Event ID: 7010
Date:  12-05-2004
Time:  01:00:07
User:  N/A
Computer: EXGW
This is an SMTP protocol log for virtual server ID 1, connection #122. The
client at "10.192.0.11" sent a "xexch50" command, and the SMTP server
responded with "504 Need to authenticate first  ". The full command sent was
"xexch50 2132 2".  This will probably cause the connection to fail.

Both servers are running Exchange 2003 , are on the same domain and even in
the same site connected trough LAN.
Any ideea why suddenly this message ?
I can not find any information about this event between Exchange 2003
servers.
I can see that the event can appera between EX2000 and EX2003 but never
between 2003 servers and in the same domain.

Any ideea ?

Thank you in advance.

0
jax (3)

This is by design and applies to Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2000 SP4.
XEXCH50 is an Exchange specific extended command that should only be issued
between Exchange machines in the same Organization. If your Exchange 2000
server is internal, and part of the same Organization as the Exchange 2003
server, then it should authenticate before sending the message.

Thanks,
Fitz Crittle

Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup

"GeorgeS" <jax@NOSPAM_evosoft.dk> wrote in message
> Hello.
> I have noticed this event in my log file:
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchangeTransport
> Event Category: SMTP Protocol
> Event ID: 7010
> Date:  12-05-2004
> Time:  01:00:07
> User:  N/A
> Computer: EXGW
> This is an SMTP protocol log for virtual server ID 1, connection #122. The
> client at "10.192.0.11" sent a "xexch50" command, and the SMTP server
> responded with "504 Need to authenticate first  ". The full command sent
> was
> "xexch50 2132 2".  This will probably cause the connection to fail.
> For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
>
> Both servers are running Exchange 2003 , are on the same domain and even
> in
> the same site connected trough LAN.
> Any ideea why suddenly this message ?
> I can not find any information about this event between Exchange 2003
> servers.
> I can see that the event can appera between EX2000 and EX2003 but never
> between 2003 servers and in the same domain.
>
> Any ideea ?
>
> Thank you in advance.

0
fitzcrit (97)
5/12/2004 3:27:48 PM
Yep. I got the ideea.
My servers are in the same organization , both Exchange 2003 , they are on
the same Site and on the same subnet.
One of them holds our mailbox stores and the one that generates the error in
the log files it is used as a smart host for all our exchange servers.
(We have 19 sites in different coutries)
I have also some other Exchange 2003 in the organization but they don't
generate the error.
What is most curious is that both servers are Enerprise edition... can this
affect ?
How can I force the server to authenticate before sending the message ?
Wouldn't this affect different SQL servers , development servers etc that
send mails trough them ??

Let me describe you the setup :
SITE A:
Master Exchange server (Ex2003 Eterprise with IP 10.192.0.11 ) running on
Windows 2000 Server > This uses as smart host EXGW

EXGW (Exchange gateway) (2003 Enterprise  with ip 10.192.0.24) running on
Windows 2003 Server > This distributes the mails

SERVERX (EX 2003 Enterprise with IP 10.192.0.5) running on Windows 2000
Server > This has been earlyer our storage server and since company splited
we have only a few mailboxes on it. This one also uses Smart host EXGW.

I saw that also SERVERX generates the errors but not so often as the Master
probably because not so many mailboxes left on it.

NOTE : BOTH Master and SERVERX have been upgraded from Exchange 2000 to
Exchange 2003 last year. But the error didn't came until a week ago or so
but we haven't noticed it until today.

So how can I get rid of the error ????

