Ex2003 Offline Defrags

Simple question: can you defrag multiple stores simultaneously using mutiple
instances of ESEUTIL on the same server? Will it hurt anything?

Thanks.
0
AdamFazio (9)

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 10:03:04 -0700, "Adam Fazio"
<AdamFazio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Simple question: can you defrag multiple stores simultaneously using mutiple
>instances of ESEUTIL on the same server? Will it hurt anything?
>
>Thanks.

You're best not to since attempting to do two stores at the same time
would increase the overall time. Do one at a time. The last thing you
need are two stores going west.
It's not big and it's not clever.

0
mark7219 (5666)
10/21/2004 6:32:25 PM
"Adam Fazio" <AdamFazio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Simple question: can you defrag multiple stores simultaneously using mutiple
>instances of ESEUTIL on the same server?

Maybe in different storage groups, but I don't thnk you're going to do
that within the same storage group.

>Will it hurt anything?

If it runs, probably not. But I'm not sure that the time to defrag two
concurrently wouldn't be longer than the time it takes to defrag e'm
serially.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Ex2003 Wierd Problem
Our Organization LAN network infrastructure is as follows. 1] One server running windows server2003, DC,DNS,DHCP & Ex2003 sp2 2] Another server running ISA 2004 with OWA, RPC/HTTP rules to allow users access from the internet. We have a POP account hosted at our service providers end & on our Exchange server we use a POP connector to download mails from the internet to our exchange server. We had this setup running without any problem for years, but since a few days ago the following is happening. When certain users send a email to certain other users {not all) the email is del...

Downloading all (also custom) fields to Offline Address Book
The offline address book does not download all fields, especially any custom fields that might have been setup. How can we define what fields are downloaded to the offline address book? Regards Jacques Offline Address Book is an Exchange function, not an Outlook one. Post in microsoft.public.exchange.admin for more help with customizing it. Jacques wrote: > The offline address book does not download all fields, especially any > custom fields that might have been setup. How can we define what > fields are downloaded to the offline address book? > > Regards > Jacques ...

mailbox manager not processing mailboxes? (Ex2003)
Hi there, not sure if my exchange server is processing mailboxes correctly.. The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2004-01-14 17:13:50 Completed at: 2004-01-14 17:13:50 Mailboxes processed: 0 Messages moved: 0 Size of moved messages: 0.00 KB Deleted messages: 0 Size of ...is the mail I get daily. I get no errors or warnings logged in the eventlog. Has anyone else seen the same thing? I had a quick look on google and on the knowledge base, but could find nothing pertaining to Exchange2003. TIA Dave Did you already create a Mailbox...

OL2003 opening and running in offline mode frequently...
I have a few users who have a problem where outlook frequently starts in offline mode, once they uncheck work offline it works as expected, but with these 3 users it is very frequently defaulting to offline mode even though their laptops are docked and connected to the network. It remains offline even though these users are browsing the net, using the file server and remote databases at the same time, it doesn't go to connected unless you manually uncheck work offline. ....Anyway to keep this from happening with them? Thanks! Scott Do you have their laptops set to automaticall...

Ex2000 and Ex2003 on same network
Thank-you in advance for any assistance you can share. Currently: I have a windows domain with Exchange 2000 server and separate Avaya Unified Messenger (old version) and Faxination (old version) servers thus giving my users email, fax and voicemail in their exchange mailbox. Would like to upgrade to Exchange 2003 but that would break UM and Faxination. Is it possible (or maybe there is a different way to accomplish this) to: set up a separate Exchange 2003 server and change my mx records to point to it so all internet email goes there. Also set forward all messages coming in to th...

BE9.1 - ex2003
Hi, I have used the RSG many times before, but this is when the restore is from a full backup. We have recently changed to full/diff, if i restore to the RSG by selecting the last full/diff jobs, will this work ok? I want to ensure that there wont be a problem with the transaction logs from the proper storage group. Matthew On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 18:03:17 -0000, "Matthew M \(UK\)" <mattee76@newsgroup.nospam> wrote: >Hi, > >I have used the RSG many times before, but this is when the restore is from >a full backup. We have recently changed to full/diff, if i re...

