Ex2K3 - Sending email to Public Folders

When a user outside our domain sends mail to a public
folder email address, it comes through as a post. When a
user in AD sends to the same email address via Outlook, it
comes through as an email. Does anyone have an idea on how
to get outside emails to appear as emails in a public
folder?
0
anonymous (74719)

There was a hotfix and regkey that you could set for 2000 to get around
this. I was just looking and it did NOT make it into E2K3. We have, however,
added it to the codebase for SP1.

--
Cheers,

Steve Antonio
Microsoft Exchange Support

Note: Please do not reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
purposes only.

"Marc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When a user outside our domain sends mail to a public
> folder email address, it comes through as a post. When a
> user in AD sends to the same email address via Outlook, it
> comes through as an email. Does anyone have an idea on how
> to get outside emails to appear as emails in a public
> folder?

0
steveant (150)
2/10/2004 5:44:29 PM
Thanks for the info.
-Marc

confers no rights.

>Note: Please do not reply to this e-mail address. It is
used for newsgroup
>purposes only.
>

>"Marc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> When a user outside our domain sends mail to a public
>> folder email address, it comes through as a post. When a
>> user in AD sends to the same email address via Outlook,
it
>> comes through as an email. Does anyone have an idea on
how
>> to get outside emails to appear as emails in a public
>> folder?
>

>.

0
anonymous (74719)
2/10/2004 7:56:55 PM
I am amazed at this!
I have spend hours trying to fix this and now to find out
that Microsoft have included a bug from a previous
version that was already fixed just seems incredible.

Chris.

and
>confers no rights.
>>
>>Note: Please do not reply to this e-mail address. It is
>used for newsgroup
>>purposes only.
>>

>>"Marc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>message
>>> When a user outside our domain sends mail to a public
>>> folder email address, it comes through as a post.
When a
>>> user in AD sends to the same email address via
Outlook,
>it
>>> comes through as an email. Does anyone have an idea
on
>how
>>> to get outside emails to appear as emails in a public
>>> folder?
>>

>>.
>>
>.

0
anonymous (74719)

Free Email Stationery For Outlook?
Is there any place I can get free email stationery for Outlook that actually works? I have Outlook 2007 and Windows XP. If I need to make changes on my computer in order to work the email stationery, what do I do and how do I do it? Thanks. Candy Google.com is still your friend. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 "Candy" <Candy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:7427332F-8349-4F1F-A719-654B4DF99549@micr...

To Ex2K3 or NOT Ex2K3, that is the question
I have a 4-site 5.5 organization distributed across the country. I want to get away from 5.5 before the end comes, plus we allow FAR too much mail to be stored..... It's time to upgrade our technology. The question is, 2K or 2K3? I have a rule... never jump to a product before SP1 at least, but I'm thinking of breaking that rule. I've heard 2K3 is rolling out well, it's the same basic codebase, I'm worrying about nothing. However, past experience tells me not to fall for that line. Politically, I can't take the problems of major mail failure, but we need the advantag...

Archive the Public Folders.
I'd like to archive the Public Folders in our Exchange server coz they are a shamble. I want to start from a clean slate, but still have the option to add posts from the archive back into the PFs. Is this possible w/o having to do it manually, ie. by recreatig the folder structure in a PST then copying the posts across? -- Julian Milano ...

False Unread Email Message
Although I have read all my email messages, I am getting a message from Outlook 2003 that says I have one unread mail message. Wrong: I have searched all my mail folders, including the archives, and found no unread messages. I have closed and re-opened Outlook, and restarted Windows XP, all to no avail. Anybody have a fix? Barney Do you have any views set on the folder? Right click on the toolbar and select to display the advanced toolbar. In the View Window, ensure it is set to All Messages, not a filtered one. Also, ensure that your folder is not sorted using the Icon column,...

new Ex2k3 build and Outlook 2k3 outbox issue
Hello, I have an interesting issue, we just built an Ex2k3 SP1 Cluster that we are going to go live with this weekend. In doing some tests the following happens. Send an email to a mailbox on the cluster and it sits in Outbox until I either send another message or click on the outbox, as soon as I do that it goes through. This is the first non 5.5 server in the company, on a new Active Directory domain. This seems to be happening with Outlook 2k3 cached and non-cached, tested with XP and we can see it hit the outbox and immediately sends. Any thoughts? Thanks, Jeremey It's p...

Phantom Email
I posted this similar issue a couple of days ago, but now I have narrowed it down. Every time I set up this one pop account, I get an error that it is trying to send, but cannot connect. It keeps trying over and over endlessly, and the errors keep piling up. It never stops unless I remove the account. I have selected the option to receive only for this account, and there is nothing in my Outbox folder. I have deleted this account and set it up again numerous time with no luck. It is like there is a program trying to send something though this particular account in the background....

Validation of CRM email addresses in Outlook
Hi folks, Couple of problems that are occuring for us with CRM 3.0: I am a habitual quick-keyer of e-mail addresses in Outlook; i.e., I enter a snippet of the individual's first and last names, then press CTRL+K to validate/underline the address. Sometimes when I do this, and the person is from the CRM address book, Outlook 'appears' to validate the address (it appears underlined) but on attempting to send the message Outlook flashes a message about selecting at least one recipient for the message. On right-clicking the person's name and selecting properties, all the...

Emailing through Outook from Excel
Hi I run Outlook 20003, Excel 2000 and WinXP I have a spreasheet that contains a macro that allows me to send the Excel workbook directly to a group of email addresses. When this macro is run, it puts an email into my Outlook OUTBOX. The problem I have is that I then have to open Outlook and go into my OUTBOX and press the send/receive button before this email is sent. Is there a way that when an email goes into my outbox like this that I can let Outlook know just to send it without me actually having to go into Outlook and press the send/recieve button? Thanks John Calder Outloo...

what is the maximum size for emails?
what is the maximum size for emails? -- Kevin Shafer hdgkevin@twcny.rr.com On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:43:47 -0500, "HARMONY DESIGN GROUP" <hdesigng@twcny.rr.com> wrote: >what is the maximum size for emails? I don't know the maximum size, but I have used Outlook to send and receive files that are over 20 MB. Most people run into another problem with large emails. Their Internet provider only allows a certain size, sometimes 6 or 10 MB. I had a need to send and receive these large files, so I contracted with an outside mail provider to handle them. (www.tuffmail.co...

missing email #6
Hi, Hope somebody knows how to fix my problem. Exchange 2003 GFI Mail Essentials 10 Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Trend Micro server protect I have a user that cannot recieve emails from a certain external user. The same email is sent to me and comes through fine. any ideas? No attachments and none of the emails showed up in the spam filter. No rules are setup on the mailbox either. Are there any utilities that would help me troubleshoot this? thanks in advance. have you done any message tracing? I would do that first, to see if the message in question is actually being delivered to th...

Difficulty opening email
A pretty dumb question but I'm stumped. I am using Vista. My Windows mail screen opens normally but when I double click to open a message, that screen opens with only half the message visible with the rest offscreen to the left. Unable to drag screen to the right. Readable if I maximize message. Can anyone help? Have you set any display options to increase text size by any chance (in Vista overall)? "Phyllis" <Phyllis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C9F243D-6F43-418C-99CA-2A85247F7D01@microsoft.com... > A pretty dumb question ...

Business Contact Manager
When you right-click the User/Email address on an email you can select to add it to Contacts. Is there any way of doing the same but adding the user to the Business Contact Manager Contacts group instead of the regular Contacts group? Thanks. After the new contact opens, choose File | Move to Folder instead of Save and Close. You'll need to open it from the BCM folder to add an account. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Joe Cors...

MS Word as email editor
I recently changed laptop computers and reinstalled Office XP Pro. Outlook does not recognize Word as email editor. This problem did not exist previously. I have reinstalled Office XP twice, both as a repair and a total reinstall. Error reads - "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." No option except OK, which then de-selects the setting in Tools > Options > Mail Format > Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages check box. Any thoughts? Hi Jim Do you h...

KB817809
Howdy all, Does anyone happen to have the hotfix for Exchange2k3 referred to in the above KB article? I just dropped a note to MS to see about getting the hotfix sent to me, but I really need to get the problem taken care of ASAP and it'd be much quicker to just be able to download it/get it sent to me from somewhere. This is in reference to the fact that there's no non-3rd party method of getting non-MAPI email sent to public folders to display as ipm.note rather than ipm.post. TIA, Jeremy Call MS - tell them you are having the exact problem listed in that KB. They will email ...

trying to check my military email account
How do i access my military email from this computer You'll have to ask the administrators of your military e-mail system for instructions on that. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:042801c3aed3$cfdb15c0$a101280a@phx.gbl, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > How do i access my military email from this computer ...

Listserv and EX2K3
Has anyone experienced any problems with list servers (Listserv) since they've introduced EX2K3 into their environment. I have a user who belonged to a List server and now no longer receives e-mail from it. Is there a way to allow that list.server to send mail to my domain? Thanks, Bkana "Bkana" <Bkana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Has anyone experienced any problems with list servers (Listserv) since >they've introduced EX2K3 into their environment. I have a user who belonged >to a List server and now no longer receives e-mail from it. Is there a ...

More email issues

Problem with message routing between EXCH2K and EX2K3
We are running a ver simply Exchange topology, with an Exchange 2000 single server (ServerA) acting as "dumb" Information Store. Incoming and outbound SMTP email is relayed through a Linux based SMTP host relay on the same subnet, which handles all domain lookups for mail routing. ServerA is configured to use to the Linux SMTP server as it's smart host. The domain is a native Windows 2003 AD topology. My problem is the following: I have recently added a new Exchange 2003 Server (ServerB) into our Exchange site topology. If I create a user (UserA) on ServerA and then do a...

Outlook reply emails go to wrong address
When my partner send emails and I click to reply to them they go to the wrong address, I cannot find how to change this if it is an option in outlook. I presume it has something to do with the account she has set up in outlook. This has taken us by surprise and was difficult to spot as I hae always asssumed outlook uses the sender email for replys. Any help appreciated! The sender of email can setup a "reply-to" email address which may be different than the "from" field. I think Outlook replies to that first, if there. Have your partner check how the email accoun...

Organizing standard email messages
I have several dozen emails that I send out to my clients each week. A typical email will say something like, "This week you had no blah, blah, blah." Or it might say, "This month you had 15 blah, blah, blah and you can see them in the attached file." I use a standard signature file so my contact info is always there and always current. I currently keep a folder of generic messages like this and each week I pick the appropriate message, change a date in the text, attach the current file and send. This works fine but I can't help but wonder if somebody else has a ...

How to tell if an email was sent or not
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0058_01C42622.9A84E240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello: I have a user who was accessing our company exchange 2000 server over = VPN over the weekend. He was connected for many hours writing over 50 = emails...Near the end of his session, he received about 50 "email = undeliverable" messages pertaining to emails sent hours ago. Now, when he got into the office today, he asked that I look deeply into = the server logs to check to see if these...

New Email Will Not Open Full Screen
Using IE8 with XP SP3 and OE, when going to the inbox and double clicking on a new message in the list of messages received, the new message opens in only a truncated window. Is there any way of making newly selected messages upon full screen? Thanks in advance for any assistance. Any window you want to resize permanently must be the last window closed. Grab the corners of the window and drag it to full screen size. Do not use Maximize. Close all other windows first via the Taskbar and this one last. Windows will remember the size used of the last window closed the next t...

Email Report
Hi, How do i change the date format from 2010/01/25 to 25-Jan-2010 in the subject of my email? The fields dateStartDate and dateEndDate are the fields containing the info. The code as follows: DoCmd.SendObject acReport, stDocName, acFormatPDF, "txtToEmail", "txtCCEmail", "", "Attendance Register: " & txtCourse & " on " & dateStartDate & " to " & dateEndDate & " - " & txtCompany & " - " & numRoom, "Hi... Blah Blah Blah" Thanks ant1983 &quo...

Exchange email
I have outside users who check their email via the web to the exchange server. For some reason a couple of the users are describing to me a popup windows that appears and states that the users password has 0 days remaining please click options to change password. Now i have the users accounts setup to where the password does not expire. Why would they be seeing this and how can i remove it? thanks http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262902 On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 13:49:22 -0700, "Josh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have outside us...

Source IP Address of Email
Can't figure out how to get the source IP address of the computer an email was sent from. The email was sent within the company, from an internal machine, so in the headers all I get is: .... X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft Exchange V6.5.6944.0 Received: by mail.company.com id <01C57525.09352127@mail.company.com>; Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:15:26 -0800 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; .... And the message tracking tool in the system manager is no help either. Thanks. You can't. Internal e-mail typically does not contain header information. You also won't see it ...