Exch 2000 dead. How to remove object and install Exch2003 ?

An Exch2000 box (SMTP connector) crashed.
Since I already have Exch2003 up and running in the same "exchange
organization", I will install WIn2003+Exch2003 in the SMTP connector
instead.

Question is this, how can I remove the Exch2000 object left ? Obviously if I
try to install Exch2003 in that box, since I am using same from the old
Exch2000 system, I am going to be unable to proceed with the Exch2003
install.

0
marlon_brown (142)

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 07:41:17 -0800, "Marlon Brown"
<marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote:

>An Exch2000 box (SMTP connector) crashed.
>Since I already have Exch2003 up and running in the same "exchange
>organization", I will install WIn2003+Exch2003 in the SMTP connector
>instead.
>
>Question is this, how can I remove the Exch2000 object left ? Obviously if I
>try to install Exch2003 in that box, since I am using same from the old
>Exch2000 system, I am going to be unable to proceed with the Exch2003
>install.

One way is to install E2K with the /disasterrecovery switch, mount
blank stores and then upgrade it.
Another is to remove the E2K from that box completely
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;260378 and
then start again.
0
mark7219 (5666)

Forgot to Unshare Calendars before removing Mailboxes
Hi Everyone, Ok, Ima dummy, I admit it...The problem is that there were mailboxes created for sharing within the org...for example..."Conference room" The Calendars were shared and everything worked great. The staff decided they didnt want them after all, and so I removed the account objects and mailboxes but forgot to stop sharing the calendars. The end result is the mailboxes are gone, the accounts are gone but the Calendars are still showing up in the GAL. What to do? Thanks "Stonegarden" <Stonegarden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Ok, Ima dummy, I ...

excel 2000 #3
At school we use excel 2000, i am trying to make a scatter graph with error bars. Every time i try to use the error bars it makes every point have the same error bar, when i would like them to be different. Can anyone help? On Jul 5, 9:50=A0pm, Laura Williams <lauramarycla...@gmail.com> wrote: > At school we use excel 2000, i am trying to make a scatter graph with > error bars. Every time i try to use the error bars it makes every > point have the same error bar, when i would like them to be different. > Can anyone help? I'm not sure about Excel 2000, but the following ...

Update Rollup 3 Fails to Install
I just tried to install Update Rollup 3 for CRM 3.0 Server and it fails with a "Setup failed to update the database. Contact Customer Support" This is a very plain vanilla installation on Win2k server with SQL server installed locally. There as been a few mods to the forms that added some DB attributes, but nothing special. This is an Action Pack license so we don't have Customer Support. What should I do? does the user you are logged in as have sysadmin rights in the sql instance? Dave Ireland "Stewart A" <StewartA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Problems with Outlook 2000 after upgrading to Windows XP SP2
Hi everyone. We have been running Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2000 clients on Windows 2000 and Windows XP machines for a few years. Everything has always worked perfectly. We recently upgraded a few machines to Windows XP SP2 and noticed problems with Outlook 2000. Outlook 2000 installed on a Windows XP SP2 hangs all the time when exiting. When I close Outlook 2000 on one of these machines there is a 50-50 chance that it will exit properly. When it does close properly you have to hot CTRL- ALT-DELETE, choose Microsoft Outlook (listed twice for some weird reason), and click END TASK. Cli...

Cannot receive mail on a newly installed computer
Hi This is very weird. I have installed a lot of windows xp computers but this one, everything works perfect; but i cannot receive mail on this one. Outlook is able to perform its testing routine without problem. I can send mail also, but cannot receive. When I press the "send/receive" button it just flashes by without any error messages. I have tried with outlook express on the same computer: Same result. The mail account is a standard POP3/SMTP mail, and works on a laptop with win xp. I have installed ALL patches for Office XP and Windows XP. I've tried to disable the win...

remove duplicates except blanks
is it possible to have a macro that removes duplicates except blanks in a column? jat It is not a problem, but we need more information. Which column do you want to compare, should both entries be deleted? Regards, Per "jat" <jat@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:D6C4A7E1-B4AE-4FD6-8E44-A6C1FE212595@microsoft.com... > is it possible to have a macro that removes duplicates except blanks in a > column? > > jat > With data in ColA try the below macro which will use ColB as a helper column... Sub Macro1() Columns(1...

