Exch 5..5 in W2Kdomain add permissions

I'm running Exch 5.5 in W2k mixed mode domain that was
upgraded from NT4.0.  When I add a new mailbox and try to
add another user (on Permissions tab of the properties of
that mailbox) this error shows:
"MS Exch Administrator:
The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently
available.  MS Windows NT ID no: 0xc00217e6"
Anyone know if there's a way for multiple users to access
the newly created mailbox in this environment?
0
ecreager (1)

OWA Question (Exch 2003)
Exchange 2003. If I go to http://owa/exchange/mailbox and login as Administrator to a certain persons mailbox (Administrator in our domain has rights to all mailboxes) - can the user tell if their email has been logged into? Can I tell from Event viewer or other means? If you open and read messages, they will be marked as read when they view them in Outlook themselves. What is the overall goal? Maybe there is a better way. William Lefkovics, MCSE, A+, ExchangeMVP Hades wrote: > Exchange 2003. > > If I go to http://owa/exchange/mailbox and login as Administrator to a > ...

Add Data to subform
Hi All, I have a drop down box that I have set the after update event to add data to a subform. However it adds the data to the first record on the subform. How to I code it so it add the data to a new line on the subform? Thanks Matt -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200708/1 Here is my current code. What happened when I ran is it over wrote the first record of data. DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec ' Perform some action. Form!sfrmToQCLog![PO] = cboLookupPO.Column(...

Syncing information between AD and Exchange 5.5
I am not sure if anyone can answer this we users on Exchange 5.5 as well as AD. I would would if anyone know of a third party program that will allow me to populate information on the Exchange 5.5 side onto the AD user side? For instance for the email portion of it I would like to populate users email and have it appear on the AD side. I know I might have to select the users which isn't a big deal but anything would be nice. TIA. On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:35:52 -0500, "WooYing" <wooying@nospaming.net> wrote: >I am not sure if anyone can answer this we users on Exchan...

How do I add accents to Spanish words?
I am trying to add accents to Spanish words. Any suggestions. Thanks Hi, Use AltGr+the accent (~), release AltGr, press n and you get � Regards Leif "syssupspe" <syssupspe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:707F012F-3607-4F01-AAE8-999EC22B06B5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to add accents to Spanish words. Any suggestions. Thanks Leif What is AltGr? Thanks, Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 14:01:19 GMT, "Leif" <leifhy@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, >Use AltGr+the accent (~), release AltGr, press n and you get � >Regards &...

Trend Micro SMEX ver 6 and exch 2k
Hi. I am running exchange 2k enterprise on a win2k platform (patched and hotfixed to date) I am also running scanmail for exchange version 6 (SMEX) and the e-manager plug-in for Smex anti-spam. My issue is this, every day at approx 1:30pm clients outlook become unresponsive until the exchange server is rebooted. Stopping the Exchange or SMEX related services is not an option because the ScanMail_RealTimeScan service appears to interact with the store in such a way as to prevent either service from stopping gracefully. ie they just hang and the only work around is reboot server. Not good ;0( ...

Comments #5
I made a long comment in my excel spread sheet and I want to highlight the comment and copy and paste in a Word document. The comment is longer than one page so how can I highlight it so I can copy it? Richard How did you make this comment? Insert>Comment or? You should be able to right-click on the cell and Edit Comment. Highlight the text and copy. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 14:56:40 -0700, "Richard" <miller6708@cox.net> wrote: >I made a long comment in my excel spread sheet and I want to highlight the >comment and copy and paste in a ...

Does DDNS work with Exch 2003?
I had DDNS (no-ip.com) working with Exchange 2000 a while ago but now I'm trying it out on 2003 and cannot get it to work. Everything gets stuck in the queue and mail from the outside bounces back to the sender. I know I'm a rookie but it's the only way I can learn. I have a feeling my FQDN is not right as well as my MX records. Any help will be appreciated. BP As long as your Exchange 2003 server is able to receive messages, that shouldn't cause any problem (of course, supposing your DDNS is updated when necessary). What error message do you get ? "Brian Par...