Offline folder synchronization fails
Outlook 2002 on Windows 2000 Prof fails on synchronizing offline folders. Error code is 0x80004005. It doesn't matter what i try to synchronize. At first it looks that it is working, but very slowly and then it gives me this errormessage. The particular items doesn't contain many messages (about 20 small mails). Have you asked your Exchange admin to look at this? The problem is on the server....if they do a google search for that error code they'll get a lot of hits. Rob wrote: > Outlook 2002 on Windows 2000 Prof fails on synchronizing > offline folders. Error code is ...

outlook is offline when my computer is online.
Outlook dont send mail outlook is off line when my computer is online. "maysam" <maysam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:983D049C-087F-41F9-B909-1C2D2370386C@microsoft.com... > Outlook dont send mail > outlook is off line when my computer is online. This is for EXCEL, as in the title. Post to an OUTLOOK group. ...

POP is failing with EX2003
Hi, I am having problems with my users that use pop3 with exchange 2003....they can't not receive their emails. It gives them a time out everytime they try to receive there mail. everyone who is using exchange and not pop3 do not have that problem. If they go on the weboutlook they do not have any problems to retreive there emails. HOw can I resolve this issue. What happens when you telnet into the pop3 port on the Exchange server? "Blondie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:838401c431f1$ac7b7d30$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > >...

Changing ex2003 public store SMTP address
I have recently been required to change the SMTP address that one of our public folder stores use. I have changed the primary SMTP address of the store a few days ago and from what I can tell it is still sending out mail (replication) as the old address and getting mail destined to the old address. What do I need to do in order to get the public store to use the new SMTP address for replication? Best regards, Steven On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:33:33 -0800, "Steven" <spresley@qualcomm.com> wrote: >I have recently been required to change the SMTP address that one of ou...

Folder Redirection & Offline Files
I have recently enabled folder redirection for My Documents. I noticed after I first did this Offline Files would become enabled the first time I logged on to a PC on the domain. And I'd have to manually turn it off. I found a KB that was supposed to fix that problem; under User Configuration>Administrative Templates>Network>Offline Files, I enabled the policy for "Do not automatically make redirected folders available offline". But it still turns on Offline Files the first time I login to a PC. Is there another way to disable that, one that works? Th...

replicate Public folders from Ex2003 to Ex2003 in the same domain
I am trying to replicate my Public Folders from our old Exchange 2003 server to a new Exchange 2003 server. I can move the mailboxes with no problems, but the public folders will not replicate from the old server to the new one. If I create a new public folder on the new server, it replicates to the old server with no problem. The 2 servers are in the same domain, but one is located in a different state. We have a WAN setup between the 2 offices. The old exchange server is a domain controller and the new one is not. I have a separate server that is a Domain controller and all AD functio...

Outlook Client will not go Offline
Hi I know that there have been numerous posts regarding this issue, but I can't seem to find a resolution to this particular one, it has only happened on one customer site: Installed MSCRM 1.2 server - great - went like a dream. Installed Sales for Outlook on a W2K client with Office 2000 SR1 SP3 and the required hot fix - Also installed without a problem. When outlook is fired up it is in an online state and can see the MSCRM server data OK. When you attempt to go offline, the following error is given: 'You do not have sufficient permissions or access rights to perform this acti...

Missing DIFF file from Exchange 2003 Offline Address Book
Exchange 2000 SP1 Offline Address Book issues 1. It was discovered during client OAB download "...0b (11) At least one ..diff file was missing from the server..." Will OAB Rebuild fix this problem? 2. Are there actual (NTFS) files that contain OAB differential files? Where are they stored? I notice an OU in Active Directory for OAB 3. Is it possible to view the OAB download size from daily differential? Via Outlook logging "Tools.Options.Other tab.Advanced Options.tick Enable logging" 4. Once a rebuild of OAB in item 1 is complete, is a full OAB download happening ...

how to delete/remove table Ex2003
I have searched the help files but can not locate how to remove a 'table' defined in the 'Name Box' ? can someone help... Thanks, Tim R If you want to delete the "name" goto insert>name>define>delete -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "TimR" <trinaz@cox.net> wrote in message news:eyqIZX0NGHA.344@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I have searched the help files but can not locate how to remove a 'table' > defined in the 'Name Box' ? can someone help... > > Thanks, Tim R > > ...

Outlook 2003 OAB Offline Address Book
Platform: Windows XP SP2 Outlook 2003 Exchange 2007 SP1 We originally thought the offline address book was not updating however this is not the case. It seems as if there are multiple “domain.com all” address under the All Address Lists and only one of them are updating against the GAL. I have tried deleting the *.oab files to have the address book rebuilt without sucess. Any thoughts how to remove the “domain.com all” that is not updating? Thanks Chris Hi, this newsgroup is for Office for Mac. Please repost your question in a newsgroup that deals with Office for Windows; while th...