OWA Question (Exch 2003)
Exchange 2003. If I go to http://owa/exchange/mailbox and login as Administrator to a certain persons mailbox (Administrator in our domain has rights to all mailboxes) - can the user tell if their email has been logged into? Can I tell from Event viewer or other means? If you open and read messages, they will be marked as read when they view them in Outlook themselves. What is the overall goal? Maybe there is a better way. William Lefkovics, MCSE, A+, ExchangeMVP Hades wrote: > Exchange 2003. > > If I go to http://owa/exchange/mailbox and login as Administrator to a > ...

Outlook 2000 Internet Only
My hard drive has recently crashed and i had to buy a new hard drive. I have loaded all software and am having a chalenge with my accounts in Outlook. I have two different domain names for a total of four Outlook accounts. Everything worked before the crash but now my one domain name account(s) can receive email but can not send. I have installed exactly the way it is supposed to be done per instructions. Is there something I need to do that outside these instructions that perhaps I forgot I did the first time? Thanks Jim jimbo@jgrieco.com Do you get an error message when you try t...

Outlook 2003 preparing for install popping up
Hi, I did a full install of Office 2003 Standard - "full install" means *everything* to run from the computer; Yet each time I do certain actions in Outlook, a dialog pops ups saying "Windows Installer - Preparing for install". The Floppy drive grinds a few seconds, and after about 20 seconds the dialog disappears. It happens when: - I highlight or open a HTML format message - I rightclick on a mail-address I've ran the Repair function - didn't help. Searched the web and found dozens of other people having the same problem.... but not one solution!! The ...

Access 2000 to 2002 Conversion
I was able to convert a Access 2000 ADP file to 2002 format with no errors. When I went to convert that to an ADE for my users I get the error: "Microsoft Access was unable to create an ADE database" There are no VB errors when I compile the project and knowledgebase article KB283788 indicates that may be a reference to a mdb or adp file. Where would I find this type or reference? Tom L. Hi Tom, From your description, I know that even you have compiled your adp files successfully, you still could not convert an Access 2000 ADP to 2002 format and will get the error message l...

Trend Micro SMEX ver 6 and exch 2k
Hi. I am running exchange 2k enterprise on a win2k platform (patched and hotfixed to date) I am also running scanmail for exchange version 6 (SMEX) and the e-manager plug-in for Smex anti-spam. My issue is this, every day at approx 1:30pm clients outlook become unresponsive until the exchange server is rebooted. Stopping the Exchange or SMEX related services is not an option because the ScanMail_RealTimeScan service appears to interact with the store in such a way as to prevent either service from stopping gracefully. ie they just hang and the only work around is reboot server. Not good ;0( ...

exchange 2000 to 2003 #2
Hello, My org is considering migrating to exc2k3 from exc2k. Currently all our servers run on win2k and the domain is in native mode. We already run exc2k enterprise due to storage requirements. Can you let me know what we would need software wise to move to win2k3/exc2k3, including CALS. Would we needs exc2k3 enterprise? Do you have any good docs on uprading the AD/Exchange from 2k to 2k3? Thanks. You really need to check with your MS reseller on licensing. Whether you need Exchange Enterprise is really dependent on your needs. Two of the biggest limitations with standard are a si...

Remove all spaces in Macro
Can I change the code below so that it would auto-remove whenever there are spaces and don't have to run macro everytime? I think can code somthing to the change event of the worksheet, how to modify? Sub RemoveAllSpaces() **Application.ScreenUpdating = False **Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual Range("A14:A50").SpecialCells(xlConstants).Replace What:=Chr(32), _ Replacement:="", _ LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, MatchCase:=True **Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic **Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub what is the meaning of...

Does DDNS work with Exch 2003?
I had DDNS (no-ip.com) working with Exchange 2000 a while ago but now I'm trying it out on 2003 and cannot get it to work. Everything gets stuck in the queue and mail from the outside bounces back to the sender. I know I'm a rookie but it's the only way I can learn. I have a feeling my FQDN is not right as well as my MX records. Any help will be appreciated. BP As long as your Exchange 2003 server is able to receive messages, that shouldn't cause any problem (of course, supposing your DDNS is updated when necessary). What error message do you get ? "Brian Par...

installing Outlook 2002 from Ipaq software
I am using an Ipaq PDA and had been syncing with the Outlook 2002 installed from the software supplied by Ipaq. Later, I installed Office 2000 Pro on the desktop and the PDA would not sync with Outlook 2000 which had been installed with the Office 2000 on the desktop. I then uninstalled OL2000 and reinstalled OL2002 from the software. It appeared to install properly but I am unable to locate it in any form except in text files showing installation. There is no .exe file and it does not show in programs. I have reinstalled several times with the same results. Any ideas on this? ...

