Exch Server 2003 - Enable message tracking - Access Denied

I am trying to fix message tracking on one of our 2003 Exch Servers.

The log file directory has a load of unreadable characters in it, but when I
try to change it by pointing to either the existing log folder or a new one I
get the following error;

Existing folder;
Access is denied
Facility: Win32
ID no: c0070005
Microsoft Exchange Management

I have looked the error up and checked the permissions on the following
registry key;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurePipe\Winreg

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\language

Everything seem correct so what is stopping us enabling message tracking?
0
SO3IT (1)

"The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator."
When I try to create a new appointment in Outlook 2003 (with all the latest updates) on my Windows XP Home Edition SP2 (with all the latest updates) I get the following message: "The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator." What now??????? Austin Powers wrote: > When I try to create a new appointment in Outlook 2003 (with all the > latest updates) on my Windows XP Home Edition SP2 (with all the > latest updates) I get the following message: > > "The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact...

2007 Excel vs. 2003
Good Afternoon, I'm trying to switch a spreadsheet with Programming/Macros from Office 2003 to 2007 . I'm having some compatibility issues and I'm hoping someone can help. In Excel 2003, if you had Text Fields or Shapes and were sending to a new workbook, these were automatically ported over (meaning you'd have to program in a logic if you didn't want them to show up the new worksheet). I'm hoping to continue that working in Office 2007 but that doesn't appear to be the case. Since I have so many Text Fields and shapes I'm carrying over to th...

Renaming an Exchange server
Can I just go ahead and change the computer name of an Exchange 2003 server or do I need to reinstall the Exchange software? Regards, Sam. Good question, I've asked exactly the same for Exchange 5.5. Steve "Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:543401c4004c$725e3e70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can I just go ahead and change the computer name of an > Exchange 2003 server or do I need to reinstall the > Exchange software? > Regards, > Sam. No, you can't rename the server. The databases have a reference to the server name and onc...

i cant send any messages!! help!
i've created an outlook express account and whenever i send a message an error will come up. and i cant send any messages this is the error: The host ''mail.optonline.net'' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: ''mail.optonline.net'', Server: ''mail.optonline.net'', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D please help -lindsay Lindsay <Hersheys_xox_kisses@yahoo.com> wrote: > i've created an outlook express account a...

change database that exists on the same server
Hi I'm trying to connect different database on a same server based on the varriable i set declare @scheme varchar(100) set @scheme = 'first' -- SELECT @scheme , @Plan , @SecurityRF, @Holdings, @StockName IF @scheme = 'first' BEGIN USE first END ELSE IF @scheme = 'second' BEGIN USE second END select db_name() set @scheme = 'second' -- SELECT @scheme , @Plan , @SecurityRF, @Holdings, @StockName IF @scheme = 'first' BEGIN USE first END ELSE IF ...

Exchange Server 2003 SP3
Does anyone know when (or even if) Microsoft are due to release SP3 for Exchange 2003. I have an issue that has a "call PSS" hotfix, but the KB article states "if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 service pack that contains this hotfix" and I need to evaluate whether it is worth applying the hotfix or just waiting. On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 15:49:46 +0100, "Wayne" <wayne@nospam.com> wrote: >Does anyone know when (or even if) Microsoft are due to release SP3 for >Exc...

Windows 2003 Exchange server won't log off
I can't log off our Windows 2003 Exchange server. I can click on start, log off and click yes for "are you sure?" but nothing happens. It's also running Exchange 2003. This should be posted in the windows newsgroups - this has nothing to do with Exchange. Try one of the newsgroups in microsoft.public.windows.server, or microsoft.public.win2000. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne <jules.farrell@james-chapman.co.uk> wrote in message news:1124183408.839364.223120@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I can't log off our Windows 2003 Exchange server. I ca...

