Everyone Group #2

I migrated from NT 4.0 to 2003 I had a 5.5 exchange server and I migrated to
2003, my issue is all my users can open each others email boxes. I have
looked at the mailbo rights in exchange and the Everyone group is listed with
full acess. How can I change this?

0
JamesM (26)

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 07:59:05 -0700, "James M"
<JamesM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I migrated from NT 4.0 to 2003 I had a 5.5 exchange server and I migrated to
>2003, my issue is all my users can open each others email boxes. I have
>looked at the mailbo rights in exchange and the Everyone group is listed with
>full acess. How can I change this?

Where were you looking, ADU&C or ESM?

0
mark7219 (5666)
9/18/2004 4:19:53 PM
I am looking in the ADU&C

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 07:59:05 -0700, "James M"
> <JamesM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I migrated from NT 4.0 to 2003 I had a 5.5 exchange server and I migrated to
> >2003, my issue is all my users can open each others email boxes. I have
> >looked at the mailbo rights in exchange and the Everyone group is listed with
> >full acess. How can I change this?
>
> Where were you looking, ADU&C or ESM?

0
JamesM (26)

CRM 1.2 Demo License problem
I've installed CRM v1.2 DEMO on a stand-alone server according to the implementation guide - it took me two tries to get it to come up in ie. When I run the Deployment manager and try to add the license I get the "invalid license key" error message. It shows me as the system admin but with no license. I can't add any other logins and can't do anything else because of this, I guess. The only thing I can determine that I am missing could be Windows 2000 hotfix Q320211, but I do have SP4 installed and am unsure if this hotfix is included in sp4. I also have .NET...

First routing group
We have a front end and a back end server topology. What does the first routing group do? Will both servers send email or does the back end server do this only? I cannot find much info on what the first routing group actually does when there is a front end back end server topology. Should both servers be sending receiving mail> Hi a routing group is to group servers together that have a relyable high bandwith connection if you want to set message size, time frame, permissions on a route between exchange servers then you would group them in different routing groups. thats for the &q...

Change or hide Form Group Box outline
Can I change the color of the Group Box outline. It is currently black, and I would want it white so it is invisible, or gray if I use a gray background. I am using it in XL2003 to put 2 Option buttons in. Thanks, Tonso You'll have to use VBA to make the groupbox invisible. activesheet.groupboxes.visible = false will work for a small (whatever that means) number of groupboxes. But if you have lots, you can use: dim GBX as groupbox for each GBX in activesheet.groupboxes gbx.visible = false next gbx On 01/09/2012 08:26, Tonso wrote: > Can I change the color of the Group Box o...

Grouping #3
I have a spreadsheet with several groupings. I would like to identify the group by hovering over the + and have a screen tip appear. Is this possible? TIA ray ...

Allow everyone send to group
Where in Exchange or AD do I give certain permission to others to be able to send to a particular group (could be whole company)? Thx Open up the properties of the Distribution List in Active Directory Users and Computers, go to the Exchange General Tab, and then set your options under Message Restrictions. >-----Original Message----- >Where in Exchange or AD do I give certain permission to others to be able to >send to a particular group (could be whole company)? Thx > > >. > ...

NDR messages #2
Hi, i have 2 exchange server server A -- Nt4sp5 with exch 5,5sp4 no mailboxes , no public folders , imc running (dns cost 20) server b -- W2k with exch 5,5sp4 all mailboxes , no public folders , imc running (dns cst 10) i moved all mailboxes from a to B so that server A is only used for IMC the problem i got is -- all internet mail from outside goies to server B but it sends a ndr for unresolve mail to server A with no originator . Result , i have 1500 mail pending in outbound qtueue every day !! why is it going to server A ?? ( i want to remove server A ) thanks !! Sounds ...

Pivot Table field settings #2
How can I change the default settings in the field settings? I want it to SUM instead of COUNT. I am having to change multiple fields one at a time. Thanks. You can't change the default settings for the data fields. If a field contains blank cells, or cells with text, it will default to COUNT. Otherwise, it will SUM. You could change existing data fields with a macro: '========================= Sub PivotSumData() 'changes data fields to SUM Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As PivotField For Each pt In ActiveSheet.PivotTables For Each pf In pt.DataFields pf.Function = xlSum ...

