Exch. Server in Child Domain - Public Folder replication

I've added both exchange servers in the replication tab of all the
objects that I want to replicate...  Should the folder just appear in the
child domain users' public folder stack?

Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003

Dan Klinge wrote:
> But.....how do I get the Parent Domain's calendars to show up in the Child
> Domain's users' outlook???
>

> "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote in message
>> Yes.   I just setup replication of the two main public calendars and the
>> public contacts.  I think that should be sufficient.
>>

>> "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>> message news:1e0sv158p98tkm1jq0lep4es72p7vv2ocm@4ax.com...

>>> I dont think there is a standard practice or recommendation. It all
>>> depends on how you want to lay it out and what your support model
>>> looks like.
>>> Are the both in the same routing group?

0
Yomama2853 (53)

Yes. When is replication scheduled?

Nue
"Dan Klinge" <Yomama@kdkdjkfjdekfjdkfj.com> wrote in message
> I've added both exchange servers in the replication tab of all the
> objects that I want to replicate...  Should the folder just appear in the
> child domain users' public folder stack?
>
> Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003
>

> Dan Klinge wrote:
>> But.....how do I get the Parent Domain's calendars to show up in the
>> Child
>> Domain's users' outlook???
>>

>> "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote in message
>>> Yes.   I just setup replication of the two main public calendars and the
>>> public contacts.  I think that should be sufficient.
>>>

>>> "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>>> message news:1e0sv158p98tkm1jq0lep4es72p7vv2ocm@4ax.com...

0
imaneophyte (3004)
3/6/2006 10:26:49 PM
I have it running every two hours.

"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes. When is replication scheduled?
>
> Nue
> "Dan Klinge" <Yomama@kdkdjkfjdekfjdkfj.com> wrote in message
>> I've added both exchange servers in the replication tab of all the
>> objects that I want to replicate...  Should the folder just appear in the
>> child domain users' public folder stack?
>>
>> Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003
>>

>> Dan Klinge wrote:
>>> But.....how do I get the Parent Domain's calendars to show up in the
>>> Child
>>> Domain's users' outlook???
>>>

>>> "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote in message

0
Yomama2853 (53)
3/7/2006 2:06:15 PM
I am getting this on the Child Exchange server (what does it mean?):

Event Type: Information
Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store
Event Category: Replication Outgoing Messages
Event ID: 3018
Date:  3/6/2006
Time:  5:10:23 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: RICHMOND2
An outgoing replication message was issued.

Type: 0x2
 Message ID:
<5FC3BA2DA260264D99B28040BC121B2D4766@richmond2.Richmond.arbormed.corp>
 Database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (RICHMOND2)"
 CN min: 1-4762, CN max: 1-4764
 RFIs: 0

 IDCN Deleted:
 1-465A,1-4764

"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes. When is replication scheduled?
>
> Nue
> "Dan Klinge" <Yomama@kdkdjkfjdekfjdkfj.com> wrote in message
>> I've added both exchange servers in the replication tab of all the
>> objects that I want to replicate...  Should the folder just appear in the
>> child domain users' public folder stack?
>>
>> Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003
>>

>> Dan Klinge wrote:
>>> But.....how do I get the Parent Domain's calendars to show up in the
>>> Child
>>> Domain's users' outlook???
>>>

>>> "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote in message

0
Yomama2853 (53)
3/7/2006 2:12:17 PM
Another thing I should mention is that I have four instances of each folder
in ESM - Public Folder Instances.
Four OAB Version 4, four OAB Version 2, etc.