"Fitz Crittle [MSFT]" <fitzcrit@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is by design and applies to Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2000 SP4.
> XEXCH50 is an Exchange specific extended command that should only be
issued
> between Exchange machines in the same Organization. If your Exchange 2000
> server is internal, and part of the same Organization as the Exchange 2003
> server, then it should authenticate before sending the message.
>
> Thanks,
> Fitz Crittle

rights.
> Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup
>

> "GeorgeS" <jax@NOSPAM_evosoft.dk> wrote in message
> > Hello.
> > I have noticed this event in my log file:
> >
> > Event Type: Error
> > Event Source: MSExchangeTransport
> > Event Category: SMTP Protocol
> > Event ID: 7010
> > Date:  12-05-2004
> > Time:  01:00:07
> > User:  N/A
> > Computer: EXGW
> > This is an SMTP protocol log for virtual server ID 1, connection #122.
The
> > client at "10.192.0.11" sent a "xexch50" command, and the SMTP server
> > responded with "504 Need to authenticate first  ". The full command sent
> > was
> > "xexch50 2132 2".  This will probably cause the connection to fail.
> > For more information, click
> >
> > Both servers are running Exchange 2003 , are on the same domain and even
> > in
> > the same site connected trough LAN.
> > Any ideea why suddenly this message ?
> > I can not find any information about this event between Exchange 2003
> > servers.
> > I can see that the event can appera between EX2000 and EX2003 but never
> > between 2003 servers and in the same domain.
> >
> > Any ideea ?
> >
> > Thank you in advance.

0
jax (3)
5/12/2004 7:17:43 PM
"Fitz Crittle [MSFT]" <fitzcrit@online.microsoft.com> wrote:

>This is by design and applies to Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2000 SP4.
>XEXCH50 is an Exchange specific extended command that should only be issued
>between Exchange machines in the same Organization. If your Exchange 2000
>server is internal, and part of the same Organization as the Exchange 2003
>server, then it should authenticate before sending the message.

So . . . if I have more than one SMTP Virtual Server on a machine, and
one of them is used only to converse with other SMTP servers that may
be Exchange servers (but aren't part of my organization), how do I
turn off the SMTP servers announcement that the XEXCH50 keyword is an
acceptable thing to use?

IOW, when an 'external' SMTP server says "EHLO" how do I prevent my
server from saying, "sure, you can use XEXCH50" and then rejecting the
attempted use of the advertised keyword?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

If you're still getting these XEXCH50 errors between your servers...its
indicative of a permissions problem somewhere, and the symptoms accompanying
a failure of XEXCH50 can be ugly. I'll suggest a few tips to help you
resolve this problem, but before that I would like you to verify that all
the affected servers are using Windows Integrated Authentication on the
Access|Authentication tab of the SMTP virtual servers.

Rich,

An attempt to use the keyword on an incoming session will not succeed if the
connecting server is out of the org, since authentication is usually
anonymous(if not, it will still fail authentication if used since the server
will not have the credentials of an internal server).  The error logging
here can be a nuisance, but its worth noting that the error is logged on max
diagnostic logging. Disabling the XEXCH50 sink/ verb/capability will
adversely affect numerous things within the org (if it is even possible)

-Ade

> "Fitz Crittle [MSFT]" <fitzcrit@online.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >This is by design and applies to Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2000 SP4.
> >XEXCH50 is an Exchange specific extended command that should only be
issued
> >between Exchange machines in the same Organization. If your Exchange 2000
> >server is internal, and part of the same Organization as the Exchange
2003
> >server, then it should authenticate before sending the message.
>
> So . . . if I have more than one SMTP Virtual Server on a machine, and
> one of them is used only to converse with other SMTP servers that may
> be Exchange servers (but aren't part of my organization), how do I
> turn off the SMTP servers announcement that the XEXCH50 keyword is an
> acceptable thing to use?
>
> IOW, when an 'external' SMTP server says "EHLO" how do I prevent my
> server from saying, "sure, you can use XEXCH50" and then rejecting the
> attempted use of the advertised keyword?
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Ade (80)
5/13/2004 8:45:46 AM
Ade :

All the servers are using the default :
- Anonymous Access
- Basic authentication  (And the default domain is specified)
- Integrated windows authentication.

Something must have changed in the last 2 weeks or so , somebody must have
modified something somewhere
as the error wasn't in the log files 2 weeks ago.

