EXC5.5: IMC crashing on mail with unknown addresses

Hi,

We have a severe problem on two sites in our exchange organization.
(Exchange 5.5 SP4 + postSP4 Hotfixes, Trend Micro SMEX 3.82_1160)

When sending emails to addresses, which were moved in the organisation,
the IMC seems to crash  (bridge head server in a site of 5 exc servers,
holding @3000 mailboxes, bridgehead itself has @5- max.50 mailboxes).

On the address field properties of the sent email you only see the
X.400 address of the old location of the user, no display name, etc.
is set  (old entry may be grabbed from a user out of the GAL due
to replication delays).

Checking IMC queues shows, that the corrupt mail is stuck in MTS-OUT
(using Profinst.exe and MDB Viewer, KB 165505). Checking MTA (Mtacheck)
and \imcdata\...-checks seems to be error free.

Trying to restart (or after reboot) the server the IMC almost
immediately crashes again (sometimes showing a 4037 in the eventlog).

The problem occured first some days ago (nothing has been changed on
this server. Last patch was in May: OL2K3 Store patch).

Since first occurance we are observing this crashes daily (3 days in
sequence), bringing down the emails traffic on our bridgeheads
(Intersite connects in the exc organization are done using IMC
 instead of X400 connectors).

Any idea what could cause such a behavior?
And why isn't there a NDR "proxy user unknown" instead of an IMC
crash?

Thanks for any hint or pointer to solve the problem in advance.

Rainer

I would recommend calling MS PSS and opening support case - it is their
code crashes (where it should not), you say you are fully patched, so they
should fix their code and give you hot-fix.

--
Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain.
http://spf.pobox.com

0
kpalagin1 (1216)

Address Book missing contacts
My Outlook 2003 Address book shows Contacts but it contains only people I have emailed since my machine(Windows XP Media Center Version 2002 SP2) was built, maybe 20 or so. I have over 500 people in my Contacts folder. The checkbox is marked in properties to show "Contacts" as an email Address book. "Contacts" is an option within Address book. Ideas? The addresses may not be resolving, something that can happen if the addresses are imported from a database or CSV file. Try this free resolve utility and see if it makes the rest visible: http://download.chapura.com/...

Leave Mail On Server
Where is the checkbox in Outlook Express config to leave mail on the mail server? You need the e-mail account info as a MAPI account, not a traditional SMTP/POP3 account. Not necessarily available with all ISP's. >-----Original Message----- >Where is the checkbox in Outlook Express config to leave >mail on the mail server? >. > anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > You need the e-mail account info as a MAPI account, not a > traditional SMTP/POP3 account. Not possible in Outlook Express. Perhaps you meant IMAP? And it would depend what kind of mail accoun...

Messages Journaling for Specific Users in Exchange 5.5 with sp4
Hi all In my company we have one exchange server 5.5 We need to monitor some user,s incomming and out going mails is any way to get a copy of all the mails to a Specific user mailbos so that that user can monitor all the mail. I am not that much good in 5.5 I copy the imsext.dll file to c: \Exchsrvr\Connect\Msexcimc\Bin and after that I register the dll with command regsvr32 imsext.dll HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ MSExchangeIMC\Parameters NonRoutingExtensionDll Drive:\Exchsrvr\Connect\Msexcimc\Bin\Imsext.dll HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\...

blank e-mail messages
My outlook express opens fine...receives messages and lists them. But when I click on one to open it..I get a blank screen. What's wrong??? MOORFLWR <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My outlook express opens fine...receives messages and > lists them. But when I click on one to open it..I get a > blank screen. What's wrong??? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Exchange Server does not forward all mails, just sends HELO and QUIT
Hi, We have set up one account on our server (info at davos.ch) to forward all mails to davos at frogstyle.ch. Most of the times, this works as expected, but sometimes, it doesn't. The log files of Exchange Server show that the server only connects, sends an EHLO (which is blocked), then HELO, and then QUITs. When delivery succeeds, the EHLO and HELO are the same, but then followed by the MAIL, RCPT and DATA commands. I included the few lines of a failed delivery below. The setup of the two mailservers are: (Exchange Server - SonicWall) - Internet - (PIX 501 - Merak Mail Server) The Me...