Grouping/ungrouging problem
I have several rows which give me the totals of information in other sheets. Let's put it graphically: This is my main sheet: _____________________________________ : Type 1 Type 2 : Category A 50 40 : Category B 20 10 : -------------------- : TOTAL 70 50 : :____________/ Sheet 1 - Totals \____________ The information of the different categories come from sheets like this: _____________________________________ : Date Type 1 Type 2 : xx/xx/xx 15 ...

how to in Excell #2
I want to convert 212 seconds to mn:sec format in Excell ...

Sorting #2
Using MS Excel XP SP2 on a WIN XP Pro SP1 machine. Trying to sort a 1700 row by 90 column list, by two columns. The directions in help say to select a cell in the list, then go to <data> <sort> then select which columns I want to sort by. When I do this, the only response I get is a message that says, "this operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized". I'm not trying to merge, I'm trying to sort the whole list by two columns, There are column headers in row 5. If I select a whole column and try to sort, only that column rearranges itself. If...

How to print a greet. card from Publisher on a 2-side card stock?
Publisher has a pre-set printing option for greeting cards to print on an A-4 paper. How can I change it so it sould print on a regular two-sided card stock size 5.5"x 8.5"? Thanks Booklet setup on letter size stock. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CLX" <CLX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B45E658D-EB23-4365-A82E-33CA1D71EC9B@microsoft.com... > Publisher has a pre-set printing option for greeting cards to print on an A-4 > paper. How can I change it so it sould print...

Mailbox Backup 2 do or not 2 do !!
Hi I have always run Veritas to backup mailboxes but have read lately that some people advise that it isn't necessary to backup individual mailboxes. On smaller customers we are using NT Backup, are we missing individual mailbox restore abilities on smaller sites or just wasting tape space and time on larger sites ? thanks http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm wayne wrote: > Hi I have always run Veritas to backup mailboxes but have > read lately that some people advise that it isn't > necessary to backup individual mailboxes. On smaller > customers we are using N...

cannot delete recovery storage group
I get the following error when I try to delete a database in the recovery storage group. One or more users currently use this mailbox store. These users must be moved to a different mailbox store or be mail disabled before deleting this store. ID no: c1034a7f Exchange System Manager Why would I get this message? All the mailboxes in this database are in the disconnected state and they are not the real mailboxes that the users are using. thanks for the help Kevin hmmm...that's weird...have you done a search in AD for any user who might have the store in the RSG listed as their ...

cstring #2
Hello, need some help with the code below CString strMessage; strMessage = "Error code " + sock.GetLastError(); (GetLastError returns an int.) The actual number returned by GetLastError() isnt added to the cstring variable. Why is that ? Earl, Try this instead CString strMessage; strMessage.Format(_T("Error code %d"), sock.GetLastError()); -- Bjarne Nielsen "earl" <b@email.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:4007e7b9$1@news.broadpark.no... > Hello, need some help with the code below > > CString strMessage; > strMessage = "Error code ...

Shared calendar not same for everyone
Problem example: The moderator enters a vacation or out of town time for Thursday through Saturday. It shows up fine on the moderators, but on some other computers it shows up as Thursday Through Sunday. We have a shared moderated calendar set up in a public folder. There is one main person who approves and adds events. And a few other secretaries with access to edit it. Everyone can view it. The problem is that the calendar shows up differently on different people's machines. I "think" it might have to do with the all day events. The appointments that show up incorrectl...

adress news group for football
hi please adress news group for football Outlook can't play football. "test" <mali_khajeh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e4RevEKXKHA.3404@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... : hi : : please : : adress news group for football : : test wrote: > hi > > please > > adress news group for football You don't capitalize, punctuate, form grammatically correct sentences, or even pose a question. Stick with your Gameboy. Outlook doesn't do newsgroups. You posted here using Outlook EXPRESS. Ask in its newsgroup (microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general) on h...

