Event sink registration for SMTP virtual server failed. (80070005 (Access is denied.) )

My setup:
Windows 2003 AD (2 domain controllers)
Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server (I'll call it
main-server.domain.com)
Exchange 5.5 on a Windows 2000 server (used to have all the mailboxes,
but they have been moved to main-server.domain.com)
Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2000 server (call it front-end.domain.com)

The front end server is getting the error messages in the event log
every 3 minutes:
"Event sink registration for SMTP virtual server /LM/SMTPSVC/1 failed.
Error code is 80070005 (Access is denied.). "

I am using a firewall, and the front end server is in a DMZ, open for
web services and SMTP. The other servers are all on the internal,
private-IP-addressed LAN. All incoming mail hits the front-end server
and is sent back to the main Exch. 2003 server. Our primary email
addresses (I'll call them @main.domain.com) are receiving email fine.
We also host another email domain in the same Exch. site (call it
@other.domain.com). I set up the recipient policy to allow the
@other.domain.com to receive email (making sure to check the box that
specifies that "This Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail
delivery to this address"). If I telnet into main-server.domain.com on
port 25, I can send mail to either domain just fine. If I do the same
on front-end.domain.com, when I try to send mail to an address on
@other.domain.com, I get "relaying denied".

Any suggestions? I have uninstalled and reinstalled Exchange on the
front end server a couple of times now. Why am I getting this "Access
is denied" error in the event logs?

- Jason

0
jlapier (2)

is there a way to modify notes in outlook web access 2003?
In OWA notes appear as a post. Is there a setting I need to change? ...

Printing Private events/appts. on Calendars
A while ago I asked about how to stop Outlook printing private appointments or events in the calendars. Someone said to check "don't print private events" in the print screen which I did. Anyway, the calendar that gets printed, in the day that there is a private event it says "Private Event". How do I stop it from printing them altogether? I want it to appear on the calendar as nothing. ie. if there is only that event then the calendar should appear with no events for that day. Thanks ...

OnLoad event criteria
If have the code below in the OnLoad event which is working fine for the most part. The second line is causing a problem for cases where there is no matching record. The code is setting the value - I'd like to have it check the value first, and if it matches the value for the related field in the current form recordset, set the value, otherwise just open the form without setting the value. If CurrentProject.AllForms("AllOpen").IsLoaded Then Me.Combo1 = Forms!AllOpen!ID ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object Set rs ...

failed upgrade-old excel data wont open
Tried to download the 2003 Office Professional XP upgrade for an older version of office. Didn't work and nowwhen I try to open any excel function, the installer begins, asks for disks (which I don't have) cancels and blocks access to all of my existing excell data and to my old excel program. Any help??? If you have XP you can restore to a previously stable time! That may fix your problem? Cheers from North Yorkshire UK John "Occam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ad5701c4888e$d9cd23d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Tried to download t...

Error in Event Viewer event id 1023 pop3 connector, 1029, 1036, 10
Hello Exchange Administrators, I am getting these Error in Event Viewer "event id 1023 pop3 connector, 1029, 1036, 1015, 1019, 1015" on regular basis after every 15 min for every user. I need yours help to fix these errors. Also tell me why these error are logged in event viewer or cause of these errors We are using WIndoes 2003 SBS, Exchange Server 2003. Thanks you for yours help in advance. On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 11:11:01 -0700, Guri <Guri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello Exchange Administrators, > >I am getting these Error in Event Viewer "event id 1...

leave mail on server
I have one Exchange 5.5 server in office. When I'm using Outlook 2000 to receive email from home, I select the option 'Leave a copy of messages on server' under 'Advanced' in mail account settings. When I back to office, of course the message is still there - but all are new 'unread' messages; though I've 'read' them at home. Is there a way I can do on exchange server? So all the messages I've read at home will be marked as read when I open my outlook in office. Thanks. --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system ...

