Exch2003 SMTP connector send outgoing mail very slow to smart host

Dear Sir,
           Just installed first exch2003 and join in exch55 organisation,
move all the users mailbox to exch2003.  Create smtp connector in
exch2003,both exch server smtp connector configure using smart host.  Cost
for smtp connector for exch2003 set to 1 and exch55 is 10.  All the outgoing
mail through exch2003 smtp connector very slow to send out.  Caused all the
outgoing mail queueing.  If I make the outgoing mail through exch55 IMC,
outgoing mail very fast to send out.  Both server running Trend micro scan
mail.  Version different.  Tested without scan mail in exch2003 same problem.
 All the outgoing mail will forward to relay server, relay server running
Linux sent mail with 8.XX version.  This relay server accepted more than 400
site from world wide.  Only my server having problem.
      I have open case in Microsoft support regarding this problem.  After
Microsoft engineer remote access my server and use Netmon to capture the
packet.  Based on the netmon analysis, it tell me that packet from remote
site having long latency problem.  He explain the packet sent from myserver
is ok, but remote server response take few second to response, it is not
right.  The MS engineer told me that smtp traffic response from remote server
should less than one second.  MS engineer also capture packet from exch55
server, also having the long latency problem.  How can exch55 IMC can work
well with long latency and exch2003 can't?
   My manager keep pressure me to solve this problem as soon as possible, he
keep saying exch2003 problem.  MS engineer found out is network problem.  My
manager don't believe this.  He keep ask me why exch55 without any problem.
I did mention this to MS engineer, he reply because exch55 sending mail only,
exch2003 is send and receiving.  If we put sending and receiving in exch55
will get the same problem.  I will try this on this few days, see any problem
in exch55 sending and receiving.  MS Engineer wanted me to solve the network
problem first but do I solved I do not know where is the root caused.

   Is anyone can tell me how do I troubleshoot on this problem?  Or you have
any good suggestion or idea about this problem please let me know.

Basic Network diagram

Thanks
0
SpanaLum (8)

Retrieve Mail
Our mail server is MS-Exchange Server and Client mail manager is MS-outlook 2002. Sometimes,a pop-up dialogue box appears suddenly and says "Outlook is retrieving data from (exchange server name)......You can cancel......".But I never met this issue when I used outlook 2000. My question is:What's the meaning of this windows?Why does it appear?How can I control it? Thanks! The message is a convenience added in Outlook 2002 to explain the "outlook hanging" issue experienced in previous versions. The only thing that changed in Outlook 2002 is that it now tells you w...

Missing Mail
Hi, I am using Win Xp and Office 2003 My system crashed, and I copied everything from my HD to another HD, for a backup I am using Outlook 2003, Where can i go and look for the mail, inbox, sent items. etc. Pls help, I have important mail, Thanx Gys The easy way is to do a search for your pst and pab in the folder that you copied everything into. "Gys van Schalkwyk" <vaalsupport@lantic.net> wrote in message news:077c01c3db4b$ce826cb0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, I am using Win Xp and Office 2003 > My system crashed, and I copied everything from my HD to > another ...

no permission to send as
Hi. I need some assistance. This question may have been answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it right off. We are trying to grant some interns permission to send email from another mailbox in our exchange organization. We added the mailbox as a user in AD, added the employee to the security tab and granted full permissions (including Send As). I added the employee to the Mailbox Rights tab in AD with full mailbox access. Then we added that mailbox to the employee's Outlook profile. When the employee tries to send email from that address (by putting that user in the From: fiel...

keeps sending same e-mail
Over the past few days my e-mail when trying to send a message with an attachment stays in the outbox but the people I am sending it to receive it every minute until I delete the message manually. I had sent a message Sunday and was away for a few days and my friend received the same e-mail over a 1000 times until I came home a few days later! Not sure if this is related but this has only started happening since I installed Spam fighter software. Please can someone help me? Rie Rie <marie@mgodbeer.fsnet.co.uk> wrote: > Over the past few days my e-mail when trying to send a messag...