"Ade Famoti [MSFT]" <ade@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> George,
>
> If you're still getting these XEXCH50 errors between your servers...its
> indicative of a permissions problem somewhere, and the symptoms
accompanying
> a failure of XEXCH50 can be ugly. I'll suggest a few tips to help you
> resolve this problem, but before that I would like you to verify that all
> the affected servers are using Windows Integrated Authentication on the
> Access|Authentication tab of the SMTP virtual servers.
>
> Rich,
>
> An attempt to use the keyword on an incoming session will not succeed if
the
> connecting server is out of the org, since authentication is usually
> anonymous(if not, it will still fail authentication if used since the
server
> will not have the credentials of an internal server).  The error logging
> here can be a nuisance, but its worth noting that the error is logged on
max
> diagnostic logging. Disabling the XEXCH50 sink/ verb/capability will
> adversely affect numerous things within the org (if it is even possible)
>
> -Ade
>

> "Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message
> > "Fitz Crittle [MSFT]" <fitzcrit@online.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >This is by design and applies to Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2000 SP4.
> > >XEXCH50 is an Exchange specific extended command that should only be
> issued
> > >between Exchange machines in the same Organization. If your Exchange
2000
> > >server is internal, and part of the same Organization as the Exchange
> 2003
> > >server, then it should authenticate before sending the message.
> >
> > So . . . if I have more than one SMTP Virtual Server on a machine, and
> > one of them is used only to converse with other SMTP servers that may
> > be Exchange servers (but aren't part of my organization), how do I
> > turn off the SMTP servers announcement that the XEXCH50 keyword is an
> > acceptable thing to use?
> >
> > IOW, when an 'external' SMTP server says "EHLO" how do I prevent my
> > server from saying, "sure, you can use XEXCH50" and then rejecting the
> > attempted use of the advertised keyword?
> >
> > --
> > Rich Matheisen
> > MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> > MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

0
gsa (7)
5/13/2004 9:01:09 AM
I have also noticed that everything runs fine , mails are delivered ,
received , no problems excluding
the error I get in the Application log.
The logging is set at Minimum but still get that error on the SMTP
Transport.

"Ade Famoti [MSFT]" <ade@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> George,
>
> If you're still getting these XEXCH50 errors between your servers...its
> indicative of a permissions problem somewhere, and the symptoms
accompanying
> a failure of XEXCH50 can be ugly. I'll suggest a few tips to help you
> resolve this problem, but before that I would like you to verify that all
> the affected servers are using Windows Integrated Authentication on the
> Access|Authentication tab of the SMTP virtual servers.
>
> Rich,
>
> An attempt to use the keyword on an incoming session will not succeed if
the
> connecting server is out of the org, since authentication is usually
> anonymous(if not, it will still fail authentication if used since the
server
> will not have the credentials of an internal server).  The error logging
> here can be a nuisance, but its worth noting that the error is logged on
max
> diagnostic logging. Disabling the XEXCH50 sink/ verb/capability will
> adversely affect numerous things within the org (if it is even possible)
>
> -Ade
>

> "Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message
> > "Fitz Crittle [MSFT]" <fitzcrit@online.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >This is by design and applies to Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2000 SP4.
> > >XEXCH50 is an Exchange specific extended command that should only be
> issued
> > >between Exchange machines in the same Organization. If your Exchange
2000
> > >server is internal, and part of the same Organization as the Exchange
> 2003
> > >server, then it should authenticate before sending the message.
> >
> > So . . . if I have more than one SMTP Virtual Server on a machine, and
> > one of them is used only to converse with other SMTP servers that may
> > be Exchange servers (but aren't part of my organization), how do I
> > turn off the SMTP servers announcement that the XEXCH50 keyword is an
> > acceptable thing to use?
> >
> > IOW, when an 'external' SMTP server says "EHLO" how do I prevent my
> > server from saying, "sure, you can use XEXCH50" and then rejecting the
> > attempted use of the advertised keyword?
> >
> > --
> > Rich Matheisen
> > MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> > MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

0
gsa (7)
5/13/2004 9:36:06 AM
Exchange servers authenticate before every session using EXPS (exchange
protocol security) when you have windows integrated turned on. Notice the
Transport events in the 170x range like 1708 for EXPS.

