Exch 5.5 - can you block outbound msgs to one email address??

I have set up the IMC's Message Filtering to disable a previous
employee from sending mail from his home email address in to our
server.  I am now being asked to block internal users with accounts on
our server from sending out to this users home email address.  Is
there a way to block outbound email to one email address?  We are
running Sybari Antigen on our server but I can't see of a way to do
this with that application either.

Letterhead email
Working with Office 2003. I have some logo artwork that I would like to have at the top of my business emails. Additionally, I would want to scan my signature and have that appear in the closing. Ideally, the overall size of the signature should be controllable to match the size of the type. Not sure yet whether I want these features "on" all of the time or when needed. Much thanks for any guidance Maurice wrote: > Working with Office 2003. I have some logo artwork that I would like to have > at the top of my business emails. Additionally, I would want ...

OWA Question (Exch 2003)
Exchange 2003. If I go to http://owa/exchange/mailbox and login as Administrator to a certain persons mailbox (Administrator in our domain has rights to all mailboxes) - can the user tell if their email has been logged into? Can I tell from Event viewer or other means? If you open and read messages, they will be marked as read when they view them in Outlook themselves. What is the overall goal? Maybe there is a better way. William Lefkovics, MCSE, A+, ExchangeMVP Hades wrote: > Exchange 2003. > > If I go to http://owa/exchange/mailbox and login as Administrator to a > ...

Best way to disable email
What's the best (safest, easiest) way of disabling Outlook so that it won't retrieve email? I am in the process of moving to new computers. In moving Outlook over, I sometimes need to have it running on both machines, but I don't want the old one retrieving email once I get the PST moved over to the new one. I don't want to delete the email accounts until I am sure that I have all of the settings right and working on the new computers. -- Using Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000 you could set it to 'Work Offline' -- Laura Rooke MVP - Mobile Devices LurfysMa <inva...

Syncing information between AD and Exchange 5.5
I am not sure if anyone can answer this we users on Exchange 5.5 as well as AD. I would would if anyone know of a third party program that will allow me to populate information on the Exchange 5.5 side onto the AD user side? For instance for the email portion of it I would like to populate users email and have it appear on the AD side. I know I might have to select the users which isn't a big deal but anything would be nice. TIA. On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:35:52 -0500, "WooYing" <wooying@nospaming.net> wrote: >I am not sure if anyone can answer this we users on Exchan...

Trend Micro SMEX ver 6 and exch 2k
Hi. I am running exchange 2k enterprise on a win2k platform (patched and hotfixed to date) I am also running scanmail for exchange version 6 (SMEX) and the e-manager plug-in for Smex anti-spam. My issue is this, every day at approx 1:30pm clients outlook become unresponsive until the exchange server is rebooted. Stopping the Exchange or SMEX related services is not an option because the ScanMail_RealTimeScan service appears to interact with the store in such a way as to prevent either service from stopping gracefully. ie they just hang and the only work around is reboot server. Not good ;0( ...

Report printing on two pages versus one page
We are on GP 9.0. I have several users that have to swap between 2 printers frequently. When they use the Ricoh printer (a GP non-supported printer), the Job Status/Closing Report prints on 1 page to that printer. However, when they use the HP LaserJet 4300 (a GP compatible printer with the correct GP compatible drivers), the exact same report (same job number/same report) prints on 2 pages. I've tested it on myself and have noticed that even when I display the report the screen (not even printing it), it has this problem. If I have the Ricoh selected under File - Print Setup, t...

The workflow email content is blocked
hi, I have a problem with sending email from workflow when i add the filed on the email message and save ( ex case number , title , subject) we get the following message The email below might contain script or content that potentially harmfull and has been blocked and when message is sent all data in the email message come like this: {Title(Case)} {Customer(Case)} {Subject(Case)} {Contract(Case)} contract i have already installed the rollup update 1 can somebody help please I'm having the same problem. A couple people mantioed it might be because I set it up using IE8 "...