Exch.2003, clients cannot open attachments
I have exchange 2003 and clients are complaining that they cannot open attachment. Any suggestion ? Thanks Do you have anti virus software scanning your mail when it goes out? Maybe the virus software is corrupting the file before it sent. Try stopping the service. Gary ...

Add Find Columns feature in 1.2?
The Add Find Columns feature in 3.0 "essentially adds the equivalent to a SQL ‘OR’ statement into your search." The biggest problem my users experience in their daily use of CRM is finding leads. Search never works, because it only looks up contact names. Usually, they end up creating their own lead, which of course 1) is a duplicate, and 2) lacks valuable information provided by our database marketing folks on the original lead. Is there any way (i.e. unsupported) to manually fix the Find Leads search to add the company name field via an SQL 'or' statement? -- Ste...

Migration Exch 5.5 to Exch 2003
Hello all. I had a lot of fun with our old Exchange server lately as I have the function of an admin here in our small company, but to be true: I am none. Making a lot of errors, learning more. At last we convinced the boss to buy new software, even though it was not in our "investment plan". New software yes, but not new hardware. Ok, here my problems are starting... This is current: PDC with Win NT 4.0 (2 GB first harddisk partition - WHY?) BDC with Win NT 4.0 (same 2GB partition thing, is there a special reason for it? This prevents me from "simple updating" the comp...

illegal operation #5
when i attempt to open outlook a box opens saying there was an illegal operation "outlook caused an invalid page fault in module OUTLLIB.DLL at 017f: 3a61f688" what does that mean and what can I do? ...

Old user keeps receiving mail in Exch 2003
I have a old user (she has been deleted) that keeps receiving a large amount of SPAM. I have the Exchange server automatically move this undeliverable mail to a folder on the server called BadMail, and once a week I go and manually delete all the files in that directory. The question are: 1. Can exchange be set up to reject the mail to this old user (not except it for local delivery to the domain) 2. If not 1, then can I set exchange up to automatically dump the inbound undeliverables Thanks in advance what version of Exchange? if it's 2000 or 2003, you can configure your serv...

Why is the "ADD" button always greyed out in Custom File Propertie
Can't create any custom file properties....add button is always greyed out. Why? BobW wrote: > Can't create any custom file properties....add button is always > greyed out. Why? You have to type in a name for the property *and* a value. Only then does the Add button become enabled. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...

Exchange 5.5 #15
We have just recovered our priv.edb database using eseutil /p. we have lost data as expected, however we also have e-mails from 28/01/04 and we can't read or delete them. Is there any way we can get rid of these e-mails? Your input would be greatly appreciated, as we have around 100 employees and they all have these undeletable emails. Thanks in advance, Graham Walker lukebrennan <lukebrennan@iinet.net.au> wrote: >Graham Walker wrote: >> We have just recovered our priv.edb database using >> eseutil /p. we have lost data as expected, however we also >> ha...

Need Excel equivalent of Lotus CTRL-SHIFT-PG UP/DWN #5
Ohhhh let me try that...thanks -- vpr8 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vpr80's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1578 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27340 ...

How do I get administor's permission when I am administrator
Trying to save word file to cd drive but get message " You do not have acess to the folder"F:" See your administrator for acess to this folder. Yet, I am the administrator. Can anyone give a fix for this? Thanks On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 09:55:01 -0800, Preacher <Preacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Trying to save word file to cd drive but get message " You do not have acess >to the folder"F:" See your administrator for acess to this folder. Yet, I am >the administrator. Can anyone give a fix for this? >Thanks The message is mi...

Pop3 Problem #5
Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP2 Outlook 2003 SP1 When Outlook trys to Send\Receive it hangs up when checking my pop3 accounts. No error messages. Then the computer slows down until it freezes up and can only be rebooted by disconnection the power source. Any ideas Thanks Don After reading some of the other posts I found a suggestion to unload any add-ins. I unclicked the fax add-in and it cleared up the problem. Thanks "Don Pistulka" <NotAnAddress@myplace.com> wrote in message news:%239Zb5kQKFHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Windows XP Home Edition Vers...