OWA Question (Exch 2003)
Exchange 2003. If I go to http://owa/exchange/mailbox and login as Administrator to a certain persons mailbox (Administrator in our domain has rights to all mailboxes) - can the user tell if their email has been logged into? Can I tell from Event viewer or other means? If you open and read messages, they will be marked as read when they view them in Outlook themselves. What is the overall goal? Maybe there is a better way. William Lefkovics, MCSE, A+, ExchangeMVP Hades wrote: > Exchange 2003. > > If I go to http://owa/exchange/mailbox and login as Administrator to a > ...

Cannot connect to SQL2005 server on Vista Business
I did a new installation of GP 10 on a Vista Business computer, my Dynamics database is on a SQL 2005 server, all other clients is using XP computer to access to it without problem. After new installation of GP 10, I applied a SP4 of GP 10 on top, then I ran the GP Utility program but I found that I got stucked on product version validation process, then I forced it to close and check my ODBC connection to SQL2005 server. But I found that the SQL Native Client cannot access to database, I believed that this is the reason why I got stucked while running GP Utility. I have e...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Hi Guys: I have a spreadsheet where I am pulling Account data from several sources. One thing that I am looking for is to see if a given account has been on the same strategy for the duration of the period under test. Visually I would determine this by scanning a row of data to see that the strategy code (Alpha Code) was consistent throughout the period. Is there a quick way of looking at a range of cells and determining if they are all the same? The period could be several hundred cells long. Craig You can use a formula like: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10<>"")/COUNTIF(A1:A10,A1:A...

Outlook closes Word after each message
For some reason, Outlook closes Word after each message, and then re-installs it for the following message...and also duplicates a lot of the messages (but not always). I tried to repair Office pro, but got the messge; "this patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package" I also tried to uninstall and reinstall Office Pro, but got the same message as above, an it would not let me uninstall the program. ...

Publisher 2003 #10
Can anyone tell me if Publisher 2003 has Thumbnail in it's Tool Menu! Like Front Page has! No, it does not. "Sam Kellogg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEB8498F-D84B-4C6B-A2AE-C41D7B478396@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me if Publisher 2003 has Thumbnail in it's Tool Menu! Like Front Page has! Let me add to that. You CAN create a thumbnail but it's not an autothumbnail feature. This is from the Help file. I'm going to assume you do not have Pub 2003 otherwise you've have done your own research, right? 1.. On your ...

Trend Micro SMEX ver 6 and exch 2k
Hi. I am running exchange 2k enterprise on a win2k platform (patched and hotfixed to date) I am also running scanmail for exchange version 6 (SMEX) and the e-manager plug-in for Smex anti-spam. My issue is this, every day at approx 1:30pm clients outlook become unresponsive until the exchange server is rebooted. Stopping the Exchange or SMEX related services is not an option because the ScanMail_RealTimeScan service appears to interact with the store in such a way as to prevent either service from stopping gracefully. ie they just hang and the only work around is reboot server. Not good ;0( ...

Macro or button to pop up printer message!?
Hello I would like to enable a button or macro that i can easily set up so that everytime i change a value from a cell the printer message pops up saying "If i want to print"......can this be done using a macro without programming? Thanks for your time From John -- Neo1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30329 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=514069 John, I think you would need to use a worksheet change event for that, some...

Lost messages? Where did they go?
Going through today's email I accidently leaned on the "Delete" key, and the last two weeks of my Inbox was deleted. No problem, just move it back from the Deleted Items folder (by selecting and dragging). Did that in three batches -- first two were fine, then on the last one I got a dialog box that said "Creating an item from these 79 items will take some time -- Continue, Cancel". I cancelled and re-selected them, and got the same message. So I clicked "Continue", though it seemed wrong. Indeed it was! It took a while, and the 79 messages are totall...

Server Failures
Hello Friends, Some mail are stuck in exchange server and shown up in Sync Issues>Server Failures in Outlook. Is thier any way to change setting so that all those mail are shown in Inbox or Spam folder. Is their any way to resolve server failures. All user using exchange is complaing that they dont receive mail from other users. When i check thoses are in Server failure folder. Thanks Regards Gureey On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:08:02 -0700, Gureey <Gureey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello Friends, > >Some mail are stuck in exchange server and shown up in Sync Issue...

VBA and Chart Legends (2003 and 2007)
I have this snippet of code to update the legends to the bottom of the chart For Each objCht In WS.ChartObjects With objCht.Chart .Legend.Position = xlLegendPositionBottom End With Next objCht If I record this in 2003 OR 2007, I get this ActiveChart.Legend.Select Selection.Position = xlBottom But if I type .Legend.Position in the original snippet, xlLegendPositionBottom is an option and xlBottom is not an option. In Office 2007, it appears to Gack on xlLegendPositionBottom and prefers xlBottom. Is this a bug, or am I missing somethin...

Exchange 2007 Hub Servers and Reset-From: header
Hello, We have serveral recipients in our exchange organization who have their mail forwarded to an external recipient. We recently deployed exchange 2007 in the hub and client access roles. When a message is forwarded by exchange 2007, a Resent-From: header is being added to the message. For example: Resent-From: William Holmes wtholmes@cs.cornell.edu Is there a way to supress this Resent-From header? It is causing some problems for us. I would like the forwarding to be trasparent like it was in Exchange 2003. Obviously the Received: headers will still be there to track the message...

show tracked changes
How can I view tracked changes in an Outlook file? ...

Does DDNS work with Exch 2003?
I had DDNS (no-ip.com) working with Exchange 2000 a while ago but now I'm trying it out on 2003 and cannot get it to work. Everything gets stuck in the queue and mail from the outside bounces back to the sender. I know I'm a rookie but it's the only way I can learn. I have a feeling my FQDN is not right as well as my MX records. Any help will be appreciated. BP As long as your Exchange 2003 server is able to receive messages, that shouldn't cause any problem (of course, supposing your DDNS is updated when necessary). What error message do you get ? "Brian Par...

how to start outlook 2003?
when i click on outlook its general tap appears with the message "outlook is unable to open this file" Have you tried a new profile from Control Panel->Mail Icon? Did Outlook ever work? If yes, what did you change just before it stopped working? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, ak20 asked: | when i click on outlook its general tap appears with the message | "outlook is unable to o...

how to aunthenticate the outgoing server?
I try to send an receive Mail and the message i get is: my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) I need to know how to authenticate the outgoing server Volunt <Volunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I try to send an receive Mail and the message i get is: > > my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) > > I need to know how to authenticate the outgoing server Select the Outgoing Server tab of your account properties and check the box that says "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" -- Brian Tillman ...

Load Balanced Application Servers
We are planning a large CRM implementation and I can't find any information on load balancing CRM application servers. I would like to setup 2 CRM app servers behind a cisco load balancer, both app servers would use the same SQL server backend. Any information on if this will be a problem is appreciated. Hi Robbie, This is a supported config which a lot of our customers are currently live on. I think you will find the information you are looking for in the Deployment Guide on your documentation CD. -- Alex Simons Director of Program Management Microsoft CRM --------------------...

using 2003 to open a '97 db
I have users with 2003 and Im trying to give the ability to open or use '97 data base. Ive tried 2 things 1: just open db. this works but as soon as they try and do some form operation an error comes up 'operation not supported on replicable databases that have not been converted to the current version' 2. create a 2003 db with linked tables pointing at the '97 database. The result of this is that the linked tables have the first three fields missing and are replaced with fields named s_GUID, s_Lineage, ect Shouldnt this be easy? I know I saw some very good user instruct...

attachment handling in exchange 2003 vs. 5.5
One of our systems generates emails using a java-based program. I have no control over this. It attaches a Word document to the email and sends it to our client's server. Recently they switched from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 and a problem has developed. Under 5.5, the word document was listed as an attachment. Under 2003, the word document appears to be embedded in the body of the email and there is no attachment. More about this later in this email. I believe the problem is caused by the Java program setting the Content-Type to "application/octet-stream". 1) Ca...