Printing name at top of email
Please help. In my office we typicaly have several e-mail addresses coming into our Microsoft Outlook. When we print out e-mails, it has our name at top in bold print. We would like to find a setting to elimanate the name at top, but not the to and from addresses. Any help would be appreciated. Tara "Tara" <tjftx@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a79201c3eb6c$f4988f20$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Please help. > In my office we typicaly have several e-mail addresses > coming into our Microsoft Outlook. When we print out > e-mails, it has our name at top in bold print. We w...

retrieving email to groups
hey guys, hypothetical question. exhange newbie. if i creat a distribution group to accept email from a general address (say it@domain.com) and add no one to the group, where does the email go? i cant find an inbox for any groups, so im wondering if the email is rejected or just stored somehwere im not looking? the guy <shirtrippa@hotmail.com> wrote: > hey guys, hypothetical question. exhange newbie. > > if i creat a distribution group to accept email from a general > address (say it@domain.com) and add no one to the group, where does > the email go? i cant fin...

Comments #5
I made a long comment in my excel spread sheet and I want to highlight the comment and copy and paste in a Word document. The comment is longer than one page so how can I highlight it so I can copy it? Richard How did you make this comment? Insert>Comment or? You should be able to right-click on the cell and Edit Comment. Highlight the text and copy. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 14:56:40 -0700, "Richard" <miller6708@cox.net> wrote: >I made a long comment in my excel spread sheet and I want to highlight the >comment and copy and paste in a ...

Does DDNS work with Exch 2003?
I had DDNS (no-ip.com) working with Exchange 2000 a while ago but now I'm trying it out on 2003 and cannot get it to work. Everything gets stuck in the queue and mail from the outside bounces back to the sender. I know I'm a rookie but it's the only way I can learn. I have a feeling my FQDN is not right as well as my MX records. Any help will be appreciated. BP As long as your Exchange 2003 server is able to receive messages, that shouldn't cause any problem (of course, supposing your DDNS is updated when necessary). What error message do you get ? "Brian Par...

Pressing "new email" causes "program addressing address book" warning
I am using Outlook XP on Windows 2000. My system is virus free. If I want to write a new email, I press the "new email" button in Outlook, and I get that warning message "A program is trying to access your address book - do you wish to continue, Yes/No". I have to tick the ""allow for one minute", then "Yes" before I can write an email. Can anybody please tell me how to fix this annoyance. Ric <spam@off.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook XP on Windows 2000. My system is virus free. > > If I want to write a new email, I press the &...

Exch.2003, clients cannot open attachments
I have exchange 2003 and clients are complaining that they cannot open attachment. Any suggestion ? Thanks Do you have anti virus software scanning your mail when it goes out? Maybe the virus software is corrupting the file before it sent. Try stopping the service. Gary ...

cannot send pictures to email contacts
need help cannot send pictures to my kids out from my pictures album Wanna tell us what happens when you try to send pix? Lloyd wrote: > need help cannot send pictures to my kids out from my pictures album ...

Email sits in Outbox in Outlook 2007 on Vista
I have a user who has Outlook 2007 installed on a Vista Laptop. The emails on it are using Exchange 2003. The user has a setting, so that the email will only be send, if he presses the Send/Receive button. Till then they stay in the Outbox, which is fine. The problem he has is when he finishes the email and presses send/ receive from the Outbox, the email doesn't go and stays there forever. But if he presses the send/receive button from the Inbox without going to the Outbox folder, the email goes fine. If he has checked the email in the Outbox list, the 1st one would never get send and it...

Migration Exch 5.5 to Exch 2003
Hello all. I had a lot of fun with our old Exchange server lately as I have the function of an admin here in our small company, but to be true: I am none. Making a lot of errors, learning more. At last we convinced the boss to buy new software, even though it was not in our "investment plan". New software yes, but not new hardware. Ok, here my problems are starting... This is current: PDC with Win NT 4.0 (2 GB first harddisk partition - WHY?) BDC with Win NT 4.0 (same 2GB partition thing, is there a special reason for it? This prevents me from "simple updating" the comp...