Exch.2003, clients cannot open attachments
I have exchange 2003 and clients are complaining that they cannot open attachment. Any suggestion ? Thanks Do you have anti virus software scanning your mail when it goes out? Maybe the virus software is corrupting the file before it sent. Try stopping the service. Gary ...

how do I remove breaks between paragraphs
Hi, I have to reformat a long (120'000 word) document for an editor and, when I was writing the document, I put a line between each paragraph using the enter key. They now want all of those lines removed. Is there a way of doing that without clicking through the entire document and removing them one by one? Thanks Chris Use find and replace to remove them: Find what: ^p^p Replace with: ^p If you indented all paragraphs, you're done. If not, you may want to add space after to the paragraph style so the editor can see where the paragraph begins and ends. If yo...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 (KB922815) Installation Error
When i try to install Update Rollup 1 for MSCRM 3.0 i get following error. Setup could not find Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server or you have a mismatch between update language and Microsoft CRM language. The installation of this update has stopped. Is this rollup language dependent? I have a swedish installation of MSCRM. Thanks! // Mats ------=_NextPart_0001_11F19277 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Yes this rollup is language dependent. You need to install SVE(swedish - sweden) UR1 package. Thanks, Indira Dhingra This posting is provided "AS IS" with no...

GP10 install/upgrade failed
Dear All, I am facing problem when upgrading to Hotfix : KB951967 got GP10. GP utilities is throwing an error " Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities install/Upgrade failed." when it reaches load required data, table DU000010. Duintall.log has the following entries Message: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\SQL\3830\Upgrade.dll,UPGRADE_10_0_67_SYSTEM_PRELOAD\C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\SQL\Temp\du000010.out Please note we are running on SQL2000 sp4. and curently on 10.0.1061. Has anyone encountered this problem and what is the workaround. Thanks in anticipatio...

Old user keeps receiving mail in Exch 2003
I have a old user (she has been deleted) that keeps receiving a large amount of SPAM. I have the Exchange server automatically move this undeliverable mail to a folder on the server called BadMail, and once a week I go and manually delete all the files in that directory. The question are: 1. Can exchange be set up to reject the mail to this old user (not except it for local delivery to the domain) 2. If not 1, then can I set exchange up to automatically dump the inbound undeliverables Thanks in advance what version of Exchange? if it's 2000 or 2003, you can configure your serv...

Outlook 2000 Tracking Tab
I don't have tracking tabs. I can't find any online help. It tells me were the tab should be, but when I pull up the sent email, no tabs at all. I do have receipts requested, thus I think I should have tracking. Would appreciate anyones help. Thanks. ...

Migration Exch 5.5 to Exch 2003
Hello all. I had a lot of fun with our old Exchange server lately as I have the function of an admin here in our small company, but to be true: I am none. Making a lot of errors, learning more. At last we convinced the boss to buy new software, even though it was not in our "investment plan". New software yes, but not new hardware. Ok, here my problems are starting... This is current: PDC with Win NT 4.0 (2 GB first harddisk partition - WHY?) BDC with Win NT 4.0 (same 2GB partition thing, is there a special reason for it? This prevents me from "simple updating" the comp...

Can I disable the Microsoft Search service which is installed with SQL 2000?
I am trying to troubleshoot the problem in my other post "dfrgifc.exe & dfrgntfs.exe starting for some reason". Can I disable the Microsoft Search service without having a problem to see if that service is the cause? -- Thanks! ...

.pst files from Outlook 2000 to 2003
Is it possible to transfer e-mail files (.pst) with sub folders and still keep date received and attachments intact? Yes. If you have both the new PST and the old PST you can open them both in the same instance of Outlook. Just copy the messages from the old PST to the new PST (just like copying files in Explorer). Once you've got your folders and messages in the new PST they will still have the same properties including attachments, they had in the old PST. You can then close the old PST and do whatever with it, delete, backup and delete or just leave them both to clean up later. I lik...

Exch 2003: Alternate Server recovery question
Sorry my last post was really long. What is the alternate server recovery scenario useful for (that is when is it necessary to recover exchange to an alternate server that is on a separate AD forest, with a separate DC and DNS server)? I thought that was a thing of the past...exch 5.5. if you want to see what i mean click http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/events/exchange2003/tnt1-101.mspx and click the "Alternate Server Recovery" link. thank you TM Ayala Well, Recovery Storage Groups don't work for every situation. For example, if the original Exchange server...