Offline database synch issues
All, I am having major issues getting the offline database to synch up with the live system. The synch speeds through way too fast (only about 1-2 sec) and when I go offline, I have no Items, no Tender Types, no anything. Here is what I have done: Took the machine I intend to use offline and disabled the Windows Firewall, uninstalled AV, and created a blank database using the RMSdb.bck file in SO Admin. The user logged in is an Admin but I still granted the user full permissions in HLKM/Software/Microsoft/Retail Management System/Store Operations/POSUser. Configured the offlive and...

Insert an item into the Outlook client offline database
Is this possible? If yes. Any pointers? Regards Martin Hi Martin. Hint, add it to replication on the server ;) Mike "Martin Croome" <nomartinsppl@socketnodotspcompl> wrote in message news:uPWgIHG3DHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Is this possible? If yes. Any pointers? > > Regards > > Martin > > ...

problems synchronizing for offline viewing
Anyone know what the problem is? Tried synchronizing on another laptop and it went through (2002 outlook), but on the 2000 outlook sp1, doesn't go. used to work. 11:50:15 Synchronizing Hierarchy 11:50:16 Synchronizing Favorites 11:50:16 Synchronizing Folder 'Inbox' 12:00:02 Error synchronizing folder 12:00:02 [80040102-501-0-550] 12:00:02 The client operation failed. 12:00:02 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store 12:00:02 For more information on this failure, click the URL below: 12:00:02 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_u s.asp?...

Offline synchronization started automatically only on one share
In one domain enviroment, on the same Windows 2003 server I created two share folders and all turned on Offline Files. I didn't do folder redirection to those two shares. On windows XP client, I didn't do any change in Synchronization Manager. I found that offline synchronization happened on one share when user logged out. I want to keep the Offline Synchronization enabled on both of two shares, but turn off auto synchronization on clients, give the administrator right to turn on synch to a few users. I know there is an option "Enable Offline File" in Of...

How can I host multiple domain with single EX2003?
Dear all, As titled... Should I configure the server to bind another IP address to host another domain??? If yes, it's undoubtable to waste IP address.... Please help, thanks.... You mean multiple SMTP domains? If so, check out this article, which applies to E2k3 as well: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Keith Ko" <Unavailable@127.in-addr.arpa> wrote in message news:uB3Yl9w5DHA.360@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Dear all, As titled... > > Should ...

multiple journal mailboxes ex2003
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could provide any input on why you would consider having multiple journal mailboxes, in a scenario that requires journaling. The reasons I can think of are: 1. Geographic dispertion of exchange servers, seperated by slow WAN links 2. A single journal mailbox on a dedicated server not having the processing power to handle all journaled messages. Thanks, James Your WAN links would have to be saturated or you would have to have a large volume for this to be a real issue. Of course you would probably want to make sure the journaling mailbox was close to t...

Offline Address Book Error #3
We have recently introduced an Exchange 2003 server to replace our original Exchange 2000 box. However the Offlince Address Book is not working correctly. The following error message appears in the Event Log at the time whne the daily scheduled rebuild of the address book occurs: 07/10/2004 11:00:46 MSExchangeSA Warning OAL Generator 9116 N/A DSSVR6 "OALGen encountered an error while generating the changes.oab file for differential downloads of address list '\Global Address List'. Clients will not be able to incrementally update to the new version of the offline addr...

Outlook and Offline Files
I have a wireless network set up in my home. I have a desktop and a laptop connected to it. My .pst file resides on my desktop. I have set up Offline Files on my laptop so that I can access my desktop .pst and make the file available on the laptop if I'm out of range with the laptop or not connected to the network. However, when I'm not connected to the network, and I try to run Outlook on the laptop, Outlook gives me an error saying it can't connect to the .pst on the desktop and then closes down. It doesn't give me the option to work offline with the Offline File ...

Ex2003 with Win2003
Hi, I get an error during the backup with 'ntbackup': Event Type: Error Event Source: ESE Event Category: Logging/Recovery Event ID: 214 User: N/A Computer: dddd Description: Information Store (3592) First Storage Group: The backup has stopped with error -521. This error means Error -521 = 0xfffffdf7 = 4294966775 = JET_errInvalidBackupSequence I have checked the knownledge base. But there is no solution (I have no virus scannerm, I don't use a third party backup. Anbody a hint? Thanks Eric "Eric" <fish11@earthling.net> wrote: >I get an error during th...