Help please: You do not have permission to send to this recipient.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001D_01C6C860.EA0C2D40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm having this problem with a new exchange server that I'm installing. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Tst Sent: 8/25/2006 3:53 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: userxx@yahoo.com on 8/25/2006 3:53 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, = contact your system administrator. <domain.com #5.7....

Confused with disclaimers on Exch2003.
After reading all the posts here and the web links included with some of them and checking Q317680, I am still no nearer getting the disclaimers to work on our system. I followed the instruction precisely as outlined in Q317680 as it seemed more straight forward than Q317327 with no success. I seemed to get all the "success messages generated by the script". I didn't go for the Q317327 option as I didn't want to install VB on the exchange server just to create a dll file for our disclaimer. Nor do I wish to create a secondary virtual SMTP server as suggested on a border ser...

Recommended book for Exch2003?
We will be moving from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 in the next few months, and I'm looking for a good reference book to help with general administration and maintenance. Does anyone have a recommendation? The only books I have found are the Sybex Mastering book by Gerber and the MS Press Administrators Companion. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Steve "Steve T" <steve_tyrol@hotmail.com> wrote: >We will be moving from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 in the next few months, and I'm looking for a good reference book to help with general adminis...

Send Filter
Is it possible to set up a filter so that users can ONLY send email to specified addresses. It depends on your mail server as it is a server side action, not client side. Post your server environment, and, if Exchange, try posting in microsoft.public.exchange.admin. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rob asked: | Is it possible to set up a filter so t...

Can't get audio notification for new mail
I have outlook 2003 set up to get mail from my hotmail account (http server) and I have the audio notification box checked but I get no mail notification (even the Control Panel setting the audio notification set to XP Notify). Thoughts.... Hey I am getting exactly the same problem. Please let me know if you get aby response to your query. Thanks Garry >-----Original Message----- >I have outlook 2003 set up to get mail from my hotmail >account (http server) and I have the audio notification >box checked but I get no mail notification (even the >Control Panel setting th...

url breaks when sending through OWA
when a user sends a url on a email message while on OWA the link changes to the OWA login home page, but the correct url still shows. so if i sent http://www.google.com instead of going to google it will go to the login page of my owa site. thx monica ...

SMTP Errors #3
My front end exchange server has been logging SMTP related errors for some time now and the source remains elusive. Event ID 7004 & 7010 are logging every couple of minutes. Event ID 7004: This is an SMTP protocol error log for virtual server ID 1, connection #15795. The remote host "Syntactically", responded to the SMTP command "helo" with "501 Syntactically invalid HELO argument(s) ". The full command sent was "HELO wwu_femail.williamwoods.local ". This will probably cause the connection to fail. Event ID: 2013 (SMTP could not connect ...

altitude CRM connector
is there anyone who experienced with altitude connector for microsoft crm? I need more technical information about its capabilities. regards rifat note : altitude connector allows integration with altitude integration server product which is used for call center customer interaction from different channels (incoming call, email, web, voip etc.) ...

Mail delivery error #6
I'm unable to receive my e-mail in Outlook 2000,all I get all the time is "mail delivery error # 0x800ccc19.I don't know what to do. Please help. Abayomi, you wrote on Wed, 14 Sep 2005 23:18:03 -0700: > 0x800ccc19 Have you installed a virus scanner which scans incoming mails? If so please disable this feature in the software and try again to receive your mails. Best Regards Christian Goeller -- Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! ...

i can't send mail
hi sir i am facing problem in sending mails . please help me i am waiting your response. Regards Anup sharma "Anup Sharma" <anup22sharma@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23Tk9RHyNLHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > hi sir > i am facing problem in sending mails . please help me i am waiting your > response. > > Regards > Anup sharma How to set up gmail in Windows Mail. http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383 Ensure that you enable your account at the gmail site. If you still have problems then copy and paste ...

A copy of the mail stay on the server
Hi My clients(xp pro) connects through their POP3 accounts to our exchange server (2003). When they download the messages it leaves a copy (and this strange enough doesn't happen for evryone) on the server. If i log onto their mailbox via OWA from within the network i see the messages that they allready have in their inbox in the remote office. Except the outlook setting ... that can leave a copy on the server...is there any other setting that cause this. thanks for the help <hello, In the properties of your pop3 connection , you can specify to leave a copy on the server or n...

