exch 5.5 help

I am in a progress to upgrade Exchange 5.5 (on NT4) to Exhange 2k3 (on 2k3).
I setup a test machine and upgrade the OS to w2k3.
1st I want to connect the 5.5 to AD, so I should install ADC.

Can anyone tell me the steps?
Frorestprep, domainprep, setup adc, and upgrade to exchange 2k3?

0
tsk8680 (7)

If you run through the steps in the E2K3 deployment tools they will walk you
through everything.

--
Hope that helps.

-------------------------
Jaclynn Hiranaka
Enterprise Messaging Support

� 2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

"tsk" <tsk@nomail.com> wrote in message
> I am in a progress to upgrade Exchange 5.5 (on NT4) to Exhange 2k3 (on
2k3).
> I setup a test machine and upgrade the OS to w2k3.
> 1st I want to connect the 5.5 to AD, so I should install ADC.
>
> Can anyone tell me the steps?
> Frorestprep, domainprep, setup adc, and upgrade to exchange 2k3?

0
jaclynnh (94)
4/21/2004 6:55:24 PM
You may want to look at the following article for information:

822942.KB.EN-US
Considerations When You Upgrade to Exchange Server 2003

amyma@online.microsoft.com
Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

"tsk" <tsk@nomail.com> wrote in message
> I am in a progress to upgrade Exchange 5.5 (on NT4) to Exhange 2k3 (on
2k3).
> I setup a test machine and upgrade the OS to w2k3.
> 1st I want to connect the 5.5 to AD, so I should install ADC.
>
> Can anyone tell me the steps?
> Frorestprep, domainprep, setup adc, and upgrade to exchange 2k3?

0
amyma (68)

help with unusual request
Hello everyone, My boss has hit me with an odd request and I would like to ask for someone to point me in the right direction. What he wants is everytime anyone sends or recieves an email that a copy is made that he can get to anytime he wants. I talked to him about our daily backups, but he wants something that's realtime and that he can get to whenever he wants. I'm stuck and looking for ideas. We're currently on Exchange 5.5 with all of the latest service packs and patches. Any and all help is very much appreciated. You can enable "message journaling" fea...

Infection by Win32/Alureon.H ----Help
Hi, I have Microsoft Essentials and it seems to be having trouble with this virus...4 times now....it seems not to be allowing updates....getting error code 0x80072efe Also after scan when it finds Aleuron I get 'error encountered' when asking Microsoft essentials to remove it. It seems from History that it is either quarantining it or disinfecting it. But Not Removing it. Seems to keep returning though. Thanks for advice , Gogero. -- Gerard Can I install Microsoft Security Essentials [or any other anti-virus/anti-spyware application] to clean up my already-infect...

NEWBIE to ACCESS help with forms
Hi, I am looking to have a form, With 1 combo boxes (telephone), and the rest text boxes. I want to be able to select a telephone number and have the other 2 boxes shows the associated firstname and last name so for example.. I have a table with 3 fields telephone first name last name Additionally IF POSSIBLE would want to be able to choose a last name, and it show the telephone and first name associated Access 2003 Thanks in advance When you create a combo box using the wizard, it gives you two options: Save the combo box selection to a field or Look up a record using the combo ...

OWA Question (Exch 2003)
Exchange 2003. If I go to http://owa/exchange/mailbox and login as Administrator to a certain persons mailbox (Administrator in our domain has rights to all mailboxes) - can the user tell if their email has been logged into? Can I tell from Event viewer or other means? If you open and read messages, they will be marked as read when they view them in Outlook themselves. What is the overall goal? Maybe there is a better way. William Lefkovics, MCSE, A+, ExchangeMVP Hades wrote: > Exchange 2003. > > If I go to http://owa/exchange/mailbox and login as Administrator to a > ...

Syncing information between AD and Exchange 5.5
I am not sure if anyone can answer this we users on Exchange 5.5 as well as AD. I would would if anyone know of a third party program that will allow me to populate information on the Exchange 5.5 side onto the AD user side? For instance for the email portion of it I would like to populate users email and have it appear on the AD side. I know I might have to select the users which isn't a big deal but anything would be nice. TIA. On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:35:52 -0500, "WooYing" <wooying@nospaming.net> wrote: >I am not sure if anyone can answer this we users on Exchan...

Help With Cell Merging maybe....
I'm trying to make a sign-in sheet with a title on top and centered. I merged the cells on that line, and put the title. Then I put info in 6 different columns. I wanted to print the form, but when I clicked File, the Title disappeared. I tried it a few more times. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've merged cells before making CD inserts. It worked and printed fine. Can someone tell me what I might be doing wrong? I would appreciate any help I can get. Thamnk you! G@ry ...