Adding Rows #5
How do I go about adding blank rows to a range of rows in a spreadsheet. I currently have a spreadsheet with data on every rows. I would like to add a blank row between each row of data but the only way I seem to be able to do this is to choose each row manually. Please let me know if there is an easier way to do this. Thanks the simpest way is to add a helper column fill next to your data 1,2,3 etc. go to the cell in this coulumn just below your data and fill with 1.5,2.5,3.5 to .5 above the number of data rows you have. select all and sort on the helper column. delete the helper c...

Back-off crash -
Thanks to Jeff I 'am back and running. I just have one more question - I had made several custom label design can I copy does from my system backup or where would they be located. If you did a standard installation to c drive: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store Operations\Labels Otherwise in your install directory under \Microsoft Retail Management System\Store Operations\Labels Marc "Dan-902" <alias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:OkUnvTrOKHA.1876@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Thanks to Jeff > > I 'am back and r...

SAP ECC 6 BI 7 ECC 5 CRM 5 SCM 5 SRM 5 IS Oil IS Retail Installation
SAP INSTALLATION We can provide installation service for any type of following SAP IDES System in your stand alone home Laptop & Desktop and external USB Hard discs SAP R\3 4.7 EE, SAP ECC 5.0, SAP ECC 6.0 SAP CRM 5.0, SCM 5.0, SAP SRM 5.0, SAP BI 7.0, SAP SEM 6.0, SAP BW 3.1, IS- Utilities IS- Retail IS- Oil IS- Media IS- Healthcare Solution Manager SAP Netweaver with EP 7.0, Development framework SAP Middleware Connections for BW Extractions All R\3 systems comes with these core modules SAP Solution Manager SAP HR (Human Resource) SAP FI CO (Finance & Controlling) SAP SD (Sales &a...

5.5 to 2K3
If I install Exchange 2K3 on top of 5.5, will it migrate my users and their mail? Here's what I'm planning: I've got an old NT4.0 w/Exchange 5.5 server. Just bought brand-new hardware. Will install NT4.0 and 5.5 on new hardware, then restore Directory/Information Store and individual mailboxes. Then upgrade NT4.0 to 2K with AD. Then upgrade 5.5 to 2K3. Sound like a plan? Jonathan wrote: > If I install Exchange 2K3 on top of 5.5, will it migrate > my users and their mail? It should work. > Here's what I'm planning: > I've got an old NT4.0 w/E...

gulfpride43@comcast.net e mail help
From: "sally kate sheffield" <sally kate sheffield@discussions.microsoft.com> Subject: RE: A unknown error has occurred Date: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 7:48 PM "caliber1" wrote: > I am unable to empty deleted items in windows mail it keeps coming up a > unknown error has occurred. Has any one figured this out yet? Please let > me > know it is driving me nuts. > > Thanks ...

Money 2002 crashes on opening
When I attempt to open M02 it seems to start OK then just after it plays the opening chord the screen changes from cream to white and a send MS this error report comes up refering to Event ID (1000) I cannot find any ref to this. I am using XP. Please help I am getting the same thing using Money 2003. It started happening just today, Feb 02, 2004. Anyone? Please help! "Jim Henry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<919d01c3e9e7$46f16c10$a601280a@phx.gbl>... > When I attempt to open M02 it seems to start OK then just > after it play...

Is it just me - or are - windows 7 - media center - windows live mail
Some three months into Windows 7 X64 and just about reconciled to absence of NewsGroups via Outlook Express - when up jumps Windows Live Mail - evidently with capability to reach out and subscribe to NTTP Newsgroups. I surmise - there must also be a host of features (or at least - some) which also I have managed to overlook - which are part of the Media Center Software. Won't even mention the new look of Office 2007 (2010 you say?) where it takes a dullard like me - a few weeks to find the help tab.... But - getting there is said to be more important than the final ...

2 email services
I have an msn email account and would also like to have a Windows Live email account with the same email address, so messages would come to both and so I could answer from either one. Is this how it works or do I need two separate addresses for msn mail and live mail? I've asked 'professionals' and get different answers, so I'm here asking 'real' people. Jan Wrong newsgroup! Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Jan" wrote: > I have an msn email account and would also l...