XEXCH50 failing can be one of two things in your specific case.

1) EXPS or authentication failures

2) DENY on the SENDAS permission or lack of it.

To troubleshoot this...I will suggest you turn logging up to maximum and see
if authentication fails or succeeds (a brief network capture will be helpful
here too)

Once you confirm that it fails or succeeds, then you can tackle the XEXCH50
failures.

a) If authentication is confirmed as successful, look for the SendAS
permission on the sending server and receiving server all the way down from
the org level, server level. Usually this permission is inherited from being
members of the Exchange Domain Servers group. You can use
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=259221 to view the security tabs. Not
excluding other groups, the usual suspects are the Exchange Domain Servers
group, the Exchange Enterprise Servers groups having DENY (only through
manual intervention), then any other groups that those groups are nested in
that may have a DENY.

b) If authentiation is not successful...thats will require another direction
of troubleshooting which may be too long for this thread.

-Ade

"George" <gsa@remove_evosoft.dk> wrote in message

> I have also noticed that everything runs fine , mails are delivered ,
> received , no problems excluding
> the error I get in the Application log.
> The logging is set at Minimum but still get that error on the SMTP
> Transport.
>
> "Ade Famoti [MSFT]" <ade@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > George,
> >
> > If you're still getting these XEXCH50 errors between your servers...its
> > indicative of a permissions problem somewhere, and the symptoms
> accompanying
> > a failure of XEXCH50 can be ugly. I'll suggest a few tips to help you
> > resolve this problem, but before that I would like you to verify that
all
> > the affected servers are using Windows Integrated Authentication on the
> > Access|Authentication tab of the SMTP virtual servers.
> >
> > Rich,
> >
> > An attempt to use the keyword on an incoming session will not succeed if
> the
> > connecting server is out of the org, since authentication is usually
> > anonymous(if not, it will still fail authentication if used since the
> server
> > will not have the credentials of an internal server).  The error logging
> > here can be a nuisance, but its worth noting that the error is logged on
> max
> > diagnostic logging. Disabling the XEXCH50 sink/ verb/capability will
> > adversely affect numerous things within the org (if it is even possible)
> >
> > -Ade
> >

> > "Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message

> > issued
> 2000
> > 2003
> > >
> > > So . . . if I have more than one SMTP Virtual Server on a machine, and
> > > one of them is used only to converse with other SMTP servers that may
> > > be Exchange servers (but aren't part of my organization), how do I
> > > turn off the SMTP servers announcement that the XEXCH50 keyword is an
> > > acceptable thing to use?
> > >
> > > IOW, when an 'external' SMTP server says "EHLO" how do I prevent my
> > > server from saying, "sure, you can use XEXCH50" and then rejecting the
> > > attempted use of the advertised keyword?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Rich Matheisen
> > > MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> > > MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

0
Ade (80)
5/13/2004 4:23:33 PM
"Ade Famoti [MSFT]" <ade@online.microsoft.com> wrote:

					[ snip ]

>An attempt to use the keyword on an incoming session will not succeed if the
>connecting server is out of the org,

Yes, I know. But events are still logged as if there is a problem. If
you put an ISA server out front then the ISA server start logging
attempts to use an unauthorized command.

>since authentication is usually
>anonymous(if not, it will still fail authentication if used since the server
>will not have the credentials of an internal server).

That's true in E2K3, but it wasn't so in 5.5 or E2K until it was fixed
earlier this year.

>The error logging
>here can be a nuisance, but its worth noting that the error is logged on max
>diagnostic logging. Disabling the XEXCH50 sink/ verb/capability will
>adversely affect numerous things within the org (if it is even possible)

I don't want to disable the sink, just be able to selectivly control
the what the virtual server advertises to the outside world, like not
telling another Exchange server it's okay to use the X-LINK2STATE.