Repost
Sorry for the repost but my CIO wants me to move forward on this project TODAY (Tue, May 4th). Any feedback before I make a move would be helpful. **************************** We are running (1) one Exchange 5.5 server w/sp 4 in our company and it is running on a Windows NT 4.0 server w/sp 6a. We are running (2) two Windows 2003 Servers and Active Directory (AD), DNS, DHCP and WINS. We would like to migrate to Exchange 2003 running on a NEW Windows 2003 Server box. Here are the steps I was thinking about doing for the migration. Can someone take a look at them and see if I am on the ri...

Exch 2003: Alternate Server recovery question
Sorry my last post was really long. What is the alternate server recovery scenario useful for (that is when is it necessary to recover exchange to an alternate server that is on a separate AD forest, with a separate DC and DNS server)? I thought that was a thing of the past...exch 5.5. if you want to see what i mean click http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/events/exchange2003/tnt1-101.mspx and click the "Alternate Server Recovery" link. thank you TM Ayala Well, Recovery Storage Groups don't work for every situation. For example, if the original Exchange server...

Multi file filter and add question
We have eight excel files each containing 12 sheets with 33 names on each sheet (296 names per file) The same names feature in each of the files. We record daily/weekly payments against each name and we are trying to pull the total that each person has paid, from the eight files, as we need to transfer this figure into one new system. We are planning to manually total all of the entries over the eight sheets but I wondered whether it would be possible to do this automatically. Can anyone tell me is it possible to do this and if so how? Thank you Try Pivot Table on each sheet and combin...

XP Home/Outlook (Exchange 5.5) login errors
Hi there--I hope someone can help me. I have a home user with XP home installed. This machine has been configured to access an Exchange 5.5 mailbox (using Outlook xp). When the user brings this machine into the office and connects (physically)to my network and attempts to login to his mailbox he gets an error message indicating the his login information is "incorrect". This user can dial in via RAS and is prompted for his user name and password without a problem. He can also access his mailbox via OWA. It's just when he connects physically to the network that he is getting t...

Date Formula #5
I need help with a formula that goes form cell to cell returning the next month's date... For example, in cell A10, I have current date "3/12/05" ... in cell A11, I'd like to input a formula that will return "4/12/05" and so forth... What formula can I use? ... TIA!!! LavaDude =A10+1 -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Davey Boy" <mikioiTAKEOUT@gte.net> wrote in message news:Xns96179C63C835mikioigtenet@199.45.49.11... >I need help with a formula that goes form cell to cell returning the next > month's date......

cannot add user into Active Directory via c#.net
My System Have 2 Computer: Frist Computer act as A domain Controller that has a Active Directory,RADIUS Server,DHCP and DNS Second Computer act as A Web Server(join domain with a first computer already) and use Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 I create a website on a second computer to add user in active directory. I have 3 file: 1.Default.aspx - Let user fill their privacy information 2.ViewRegisterdata.aspx - Let user confirm their information before it's added to active directory. In this file,there is a Viewregisterdata.aspx.cs which collect user information...

OWA 5.5 error message
Hello, I have an OWA 5.5 server running on windows 2000 server, mailbox server resides on a different server, exchange 5.5 on win2k. Exchange has multiple sites. My problem: when somebody tries to logon to webmail from a different domain (trusted) than the one with OWA they get :There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request and OWA logs event id: 100, source: w3svc with the message: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request. The data is the error code. Could somebody help, please? P.S. Users logon using domain\username for...

Cannot remove last 5.5 server
Hi All, I need some guidence in removing the last 5.5 server. We migrated to exchange 2003 with out any problems, we moved all the mailboxes and public folders to the new 2k3 server. I removed the ADC prior to reading the KB article that shows how to remove the last 5.5 box, which states that after I delete the 5.5 server I have to force replication of the config_CA in order for the deletion to replicate. My question is should I just install the ADC once again or can I remove the server without affecting Exch. 2k3 using ADSI Edit (KB 328668)? I need to remove this box but I am nervous...