Sorting approximate dates e.g., 5-72
I am trying to sort an MS Access 2003 database with a text field: ApproxDTE with entries like 5-72 8-58 9-84 .. .. .. As text these do not sort correctly. If I do something funky like datevalue([ApproxDTE]) it gives me values like 5/1/72, 8/1/58, 9/1/84 -- which is great -- but don't try to put in in Assending order. It fails with the error: This expression is typed incorrectly, or it is too complex to be evaluated. For eample, a numeric expression may contain too many complicated elements. Try simplifying the expression by assigning parts of the expression to variables. If I use: ...

Report Writer #5
Hi there We are about to go live with new modules in GP 8.0 and we are having problems with our reports not fitting to the page. When we print to screen the report looks fine and all sections appear...but when we print to a printer the top\bottom of the report is being cut off. Any KBs or pointers out there??? Tami Hi, Is the whole section being chopped off? - as in is it just showing the line item info? Reason I ask, is because the GP Report writer is confusing to new users. It has a Page header and Report Header (esp invoices&pos). And if the report is modified and the page heade...

Printing problem when creating a new mail message
In outlook 2002, created a new mail message, put To and subject in the fields, before sending the user wants to print it out, when you print the To, CC,Subject fields do not print?. When the mail is sent and you print it does?. Use to work OK on Office97. ...

Is there a way to see the abc@xyz.com address in the From field?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C5A7FD.B7F3A650 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dear all,=20 Is there a way to see the abc@xyz.com address in the From field? I can just see "Name Lastname" so I cannot strip the domain from my = inbox list. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Guillermo ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C5A7FD.B7F3A650 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//D...

Lifetime planner crashes
I try to use the lifetime planner, when I get to the part of adding mortgage info, M05 crashes and restarts, any suggetison? -- thomp ...

WTF Updates and crashes?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Hey ya'll I'm marginally computer literate (which means I can use apps but not write code) and I have a G4 with 40gig of available memory and Tiger 10.4.11. So I meet all the requirements to run Office 2008 but what is the deal with with the updates, I get them and suddenly the set-up assistant opens every time I try to use an app, but the app doesn't open? What the deal? This info should provide the fix: <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/05/office_2008_sp1_install_causes_setup _assistant_to_loop.htm...

import external entities to Exchange 5.5
Is there a tool or script to allow me to import external entities into Exchagne 5.5? On an Exchange 2000 system I can use csvde to import contact objects. I am looking for some similar method to import to Exchange 5.5. I want to import a list of 700 names and email addresses that are foreign to the Exchange 5.5 system. I want to be able to hide them all from the GAL initially. I would also like to be able to use these external contacts as forwarders for certain internal users. Thanks, Josh ...

Excel 2007
Out of the blue excel started to take 5 seconds to process each task performed within spreadsheets with formulas. Sometimes even just clicking in a cell takes 5 seconds to register before I can begin typing. Delay also happens when trying to toggle between spreadsheets. So frustrating. Is this an excel issue or a computer issue? Thanks, Shay ...

getting outlook e-mails from a remote computer
configured outlook 2003 to receive all my e-mails that were previously going to my e-mail address at comcast.net Now I don't know how to access these e-mails in Outlook when I am not at my home computer. Help! You cannot access Outlook remotely unless you are using Remote Desktop and someone is at your home computer to accept the connection. You would be better served by leaving your mail on Comcast's server and using the web interface when away from home. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: ht...

Scheduled Task Fails running Code to send Outlook Mail from Excel.
I am trying to run this subroutine from an Excel Macro in a Scheduled job. Private Sub SendMessage() Dim OutApp As Object Dim OutMail As Object 'ToStr, Subject and strBody are globals in the Excel VB Module. Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0) With OutMail .To = ToStr .CC = "xxx@yyy" 'Real address obscured here. .BCC = "" .Subject = Subject .Body = strbody .Send End With End Sub It works perfectly when triggered ...

test #5
test ...

5.5 message tracking
I am looking for an app that will help me with tracking messages from my organization to other people on the internet. It seems that the admin program will not let me do this, just internal messages. What I need to be able to do is search for messages sent to an external address and see what event codes are with each message and who else that message was sent to and what time it was sent (prefer that it is adjusted for GMT and daylight savings) Anyone know what can do this? I can look through the logs but when you start seeing messages getting mixed together one inside them it gets a l...