"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes. When is replication scheduled?
>
> Nue
> "Dan Klinge" <Yomama@kdkdjkfjdekfjdkfj.com> wrote in message
>> I've added both exchange servers in the replication tab of all the
>> objects that I want to replicate...  Should the folder just appear in the
>> child domain users' public folder stack?
>>
>> Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003
>>

>> Dan Klinge wrote:
>>> But.....how do I get the Parent Domain's calendars to show up in the
>>> Child
>>> Domain's users' outlook???
>>>

>>> "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote in message

0
Yomama2853 (53)
3/7/2006 2:19:18 PM
It means you have diagnostic logging set too high.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

>I am getting this on the Child Exchange server (what does it mean?):
>
> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store
> Event Category: Replication Outgoing Messages
> Event ID: 3018
> Date:  3/6/2006
> Time:  5:10:23 PM
> User:  N/A
> Computer: RICHMOND2
> An outgoing replication message was issued.
>
> Type: 0x2
> Message ID:
> <5FC3BA2DA260264D99B28040BC121B2D4766@richmond2.Richmond.arbormed.corp>
> Database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (RICHMOND2)"
> CN min: 1-4762, CN max: 1-4764
> RFIs: 0
>
> IDCN Deleted:
> 1-465A,1-4764
>

> "Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Yes. When is replication scheduled?
>>
>> Nue
>> "Dan Klinge" <Yomama@kdkdjkfjdekfjdkfj.com> wrote in message
>>> I've added both exchange servers in the replication tab of all the
>>> objects that I want to replicate...  Should the folder just appear in
>>> the child domain users' public folder stack?
>>>
>>> Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003

0
curspice6401 (3487)
3/7/2006 8:05:38 PM
Those are different folders, not different instances.  OAB Version 2 applies
to Exchange 5.5, OAB Version 4 applies to Exchange 2003 SP2 (IIRC).
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

> Another thing I should mention is that I have four instances of each
> folder in ESM - Public Folder Instances.
> Four OAB Version 4, four OAB Version 2, etc.
>

> "Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Yes. When is replication scheduled?
>>
>> Nue
>> "Dan Klinge" <Yomama@kdkdjkfjdekfjdkfj.com> wrote in message
>>> I've added both exchange servers in the replication tab of all the
>>> objects that I want to replicate...  Should the folder just appear in
>>> the child domain users' public folder stack?
>>>
>>> Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003

0
curspice6401 (3487)
3/7/2006 8:06:18 PM
I understand that but I have 4 copies of OAB 2, 4 copies of OAB 4, etc....
Shouldn't I only have one folder of each??

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
> Those are different folders, not different instances.  OAB Version 2
> applies to Exchange 5.5, OAB Version 4 applies to Exchange 2003 SP2
> (IIRC).
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Dan Klinge" <Yomama@kdkdjkfjdekfjdkfj.com> wrote in message
>> Another thing I should mention is that I have four instances of each
>> folder in ESM - Public Folder Instances.
>> Four OAB Version 4, four OAB Version 2, etc.
>>

>> "Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Yes. When is replication scheduled?
>>>
>>> Nue
>>> "Dan Klinge" <Yomama@kdkdjkfjdekfjdkfj.com> wrote in message

0
Yomama2853 (53)
3/8/2006 2:43:50 PM
Yikes!  That's not good.  I'm scared to tell you to start deleting them, so
instead I suggest you call PSS.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

>I understand that but I have 4 copies of OAB 2, 4 copies of OAB 4, etc....
>Shouldn't I only have one folder of each??
>

> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
>> Those are different folders, not different instances.  OAB Version 2
>> applies to Exchange 5.5, OAB Version 4 applies to Exchange 2003 SP2
>> (IIRC).
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "Dan Klinge" <Yomama@kdkdjkfjdekfjdkfj.com> wrote in message
>>> Another thing I should mention is that I have four instances of each
>>> folder in ESM - Public Folder Instances.
>>> Four OAB Version 4, four OAB Version 2, etc.
>>>

>>> "Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
curspice6401 (3487)
3/9/2006 1:23:20 AM
now it's this....

Event Type:      Error

Event Source:   MSExchangeSA

Event Category:            OAL Generator

Event ID:          9360

Date:                3/10/2006

Time:                9:30:57 AM

User:                N/A

Computer:        RICHMOND2

OALGen encountered an error while generating the changes.oab file for
version 2 and 3 differential downloads of address list '\Global Address
List'.  The offline address list has not been updated so clients will not be
able to download the current set of changes.  Check other logged events to
find the cause of this error.

If the cause of the problem was intentional or cannot be resolved, OALGen
can be forced to post a full offline address list by creating the DWORD
registry key
'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeSA\Parameters\OAL
post full if diff fails' and setting it to 1 on this server.  When OALGen
next generates the offline address list, clients will perform a full OAB
download.  After that time, the registry key should be removed to prevent
further full downloads.

