exch 5.5 help

I am in a progress to upgrade Exchange 5.5 (on NT4) to Exhange 2k3 (on 2k3).
I setup a test machine and upgrade the OS to w2k3.
1st I want to connect the 5.5 to AD, so I should install ADC.

Can anyone tell me the steps?
Frorestprep, domainprep, setup adc, and upgrade to exchange 2k3?

0
tsk8680 (7)

If you run through the steps in the E2K3 deployment tools they will walk you
through everything.

--
Hope that helps.

-------------------------
Jaclynn Hiranaka
Enterprise Messaging Support

� 2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

"tsk" <tsk@nomail.com> wrote in message
> I am in a progress to upgrade Exchange 5.5 (on NT4) to Exhange 2k3 (on
2k3).
> I setup a test machine and upgrade the OS to w2k3.
> 1st I want to connect the 5.5 to AD, so I should install ADC.
>
> Can anyone tell me the steps?
> Frorestprep, domainprep, setup adc, and upgrade to exchange 2k3?

0
jaclynnh (94)
4/21/2004 6:55:24 PM
You may want to look at the following article for information:

822942.KB.EN-US
Considerations When You Upgrade to Exchange Server 2003

amyma@online.microsoft.com
Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

"tsk" <tsk@nomail.com> wrote in message
> I am in a progress to upgrade Exchange 5.5 (on NT4) to Exhange 2k3 (on
2k3).
> I setup a test machine and upgrade the OS to w2k3.
> 1st I want to connect the 5.5 to AD, so I should install ADC.
>
> Can anyone tell me the steps?
> Frorestprep, domainprep, setup adc, and upgrade to exchange 2k3?

0
amyma (68)

Need help to correct phone # format
For some reason my Excel program has changed the format on Phone numbers. For example when I set a cell to use the phone number format it should take the numbers 1234567890 and show them in the cell as (123) 456-7890 but they don't. They now show in the cell as (1) 234-5678 can anybody tell me how to fix this. Also, I have noticed another change ie., I in a cell I enter 9. it will come out as 0.09 Any suggestions? -- Jecakias ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jecakias's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&useri...

Help with Sorting...
Hello - I need to have Excel sort the following example of cells: 10-10 Apple 3 10-11 Pale Apple 2 10-12 Pale Apple 1 10-3 Garden Hedge 10-4 Silver Birch 2 10-5 Silver Birch 1 10-6 Pale Birch 1-1 Milk Sugar 1-10 White Mint 1-11 Icicle 11-10 Apple 11-11 Pale Moss 2 11-12 Pale Moss 1 1-12 Morning Frost 11-4 Olive 3 11-5 Olive 2 11-6 Olive 1 1-2 Natural White etc... to something like this (small to large): 1-1 Milk Sugar 1-2 Natural White 1-10 White Mint 1-11 Icicle 1-12 Morning Frost 10-3 Garden Hedge 10-4 Silver Birch 2 10-5 Silver Birch 1 10-6 Pale Birch 10-10 Apple 3 10-11 Pale Apple 2 10-...

Formula Help! #3
Hi, I need to transform a date to week date , for example: 10/11/05 to Tuesday Is there any formula can do this transform? Thanks in advance -- Meme Hi! Try this: A1 = 10/11/2005 =TEXT(A1,"dddd") This returns a TEXT value = Tuesday OR, you could just format the cell, A1, as dddd. This retains it's numeric value but will display as Tuesday. Biff "Meme" <Meme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64B1FB51-4EC0-42DC-97B9-B788A9586811@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I need to transform a date to week date , for example: > 10/11/05 ...

Excel Function help needed please!
I have an Excel spreadsheet with several worksheets from which I need to compare values from several columns in sheet one to a single column in sheet two, and return the value contained within one cell (a "title" at the top of the column)in sheet one to an adjacent cell to the original value cell within sheet two. Can anyone help me to figure this one out? Thanks! Hi try the following: Assumptions: - sheet one has a heading row (row 1) and consists of columns A:F - sheet two has its data stored in column A (starting in row 1) and you want to place the column heading of the matchin...

Anti Spam Software for Exchange 5.5?
Hi All! Can somebody recomend me a good Anti Spam Software that work with Exchange 5.5? I need this software to work with Exchange on same machine, and all that I found seeking in internet is not useful, because need a separatly machine for instalation. "Oleg" <admin@ex55.scorpion-shipping.com> wrote: >Hi All! > >Can somebody recomend me a good Anti Spam Software that >work with Exchange 5.5? I need this software to work with >Exchange on same machine, and all that I found seeking in >internet is not useful, because need a separatly machine >for ...

