Exc 2k - Move IS to another server

Hi,

I was wondering if the operation below would be reasonnable ":

    Install a new brand new exchange server
    restore from another server the Mailbox Store
    Update through LPAD the AD to reflect the changes

Seems to be working on some users in test lab. but in prod ?

Thanks,

Chris

0
tophe_news (33)

How do I show Free/Busy calendar status between Exchange 2K and 2K3 Servers?
I have recently moved my mailbox from a native Exchange 2000 to an Exchange 2003 server within the same site. What do I need to configure, so that I can see the Free/Busy aviliability of people I attempt to schedule in Outlook, who's mailboxes still reside on the Exchange 200 server? ...

change formula references from one tab to another
I have a series of formulas in cells and drop downs linked to another tab in my worksheet. What I want to do is make a series of tabs that has slightly different info in them. I want to then give a person the option to pick what tab the furmula will read from. I have a coworker that brought up "radio buttons" but I cant find anything. Please help. DV list of sheetnames in Sheet1 C1 In D1 enter =INDIRECT(C1 & "!A1") Will return contents of A1 from whichever sheetname is selected in C1 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 09:41:02 -0800, aspencer@forma...

Trace Precedents /dependents in another sheet
Dear Experts Im using Excel 2007 Im attempting to audit a sheet where the formula are in one sheet and the totals are in another. When using either the Trace Precedents or dependents function , all I get is an arrow pointing to a worksheet icon without any info on the cell ref of the formula or the dependent (depending on which way I run it) Is there any way of getting this info if the data is on two separate sheets or files. Thanks Sam In xl2003, one could just double click on the dotted line which leads to/from the little sheet icon. This would surface a "Go To" dialog ...

Migration SBS 2003 to MS Server 2008 R2 / Exchange 2010
Can anyone detail out the steps to migrate MS SBS 2003 to MS 2008 Standard R2? Domain controller will be a separate server from Exchange. Thank you! There are lots of ways to do this.... How many users? Branch offices? Any 2008 servers already in the mix? - Larry Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit - Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com > Can anyone detail out the steps to migrate MS SBS 2003 to MS 2008 > Standard R2? > > Domain controller will be a separate server from Exchange. > > Thank you! > ...

"Delete it from Server" Not Deleting From Server
Hello...and thank you for whatever assistance you might be able to render. I have set a message rule, in OE, which calls for certain messages to be deleted from the server. If I understand this part of the rule correctly, this means the message will never be downloaded...and that it will be completely deleted at the server level, so that it isn't counting against my server disk storage level, either. Figuring I'm correct in that presumption--and please let me know if I'm wrong--I seem to have some messages making it through that should absolutely be deleted at th...

Exchange Server 2003
Hi, I keep running out of space on the server (warnings) but want to keep my older mails locally or to store/archive many of my mails locally rather than on the server. Can i do this in MS-Exchange Server 2003, if so how ? if the admin has not disabled psts, go to file, new, outlook data file and create a new pst. move items from the mailbox to the pst. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.out...

HELP
Hi all, I am stumped again. On sheet one I have a summary of projects On sheet two need 18 rows to auto populate (with the same ID) as the project are input into sheet one. For example if id# 333 is input on sheet one, 18 rows of id# 333 will auto populate with pertaining data. If another id is input 18 more rows will appear below that with the same data. Is this possible? Thanks, John ...

Change color of a cell if another cell has text in it
I am trying to achieve this: If i have text in range a5:b144 then I want to color each coresponding cell in the range d5:e144. ie: if a5 has a number in it... then d5 turns yello ie: if b33 has a number in it.. then e33 turns yello Is there a way to do this? D. Select D5:E144 With D5 the activecell format|conditional formating formula is: =A5<>"" give it a nice pattern format. If you really wanted to distinguish only numbers, use a formula like: =isnumber(a5) Danielle wrote: > > I am trying to achieve this: > > If i have text in range a5:b144 then...

How to AUTOMATICALLY reconnect clients on Server after disconnecti
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. I have developed a server-client app. Only about 10 clients connected to the Server. Recently, in a week the server has been error 2-3 times. I still don't know what caused it. The error was runtime error like other windows app error which is ended by the dialog of "Send" or "Don't Send" to Microsoft. After it error, an application restarting will make it normal. At that time, I need to re-connect all previously connected clients. Is it possible to be done on the server side only? I use the NDK 2.0 class from the codeproject here:...

Restoreing Exchange to other Exchange Server
I'm trying to restore exchange backup (taken on web --computer name-- using ntbackp) to (server1--computer name using ntbackup) but it doesn't allow me to do so. there is some error. i was reading on some other site that there is no much option in exchange server to restore backkup taken on other exchange. is it true. actaully, the reason for this back and restore is that I've on test machine. i received few mails on that computer now i want to move it to actaul machine. hope you got my problem. any solution for this. Daral Edwin what version of exchange are we talki...

Exchane 2k Backup Exec
When ever I try to backup Exchange using Backup Exec (version 9 or 10) I always failed at trying to backup disabled accounts. How can I get it to backup disabled accounts? Thanks On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 06:22:02 -0800, "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When ever I try to backup Exchange using Backup Exec (version 9 or 10) I >always failed at trying to backup disabled accounts. How can I get it to >backup disabled accounts? > >Thanks By design. Solution: 1. "Exchange Advanced" in ADUC for that account / Mailbox rights button. Add the...

besides onenote is there another place to down;pad a bible in a y.
Hi Jay, It rather depends on the denomination of the one note. John Walkenbach's 2003 Excel Boble retails at just under $40: http://j-walk.com/ss/books/bookxl23.htm --- Regards, Norman "jay cash" <jay cash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:425B582B-208A-4D68-9FE6-A10F755F521A@microsoft.com... > ...

how do i make a link in frontpage to a specific section in an exc.
Please keep the subject line short and place a detailed statement in the message. >-----Original Message----- > >. > ...