- Richmond Offline Address List

> Yikes!  That's not good.  I'm scared to tell you to start deleting them,
> so instead I suggest you call PSS.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Dan Klinge" <Yomama@kdkdjkfjdekfjdkfj.com> wrote in message
>>I understand that but I have 4 copies of OAB 2, 4 copies of OAB 4, etc....
>>Shouldn't I only have one folder of each??
>>

>> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
>>> Those are different folders, not different instances.  OAB Version 2
>>> applies to Exchange 5.5, OAB Version 4 applies to Exchange 2003 SP2
>>> (IIRC).
>>> --
>>> Ed Crowley
>>> MVP - Exchange
>>> "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
>>>
>>> "Dan Klinge" <Yomama@kdkdjkfjdekfjdkfj.com> wrote in message

0
Yomama2853 (53)

Renaming an Exchange server
Can I just go ahead and change the computer name of an Exchange 2003 server or do I need to reinstall the Exchange software? Regards, Sam. Good question, I've asked exactly the same for Exchange 5.5. Steve "Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:543401c4004c$725e3e70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can I just go ahead and change the computer name of an > Exchange 2003 server or do I need to reinstall the > Exchange software? > Regards, > Sam. No, you can't rename the server. The databases have a reference to the server name and onc...

change database that exists on the same server
Hi I'm trying to connect different database on a same server based on the varriable i set declare @scheme varchar(100) set @scheme = 'first' -- SELECT @scheme , @Plan , @SecurityRF, @Holdings, @StockName IF @scheme = 'first' BEGIN USE first END ELSE IF @scheme = 'second' BEGIN USE second END select db_name() set @scheme = 'second' -- SELECT @scheme , @Plan , @SecurityRF, @Holdings, @StockName IF @scheme = 'first' BEGIN USE first END ELSE IF ...

Exchange Server 2003 SP3
Does anyone know when (or even if) Microsoft are due to release SP3 for Exchange 2003. I have an issue that has a "call PSS" hotfix, but the KB article states "if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 service pack that contains this hotfix" and I need to evaluate whether it is worth applying the hotfix or just waiting. On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 15:49:46 +0100, "Wayne" <wayne@nospam.com> wrote: >Does anyone know when (or even if) Microsoft are due to release SP3 for >Exc...

Windows 2003 Exchange server won't log off
I can't log off our Windows 2003 Exchange server. I can click on start, log off and click yes for "are you sure?" but nothing happens. It's also running Exchange 2003. This should be posted in the windows newsgroups - this has nothing to do with Exchange. Try one of the newsgroups in microsoft.public.windows.server, or microsoft.public.win2000. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne <jules.farrell@james-chapman.co.uk> wrote in message news:1124183408.839364.223120@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I can't log off our Windows 2003 Exchange server. I ca...

OWA Question (Exch 2003)
Exchange 2003. If I go to http://owa/exchange/mailbox and login as Administrator to a certain persons mailbox (Administrator in our domain has rights to all mailboxes) - can the user tell if their email has been logged into? Can I tell from Event viewer or other means? If you open and read messages, they will be marked as read when they view them in Outlook themselves. What is the overall goal? Maybe there is a better way. William Lefkovics, MCSE, A+, ExchangeMVP Hades wrote: > Exchange 2003. > > If I go to http://owa/exchange/mailbox and login as Administrator to a > ...

OWA not allowing child users
I have a child domain and the users in the child domain can open their emails that reside on the root normaly, but when trying to use OutlookWebAccess internaly or externaly they are not allowed. I tryed giving full access to exchage folder for those users, I also change the settings of Default web site to \. I also gave users the right to logon locally to the exchange server. Any ideas please help ...

Outlook 2002 Advanced Find
When I use Advanced Find in Outlook 2002 to locate mail I've archived in a personal folder, I would like to be able to see the folder hierarchy where the mail item was found. Currently, I can only see the lowest level folder, using the "In Folder" column. Is there a way to get this information? ...