Easy way to resend failed campaign activity emails?
I have a marketing list containing 1000 people, create a marketing activity to send emails to these people, and distribute. 100 of these people may have inadvertantly got the "Do Not Allow Emails" to be ticked, or have an email address missing. Is there an easy way, after fixing this, to resend these emails to these people? i.e. from the "failed activities" sub-grid. Any help would be much appreciated. Ian. ...

Combing months in ONE Cell
Hello! I am trying to put the current month and 1 month forward in one cell. I have January 3, 2006 in cell J1, and I want to reference that cell by taking out the current month and the next month. Thus, I want the final product in the new cell to be: Jan-Feb. Here is the equation I have so far: =DATE(YEAR(J1),MONTH(J1),DAY($J$1))&"-"&DATE(YEAR($J$1),MONTH($J$1)+1,DAY($J$1)) I keep getting this number for my answer: 38720-38751 Can someone please show me the correct equation. Thank you so much for you help!!! :) -- Hansel -----------------------------------------------...

How do i email publisher document as seen in print preview
I have created an invitation on publisher that i now want to email to people as it looks in print preview - so that it is a complete document and not editable. Would really appreciate any tips or ideas!! Trish and Simon <Trish and Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have created an invitation on publisher that i now want to email to > people as it looks in print preview - so that it is a complete > document and not editable. Create a PDF. www.primopdf.com has a free converter. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org/ ...

Emails stuck ....
Hi, I just found out I have so many items in the Microsoft Exchange Administrator -> Connections -> IMS -> Queues -> Outbound messages awaiting conversion I know those emails have already delivered but somehow it's not deleted after delivery ... is it something wrong with my exchange ? how can I make it automatically deleted after successfully sent ? I am on version 5.5 Thanks Steven Check if those emails are going out to multiple recipients in different domains. Exchange keeps the messages there until every recipient gets the message. Second, check your SMTP logs to ...

Recieving email problems SBS 2k3 with E2k3
I am new E2k3 and i am experiencing difficulties with email setup. I have posted several questions which have not really been answered fully. first of all i use sbs 2k3 with e2k3, i have an ISP for my email and connect using the pop3 manager and smtp connector. my first problem was that i could not send an email to the same domain, i resolved this by uncliking the exchanges authoritative control of the primary smtp. But, this caused exchange to only allow users only to send email but not recieve email. Has anyone seen this problem before? On analysis the exchange server doesn't ...

illegal operation #5
when i attempt to open outlook a box opens saying there was an illegal operation "outlook caused an invalid page fault in module OUTLLIB.DLL at 017f: 3a61f688" what does that mean and what can I do? ...

Old user keeps receiving mail in Exch 2003
I have a old user (she has been deleted) that keeps receiving a large amount of SPAM. I have the Exchange server automatically move this undeliverable mail to a folder on the server called BadMail, and once a week I go and manually delete all the files in that directory. The question are: 1. Can exchange be set up to reject the mail to this old user (not except it for local delivery to the domain) 2. If not 1, then can I set exchange up to automatically dump the inbound undeliverables Thanks in advance what version of Exchange? if it's 2000 or 2003, you can configure your serv...

Exchange 5.5 #15
We have just recovered our priv.edb database using eseutil /p. we have lost data as expected, however we also have e-mails from 28/01/04 and we can't read or delete them. Is there any way we can get rid of these e-mails? Your input would be greatly appreciated, as we have around 100 employees and they all have these undeletable emails. Thanks in advance, Graham Walker lukebrennan <lukebrennan@iinet.net.au> wrote: >Graham Walker wrote: >> We have just recovered our priv.edb database using >> eseutil /p. we have lost data as expected, however we also >> ha...

Archived email disappears
In Outlook 2000 (XP SP2) when I manually archive the emails are removed from Inbox but when I go to the designated archive.pst folder to view or retrieve them there is no email there at all. They appear to be completely deleted but are not even in my deleted folder either. Please help. -- Frank in Cincinnati I am having this same problem with Outlook 2003. It only auto-archives about half of my messages. I have searched my system for other .pst files and found none. Did these files get deleted for some reason when I auto-archived? Is there any way to get them back? "Frank in ...