Exch 2003 store.exe terminates when ESM Replication Status selected

Exch 2003 SP1 on W2K SP4 - had been 5.5 until moving to Exch 2K swing
server.  5.5 removed and Exch 2003 SP1 installed, seemingly OK.

Weird problem - if I click on ESM->Administrative groups-> group
->Servers-> server->First Storage Group->Public Folder Store(server) and
then click on Replication Status, after a delay I recieve a popup
saying, "An error occurred while retrieving the requested information.
The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is not running or the
Microsoft Exchange Server computer is unavailable.
ID no: c103047d
Exchange System Manager"

The Information Store service has indeed terminated, and the Application
  Event Log has received an Event ID 1000 saying,."Faulting application
store.exe, version 6.5.7226.3, stamp 407db771, faulting module
store.exe, version 6.5.7226.3, stamp 407db771, debug? 0, fault address
0x0000aa0e. "

The first time it happened I looked at the DrWatson output, and there
were lots of WaitForSingleEvent and WaitForMultipleEvents listed.

The Exch 2000 SP3 and post-SP3 rollup 836488 does the same thing.

What would I look at next to figure out why it happens?

0
norton1 (1)

Bill, if the Store.exe is generating a Watson dump, you should consult with
PSS to get the dump debugged by experts.  Sounds interesting...

Michael Palermiti
Exchange Supportability

"Bill Norton" <norton@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Exch 2003 SP1 on W2K SP4 - had been 5.5 until moving to Exch 2K swing
> server.  5.5 removed and Exch 2003 SP1 installed, seemingly OK.
>
> Weird problem - if I click on ESM->Administrative groups-> group
> ->Servers-> server->First Storage Group->Public Folder Store(server) and
> then click on Replication Status, after a delay I recieve a popup
> saying, "An error occurred while retrieving the requested information.
> The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is not running or the
> Microsoft Exchange Server computer is unavailable.
> ID no: c103047d
> Exchange System Manager"
>
> The Information Store service has indeed terminated, and the Application
>   Event Log has received an Event ID 1000 saying,."Faulting application
> store.exe, version 6.5.7226.3, stamp 407db771, faulting module
> store.exe, version 6.5.7226.3, stamp 407db771, debug? 0, fault address
> 0x0000aa0e. "
>
> The first time it happened I looked at the DrWatson output, and there
> were lots of WaitForSingleEvent and WaitForMultipleEvents listed.
>
> The Exch 2000 SP3 and post-SP3 rollup 836488 does the same thing.
>
> What would I look at next to figure out why it happens?

0
michaelp1 (8)

OWA Question (Exch 2003)
Exchange 2003. If I go to http://owa/exchange/mailbox and login as Administrator to a certain persons mailbox (Administrator in our domain has rights to all mailboxes) - can the user tell if their email has been logged into? Can I tell from Event viewer or other means? If you open and read messages, they will be marked as read when they view them in Outlook themselves. What is the overall goal? Maybe there is a better way. William Lefkovics, MCSE, A+, ExchangeMVP Hades wrote: > Exchange 2003. > > If I go to http://owa/exchange/mailbox and login as Administrator to a > ...

How to display Total Item Quantity on receipt and Status bar
I would like to print a total Quantity of items purchased on receipt and the status bar. I found a way of displaying them but the problem is that we use tag along items for alcohol tax . This tax differs based on alcohol content and size, example a 6 pk of beer has $0.20 tax plus sales tax, a 750 Ml a bottle of wine has $0.116 tax . If i ring up a 6pk or beer this would show up as 2 lines(line one name and price for beer , line two alcohol tax tag along item) on POS screen and the Total items and total QTY count shows as 2 when in reality only 1 item was sold. This gets even more conf...

Excel 2003 giving annoying "Send/Don't Send" error when closing
I am accessing an instance of Excel 2003 through a Codegear C++ program I'm writing. The code looks something like this (not that it really matters all that much): TExcelApplication* ea = new TExcelApplication(this); ea->Connect(); ExcelWorkbookPtr ewbPtr = ea->get_ActiveWorkbook(); // do stuff... ewbPtr.Release(); delete ea; ea = 0; I can connect to Excel and write to it just fine. However, when I try to disconnect from it and close/delete the Excel application instance, I get an annoying Excel error message that says, "Excel has encountered a problem and...

Trend Micro SMEX ver 6 and exch 2k
Hi. I am running exchange 2k enterprise on a win2k platform (patched and hotfixed to date) I am also running scanmail for exchange version 6 (SMEX) and the e-manager plug-in for Smex anti-spam. My issue is this, every day at approx 1:30pm clients outlook become unresponsive until the exchange server is rebooted. Stopping the Exchange or SMEX related services is not an option because the ScanMail_RealTimeScan service appears to interact with the store in such a way as to prevent either service from stopping gracefully. ie they just hang and the only work around is reboot server. Not good ;0( ...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Hi Guys: I have a spreadsheet where I am pulling Account data from several sources. One thing that I am looking for is to see if a given account has been on the same strategy for the duration of the period under test. Visually I would determine this by scanning a row of data to see that the strategy code (Alpha Code) was consistent throughout the period. Is there a quick way of looking at a range of cells and determining if they are all the same? The period could be several hundred cells long. Craig You can use a formula like: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10<>"")/COUNTIF(A1:A10,A1:A...