cannot "reply to" or "forward" messages in OWA (outlook web access)
My OWA (outlook web access) functioned well, but now I cannot "reply to" or "forward" email messages. I now need to "compose" a new email, which I am able to send. Any suggestions are appreciated...Thank you, tom Do you have any type of pop-up stopper installed? (e.g. Google toolbar) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to recent events in spam and malicious programs, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Tom McRay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76c501c3e875$fcb53ea0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > M...

deleting events in calender
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I have inadvertently imported a weekly event into my calender. Each event seems to be logged as an individual event rather than a repeat event. I do not know how to delete it. Am trying, unsuccessfully, to show all events in one window so that I can easily select this irrelevant event, but cant display that window. Can you help me, either showing that elusive window, or how to otherwise delete MANY events. In article <59bb30c6.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, <leaest@officeformac.com> w...

Windows firewall on Exchange 2003 Server
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 (AD integrated) and would like to use the Windows 2003 built-in firewall. What ports do I need to open up? OWA is being used as well. I found the following article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=278339 but am confused on what to open. Below is an example: Protocol: LDAP Port (TCP/UDP): 389 (TCP) Do I open both TCP and UDP or just TCP since it specifies that next to the por number. Thanks Here's an article to assist. Try the Security Configuration Wizard (SCW). http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Protecting-Exchange-2003-Windows-Firewall.html "b...

Starting Access 2007 won't start and gives the following msg ...
I am trying to run Access 2007 to create a simple database for my home business. When I open Access on my system (laptop running XP Pro, version 2002, SP3) I get the following dialog. "A problem occurred while Microsoft Office Access was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX Control. Close the OLE server and restart it outside of Microsoft Office Access. Then try the original operation again in Microsoft Office Access." Even though I don't know how to do what the dialog states, Clicking OK doesn't end the program. I need to go to the task manage...

Catch click event button
Hi all, I was wondering... Is it possible to "catch" a click-event on a BuildIn Offie Button? In order to execute your own VBA-code? e.g. I want to be able to catch the "Undo" button in order to execute a piece of macro code in stead of just "Undoing" only the last action. Greetz, Bert -- Neron It is possible to catch ("intercept") most built-in Word commands, as described at http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/InterceptSavePrint.htm. In this case, the macro you need to write is named EditUndo, as in Public Sub E...

Server bounces mail to distribution lists
I have just installed SBS 2k3 and I am having problems sending mail to distribution lists (about 200 recipients). When they are sent, an email is returned from the server listing a whole pile of email addresses that did not receive the mail, and the message: The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system administrator. <brsserver.BRS.local #4.0.0 smtp;452 too many recipients> All external mail is forwarded to an SMTP relay at our ISP, but before Exchange 20...

HTTP 401 Access denied error while callingWhoAmI() method of BizUser
Hello I have CRM up and running on a server and a web application on another. Both the servers are on the same domain. I have integrated my application with CRM using the isv.config file. Now, everything was working ok till I was trying to access my application through CRM from the server where the web application is installed. When I tried doing the same thing through another machine using the same windows login, I get Access Denied error at line Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.CUserAuth oUserAuth = oBizUser.WhoAmI(); The web application has authentication mode set to windows. Anonymous access of...

Access 2000 & 97
I have Access 200 installed & watn to run an old version of Access 97. When I load the program it tell me I do have license for Access 97. I have removed Access 2000 & it still gives me the same message. any ideas? thanks In article <03e801c3d0f1$81837e40$a301280a@phx.gbl>, "RedWineBob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> writes: > >I have Access 200 installed & watn to run an old version of >Access 97. When I load the program it tell me I do have >license for Access 97. I have removed Access 2000 & it >still gives me the same message. a...

4117 Event ID Error
Starting 1-29-04 we started getting 4117 error messages just like those discussed in Micrisoft's Knowledge Base Article 190084. The only thing that arcticle suggests is to update to SP 4 which is already installed on the machine. I have never seen this message before and now we are getting one every few minutes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Sean Seems like you have something else going on then, check out the following articles and see if these help: 126497 XADM: Limiting the Number of Recipients of a Message http://support.microsoft.com/?id=126497 230250 XFOR: Internet ...