How to extract smtp addresses to file? 2k3
Is there a way in Exchange 2003 to export all the smtp address like in 5.5? I used to export to csv and then cleanup in Excel, cant find how to do that with the System Manager utility. Rob Rob: Unfortunately, Exchange 2003 doesn't have a nice feature for importing and exporting like 5.5 had. I really liked that feature. Anyway, you'll need to learn how do the same thing via scripting against AD. Check the Script Center at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/scriptcenter/default.mspx for tips on how to do that. There are probably a few free scripts around for getting the SM...

Syncing exchange e-mails @ home and @ work

Slow opening attachements
I am running Exchange 2k and some of my users (running Outlook 2k or Outlook XP) when they try to open an attachment, it takes up to 30 sec to open a 20k excel sheet. Is there something I can do to speed that up? In Outlook, Exchange? Some of these users are in a different building, but they are connected via a T-1 line. ...

On outlook mail,What do you put in the incoming and the outgoing
How do you set up outlook mail on in comeing and outgoing mail Server check out this web site to get the correct information to enter: http://www.realifewebdesigns.com/web-resources/pop3-smtp.html "Bruce Duncan" wrote: > How do you set up outlook mail on in > comeing and outgoing mail Server Dear, Add a new e-mail account On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts. Select View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next. Do one of the following: If your mail system provider is on the list in the E-mail Accounts dialog box, select the one you want to use and...

SEND To Problem
I have recently installed Office 2003 on a machine running windows vista ultimate. When I try to send a file as an attachment it opens the new message dialog. So when I fill out the details of the email and click send nothing seems to happen. But when I close the message I discover that the email and attachment is sitting in outlooks inbox. Anyone any ideas. Thanks craig ...

Problems sending marketing list e-mails in CRM
When trying to send e-mails from a marketing list, we seem to only have a couple of e-mails that actually get sent. We're selecting all records on all pages, the e-mail account from which to send from but can't seem to figure out why the bulk of the e-mails seem to be failing. Any insight into the cause or solution is appreciated. Any errors in the application log on the CRM server? Is the CRM Bulk Email service running okay? -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "mattboettcher@hotmail.com" wrote: > When trying to send e-mails from a marketing l...

Outlook 2007 New Mail icon (envelope) hit and miss in Windows 7
A user has the Mail icon displayed in Windows 7 on the taskbar by choosing customize notification icons, and then pinning Outlook to the notifications. When new mail comes in, the Outlook icon changes to an envelope to signify that there is new mail. This is still only working sometimes. The user had Outlook minimized and when he went to Outlook to send an email, he noticed that there were 6 new emails waiting, yet he still had no envelope icon on the task bar. Anyone else noticed this with Windows 7 and Outlook 2007? He pinned the wrong icon. There is an Outlook icon and also a...

How I can find who has NOT sent me mail?
This may seem a bit of a stupid thing to want to do but.... I have a list of people that I must get an email response from each day and I am looking for a simple way of finding who on the list has NOT sent me an email today so that I can chase them up. I have played with search folders and advanced search, and it is easy to create a list of email addresses and have then appear in the search folder if they HAVE sent me an email, but I have to then check through this list (are there over a hundred) to see who hasn't sent me a mail. Tedious and error prone. So can you help me find t...

E-mail message headers
When I print an e-mail I get the "From", "Sent", "To" and "Subject" headers printed but not "Attachment" (If I have it). Please can anyone tell me what I have to do to get rid of this annoyance? Thank you very much in advance. ...

Outlook 2003 Cannot Send #2
i am using outlook 2003 and windows XP and can receive but not send e-mail. i can send occasionally but only about 1 out of 50 or so attempts, so i am assuming that all my settings are correct as i can send sometimes. i have just upgraded to outlook 2003 and was using outlook 2002. i have verified that my account settings are correct. i have no firewall. can anybody offer any suggestions. Hey Jim, Does the email you are trying to send bounce back as undeliverable? If so, what error message goes with it? I am fighting something similar with Outlook97, and am looking for ideas of what to ...