Publisher 2003 #10
Can anyone tell me if Publisher 2003 has Thumbnail in it's Tool Menu! Like Front Page has! No, it does not. "Sam Kellogg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEB8498F-D84B-4C6B-A2AE-C41D7B478396@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me if Publisher 2003 has Thumbnail in it's Tool Menu! Like Front Page has! Let me add to that. You CAN create a thumbnail but it's not an autothumbnail feature. This is from the Help file. I'm going to assume you do not have Pub 2003 otherwise you've have done your own research, right? 1.. On your ...

Selection on a non-active sheet?
Let's say on Sheet1 the range A1:B2 is selected, and on Sheet2 that C3:D4 is selected. When a user switches between sheets, Excel displays the selected (and active) cells correctly, so somehow it keeps track of what cells are selected on every sheet, even though only one at a time is active. However the Selection object only applies to the active sheet and window, so if Sheet1 were active, how would I find out what cells are selected on Sheet2 without activating it? I'd like to write "Sheet2.Seletion" or "Sheet2.RangeSelection", but neither is legal...

Best Way to Update the Clock on my Status Bar ?
Hi guys, I added a nice clock to my status bar, right now I'm updating it with ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI which is pretty lame. What's the best way to do it ? I'm using VC++ 6.0 (SP5) Take care, Robert You can use a timer to update every so often. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Robert A." <satan@invalid.org> wrote in message news:#Li4HvWFFHA.1932@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi guys, > > I added a nice clock to my status bar, right now I'm updating it with > ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI which is pretty lame. What's the best way to do it...

2007 to 2003 Formating issues
We are creating files in 2007, but have to save in 2003 because not all users have 2007. As a result, we are losing formating. It will wipe out colors, wrap text, make pivot tables just data etc. When we open 2003 we get the message "Too many different cell formats" any suggestions? Install the compatibility Pack on the 2003 PCs and stick with 2007 format Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 file formats http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/HA101686761033.aspx Wayne wrote: > We are creating files in 2007, but ha...

Does DDNS work with Exch 2003?
I had DDNS (no-ip.com) working with Exchange 2000 a while ago but now I'm trying it out on 2003 and cannot get it to work. Everything gets stuck in the queue and mail from the outside bounces back to the sender. I know I'm a rookie but it's the only way I can learn. I have a feeling my FQDN is not right as well as my MX records. Any help will be appreciated. BP As long as your Exchange 2003 server is able to receive messages, that shouldn't cause any problem (of course, supposing your DDNS is updated when necessary). What error message do you get ? "Brian Par...

how to start outlook 2003?
when i click on outlook its general tap appears with the message "outlook is unable to open this file" Have you tried a new profile from Control Panel->Mail Icon? Did Outlook ever work? If yes, what did you change just before it stopped working? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, ak20 asked: | when i click on outlook its general tap appears with the message | "outlook is unable to o...

Exch.2003, clients cannot open attachments
I have exchange 2003 and clients are complaining that they cannot open attachment. Any suggestion ? Thanks Do you have anti virus software scanning your mail when it goes out? Maybe the virus software is corrupting the file before it sent. Try stopping the service. Gary ...

Empty Stored Proc takes 8ms to complete?
Hi, We have a custom DLL written in C++ which calls an empty Stored Proc (through a thread) via the ADO library and have found that it is taking 8ms to complete! When measuring the execution time from within the thread we found that starting the call to the Stored Proc took approx 5ms, and then the "empty" Stored Proc took 3ms to execute on the SQL Server (2008 Enterprise), giving us a total of 8ms and no data has been transferred yet. So i am describing two problems: 1) Starting the Stored Proc via ADO from within the DLL takes too long (5ms). 2) An "empty" St...

Outlook 2003 #319
I have created a desktop for my wife but when I try and set up her mail in Outlook I get the error "unable to open default e-mail folders Any help Thanks Are you setting up via the mail applet in the control panel? "PapaBear" <PapaBear@redridinghood.com> wrote in message news:etf2c21200q7rp6htheqp8n1bvorblg9a7@4ax.com... > I have created a desktop for my wife but when I try and set up her > mail in Outlook I get the error "unable to open default e-mail > folders > Any help > Thanks On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 15:23:19 +0100, "DL" <address@in...