Need Help, Task Start Date wrong
I’m using MS Project 2007, have several task linked with finish to start. I have set date to schedule from, hours per day set to 8 and Working Monday thru Friday. My schedule shows Task 1 Duration 4 days, start Wed 6/2/10, Finish Mon 6/7/10 Task 2 Duration 3 days, start Mon 6/7/10, Finish Thu 6/10/10 Task 2 should have a Start Date of 6/8/10 not 6/7/10; what is causing this? Thanks in advance for your help. Player, Turn on the display of time. Tools > Options, View tab and select a format that shows time as well as date. That may help figure out what is going on...

Trend Micro SMEX ver 6 and exch 2k
Hi. I am running exchange 2k enterprise on a win2k platform (patched and hotfixed to date) I am also running scanmail for exchange version 6 (SMEX) and the e-manager plug-in for Smex anti-spam. My issue is this, every day at approx 1:30pm clients outlook become unresponsive until the exchange server is rebooted. Stopping the Exchange or SMEX related services is not an option because the ScanMail_RealTimeScan service appears to interact with the store in such a way as to prevent either service from stopping gracefully. ie they just hang and the only work around is reboot server. Not good ;0( ...

Comments #5
I made a long comment in my excel spread sheet and I want to highlight the comment and copy and paste in a Word document. The comment is longer than one page so how can I highlight it so I can copy it? Richard How did you make this comment? Insert>Comment or? You should be able to right-click on the cell and Edit Comment. Highlight the text and copy. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 14:56:40 -0700, "Richard" <miller6708@cox.net> wrote: >I made a long comment in my excel spread sheet and I want to highlight the >comment and copy and paste in a ...

Does DDNS work with Exch 2003?
I had DDNS (no-ip.com) working with Exchange 2000 a while ago but now I'm trying it out on 2003 and cannot get it to work. Everything gets stuck in the queue and mail from the outside bounces back to the sender. I know I'm a rookie but it's the only way I can learn. I have a feeling my FQDN is not right as well as my MX records. Any help will be appreciated. BP As long as your Exchange 2003 server is able to receive messages, that shouldn't cause any problem (of course, supposing your DDNS is updated when necessary). What error message do you get ? "Brian Par...

help with system performance
recently had a problem with something called "antivir" popping up every 2 minutes while online.tried to close it and exit but just kept coming back.my wife as impatient as she is couldn't take it.she installed something called "stopzilla" to get rid of it,which it did stop popping up.then installed something called "pctools spyware doctor".ever since our pc has become a snail,if it even loads at all.i am computer illiterate and need help getting my pc back to proper fast working order. Remove spyware doctor, it's a resource hog. -- -...

Help with basic If Then Else formula
I am an experience computer user but probably only barely past basic when it comes to doing formulas and such in programs like excel. I am trying to create an IF THEN ELSE (I think) formula for a fantasy football worksheet. Here is the situation. There will be four winners, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place. And there will also be an added reward for completing the season with the most points. I have it look something like this. Playoff Finish Playoff Teams Most Points Winner P1 x (c1) 2nd P4 (...

Exch.2003, clients cannot open attachments
I have exchange 2003 and clients are complaining that they cannot open attachment. Any suggestion ? Thanks Do you have anti virus software scanning your mail when it goes out? Maybe the virus software is corrupting the file before it sent. Try stopping the service. Gary ...

Lookup Function Help
I need a little help constructing a lookup function. See the table below: http://pics.livejournal.com/lonewolf_csu/pic/0002c0bc I'm trying to get the TRUE/FALSE values in G based on whether or not the value of F is in the column with the header ($1) that matches the value in E. Obviously the example is hard data with no functions. Thanks in advance for the help. -- Dave Savitsky Dave: Rearrange your table with "Veggies-fruits-either" from 3 columns into a 2 columns list with item name and category, E.G.: Item_Name Category Apple Fruits Carrot ...

Help with sorting data
I have a spreadsheet with 26 columns of info that’s approx. 1000 rows long. I need to sort by column L and then Column I. When done sorting I will have multiple names (different every report) in column L and multiple medical conditions (different every time) in column I. The goal is to keep one row of each name matched with one entry of each medical condition (sorted for that name) and hide all the other rows. Daffy Duck may have 15 entries with a broken elbow and 13 entries with the flu. I only want one row of each condition associated with Daffy Duck to appear (it does...

formulae problems:HELP
hello there, i have jst started a new I.T job and need some help with excel,heres my problem, if cell A = 5014 then l - m. under a lot of pressure here can somone please help. -- stevenmorrison ------------------------------------------------------------------------ stevenmorrison's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26188 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=394944 We don't quite have enough information for a complete answer, but here' something to work with: Assuming your values begin in Cell A1, put this...

