From: Mail Delivery Subsystem
[mailto:MAILER-DAEMON@nl.sbc.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2007 11:01 AM
To: Valerie@.com
Subject: Return receipt

The original message was received at Sat, 3 Feb 2007 10:01:25 -0600
from gw1.d.com [68..51]

   ----- The following addresses had successful delivery notifications -----
<r@cbell.net>  (relayed to non-DSN-aware mailer)

<r@cbell.net>... relayed; expect no further notifications

0
Fez (10)

Fez <Fez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>One of my user sent an email to the client yesterday, Since then this user
>has been receiving return receipt every two minutes.

Those are Delivery Service Notifications, not "return receipts".
They're sent by the server because the sender asked for a DSN.

>Client has been also
>receiving the email in every 3 minutes.
>
>I have rebooted my server, Recreated the email address. Rest the IMS queue.
>Following is the email which my user are receving. Can any one please help.

IIRC, you can shutdown the outbound connections on the 5.5 IMS. Do
that and you should be able to find the message(s) that are looping in
the IMCDATA\outbound directory.

Once you have them, stop the IMS entirely. Move (don't copy) those
messages out of the directory. Then delete the imcdata\queue.dat file.
Now restart the IMS and resume the outbound connections.

Now that the message is no longer being sent to the other MTA the
DSN's will stop and so /should/ the message loop.

Someone has an auto-reply rule in their mailbox, and it may not be at
your site. Find them and punish them severely.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

OWA Question (Exch 2003)
Exchange 2003. If I go to http://owa/exchange/mailbox and login as Administrator to a certain persons mailbox (Administrator in our domain has rights to all mailboxes) - can the user tell if their email has been logged into? Can I tell from Event viewer or other means? If you open and read messages, they will be marked as read when they view them in Outlook themselves. What is the overall goal? Maybe there is a better way. William Lefkovics, MCSE, A+, ExchangeMVP Hades wrote: > Exchange 2003. > > If I go to http://owa/exchange/mailbox and login as Administrator to a > ...

Syncing information between AD and Exchange 5.5
I am not sure if anyone can answer this we users on Exchange 5.5 as well as AD. I would would if anyone know of a third party program that will allow me to populate information on the Exchange 5.5 side onto the AD user side? For instance for the email portion of it I would like to populate users email and have it appear on the AD side. I know I might have to select the users which isn't a big deal but anything would be nice. TIA. On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:35:52 -0500, "WooYing" <wooying@nospaming.net> wrote: >I am not sure if anyone can answer this we users on Exchan...

Upgrade GP10 Advanced -SP4
After upgrading to SP4, we get the error MEM_BAD_POINTER. When printing for example a Financial Trial Balance I can see that the GL-account is not fully and correct displayed on the report. After this above mentioned error the application closed. Any idea hoe to solve it?? -- Toni Toni, We have seen a similar error recently with one of our clients. I found this link to another forum posting and think it might help get you pointed in the right direction: http://www.keyongtech.com/1146749-mem_lock_error-in-cash-receipts-apply We have not yet had time to complete the s...

Trend Micro SMEX ver 6 and exch 2k
Hi. I am running exchange 2k enterprise on a win2k platform (patched and hotfixed to date) I am also running scanmail for exchange version 6 (SMEX) and the e-manager plug-in for Smex anti-spam. My issue is this, every day at approx 1:30pm clients outlook become unresponsive until the exchange server is rebooted. Stopping the Exchange or SMEX related services is not an option because the ScanMail_RealTimeScan service appears to interact with the store in such a way as to prevent either service from stopping gracefully. ie they just hang and the only work around is reboot server. Not good ;0( ...

Comments #5
I made a long comment in my excel spread sheet and I want to highlight the comment and copy and paste in a Word document. The comment is longer than one page so how can I highlight it so I can copy it? Richard How did you make this comment? Insert>Comment or? You should be able to right-click on the cell and Edit Comment. Highlight the text and copy. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 14:56:40 -0700, "Richard" <miller6708@cox.net> wrote: >I made a long comment in my excel spread sheet and I want to highlight the >comment and copy and paste in a ...

Does DDNS work with Exch 2003?
I had DDNS (no-ip.com) working with Exchange 2000 a while ago but now I'm trying it out on 2003 and cannot get it to work. Everything gets stuck in the queue and mail from the outside bounces back to the sender. I know I'm a rookie but it's the only way I can learn. I have a feeling my FQDN is not right as well as my MX records. Any help will be appreciated. BP As long as your Exchange 2003 server is able to receive messages, that shouldn't cause any problem (of course, supposing your DDNS is updated when necessary). What error message do you get ? "Brian Par...

Exch.2003, clients cannot open attachments
I have exchange 2003 and clients are complaining that they cannot open attachment. Any suggestion ? Thanks Do you have anti virus software scanning your mail when it goes out? Maybe the virus software is corrupting the file before it sent. Try stopping the service. Gary ...

Looping Through Records
I'm Using Sandra Daigles code to loop through and make a change to all records in a table. The field in the table "Select" is a Yes/No data type. It changes only the current record in my form. Here is the code. Any suggestion welcomed. Private Sub cmdDeSelect_Click() Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Dim db As DAO.Database Set db = CurrentDb() 'Change this to your SQL or to the name of a saved query Set rst = db.OpenRecordset("Select * from tblCDMRvalues;") With rst ' Very important to avoid errors if no records are returned If Not (.EOF And .BOF) Then &...

Migration Exch 5.5 to Exch 2003
Hello all. I had a lot of fun with our old Exchange server lately as I have the function of an admin here in our small company, but to be true: I am none. Making a lot of errors, learning more. At last we convinced the boss to buy new software, even though it was not in our "investment plan". New software yes, but not new hardware. Ok, here my problems are starting... This is current: PDC with Win NT 4.0 (2 GB first harddisk partition - WHY?) BDC with Win NT 4.0 (same 2GB partition thing, is there a special reason for it? This prevents me from "simple updating" the comp...

illegal operation #5
when i attempt to open outlook a box opens saying there was an illegal operation "outlook caused an invalid page fault in module OUTLLIB.DLL at 017f: 3a61f688" what does that mean and what can I do? ...

How to Concatenate a variable name in a vba loop ?
Const Value1 as long = 5 Const Value2 as long = 12 Const Value3 as long = 7 For i = 1 to 3 MsgBox Value & i '<-- How to do this properly? Next i I want MsgBox to display 5 then 12 then 7 I can't figgure out how to get Value and i to combine properly to do this. thanks for any help. PS - This is a repost as I didn't ask the question correctly last time. But you are happy with the last answer you got? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "tmb" <topmailbox@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u%d2e.8729$vd.6624@tornad...

Old user keeps receiving mail in Exch 2003
I have a old user (she has been deleted) that keeps receiving a large amount of SPAM. I have the Exchange server automatically move this undeliverable mail to a folder on the server called BadMail, and once a week I go and manually delete all the files in that directory. The question are: 1. Can exchange be set up to reject the mail to this old user (not except it for local delivery to the domain) 2. If not 1, then can I set exchange up to automatically dump the inbound undeliverables Thanks in advance what version of Exchange? if it's 2000 or 2003, you can configure your serv...

Exchange 5.5 #15
We have just recovered our priv.edb database using eseutil /p. we have lost data as expected, however we also have e-mails from 28/01/04 and we can't read or delete them. Is there any way we can get rid of these e-mails? Your input would be greatly appreciated, as we have around 100 employees and they all have these undeletable emails. Thanks in advance, Graham Walker lukebrennan <lukebrennan@iinet.net.au> wrote: >Graham Walker wrote: >> We have just recovered our priv.edb database using >> eseutil /p. we have lost data as expected, however we also >> ha...

Need Excel equivalent of Lotus CTRL-SHIFT-PG UP/DWN #5
Ohhhh let me try that...thanks -- vpr8 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vpr80's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1578 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27340 ...

Pop3 Problem #5
Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP2 Outlook 2003 SP1 When Outlook trys to Send\Receive it hangs up when checking my pop3 accounts. No error messages. Then the computer slows down until it freezes up and can only be rebooted by disconnection the power source. Any ideas Thanks Don After reading some of the other posts I found a suggestion to unload any add-ins. I unclicked the fax add-in and it cleared up the problem. Thanks "Don Pistulka" <NotAnAddress@myplace.com> wrote in message news:%239Zb5kQKFHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Windows XP Home Edition Vers...

Repost
Sorry for the repost but my CIO wants me to move forward on this project TODAY (Tue, May 4th). Any feedback before I make a move would be helpful. **************************** We are running (1) one Exchange 5.5 server w/sp 4 in our company and it is running on a Windows NT 4.0 server w/sp 6a. We are running (2) two Windows 2003 Servers and Active Directory (AD), DNS, DHCP and WINS. We would like to migrate to Exchange 2003 running on a NEW Windows 2003 Server box. Here are the steps I was thinking about doing for the migration. Can someone take a look at them and see if I am on the ri...

Exch 2003: Alternate Server recovery question
Sorry my last post was really long. What is the alternate server recovery scenario useful for (that is when is it necessary to recover exchange to an alternate server that is on a separate AD forest, with a separate DC and DNS server)? I thought that was a thing of the past...exch 5.5. if you want to see what i mean click http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/events/exchange2003/tnt1-101.mspx and click the "Alternate Server Recovery" link. thank you TM Ayala Well, Recovery Storage Groups don't work for every situation. For example, if the original Exchange server...

XP Home/Outlook (Exchange 5.5) login errors
Hi there--I hope someone can help me. I have a home user with XP home installed. This machine has been configured to access an Exchange 5.5 mailbox (using Outlook xp). When the user brings this machine into the office and connects (physically)to my network and attempts to login to his mailbox he gets an error message indicating the his login information is "incorrect". This user can dial in via RAS and is prompted for his user name and password without a problem. He can also access his mailbox via OWA. It's just when he connects physically to the network that he is getting t...

Date Formula #5
I need help with a formula that goes form cell to cell returning the next month's date... For example, in cell A10, I have current date "3/12/05" ... in cell A11, I'd like to input a formula that will return "4/12/05" and so forth... What formula can I use? ... TIA!!! LavaDude =A10+1 -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Davey Boy" <mikioiTAKEOUT@gte.net> wrote in message news:Xns96179C63C835mikioigtenet@199.45.49.11... >I need help with a formula that goes form cell to cell returning the next > month's date......

OWA 5.5 error message
Hello, I have an OWA 5.5 server running on windows 2000 server, mailbox server resides on a different server, exchange 5.5 on win2k. Exchange has multiple sites. My problem: when somebody tries to logon to webmail from a different domain (trusted) than the one with OWA they get :There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request and OWA logs event id: 100, source: w3svc with the message: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request. The data is the error code. Could somebody help, please? P.S. Users logon using domain\username for...

Cannot remove last 5.5 server
Hi All, I need some guidence in removing the last 5.5 server. We migrated to exchange 2003 with out any problems, we moved all the mailboxes and public folders to the new 2k3 server. I removed the ADC prior to reading the KB article that shows how to remove the last 5.5 box, which states that after I delete the 5.5 server I have to force replication of the config_CA in order for the deletion to replicate. My question is should I just install the ADC once again or can I remove the server without affecting Exch. 2k3 using ADSI Edit (KB 328668)? I need to remove this box but I am nervous...

exch 5.5 to exch 2003
I have an Exch 5.5 server on an NT4 domain. I also have an AD domain, no current exchange servers, with a trust relationship with the NT domain. I have now purchased new server hardware and Exchange Server 2003. My question is, is there a way to set up the exch 2003 server as a new installation, no co-existance with 5.5, and then migrate the 5.5 mailboxes over to it? Or do I have to do the coexistance thing? Thank you. Hi, It is possible to extract the user mailboxes with exmerge and then import these to a new system. Leif "John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote i...

Migrating from Groupwise 5.5
Does anyone know of a utility or has done a migration of Groupwise to Exchange 2k or 2k3? My research has shown that the built in wizard in Exch does not migrate the address book and I'll need to do that. I need to migrate about 20 mailboxes. Thx. For 20 mailboxes, it's not worth the trouble to try and get the address book sync and mail routing working at all. Creating 20 mailboxes is a half hour task even manually, then you can use the migration wizard to move the user data. Good luck. "Bernard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a...

Millionaire at 31...on the internet #5
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Exchange 5.5 Public Folder Server Binaries reinstall
All, My customer is on Exchange 5.5 Org. and looking to reinstall exchange binaries for a Public Folder server on a new partition as the binaries are not installed on the correct partition. The pub.edb is approximately 120GB. Could someone let me know what could be the best way to perform this task other than to replicate the data to another public folder server and then reinstall the server correctly. Thanks in advance. -Samir On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 06:47:02 -0700, "Samir Marwaha" <SamirMarwaha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >All, > > > >...