Selecting 8 1/2 x 14 size paper using templates
If I select a template, such as the newsletter template 'newsletter > color band', it defaults to 8 1/2 x 11 paper in a portrait mode. If I change the paper size to legal (landscape) I would have thought the template would adjust for that different page size, but it doesn't. What do I have to do if I want to use the legal papersize (so I can fold my publication like a book and mail it out) without having to redesign a template? I'm using Publisher 2007, by the way. Thanks! You're going to have a bit of work ahead of you. Different size + different orientatio...

HUGE Text Outlook 2003
Sometimes when I receive mail replies in Outlook, parts of the original message are in huge 100 point text size. The recipients tell me the messages are received that way. It's unprofessional, to say the least. -- AJH What do they look like in your Sent Items folder? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "JHolland" <JHolland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Exchange 2003 Enterprise Server SP1 & Windows Server 2003 SP1
does anyone know whether MS has approved installing win server 2003 sp1 over exchange 2003 sp1? thanks. On Wed, 25 May 2005 16:56:07 -0400, "Halo5011" <halo5011@gmail.com> wrote: >does anyone know whether MS has approved installing win server 2003 sp1 over >exchange 2003 sp1? > >thanks. > Absolutely. No real show stoppers to report though you may want to look at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?amp;displaylang=en&familyid=22CFC239-337C-4D81-8354-72593B1C1F43&displaylang=en Specifically: If you are running Windows Small Business Se...

Outlook 2003 on Windows Server 2003 terminal and Exchange 2000 #2
Hi, I have a weird problem. Setup DC1 running W2K Server DC2 running W2K Server and Exchange Server 2000 DC3 running W2K3 Server and TERMINAL SERVER and OFFICE 2003 Now the problem i when i connect to the W2K3 Server with Terminal and open Outlook 2003 i can read/reply mails without any problems. But when i try to make a new mail i cannot click the TO/CC/BCC button --> this gives me an error message that the server doesnt support it ???!!!??? It gets weirder : when i type in the TO/CC/BCC address space the alias of my contact it translates it perfectly to the correct email address. So...

download some Outlook 2003 contacts to my Sharp GX15 mobile
I'm trying to download some Outlook 2003 contacts to my Sharp GX15 mobile. I use Windows XP Home Edition. I select the contact in Outlook 2003 and then File - Send File to Bluetooth. For most of the contacts it downloads without any problem although for some contacts (it appears mainly for contacts that have more fields completed than just the basic name and phone numbers, etc.) I get an error message on the phone of 'Card rejected' and then on the laptop 'The request could not be honored'. Any advice as to why there is this apparent inconsistency would be very much ...

Outlook 2003 #5
I just got Outlook 2003 in the mail yesterday. Is there anyone out their who has the latest version of Outlook yet? DaveS wrote: > I just got Outlook 2003 in the mail yesterday. Is there > anyone out their who has the latest version of Outlook > yet? Why do you ask, Dave? Is there something wrong? If so, please let us know the problem...maybe we can help you -- Donald L McDaniel Post All replies to the Newsgroup, so that all may be informed ============================================================= ...

Outlook 2003
I just sent replies (with PDF attachments) to two messages and found out that the recipients received 8 - 10 copies of my email within 30 minutes. Strangely, none of these ever ended up in the Sent Messages folder. What caused this and how can I keep it from happening again? (One of the guys suggested the system might be on autorepeat. If so, how would I fix that?) ...

Migration Exch 5.5 to Exch 2003
Hello all. I had a lot of fun with our old Exchange server lately as I have the function of an admin here in our small company, but to be true: I am none. Making a lot of errors, learning more. At last we convinced the boss to buy new software, even though it was not in our "investment plan". New software yes, but not new hardware. Ok, here my problems are starting... This is current: PDC with Win NT 4.0 (2 GB first harddisk partition - WHY?) BDC with Win NT 4.0 (same 2GB partition thing, is there a special reason for it? This prevents me from "simple updating" the comp...

Exchange 2003 SP2 #10
We are running Exchange 2003 on our Active directory DC/GC, the server has 2GB Ram installed. Is it safe to install SP2 without modifying the boot.ini with the 3GB switch setting? This is not SBS 03. ...

Old user keeps receiving mail in Exch 2003
I have a old user (she has been deleted) that keeps receiving a large amount of SPAM. I have the Exchange server automatically move this undeliverable mail to a folder on the server called BadMail, and once a week I go and manually delete all the files in that directory. The question are: 1. Can exchange be set up to reject the mail to this old user (not except it for local delivery to the domain) 2. If not 1, then can I set exchange up to automatically dump the inbound undeliverables Thanks in advance what version of Exchange? if it's 2000 or 2003, you can configure your serv...

broken images in outlook 2003
I have an outlook 2003 client. Since several weeks ago, all the images I get are broken (red x at the top left). If I reply or forward using Word as my editor, then the image comes back. If I use the internal outlook editor then the image stays broken. This machine has worked for ywo years without a problem. Any ideas? Thanks! Ilan Raab are they broken or do you see the message that to download them you need to right click in the image placeholder? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart...