Ex2k Beta2 -> RTM question...

Quick question: We're going from beta2 to RTM this weekend.  The basic steps
are to uninstall the beta 2 CAS, HUB, and then UM.  Next we do an in-place
upgrade of the mailbox server and then finally we rebuild the CAS, HUB, and
UM with RTM.

Assuming everything goes well, will the UM-enabled users on our mailbox
server need to be re-UM enabled?  That would be a major pain in the butt if
that were the case (greetings and PIN's will all have to be done.)

Thanks in advance.

0
jim3476 (230)

Regardless, using beta products in production isn't supported except for
participants in select programs like RDP & TAP.
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"jim" <jim@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Quick question: We're going from beta2 to RTM this weekend.  The basic
> steps are to uninstall the beta 2 CAS, HUB, and then UM.  Next we do an
> in-place upgrade of the mailbox server and then finally we rebuild the
> CAS, HUB, and UM with RTM.
>

> Assuming everything goes well, will the UM-enabled users on our mailbox
> server need to be re-UM enabled?  That would be a major pain in the butt
> if that were the case (greetings and PIN's will all have to be done.)
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
bharat3597 (1006)
3/20/2007 3:53:07 PM
On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 08:53:07 -0700, "Bharat Suneja [MVP]"
<bharat@nospam.org> wrote:

>Regardless, using beta products in production isn't supported except for
>participants in select programs like RDP & TAP.

I would do a fresh install of the MB onto alternative hardware or
vmware sessions. I wouldn't, in a month of Sundays, attempt to upgrade
a beta to a stable production platform. Not no how, not no way, ever.
Bad enough you've (OP) got beta schema changes in the production
forest and are doing another schema update to bring you to production.

0
mark7219 (5666)
3/20/2007 6:11:45 PM
We're in the TAP program...

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharat@nospam.org> wrote in message
> Regardless, using beta products in production isn't supported except for
> participants in select programs like RDP & TAP.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "jim" <jim@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Quick question: We're going from beta2 to RTM this weekend.  The basic
>> steps are to uninstall the beta 2 CAS, HUB, and then UM.  Next we do an
>> in-place upgrade of the mailbox server and then finally we rebuild the
>> CAS, HUB, and UM with RTM.
>>

>> Assuming everything goes well, will the UM-enabled users on our mailbox
>> server need to be re-UM enabled?  That would be a major pain in the butt
>> if that were the case (greetings and PIN's will all have to be done.)
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

0
jim3476 (230)
3/20/2007 8:56:14 PM
Me too, and Bharat.

There's a BETA2 to RTM upgrade plan that's available from David. If you
can't get a copy I have one, i'm at home right now though. I can email it
over to you tomorrow.

Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
3/20/2007 11:45:35 PM
Jim,

I need a valid email address to send you this document.

Cheers,

Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
3/21/2007 11:43:16 AM
Then you're posting in the wrong place.... :)

--

> We're in the TAP program...
>
> "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharat@nospam.org> wrote in message
>> Regardless, using beta products in production isn't supported except for
>> participants in select programs like RDP & TAP.
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MVP - Exchange
>> www.zenprise.com
>> NEW blog location:
>> exchangepedia.com/blog
>>

>> "jim" <jim@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> Quick question: We're going from beta2 to RTM this weekend.  The basic
>>> steps are to uninstall the beta 2 CAS, HUB, and then UM.  Next we do an
>>> in-place upgrade of the mailbox server and then finally we rebuild the
>>> CAS, HUB, and UM with RTM.
>>>

>>> Assuming everything goes well, will the UM-enabled users on our mailbox
>>> server need to be re-UM enabled?  That would be a major pain in the butt
>>> if that were the case (greetings and PIN's will all have to be done.)
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.

0
bharat3597 (1006)

Question on Stopping IIS and Workflow
Hello, I understand pretty well the CRM system now. What I am concerned with though is making some custom workflow callouts. I have the book Working With Microsoft Dynamics CRM which I feel has been an excellent resource. I am ready to create some dll files and add them etc. What I am concerned with though is the fact that we have active tasks being monitored by workflow every day. If I stop IIS and do all the steps necessary to put in place active code, will that drop all the entities that are being monitored currently? It is extremely important that they not drop off the workflow...

Cond. Form. Question
How do I make a text cell(A1) change color if it is between zero to 14 days from the current date(A2)? But I also need it to drop the color after the date passes and go back to transparent. Thanks. In a cell, enter =today(). Let's say this is cell b1 Select your date. Format>Conditional format Use Between $b$1 and $b$1+14 and select format Red -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Roger Fuherdenhaden" <xxxx@ii> wrote in message news:ovqdneMricl0c6PdRVn-gg@comcast.com... > How do I make a text cell(A1) change color if it is between zero to 14...

Newbie question on formula's
I have a worksheet that contains several columns of data that I want to sort and/or compute figures. I have figured out how to accomplish everything except this last item. I have a column that has enrollment dates and another that has a credit status. The status column can be "Y" or "N". What I want the formula to do is provide the answer to "How many people have a 'Y' status <credit> with an Enrollment date after xx/xx/xx." Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure this is easy but it is driving me nuts. Hi try =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10...

Scripting Question???
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm new to apples and my boss as requested that I set up his apple laptop so that when Excel opens the Zoom is automatically set to 125%. <br><br>From reading through the forums I've found that there is no way to set 125% as a default on open and I would have to code this. Problem is I know nothing about AppleScript. I do script in VBA but he uses Excel 2008 so that will not work. I have to use AppleScript. <br><br>Can someone please help me with this? Here is what I wrote...

DLL question #2
Hi, I have write a DLL with Visual C++ 6.0. How can I prevent someone else to get the functions name from dll ? Is there a compiling option ? I'd like to protected it ... Stefano Malavasi __________________________________________________________________________________________ Email: s_malavasi_REMOVE_@_REMOVE_lycos.it Note: Remove _REMOVE_ string to reply "Stefano Malavasi" <s_malavasi_REMOVE_@_REMOVE_lycos.it> wrote in message news:r5bo7057i6itboh0m1a7kjf2m74kccduge@4ax.com... > Hi, > I have write a DLL with Visual C++ 6.0. How can I prevent > som...

Process & memory usage guru question
Hello, We have a C++ console app (AppA) (multithreaded - uses _beginthread) that runs as a batch program. Within **each** thread we may, depending on a number of bools, start another console app (AppB) to do zipping of files on a share using pkzip. To start the AppB app that does the zipping, we call one of our DLL functions that uses the "CreateProcess" defined in the "winbase.h" header. It calls a "*cmd" file that kicks off AppB. This pgm. has worked for a long time, but frequently the threads where the "zipping of the files" is occurring be...

Money 2007 Questions
I just "upgraded" from Money 2004 to Money 2007 and I have a couple of questions. 1. How do I turn off automatically connecting to the internet and updating? I have a dialup connection and every time I start Money it tries to open a connection. 2. Is there a problem with the Lifetime Planner? In Money 2004 the result graph showed a positive balance of all accounts through the entire graph period. When I went into the planner in Money 2007 the initial display of the graph showed the same as in Money 2004. However, when I stepped through the various steps of the planner (w...

A question about Cstring class !
I am a new learner of vc++ Please help me! When I see somebody create a variate of Cstring and then init it like this: m_DepID=L"" ,what is the L means; Thanks! That makes it a UNICODE string. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "yc0188" <yc0188@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#0BkvuMLEHA.2400@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I am a new learner of vc++ > Please help me! > When I see somebody create a variate of Cstring and then init it like this: > m_DepID=L"" ,what is the L means; > > Thanks! > > Note, that there a...

Questions about COUNT ??
I have a column of figures that has both postivie and negative numbers. -Is there a function that will tell me how many positive numbers there are and how many negative numbers there are? -Is there a function that will actually add only the positive numbers as a sum and only the negative numbers as a sum? thanks to all for the help . . =COUNTIF(A:A,">0") =COUNTIF(A:A,"<0") =SUMIF(A:A,">0") =SUMIF(A:A,"<0") -- HTH Bob Phillips "rs" <r_schiller@REMOVEcomcast.net> wrote in message news:Q6adnYvuzeb3enfcRVn-pg@...

URGENT!# Virus question??
I'm running ClamXav on my microsoft folder and it is identifying a problem in my main identity: Exploit.HTML.ObjectData FOUND and is quarantining my data base... Apparently these were attached to emails from some WIN users, but it is moving my whole database out. What should I do about this?? Jeff ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Jefferis Peterson, Pres. Web Design and Marketing http://www.PetersonSales.com Hi Jeff- I am not familiar with ClamXav from a usage standpoint, so I don't know what to tell you other than to contact whatever support network the developer may offer. Even though it is affec...

SPAM? Newbie Question
How can I tell if my Exhange Server (2003 SP1) has been taken over? I have confirmed that the server is not relaying, but I still have some curious connections to remote ips that I cannot confirm as legitimate. It appears as though illegitimate connections are being created from within. We only have a few machines on the domain and all appear to be free of viruses. What should I look for if I believe my server is sending out spam? I know this is a broad topic but if there are some obvious places to look I would greatly appreciate the pointers. Thanks! Scott Landers on the SMTP virtual serv...

MDI design question #2
Hello, I am to build a new MDI application using MFC. Its look will be like Outlook2003 (with the shortcut pane on the left: Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, etc.). There is one huge different between my applicaiton's look to Outlook's: I'll have only 3 mini applications (like Mail, Contacts, Tasks etc.): Projects, Screens and Automation. As you can guess each one of them will be a DocTemplate. The projects will be a ListView - no problem. The automation will be a ListView - no problem. The screens Doc Template applicaiton is my serious problem. As you can understand the Screens M...

distribution list question #3
How does a user create a DL so that when the recipients view the email they do not see everyone's name, but rather just see the DL Name? I know there is way to do this because I get emails like this all the time from other users. TIA! These are mailenabled distributiongroups created on the mailserver itself. Groups within the Contacts folder are expanded before sending because the group itself doesn't have an e-mail address. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows...

Simple question #4
How do I determine what the incoming and outgoing server address on my Exchange Server, running in Windows 2000. not certain what you're asking...can you elaborate? "Joseph Scalise" <jscalise@advantageccs.org> wrote in message news:OhbBbEL2EHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How do I determine what the incoming and outgoing server address on my > Exchange Server, running in Windows 2000. > > Thanks for the reply Susan. I am having trouble configuring Outlook Express on my computer to work with my Exchange Server. I can recieve incoming mail but canno...

Exchange 2003 Backup Questions
My company recently migrated from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 and since then my backups have been taking around 12 hours which is unacceptable. Currently I am using Veritas Backup Exec v10 w/ the Exchange plugin and I am curious if I need to be backing up both the Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes and Public folders as well as the Microsoft Information Store. Will backing up one or the other impact the total time it takes to complete the backup and will only backing up one impact the restore process. Thanks in advance, DH You may be doing a brick level backup as well which is not rec...

Simple question on cookies for Vista
How do you enable cookies in Vista? Thanks, Roy. "Roy Orida" <rorida2001@rogers.com> wrote in message news:B56CC819-AF39-4832-85A7-9FC2D9C9E750@microsoft.com... > How do you enable cookies in Vista? Thanks, Roy. You enable them under Options in Internet Explorer, and you probably need Administrator permissions to do so. Your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP Free MS-Access downloads: http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/acces...

Optimizing MS Money 2004 DLX Questions
Currently have US Money 2004 DLX and want to go through the arduous task of optimizing my 30MB mny file beyond the automatic Money tool. Anyone with experience, please comment below. Background - Checkbook and CC entries back to 1993. Family of 4 since 1998 and before that just my wife and I. About 30MB of file size. Everything that I do is currently in Money. Have gone through 3 or 4 versions prior to 2004. Reason - Currently no problems, but I'd like to optimize file size at this point before it gets larger. I feel that I am an experience user, but because of past inexperi...

OWA/Exchange lockout question
Is there any way of stopping someone that knows my username from deliberately locking out my account by using OWA to repeatedly entering a spurious password until it the account is locked out. I know i can set lockout times to say 15 minutes but is there anything else i can do? Does anyone else do anything to get around this problem? TIA On 18 Aug 2006 01:41:31 -0700, "matchbox" <george.taylor@hants.gov.uk> wrote: >Is there any way of stopping someone that knows my username from >deliberately locking out my account by using OWA to repeatedly entering >a spurious p...

reduce the size of Exchange 2003 database questions please.
Running Exchange 2003 and Windows Server 2003 enterprise My exchange database keeps growing and growing. I’m regularly running maintenance jobs, purging mailboxes and figuring out ways to shrink the database. Can someone explain to me why the database grows when I’m stilling removing mailboxes as needed and doing maintenace? I know I can run eseutil to shrink and defrag the database but I hear a lot of horror stories about running this tool. Another alternative but I want to ask the experts about is what if I decided to create another blank database and move all the mailboxes to ...

Threading issues and question
I have a .Net service that processes messages contained in disk files using 1 or more threads. We run this on a server with 4 CPUs. We allow it to have up to 8 active threads processing messages from a synchronized blocking queue. The threads are long-running custom threadpool threads. Each thread can be in one of several states - running, suspended, stopping, stopped. These are logical states and not the states associated with the actual ThreadState property of the thread. We use AutoResetEvents to manage them. The service is scheduled using an Alarm component that reads its sc...

general question on secure email
using exchange 2k sp3 and mostly outlook 2k clients internally. 1) to use secure email (signed and encrypted) is there seperate setups for internal recipients as opposed to external (outsite my exchange org) recipients? 2) even if there are 2 ways available is there 1 way that works for both internal and external recipients? 3) I have my own windows 2000 CA setup as an Enterprise CA. Should I be using the 'user' or the 'exchange user' template when requesting certificates for users to be used for secure email? Or, do I need to be using a Stand Alone CA as opposed to the Enterp...

Countif across ranges question.
Good Evening All, Any assistance on this would be gratefully received. I have a sample worksheet as follows; Coulmn A is 'text', B,is 'number', formula driven from data source in another worksheet. A B 1 X 1 2 Y 1 3 Z 4 Y 1 5 X 1 6 X 1 7 X 8 Y 1 I would like the function to count the number of X's in Column A, only if there is a value in the corresponding cell in Column B. ie. In this instance: Count should...

Graphing question #2
Hello, How do I extrapolate a graph which do not have a formula for the graph? At the end of the graph, I found that I don't have enough data and would want to have a longer graph? -- wenlianglo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wenlianglo's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=161 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=71554 Hi, You might also consider 1. Adding a Trendline to the chart and then choosing the trendline and telling it to show forward some number of periods. Alternat...

Context Menu Over ListCtrl Question
Hi, I have a list control usually with several entries. I am trying to implement a context menu that will either delete the selected entry or clear all the entries. My main problem is that I can create the context menu and it comes up, but it comes up everywhere on the form and I want it to come up only when right clicked over the listview. (And then I have to check if and which item is selected ...) The code I'm using seems to work anywhere on the dialog. How can I limit the popup menu to only work when over the list control? Thanks very much... Tony C. ...

Money 2004 question #3
When I backup my file to a cd, it somehow doesn't save it on my desktop. It erases all my data (?). So when I go back in the next time, it's like I have never used Money. I have to restore everything from my backup file. If I don't back up, it is there like before. No problems. Try doing a search on your hard drive for *.mny, and when it finds the file double click it. It may not be up to date, so you may have to restore a backup. Bob <tbudaus@aol.com> wrote in message news:335f01c3e2ac$b6ea5a50$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I backup my file to a cd, it somehow d...