ESMTP #2

How to configure ATRN,ETRN,PIPELINING,VRFY ETC when i connect to my exchange
server 2003 through telnet ??

Aman

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 00:26:29 -0800, Atanu Mahata
<AtanuMahata@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How to configure ATRN,ETRN,PIPELINING,VRFY ETC when i connect to my exchange
>server 2003 through telnet ??
>
>Aman

Run that by us again? You want to configure your Exchange server's
SMTP settings by telnetting into it? Need clarification.
0
mark7219 (5667)
3/6/2006 9:06:08 AM
I don't believe that is possible and more specifically why would you
configure Exchange through telnet. Do you mean telnet to port 25 and test
smtp?

Nue
> On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 00:26:29 -0800, Atanu Mahata
> <AtanuMahata@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>How to configure ATRN,ETRN,PIPELINING,VRFY ETC when i connect to my
>>exchange
>>server 2003 through telnet ??
>>
>>Aman
>
> Run that by us again? You want to configure your Exchange server's
> SMTP settings by telnetting into it? Need clarification.

0
imaneophyte (3004)

Cell Format #2
I need to format a column of cells to contain a duration of time (ie. the length of a song such as 4:39) so I can total the column and get an Hours, Minutes and Seconds result but the only format I can find will display this a 4:39 AM. Can anyone help? Thanks Hi 4:39 AM is 4 hours 39 minutes. Which is 60 times what you want (unless your songs are hours long that is :-). Select the cells, go menu Format > Cells, select Custom and enter [m]:ss in the text field. Note that you still have to enter time like h:m:s ; 0:4:39 , or you'll end up with 4 hours 39 minutes. HTH. Best wishes Ha...

Logging all in and outgoing mail #2
Hi all, Is it possible to log all incomming and outgoing mail? If so, c ...

ESMTP
If I turn off ESMTP what will the ramifications be? I have a single exchange 2000 server and have just been audited and they recommend that I turn off ESMTP. What are the risks if I leave it turned on? Thanks Tell your auditors to pound sand! On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:55:03 -0800, "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If I turn off ESMTP what will the ramifications be? I have a single exchange >2000 server and have just been audited and they recommend that I turn off >ESMTP. What are the risks if I leave it turned on? > >Thanks What are th...

changing the paragraph spacing to default #2
Hi, I have a WinXp with Office 2003. I am trying to make default the setting to change the paragraph spacing to zero instead of it defaulting to Auto. I did what was suggested on KB about changing the before and after values to zero and check the box that says "don't add space between the paragraph of the same style" (under format\paragraph\indents and spacing) but to no avail. Everytime I would close out it would never save the changes and make them default. If I would save the changes of the particular doc file, then it would save the changes there but not as default...

Uploading #2
I have a website developed in Publisher 2003 and want to upload it onto a server. They use FrontPage 2000. Is there an easy way to have these two systems talk to each other? I think you misunderstood your webhost. They probably said that they support Front Page Server Extensions. You can upload using HTTP protocol with the FPSE or FTP protocol if you aren't using a form on your site. Reference the uploading articles here: http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/category/1921.aspx And perhaps the article: Publisher web publication forms 101: http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/arch...

Enter network password box #2
The "Enter Network Password" box in Outlook keeps appearing even though I've checked the box to remember my password. I can't send email messages out. Any suggestions? ...

LPAD Directory #2
When I open Outlook 2003, I get the following dialog box: ---------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft LPAD Directory ---------------------------------------------------------------- I have to click Cancel or Ok to open Outlook. Am on a DSL connection so always connected to net. -- Thanks..........Bill Reply to NG only please And your question would be...? Assuming tat you don't actually want to use an LDAP service and want to remove it from your profile go to; Control Panel-> Mail-> button E-mail Accounts select the 4th option-> Next and ...

AR2 OR AutoReply 2 error
I have a user whose autoreply sends two responses and one of them reads "AR2" i the subject line. Anyone know how to fix this problem? Configuration is: Windows 2000 Server Service Pack 4 Exchange 2000 Server Service Pack 3 Microsoft Outlook 2002 Service Pack 1 (I think) We have recently migrated from: MS Windows NT Small Business Edition 4.5 Exchange 5.5 which is part of SBS Thank you in advance. Tanya ...

Mass Email #2
Does anyone know how to import email addresses from Access in order to do a mass email? I have several specific databases of different types of clients and want to email them all with various types of updates from time to time. You can do this from within Word; not Outlook. When you use the mail merge wizard you can also select an Access database -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news ...

working with dates #2
HI I have a list o people and there dates of birth, I have added a formulae to add up their ages however I now want to simply analyse the dates as in how many 16 - 19 year olds 20 - 35 year olds etc etc Can anyone sugest a simple way to acomplish this ?? Thanks for help in advance Thanks i will give it a try philkelly67 "Phil kelly" <philkelly67@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OZnc95kdFHA.2960@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > HI I have a list o people and there dates of birth, I have added a > formulae to add up their ages however I now want to simply analyse th...

How do I make a timesheet add-up 2 shifts a day over 2 weeks?
I'm a bus driver. I want to keep track of my hours, and minutes for my own records, in Excel. Here is an example... Monday; 5:55am - 9:00am & 2:33pm - 5:33pm = 3hrs, 5min. + 3hrs, 0min. = 6hrs,5min. Tuesday; 6:00am - 9:00am & 2:33pm - 5:33pm = 3hrs, 5min. + 3hrs, 0min. = 6hrs,0min. So for those 2 days, so far I'd have 12hrs, 5minutes, times $11.00 an hr. = (about $132) My main idea is to even add up the minutes everyday, because they add up to dollars at the end of 2 weeks. I need to know how to add together 2 shifts everyday over a 2 week period, using hours, an...

Publisher Help #2
I am using Windows Vista Business to run MS Office 2007. I was sent and opened a document from someone using Publisher 2003, and now my publisher and outlook are running in the 2003 format, but my other MS Office products are still running normally. I would very much like to continue running inthe 2007 format, how can I get my publisher and outlook to run correctly?? Are you saying your Office products reverted to 2003? Were there Office 2003 applications on your computer? Outlook cannot revert back to 2003 once 2007 is installed. Have you re-booted? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps...

exchange with ESMTP
we encounted issue as below somewhere when client(behind certain firewall with NAT) try send (relay) mail by exchnage smtp service.always fail.try telnet to exchnage server(with public IP) 25 port.....telnet is okay but there is no banner appear. PS: put exchange exchange server behind sonicwall firewall with static IP mapping. try telnet to exchnage server(with private IP) 25 port..result is okay. <tradehw> wrote: >we encounted issue as below >somewhere when client(behind certain firewall with NAT) try send (relay) >mail by exchnage smtp service.always fail.try teln...

Can't install 12.2.1 on any computers 10.4-10.6
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel "You cannot install Office 2008 12.2.1 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume." I get this error on every computer in the building, PowerPC computers running 10.4 and Intel computers running 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6. All the computers currently have 12.2.0 and have all current OS updates. Any ideas? On 10/1/09 7:54 AM, in article 59b7db0d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "macinmypocket@officeformac.com" <macinmypocket@officeformac.com...

LDAP #2
How can I let Outlook Express users access LDAP on E2K server? Thanks, Kent There is no directory in Exchange 2K/2K3. Directory information is provided by the Global Catalog servers. Outside of that, Outlook Express should have an LDAP address book already defined called Active Directory. If it was removed in error, the properties would be the following if the user logs into the domain. Port: 3268 Server name: NULL Username: NULL Check box to logon Check box to use secure password auth Search base: NULL If the user does not logon to the domain, then the properties are slightly differ...

send message #2
i have a dialog created with this code CreateEx(0, NULL, NULL, WS_POPUP|WS_VISIBLE, CRect(pt,CSize(0,0)), pParentWnd, nID); CRect Rect2(10,85,80,110); m_Close.Create("Close",WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|BS_CENTER |BS_NOTIFY ,Rect2,this,IDC_CLOSE); // button CRect Rect(120,85,190,110); m_Open.Create("Open",WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|BS_CENTER |BS_NOTIFY ,Rect,this,IDC_OPEN); // button when i click one of the two button i send message with this code TBNOTIFY mm; mm.hdr.code = NM_CLICK; mm.hdr.hwndFrom = m_hWnd; mm.hdr.idFrom = GetDlgCtrlID(); mm.iItem = 2; mm.cchText = 5...

how to setup outlook #2
I am trying to set up my outlook for the first time at home. I know how to do it for my network at work but I am lost when it comes to home set up. "Arianna" <Arianna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BAC1125-253B-4B47-939F-B62AF115C1A3@microsoft.com... >I am trying to set up my outlook for the first time at home. I know how >to do > it for my network at work but I am lost when it comes to home set up. Call your ISP or whomever is your e-mail provider, or review their online help web pages which probably give instructions on the parameters or se...

VALIDATION RULES #2
I WANT TO SET UP A VALIDATION RULE THAT APPLIES ONLY TO A SPECIFIC COLUMN (INSTEAD OF ENTIRE WORKSHEET), AND ALLOWS DUPLICATE DATA TO BE ENTERED ONLY ONCE. PLS HELP ME! Try this example from Chip Pearson http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "ANGIE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A54037B-7B7F-4703-9B7D-629C0BDEE4A7@microsoft.com... > > I WANT TO SET UP A VALIDATION RULE THAT APPLIES ONLY TO A SPECIFIC COLUMN (I...

Jscript to hide unpopulated fields #2
Hi We have created two custom entities named suppliers and business partners. We would prefer not to create account records and use the relationship type field so we created these custom entities. We now have on the Contact form three seperate fields that a contact could be related to. These fields are parent customer, parent supplier and parent business partner. A Contact should only be associated with one parent record. We would like to write Jscript which hides the remaining fields if one of the fields is populated. If a user associates a Contact with a parent customer then the ...

Linking problem #2
Hi, I am not specifically linking with nafxcw.lib but receiving the following link error messages: nafxcw.lib(appcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___argv nafxcw.lib(appcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___argc nafxcw.lib(apphelp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __mbctype Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem. Thank You! "Ririko Horvath" <horvathr@securemethods.com> wrote in message news:uoGZHyV0DHA.3436@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am not specifically linking with nafxcw.lib but receivi...

2 variables in 2 quadratic equations in excel
Dear ms excel user/programmers: I hope this question is not repeated before. But anyway highly appreciate anyone can tell me how (or hint) to use ms excell and/or visual c/c++, basic, or octave(emulate matlab) to solve: (12-x)^2 + y^2 =15^2, (16+y)^2+x^2=25^2 (by programming or using its built in function)? that ^2 mean square. looking to any excel user, mathmatician, and/or programmer's help, eric, fsshl@yahoo.com Hi Eric The brute force way (requiring the least mathematical analysis) is to calculate the left hand side as functions of two reasonable first guess x and y inputs...

Access 2.0 on Win XP & 2K3
I have an Access 2.0 database that if stored on a Windows 2003 Server and this server has an ODBC connection to this database. I have 2 Win XP Clients with Access 2.0 installed that access this database through a file share. Since I have moved this database from a W2K server to a W2K3 server they are continually getting message saying they can't access the database or the file is locked. I confirmed they are not opening the db in Exclusive mode as well. Has anyone dealt with this or have any suggestions? Thanks. Make sure that the folder permissions are set so they have all ri...

adding text #2
I am building a work schedule. I have different text and numerical codes for shifts (ob1, ob2, n, sac, 9-5, 1, AND ER) I want the schedule to add only the text I have in parenthesis. I want this to be a numerical value. I want it to ignore my day off code and Holiday Time(do, ht) Also after this I want another cell to show 12- the answer I received from the added days above. I do not want to change the format of my schedule. It has been used for years. I am using Microsoft Excel 2003 98xp pro -- Jay Taylor I'm not clear on what you want. First you say you want the schedule to add on...

Excel #2
How can I get the grid lines in Excel to print out? Go to the File menu, choose Page Setup, then the Sheet tab. There, check the Gridlines option. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com <h.o@usaonline.net> wrote in message news:000701c34e11$1862bb00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How can I get the grid lines in Excel to print out? > How can I get the grid lines in Excel to print out? File >> Page Setup (sheet tab) -- uncheck Print Gridlines. Rgds, Andy Or something similar. <blush>...

Error #2
I received this error when I went to start outlook express 6.0. It said to restart my computer but it did not work can anyone help. MSIMN cause an error in MSOE.dll ...