disable the Junk Email filter in Outlook and have used the OWA Administration Tool to disable the Junk E...

delete email from server after uploading email to Outlook?
After uploading email to Outlook from my webmail server, the messages remain on the server. If I delete the messages from the server, how do I ensure that the email remains in Outlook and is not delected from Outlook during Send/Receive? what type of email account do you use? if pop, they will not be deleted from outlook; if imap or exchange you'll need to move the messages in outlook to a new pst if you want them deleted from the server but left in outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:...

Calculation for amt. Exceeding $106,800 for SS Income Limit
I’m trying to think of an easy way to work with the $106,800 cap on SS Income and compare this to other types of taxes, such as FUTA Tax and Medicare Tax. I am working on a project to calculate taxes for consultants who make under $106,800 and I can easily roll these up into a PivotTable and subtract out all taxes to see the after-tax income to these people. The consultants that are pulling in more than $106,800 are kind of screwing up my calculations, because after $106,800 no additional taxes are subtracted for SS Income. This is probably an easy thing; just can’t seem to ge...

Stuck Email #3
I'm running Outlook 2003 and I'm getting this error message when checking emails. Task '(Server Name) - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: +OK 641 octets follow.' I've been told by my ISP that it's a stuck email, a conflict between my email client and anti virus software. (Have just upgraded to Symantec SystemWorks 2004) If I log onto mailbox via web I can isolate the email to...

Rules only on incoming messages
Hi, I recently upgraded to Outlook 2007. It looks like by default rules run both on read and unread messages, even if they are in my trash folder... Is there an easy way to avoid that? Perhaps using exceptions? I wasn't able to find anything... Thanks ...