Why aren't my posts shown in the group?
I posted a reply to a guy named Peter about his tooltip problem in an MDI application and the system said "Post successful", but I never saw my message on the board. Can anyone explain that to me? On 30 May 2007 08:05:33 -0700, sschipper@islinc.com wrote: >I posted a reply to a guy named Peter about his tooltip problem in an >MDI application and the system said "Post successful", but I never saw >my message on the board. Can anyone explain that to me? We can read this message... It seems all right... MrAsm On May 30, 11:05 am, sschip...@islinc.com wrote: >...

Group By Conversation
Hi All, Client: Outlook 2000 I am following several mailing lists for various open-source projects, but = seem to be having trouble with viewing the message, and following the conversation. I can't seem to tell Outlook to group the messages by Subject, but = ignoring the "FW:" or "RE:" tags at the start. I read somewhere about the "Conversation" field, = but it doesn't appear to work for all messages. Most messages have the "Conversation" = field equal to the "Subject" field, which means it includes the "Re:"/"Fw:"...

how do i semi-lock a group of cells to allow lookups formula...
how do i semi-lock a group of cells to allow lookups formulas without allowing user changes Do you mean you want to be able to reference these cells in lookup formulas contained in other cells? If so, leaving these cells locked (Format | Cells | Protection), and then Protecting the Sheet (from teh Tools Menu) should be enough. You may want to make sure you have Select Locked and Select Unlocked Cells Checked, if a list of Protection Options pops up (Excel 2002 and later). tj "quander" wrote: > how do i semi-lock a group of cells to allow lookups formulas without > allo...

Groups dying
Seems that since Microsoft dropped the groups, postings are very slim. Real shame, able to fix a lot of problems over the last 14-15 years, because of the knowledge I picked up in newsgroups. ...

About IE7 and group policy issues
To close IE7 how in the group strategy the privacy report. Because has it to have me to visit the partial websites to be able to leave wrongly (e.g.: http://www.kaixin001.com), I input the user name and the password, cannot register. To me do not say that establishes in the IE toolbar, I need to establish in the group strategy. Thought that the master prays for rescue. wenlepan wrote: > To close IE7 how in the group strategy the privacy report. Because has it to > have me to visit the partial websites to be able to leave wrongly (e.g.: > http://www.kaixin001.com), ...

Printing #2
I have a worksheet with a single column of data (dvd list). How can I get it to print 2 or 3 columns to a page? "Al" <calldpi@tds.net> wrote in message news:43a0268d_1@newspeer2.tds.net... > I have a worksheet with a single column of data (dvd list). How can I get > it to print 2 or 3 columns to a page? Think Jim Cone has a nice Excel add-in "Side by Side" which could help you. Try this post for details on how to reach Jim: http://tinyurl.com/9dwlv Another play to try is to re-arrange the single source col into several side-by-side cols (then we could s...

disclaimer question #2
Does anyone one know how to add a disclaimer to all emails outbound?? We have Ad 2003 with 2003 exchange Like any registry settings and GP push out anything beside 3rd party utilities "Kidem" <jmartina42@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eXfEX0s7GHA.3280@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Does anyone one know how to add a disclaimer to all emails outbound?? We > have Ad 2003 with 2003 exchange > > Like any registry settings and GP push out anything beside 3rd party > utilities There is only one way to do it without a 3rd-party addon, but it doesn't work for mes...

Date Format turn to Year #2
From: learning_codes@hotmail.com - view profile Date: Thurs, Nov 16 2006 9:24 pm Email: "learning_co...@hotmail.com" <learning_co...@hotmail.com> Groups: microsoft.public.excel Not yet ratedRating: show options Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Remove | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author Hi, I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years later. =3DYear(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. Your help would be much apprecated...

everyone gets everyone's name w distribution list
I have a "distribution list" which I use to email various kinds of messages. When I send a message, each person who receives it also gets the email addresses of all the other people on the list. How can I avoid this? thanks for any help, Huck Rorick Use the BCC field. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Huck Rorick asked: | I have a "d...