Migration Exch 5.5 to Exch 2003
Hello all. I had a lot of fun with our old Exchange server lately as I have the function of an admin here in our small company, but to be true: I am none. Making a lot of errors, learning more. At last we convinced the boss to buy new software, even though it was not in our "investment plan". New software yes, but not new hardware. Ok, here my problems are starting... This is current: PDC with Win NT 4.0 (2 GB first harddisk partition - WHY?) BDC with Win NT 4.0 (same 2GB partition thing, is there a special reason for it? This prevents me from "simple updating" the comp...

illegal operation #5
when i attempt to open outlook a box opens saying there was an illegal operation "outlook caused an invalid page fault in module OUTLLIB.DLL at 017f: 3a61f688" what does that mean and what can I do? ...

Old user keeps receiving mail in Exch 2003
I have a old user (she has been deleted) that keeps receiving a large amount of SPAM. I have the Exchange server automatically move this undeliverable mail to a folder on the server called BadMail, and once a week I go and manually delete all the files in that directory. The question are: 1. Can exchange be set up to reject the mail to this old user (not except it for local delivery to the domain) 2. If not 1, then can I set exchange up to automatically dump the inbound undeliverables Thanks in advance what version of Exchange? if it's 2000 or 2003, you can configure your serv...

Exchange 5.5 #15
We have just recovered our priv.edb database using eseutil /p. we have lost data as expected, however we also have e-mails from 28/01/04 and we can't read or delete them. Is there any way we can get rid of these e-mails? Your input would be greatly appreciated, as we have around 100 employees and they all have these undeletable emails. Thanks in advance, Graham Walker lukebrennan <lukebrennan@iinet.net.au> wrote: >Graham Walker wrote: >> We have just recovered our priv.edb database using >> eseutil /p. we have lost data as expected, however we also >> ha...

VBA Help #4
Hi, I have a list of clients with their associated outstanding dollar amount and their return (%). I would like to know if there is code that would allow me to break up these clients by return (%) groupings. For example, I would like to group below 10%, 10% to 17%, and above 17%. So at the client on the list that is just before 10% I would like to add two rows and put a dollar subtotal in the immediate row and sum the dollar amounts. Can anyone help? Thanks, Marino Public Sub ProcessData() Const TEST_COLUMN As String = "A" '<=== change to suit Dim i As Long Dim LastR...

IF, THEN HELP
I have the following in Col A: 18-35-DPL RR-9-19 In Col B, I want a formula that returns "Yes" if the cell in Col A contains DPL, and "No" if it does not. Can someone help me with this? Thanks! Try this: =IF(COUNTIF(A1,"*dpl*"),"Yes","No") Does that help? -------------------------- Regards, Ron (XL2003, Win XP) Microsoft MVP (Excel) "Betty Csehi" <betty_csehi@andersonsinc.com> wrote in message news:eWGNzEQBIHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have the following in Col A: > 18-35-DPL > RR-9-19 > > In Co...

Exch 2003: Alternate Server recovery question
Sorry my last post was really long. What is the alternate server recovery scenario useful for (that is when is it necessary to recover exchange to an alternate server that is on a separate AD forest, with a separate DC and DNS server)? I thought that was a thing of the past...exch 5.5. if you want to see what i mean click http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/events/exchange2003/tnt1-101.mspx and click the "Alternate Server Recovery" link. thank you TM Ayala Well, Recovery Storage Groups don't work for every situation. For example, if the original Exchange server...

Repost
Sorry for the repost but my CIO wants me to move forward on this project TODAY (Tue, May 4th). Any feedback before I make a move would be helpful. **************************** We are running (1) one Exchange 5.5 server w/sp 4 in our company and it is running on a Windows NT 4.0 server w/sp 6a. We are running (2) two Windows 2003 Servers and Active Directory (AD), DNS, DHCP and WINS. We would like to migrate to Exchange 2003 running on a NEW Windows 2003 Server box. Here are the steps I was thinking about doing for the migration. Can someone take a look at them and see if I am on the ri...

Pop3 Problem #5
Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP2 Outlook 2003 SP1 When Outlook trys to Send\Receive it hangs up when checking my pop3 accounts. No error messages. Then the computer slows down until it freezes up and can only be rebooted by disconnection the power source. Any ideas Thanks Don After reading some of the other posts I found a suggestion to unload any add-ins. I unclicked the fax add-in and it cleared up the problem. Thanks "Don Pistulka" <NotAnAddress@myplace.com> wrote in message news:%239Zb5kQKFHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Windows XP Home Edition Vers...