ANOTHER dropdown question!
BlankHello again, Im sorry for asking lots of questions, but I am attempting my first spreadsheet and I am stuck :( I have now been able to do a drop down feature (thanks to Bob and Roger). I would now like to know:- In my list of names in the drop down feature, if I selected a certain name, is there any way I do enter a formula or something so that whole row turns a different colour. Have I explained myself okay?? Thanks for your help anyway :) -- @---}-- Laura..... :) Liverpool, England "Do you know where you're going to?" Hi Laura You need Conditional Formatting Se...

copy OE folders to another computer on local network
I need to know how to get my folders from my desktop to my laptop. They are connected to a wireless local network. dandydon <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to know how to get my folders from my desktop to > my laptop. They are connected to a wireless local > network. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup and read http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ -- Brian Tillman "dandydon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:184a901c44a5c$eab084a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I need to know how to get my folders from my desktop t...

Windows Server 2008 R2 DC
Hello, I am researching how to properly join a 2008 R2 domain in an automated fashion from a re-imaged XP SP3 computer; either through Sysprep, or through a script after sysprep has finished and mini-setup is concluded; I have a utility that renames my XP SP3 machines after sysprep is finished, so I am guessing I will need to have the machine join the domain after that happens. Any thoughts? Anyone else out there who manages Windows XP workstations in a Server 2008 R2 domain? We have several hundred machines, so an automated process would be best. Thank you in advance, T ...

Another linking question
I have a Worksheet called �DailyReport� with a number entered in cell A1, such as 23rd, 24th,25th,etc I�d like to have it auto enter a number in Cell A2 that comes From a file called �ProdReports�, and from sheet �23rd� cell A10, or �24th� cell A10,etc,depending on what sheet number is typed into cell A1, of the worksheet �DailyReport� Thanks, Greg -- singlgl1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ singlgl1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26389 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threa...

RPC on front end server
I currently have one 2003 server in my domain. The server acts as my DC, and exchange 2003 server. I have setup RPC over HTTPS and it is working fine. I recently bought a new server, and i would like to make this server the RPC proxy instead of having to map 443 port on my firewal to my domain controller. My exchange 2003 server has sp1. Is there anything i need to do with my certificate that is currently installed on my DC? Do i need to create a new cert and isntall this new cert on the new server? I created my own certificate by setting up an eterprise certificate authority. Than...

Exchange 2003 Backend in a Member Server. Is this possible ?
Hi, I need to format and reinstall one of my brach�s DC Server. It have Exchange 2003 configured like backend server. I must move the user's mailboxes to a temporary server. I need to know if this temp server must be a DC or could be a member of the domain. Is this possible ? Then I will reinstall the DC with Exchange and will move back the mailboxes Thanks Javier ---------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 1235 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Tr...

Exce
hi, Is there any way of either hiding the cursor or restricting it to a fe cells? I have mastered the scroll area so the template wont move, bu the cursor is only required on a couple of cells, is this poosible? Thanks Andre -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Unlock the cells where you want the cursor (format>cells>protection), then protect the sheet. -- No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "ajw150 >" <<ajw150.17ztce@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:ajw1...

Outlook 2K and the Send.Item security
in this ( http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? scid=kb;EN-US;262701 ) article it describes some of the security features of outlook. We are using VisualFoxPro6 to generate E-mails and let us know when certain processes have finished. Someone ran a security update recently and now one of the machines halts when FoxPro attempts to send a file. The particular piece I am having a problem with is this. Item.Send When you run a program that uses the Outlook object model to call the Send method, you receive a warning message. This warning message tells you that a program is trying to ...

getting data from another cell
Hi I'm having a column A2 of full name eg (HOWES,CARRIE,L) I want to copy the first name, last name and the inital to three another cells like A3 LAST NAME = HOWES, A4 FIRST NAME = CARRIE, A5 MI = L Please help me to do it . Thanks jack Go to Data > Text to columns and use comma as your delimiter. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hi > I'm having a column A2 of full name eg (HOWES,CARRIE,L) I want to copy >the first name, last name and the inital to three another cells like A3 LAST >NAME = HOWES, A4 FIRST NAME = CARRIE, A5 MI = ...

Scan and copy cells from one spreadsheet to another.
How to take data from one spreadsheet and copy it to another. The porblem is I have to scan columns on both for a match first. The only example I could think of is something like this. If A5(on first spreadsheet) = C68(on second spreadsheet) then copy H68(from second spreadsheet) to E5(on first spreadsheet) else enter 0 There is over 1500 lines so I would hate to have to do this manually. Thanks! Hi Mark do you mean: If the value occurs in column A on the first sheet and in column C on the second sheet, then copy the value from column H of the same row as it occured in in C (of the s...

one computer to another
I have just purchased a new computer. How do I transfer my old outlook files to the new computer? Running XP Home Check this page for all you need to know: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "dave.rod@sbcglobal.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02d501c39f3c$bb253da0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have just purchased a ne...