The more I see this sort of inflexibility in Exchange the more I'm
convinced it's not really suited for use outside the corporate
network. It took MS from 1996 to 2003 to get even rudimentary
protection on the SMTP servers, and then the stuff they tossed on it
was 1990 technology (e.g. DNS RBL, and the ability to reject mail for
addresses that didn't exist).

I know, I know . . . wait until 2005. Buy SA licenses. Wait for the
next 'best thing'.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

OnLoad event criteria
If have the code below in the OnLoad event which is working fine for the most part. The second line is causing a problem for cases where there is no matching record. The code is setting the value - I'd like to have it check the value first, and if it matches the value for the related field in the current form recordset, set the value, otherwise just open the form without setting the value. If CurrentProject.AllForms("AllOpen").IsLoaded Then Me.Combo1 = Forms!AllOpen!ID ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object Set rs ...

Printing Private events/appts. on Calendars
A while ago I asked about how to stop Outlook printing private appointments or events in the calendars. Someone said to check "don't print private events" in the print screen which I did. Anyway, the calendar that gets printed, in the day that there is a private event it says "Private Event". How do I stop it from printing them altogether? I want it to appear on the calendar as nothing. ie. if there is only that event then the calendar should appear with no events for that day. Thanks ...

Error in Event Viewer event id 1023 pop3 connector, 1029, 1036, 10
Hello Exchange Administrators, I am getting these Error in Event Viewer "event id 1023 pop3 connector, 1029, 1036, 1015, 1019, 1015" on regular basis after every 15 min for every user. I need yours help to fix these errors. Also tell me why these error are logged in event viewer or cause of these errors We are using WIndoes 2003 SBS, Exchange Server 2003. Thanks you for yours help in advance. On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 11:11:01 -0700, Guri <Guri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello Exchange Administrators, > >I am getting these Error in Event Viewer "event id 1...

leave mail on server
I have one Exchange 5.5 server in office. When I'm using Outlook 2000 to receive email from home, I select the option 'Leave a copy of messages on server' under 'Advanced' in mail account settings. When I back to office, of course the message is still there - but all are new 'unread' messages; though I've 'read' them at home. Is there a way I can do on exchange server? So all the messages I've read at home will be marked as read when I open my outlook in office. Thanks. --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system ...

Windows firewall on Exchange 2003 Server
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 (AD integrated) and would like to use the Windows 2003 built-in firewall. What ports do I need to open up? OWA is being used as well. I found the following article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=278339 but am confused on what to open. Below is an example: Protocol: LDAP Port (TCP/UDP): 389 (TCP) Do I open both TCP and UDP or just TCP since it specifies that next to the por number. Thanks Here's an article to assist. Try the Security Configuration Wizard (SCW). http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Protecting-Exchange-2003-Windows-Firewall.html "b...

deleting events in calender
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I have inadvertently imported a weekly event into my calender. Each event seems to be logged as an individual event rather than a repeat event. I do not know how to delete it. Am trying, unsuccessfully, to show all events in one window so that I can easily select this irrelevant event, but cant display that window. Can you help me, either showing that elusive window, or how to otherwise delete MANY events. In article <59bb30c6.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, <leaest@officeformac.com> w...

Catch click event button
Hi all, I was wondering... Is it possible to "catch" a click-event on a BuildIn Offie Button? In order to execute your own VBA-code? e.g. I want to be able to catch the "Undo" button in order to execute a piece of macro code in stead of just "Undoing" only the last action. Greetz, Bert -- Neron It is possible to catch ("intercept") most built-in Word commands, as described at http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/InterceptSavePrint.htm. In this case, the macro you need to write is named EditUndo, as in Public Sub E...