Cannot connect to SQL2005 server on Vista Business
I did a new installation of GP 10 on a Vista Business computer, my Dynamics database is on a SQL 2005 server, all other clients is using XP computer to access to it without problem. After new installation of GP 10, I applied a SP4 of GP 10 on top, then I ran the GP Utility program but I found that I got stucked on product version validation process, then I forced it to close and check my ODBC connection to SQL2005 server. But I found that the SQL Native Client cannot access to database, I believed that this is the reason why I got stucked while running GP Utility. I have e...

Trend Micro SMEX ver 6 and exch 2k
Hi. I am running exchange 2k enterprise on a win2k platform (patched and hotfixed to date) I am also running scanmail for exchange version 6 (SMEX) and the e-manager plug-in for Smex anti-spam. My issue is this, every day at approx 1:30pm clients outlook become unresponsive until the exchange server is rebooted. Stopping the Exchange or SMEX related services is not an option because the ScanMail_RealTimeScan service appears to interact with the store in such a way as to prevent either service from stopping gracefully. ie they just hang and the only work around is reboot server. Not good ;0( ...

Exchange 2007 Hub Servers and Reset-From: header
Hello, We have serveral recipients in our exchange organization who have their mail forwarded to an external recipient. We recently deployed exchange 2007 in the hub and client access roles. When a message is forwarded by exchange 2007, a Resent-From: header is being added to the message. For example: Resent-From: William Holmes wtholmes@cs.cornell.edu Is there a way to supress this Resent-From header? It is causing some problems for us. I would like the forwarding to be trasparent like it was in Exchange 2003. Obviously the Received: headers will still be there to track the message...

Server Failures
Hello Friends, Some mail are stuck in exchange server and shown up in Sync Issues>Server Failures in Outlook. Is thier any way to change setting so that all those mail are shown in Inbox or Spam folder. Is their any way to resolve server failures. All user using exchange is complaing that they dont receive mail from other users. When i check thoses are in Server failure folder. Thanks Regards Gureey On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:08:02 -0700, Gureey <Gureey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello Friends, > >Some mail are stuck in exchange server and shown up in Sync Issue...

Does DDNS work with Exch 2003?
I had DDNS (no-ip.com) working with Exchange 2000 a while ago but now I'm trying it out on 2003 and cannot get it to work. Everything gets stuck in the queue and mail from the outside bounces back to the sender. I know I'm a rookie but it's the only way I can learn. I have a feeling my FQDN is not right as well as my MX records. Any help will be appreciated. BP As long as your Exchange 2003 server is able to receive messages, that shouldn't cause any problem (of course, supposing your DDNS is updated when necessary). What error message do you get ? "Brian Par...

Deleted exchange 5.5 site not replicating over the ADC to Exchange 2000 side
We are a part of a shared Exchange 5.5 organization but our site is primarily Exchange 2000/2k3. We maintain a single 5.5 server as the rest of the Org is 5.5. The problem we are seeing is when the folks who control the Organization at the top level remove a site that is no longer used, that deletion is not carrying over the CONFIG_CA agreement to the Exchange 2000/AD side. Our Exchange 5.5 server executes the deletion with no issue. Any ideas on why this deletion is not replicating properly over the ADC and throught the SRS database? In the past we have manually removed the sites/recipie...

how to aunthenticate the outgoing server?
I try to send an receive Mail and the message i get is: my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) I need to know how to authenticate the outgoing server Volunt <Volunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I try to send an receive Mail and the message i get is: > > my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) > > I need to know how to authenticate the outgoing server Select the Outgoing Server tab of your account properties and check the box that says "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" -- Brian Tillman ...

Load Balanced Application Servers
We are planning a large CRM implementation and I can't find any information on load balancing CRM application servers. I would like to setup 2 CRM app servers behind a cisco load balancer, both app servers would use the same SQL server backend. Any information on if this will be a problem is appreciated. Hi Robbie, This is a supported config which a lot of our customers are currently live on. I think you will find the information you are looking for in the Deployment Guide on your documentation CD. -- Alex Simons Director of Program Management Microsoft CRM --------------------...

integration of Project Server 2007 and MOSS 2007
I have installed two server installation of Project server 2007 . and it is working fine. now i want to use feature of proposal workflow . for which i need MOSS 2007. and i know with my experience that if we install MOSS 2007 over the application server of project server 2007 it will start to creating errors in event viewer. thats why i want to make another server in which i want to install only MOSS 2007 and add this with the existing farm of project server 2007 and creating databases of MOSS 2007 in Database server of Project Server 2007 . then use proposal workflow feature...