Outlook keeps asking for password
Hi, Server is SBS 2008 with SP2. Clients running Vista SP2. In the last couple of days (possibly after server updates were applied, but not sure) every time users open Outlook they get a dialog asking for a password. If the user enters their correct password the dialog just comes straight back again. On looking at the password request box, I notice it is quoting the external remote domain name "remote.accordconsultancy.co.uk" not the internal network name "accordserver.accordconsultancy.local". Can anyone explain what I need to do to stop this annoying ...

Formula Help... I'm really stuck here
I have this scenario: Product_ID Product_Price Starting_Week 154 10 1 6919 15 32 6919 16 34 154 12 33 6919 17 36 Given a ProductID and a Week I need to return the price for that Product_ID in that specific week or if the specific week doesn't exist I must return the price for the closest week. Per Examples: - If ProductID=6919 and Week= 33 I must get the price for the ProductID=6919 Week=32 (15) - If ...

Problem with Report Manager on SQL2005, please help!!!
I have a problem with Report Manager and don't know how to fix it. The situation is next: I have CRM 3.0 and SQL2005 installed on the same server. By the way this is the first experience with SQL2005. Everything installed fine, but i cant work with report manager as i did on SQL2000 by going to this page http://server/reports. I can see and open reports in CRM, i can open report server but when I try to open this link i get this error: The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request. This is very critical to me and a company, please assist! Many thanks in advance! --------------...

[Publisher Help] Need Templates for Job Ad Posters!
I'm trying to create posters for branding a job opening (I work for the recruitment marketing division) to be put up in the top institutes of the nation (we're hiring IT freshers). I have just Office 07, and want to make it happen with Publisher. Was looking for templates to download or create. Please Help! There are all sorts of posters you can get ideas from on the Office web site. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=poster&av=TPL000 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Niranj...

Need help in blocking a certain email from a certain domain.
I'm trying to block a certain email from a certain domain and I've made some entries to block such account in three different locations on the Message Delivery System: Sender Filtering, Recepient Filtering, & Connection Filtering. But it does not seem to work. Can someone help me on this? Are the messages coming from a particular smtp address or domain? Insert the smtp address or domain in Sender Filtering, enable Sender Filtering on SMTP virtual server. Recipient Filtering is used to block messages to particular internal recipients - not relevant in this scenario unl...

Exchange 5.5 Administrator for XP
I need to install the Exchange Administrator (for 5.5) onto a Windows XP Pro machine. We are installing a Blackberry Enterprise Server. The Backoffice Server 4.5 disks we have will not run on an XP machine. Where can I get the Exchange 5.5 Administrator for XP? ...

Help
I'll bet this is really obvious and simple, but here goes: For months now I have been trying to track down why viewing all transactions in the register show a correct balance, and when viewing only unreconciled transactions the amount is always off by (68.89). This has spanned several months of balancing and is consistently the same amount. It's like there are invisible transactions that do not get calculated when switching from reconciled to unreconciled views. No, there is no single transaction that totals 68.89. I am using MM2002, if that helps. Thanks, -Ajay PGP key ID = 0x...

help with bar graph
Someone has created a bar graph that charts 4 figures per year. Therefore, there are 4 bars for each year as displayed across the X-axis. Is there a way to make 3 of the bars stack on top of each other while leaving the 4th bar alone (this behavior would be repeated for each year)? By stacking I mean after 1 bar is displayed, the next bar will begin at the top of the previous. Thus there would be 2 bars per year but one of the bars would be the combination of 3. Instructions would be helpful. Outlook 2007 is what we are using. Thank you. Hi, There are links to examples here http:...

Remove Underscore from SMTP gretting Exchange 5.5
Hello, Is it possible to change the greeting name in Exchange 5.5? We have a client that has an exchange server named with an underscore. Our smtp server will not talk to it, stating that its HELO is syntactically invalid. The clients do not have an IT guy. I recall being able to change the Exchange version Banner in the SMTP greeting, but I am not sure about changing the name. Any help is appreciated. Bobby The server name in the banner can't be modified. An alternative is to setup a relay host, forward mail to a SMTP Relay Host and then to your server. If they have a Windows 2000 ser...

help create a formula using the IF command with AND
I need to create a formula for below: IF A2 is greater than A1 AND A4>A3 then A4 should be multiplied by .04, if not then A4 should be multiplied by .03. Can someone turn that into a formula for me? I'm sorry I should clarify the "if not", if A2 is not greater than A1. =if(and(a2>a1,a4>a3),a4*.04,a4*.03) or =a4*(if(and(a2>a1,a4>a3),.04,.03)) or =a4*(.03+.01*(and(a2>a1,a4>a3))) They'll all evaluate the same, so you can use the one that is easiest to understand. joe54345@gmail.com wrote: > > I need to create a formula for below: > >...