POP 3 Connector problem on Exchange Server 5.5
Hi there, I am having a problem with junk email with null characters. (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;280331). This has only become a problem is the last month or so. As the article says, "This behavior occurs because one or more e-mail messages in the mailbox of the POP3 server may contain Null characters and the POP3 Connector for Small Business Server 4.5 is not able to download e-mail messages if they contain Null characters." 1. Can someone explain to me what a "null character" is? 2. What are some options to cure the problem. Simp...

Decommisioning Old Exchange Server
Hello, I upgraded my companies Exchange Server a few months ago but haven't yet decommissioned the old server. All the mailboxes and public folders have been transferred to the new server and it really isn't being accesses for anything....in fact it has been taken out of the evironment completely and is sitting in a closet. My question is, are there any ramifications to leaving the old server in the Exchange environment in ESM? Also, if there are, can you please direct me to documentation on how to take it out. Exchange has been running flawless since we did this change over and I'...

Server bounces mail to distribution lists
I have just installed SBS 2k3 and I am having problems sending mail to distribution lists (about 200 recipients). When they are sent, an email is returned from the server listing a whole pile of email addresses that did not receive the mail, and the message: The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system administrator. <brsserver.BRS.local #4.0.0 smtp;452 too many recipients> All external mail is forwarded to an SMTP relay at our ISP, but before Exchange 20...

4117 Event ID Error
Starting 1-29-04 we started getting 4117 error messages just like those discussed in Micrisoft's Knowledge Base Article 190084. The only thing that arcticle suggests is to update to SP 4 which is already installed on the machine. I have never seen this message before and now we are getting one every few minutes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Sean Seems like you have something else going on then, check out the following articles and see if these help: 126497 XADM: Limiting the Number of Recipients of a Message http://support.microsoft.com/?id=126497 230250 XFOR: Internet ...

Need Assistance on Exchange 2003
I have Win2k3 on a primary and secondary domain server. I also installed Exchange 2k3 on both servers. I'd like to have redundancy of mailboxes, but when I add a user account/mailbox to the primary server, it resolves to the secondary server and shows up there, but the box actually resides on my C drive (both servers show up in Exchange Sys Admin under First Administrative Group). Now I can move the mailbox over to the primary server, but it is gone from the secondary and I cannot find a way to replicate the mailboxes for redundancy. I think what is happening is that my secondar...

Event
I have recorded a macro that I need to automatically run at 6:45am daily. How do I specify this in the code? Everything you need to know about OnTime procedures (but were afraid to ask): http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm You'll need to have excel running for this to work. ===== Some versions of windows have scheduler programs. (Or you can get a freeware/shareware version on the web (www.shareware.com is where I look first.) Then you could have that scheduling program start an excel workbook. If you name the macro Auto_Open, then it'll run when the workbook opens. (But ...

Event After the sale
Hi to all Is any way to bypass the event that after you complete the sale you get a window with the change in it, in order to go to the next sale you have either hit OK or enter because if you scan an item from that point it does not scan in and it appears to me that you can miss an item from been scanned in any way to fix this issue. Also if you have scan several items into the system and you go to del one item in the middle of the page RMS is loosing its focus and starts to scan into the next line down which deletes the items that have been scanned.I think it should go to the next ...

What event when I click the record selector
I have some labels on the form would like to populate its value (they are calculated values) when I select the record selector, next, previous or last or first. What event should I write the code into? On Tue, 22 May 2007 11:01:23 +1000, "Alan T" <alanpltseNOSPAM@yahoo.com.au> wrote: >I have some labels on the form would like to populate its value (they are >calculated values) when I select the record selector, next, previous or last >or first. > >What event should I write the code into? > Well, don't use Labels for this purpose; use textboxes ...

SMTP email directly to Pub Folders for 2003 server....
Hello, How do I change the default SMTP email delivery to public folders default to Ipm.note not IPM.post? I just migrated to exchange 2003 and I have several public folder that received outside email. Now when someone emails the folder it shows up as a post not an email. I have read several message here however most resplies reference KB articles. I have read articles 830961, 292484, 817809. I am confused by them. Example article 817809 says wait for the service pack. Well I installed SP1 and it's still the same. This article also says install a hotfix but then it mentions a r...