Requesting data from Servers
This problem just started recently. "Requesting Data from Server" Machine running outlook 2000 Are you on an exchange server? "BJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ab001c3f494$88bb4fa0$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > This problem just started recently. "Requesting Data from > Server" Machine running outlook 2000 >-----Original Message----- >Are you on an exchange server? > >"BJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >news:0ab001c3f494$88bb4fa0$3a01280a@phx.gbl... >> This pr...

Cannot connect to the server, using server name
I have a machine running V3C desktop client with KB927751 patch installed. This machine can ping the CRM server and can reach it via IP address, but cannot connect via the server name. It can reach other intranet servers with just their names, and can reach the server via web access and IP and log in, using the tool that way, but as installed in Outlook with the server name, it will not connect. I've checked all pop-up blockers and none are active, and added it as a trusted site. I have many other machines running fine, both other desktops and laptops. Any other ideas? r/ A. Akin Hi, ...

Exch.2003, clients cannot open attachments
I have exchange 2003 and clients are complaining that they cannot open attachment. Any suggestion ? Thanks Do you have anti virus software scanning your mail when it goes out? Maybe the virus software is corrupting the file before it sent. Try stopping the service. Gary ...

Exchange 2003 Enterprise Server SP1 & Windows Server 2003 SP1
does anyone know whether MS has approved installing win server 2003 sp1 over exchange 2003 sp1? thanks. On Wed, 25 May 2005 16:56:07 -0400, "Halo5011" <halo5011@gmail.com> wrote: >does anyone know whether MS has approved installing win server 2003 sp1 over >exchange 2003 sp1? > >thanks. > Absolutely. No real show stoppers to report though you may want to look at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?amp;displaylang=en&familyid=22CFC239-337C-4D81-8354-72593B1C1F43&displaylang=en Specifically: If you are running Windows Small Business Se...

Add "Empty Folder" choice to context menu for an Outlook personal folder?
I would like to add an "Empty folder" menu choice similar to that available on the Recycling Bin or the Outlook Junk Email folder to another folder's context menu in my Outlook 2003 personal folder. Is this possible? Can the "right-click" context menus be edited? Thanks in Advance Joe Dolsak No, that's not possible.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

IMAP on a frontend server?
I am having problems setting up IMAP on a frontend server and would like to see if anyone has some ideas about how to address my problem. The problem: Can not access IMAP folders when connecting to the frontend server, but I can access the IMAP folders on the backend server. When attempting to connect to the frontend server I get authentication errors. My environment: I have a frontend (standard) / backend (Enterprise) Exchange 2003 environment. No firewall sits between the frontend and backend. All the mailboxes are located on the backend server. The frontend server runs OWA without pro...

Strange behavior when setting Outlook 2003 with IMAP server
I setup out Outlook 2003 with an IMAP server and download the folder hierarchy. For some reason it's displaying two instances of INBOX although one is above the other in the hierarchy. I.E there is on folder called INBOX and another called INBOX.INBOX both contains the same emails. Can anyone explain why this is occurring? Mary <someone@mail.com> wrote: > I setup out Outlook 2003 with an IMAP server and download the folder > hierarchy. For some reason it's displaying two instances of INBOX > although one is above the other in the hierarchy. > > I.E t...

Problem with Domain user as local administrator
Hello, I have a problem with the authentication of users to access services. I have a domain with Windows 2008 R2 and all servers are W2008 R2. I want to add a domain user as local administrator into the server and not appears on the list, but says if it is. If I logon on that server with the domain user works fine but does not have administrator access because some complement is not allowed. I turned off the UAC and so the server can access. The problem comes when the user wants to access such a SQL and indicates that the domain is not trusted. It does not seem to ha...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?