HELP
Does anyone have any recommendations on how to avoid this happening? I am very new to Mac, so use small words... Thanks for any guidance. -Mark On 2010-03-05 04:37:09 +0000, Mark C. Rossi said: > Does anyone have any recommendations on how to avoid this happening? I am > very new to Mac, so use small words... > Thanks for any guidance. > -Mark Unfortunately, SyncServices is almost totally borked in Entourage. Things can be improved by allowing a one way sync only - from Entourage to Address book, but even that is fraught with problems. Let's hope th...

Help!!
I'm using Excel 2003 and I need to create a nested formula to determin and age in the INT function. Thanks : -- imsomethingels ----------------------------------------------------------------------- imsomethingelse's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1575 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27268 Sounds like a homework question to me. Do your own. imsomethingelse wrote: > I'm using Excel 2003 and I need to create a nested formula to determine > and age in the INT function. Thanks :) > > H...

Help with Pop-up Calendar on form
I am following the Access tips from the following wedsite link and trying to figure this out without bothering anyone but I am stumped. http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut09.htm I have entered the below text into the Date field combo box's Mouse Down event procedure and substitued the cboStartDate and ocxCalendar names with the names i have called them in an existing database, but I can't get it to work. Private Sub Date_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single) ocxCalendar.Visible = True ocxCalendar.SetFocus If Not IsNull(cboStartDate) Then ...

Need help bringing back an ID on the most recent record
I have a table with Student ID EventID EventDate (for example) 573 2670 7/1/2007 573 2716 7/1/2006 I'd like to return the EventID of the last EventDate for each Student. I've tried many variations of Max and Last, but because I want to bring back the EventID, I keep doing a GROUPBY on EventID and then I get multiple rows instead of just the most recent row. In the example above, I'd want to return 573, 2670 (so that I can join event 2670 to the event table to find out more ab...

Outlook 2003 Outbox #5
I compose and immediately send Outlook 2003 email messages. Every newly sent message also redundantly goes into the Outbox, forcing me to periodically go there and delete those messages. How can I compose and send emails without a copy going into Outbox? "gatordawg" <james.butts@oracle.com> wrote in message news:1171819936.194411.7800@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... >I compose and immediately send Outlook 2003 email messages. Every > newly sent message also redundantly goes into the Outbox, forcing me > to periodically go there and delete those messages. How can I c...

help with hyperlinks
I am creating multiple worksheets and often must cut and paste, though I find that often hyperlinks will be in cells that have never been used before. They do not even appear as text, but when you scroll over them the cursor changes. why does this happen? is it from cutting and pasting? As well, my hyperlinks are all down the same column yet often do not correspond to what they orginally were supposed to be, but rather link to the site of the company 2 rows down. anyone have any ideas? thanks ...

Offline address book #5
Hi We are still using Outlook 97 on our Laptops at work. I would like to place a copy of our "Global Address List (Offline)" which is located somewhere on my works laptop, onto my own PC at home to save typing in several hundred email addresses. Can anyone help with what I need to look for and how I can do it? -- Kind Regards Mick Mick <micksoutham@msn.com> wrote: > We are still using Outlook 97 on our Laptops at work. I would like > to place a copy of our "Global Address List (Offline)" which is > located somewhere on my works laptop, onto my...

Journal Help requested
Hello.. I am using OL 2000 (IMO)and have configured my journal to log certain CONTACTS emails received and sent from my contact list. Somehow only certain contacts get listed as received and none are logged as sent. I have placed a check next to the names I want logged.. but they are not showing up in journal.. This is for emails only - not Word or Exel. How do I get emails to be logged for those I've chose to record?? help Please.. Dave this is a repost.. "D. Ittner" <da2693@verizon.net> wrote in message news:KHBPb.4$VG3.0@nwrddc01.gnilink.net... > > Hello...

Help Assembling Serial Number
I have been asked to create a tool to automate the process of creating a serial number. Example: 2007-H2C01 (This would be the first U type built in March 2007). The number is created from the following: Year: Current Year Product Type: U: = 2 H: = 3 Month Code: JAN = A FEB = B MAR = C APR = D MAY = E JUN = F JUL = G AUG = H SEP = J OCT = K NOV = L DEC = M Sequence Number: Sequence number starting at 01 for the first one built in the month and starting over each month. So can anyone offer a suggestion on how I might do this? Matt -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Messag...

Updating to .NET Framework 3.5 sp1...HELP!!!
I've been trying to get this update installed for MONTHS, but 'no joy'! The 'boot-strapped' version (52MB at the time) is what I'd prefer, since the 'full package' is a bit over 300MB, and even the 52MB fails to install before shutting down and re-starting (every 5 minutes). The "dial-up" connection doesn't help in the LEAST, obviously, so I'm wondering if there's another method/"location" to get it done. HELP!...I'm about to pull what remaining hair I've GOT out by the roots! =?Utf-8?B?TTQyYXA=?= <M42ap@...