Additional Exchange 2003 Server #2
We are in the process of moving exchange 2003 server to another server. I have brought the 2d server online and have began testing it. I have move over 1 mailbox to test the connection between the 2 servers. I cannot get send email from server B to server A but I can send email to Server A from B. Server A is the first server that we are replacing Server B is the replacement server. Before i can start this transition, i have to make sure that server B is working correctly and so far i have to say it is not. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to correct this problem? Error message...

Recurring event
Is there a way to set a meeting date and have it recurring each month, but not on a certain week or certain date of each month. My meeting happens on a Thursday in each month but not every 2nd, 3rd or 4th Thursday. Some months it is the 3rd Thursday and some it is the 4th Thursday. ...

Events, dear boy, events #3
Aha I pasted: Application.EnableEvents = true into the immediate window and now the code is working. I don't have an code that would have turned it off in the first place, however. Coul this be a default setting somewhere, or is just one of those thing that can happen now and then? Anyway, thanks for the solution, Bo -- Gromi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Gromit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=92 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27721 Just a guess. If you turn...

About Office 2007
Our office bought 10 suites of Office 2007, and we installed them in colleagues' PCs. While unfortunately we cannot now recognize that which PC installed which suite respectively... Do you have any suggestion on how to match the package with the product ID(I know where to find the product ID)? Belarc Advisor or magic jellybean http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Amy Ding" <Amy Ding@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

DST and Mix of Exchange 2000 and 2003 Servers
I have a client who has a mix of Exchange 2000 and 2003 servers with a lot of group calendar events. How will they be affected? adversely, if they don't do anything "Tyler Barnes" wrote: > I have a client who has a mix of Exchange 2000 and 2003 servers with a lot of > group calendar events. How will they be affected? Anything other than the time just being off by 1 hr? "dlw" wrote: > adversely, if they don't do anything > > "Tyler Barnes" wrote: > > > I have a client who has a mix of Exchange 2000 and 2003 servers with a...

Id over multiple nodes
Is it possible to create an id over multiple nodes? I would like to use generate-id which includes all of the Route nodes which has a direction of 1. So I don't want to for-each each Route node and run generate-id on each on of them but bulk them all together and generate an id for the nodes <Routes> <Route> <City1>A</City1> <City2>B</City2> <DateTime1>10:00</DateTime1> <DateTime2>11:15</DateTime2> <Direction>1</Direction> </Route> <Route> <City...

Posting events to the event viewer.
I've been using a particular method to post program events to the event viewer. It works, but there is an issue that is driving me crazy. Perhaps there is a better way or different way to accomplish what I am doing. 1) My events are listed in a file I call EventLog.mc. The events are in this file using a particular syntax. 2) Right after creating the file for the first time, or if I change the file, I run the event log compiler. by doing "mc.exe EventLog -d". This process creates a file called "EventLog.rc". 3) I directly edit my program's main .rc file. Nea...

Cannot connect to Exchange Server
Dear MVP, I have problem in my office, there are 2 PC's under windows 98 and using office 2000. When I open Microsoft outlook, there is an error : "Cannot connect to exchange server". Is it problem using Microsoft Outlook 2000 in windows 98. Please your help Regards Can you ping the server and resolve the server by name? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Darlie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ddd60...

reading win 7 event logs
Thanks in advance for your help. I have an app that reads my xp logs and posts them to a central database using WMI. I understand that has changed in win 7. Can anyone out there steer me in the right direction to read the win 7 logs? Thanks. hi Lance, On 06.05.2010 22:29, Lance McGonigal wrote: > I have an app that reads my xp logs and posts them to a central database > using WMI. > I understand that has changed in win 7. Can anyone out there steer me in > the right direction to read the win 7 logs? Not that I know. Neither WMI http://msdn.microsoft....