Event
I have recorded a macro that I need to automatically run at 6:45am daily. How do I specify this in the code? Everything you need to know about OnTime procedures (but were afraid to ask): http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm You'll need to have excel running for this to work. ===== Some versions of windows have scheduler programs. (Or you can get a freeware/shareware version on the web (www.shareware.com is where I look first.) Then you could have that scheduling program start an excel workbook. If you name the macro Auto_Open, then it'll run when the workbook opens. (But ...

Need Assistance on Exchange 2003
I have Win2k3 on a primary and secondary domain server. I also installed Exchange 2k3 on both servers. I'd like to have redundancy of mailboxes, but when I add a user account/mailbox to the primary server, it resolves to the secondary server and shows up there, but the box actually resides on my C drive (both servers show up in Exchange Sys Admin under First Administrative Group). Now I can move the mailbox over to the primary server, but it is gone from the secondary and I cannot find a way to replicate the mailboxes for redundancy. I think what is happening is that my secondar...

A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook
I have jsut installed OfficeXP pro on WinXP Pro. When I reply to a mail, I get this message: "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you allow this? If this is euexpected, it may be a virus, you should choose no. etc etc." I have tried but to no avial to determine which program is doing that and if it is a valid program. Does anyone has this experience or do anyone know how to find out what program it is that is doing that? Thanks. Outlook 2002 SP3 adds additional properties to the list of those that are affected by the security features...

Exchange 2000 smtp relay still open after applying no relay poperties
I was getting a lot of badmail entries and found that our exchange server had the SMTP relay open. I Used the exchange system manager to go to: Servers; Server1; protocols; SMTP. Then I right click on the default SMTP server and selected properties. I verified that the only allowed addresses that can relay to the default SMTP server are from our private network of 192.167.1.0 subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and the single ip of 127.0.0.1 ( even tried removing both of these and still getting a lot of badmail.) Our 15 users don't send over 100 emails a day so the volume badmail should not be gr...

How to specify UNSIGNED Byte in MS Access?
Hi. I have a MATLAB program that interacts with an MS Access database via MATLAB's "fastinsert" command. In one table, I'm inserting RGB pixel values, so it seemed natural that I'd use the "Byte" field size; however I eventually ran into a problem: I'm not allowed to insert values higher than 127 into the Byte columns! This would make sense if I had specified a signed-byte, but is there even such a thing? The Access documentation states that "Byte" can handle values from 0-255, and I haven't found anything else to explain this. A simple wa...

Event After the sale
Hi to all Is any way to bypass the event that after you complete the sale you get a window with the change in it, in order to go to the next sale you have either hit OK or enter because if you scan an item from that point it does not scan in and it appears to me that you can miss an item from been scanned in any way to fix this issue. Also if you have scan several items into the system and you go to del one item in the middle of the page RMS is loosing its focus and starts to scan into the next line down which deletes the items that have been scanned.I think it should go to the next ...

Additional Exchange 2003 Server #2
We are in the process of moving exchange 2003 server to another server. I have brought the 2d server online and have began testing it. I have move over 1 mailbox to test the connection between the 2 servers. I cannot get send email from server B to server A but I can send email to Server A from B. Server A is the first server that we are replacing Server B is the replacement server. Before i can start this transition, i have to make sure that server B is working correctly and so far i have to say it is not. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to correct this problem? Error message...

SMTP email directly to Pub Folders for 2003 server....
Hello, How do I change the default SMTP email delivery to public folders default to Ipm.note not IPM.post? I just migrated to exchange 2003 and I have several public folder that received outside email. Now when someone emails the folder it shows up as a post not an email. I have read several message here however most resplies reference KB articles. I have read articles 830961, 292484, 817809. I am confused by them. Example article 817809 says wait for the service pack. Well I installed SP1 and it's still the same. This article also says install a hotfix but then it mentions a r...

Recurring event
Is there a way to set a meeting date and have it recurring each month, but not on a certain week or certain date of each month. My meeting happens on a Thursday in each month but not every 2nd, 3rd or 4th Thursday. Some months it is the 3rd Thursday and some it is the 4th Thursday. ...