ESM error ID c1030af2 "Internal Server Error"

Hi all,

We are in progress of upgrading from our 2000 domain and Exchange to
2003. So far we have deployed a w2003 server, upgraded to a DC and
transfered the FSMO roles from the old W2K DC. The W2K DC has been
demoted to a member server this server hosts Exchange 2000. Exchange
2003 has been installed on the new 2003 DC in the same site as the E2K.
We now come to mgrate Exchange 2000 from the old DC to the new DC with
Exchange 2003.

As described in Q307917 Removing the first Excahnge 2000 Server from the
site, we attempt to connect to the Public folders using ESM to replicate
and get the error c1030af2 "The operation failed due to an internal
server error.". The IISLockdown was installed but now removed.

This is a partial log output for the www services as ESM connects

004-05-07 13:24:12 192.168.x.x - 192.168.x.x 80 PROPFIND
/ExAdmin/Admin/MYDOMAIN.COM/Public+Folders/Email+Enabled+Folders/Lists/a
ctiveperl/ - 401 Exchange+Admin
2004-05-07 13:24:16 192.168.x.x MYDOMAIN\MYUSER 192.168.x.x 80 PROPFIND
/ExAdmin/Admin/MYDOMAIN.COM/Public+Folders/Email+Enabled+Folders/Lists/a
ctiveperl/ - 500 Exchange+Admin

We have tried the following to fix the error:

Everyone rights in the ESM Public Folders have been set to
Allow Create public folder
Allow Create top level public folder
Allow Create named properties in the information store

All virtual exchange directories in the default website can be browsed
in ISM correctly. EXADMIN appears correctly.

OWA shows a similar error when accessing the public folders also.

Cheers,

Tony Watson

Any help from
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;839744

Fern Computer Consultancy wrote:

> [...]
>
> This is a partial log output for the www services as ESM connects
>
> 004-05-07 13:24:12 192.168.x.x - 192.168.x.x 80 PROPFIND
> /ExAdmin/Admin/MYDOMAIN.COM/Public+Folders/Email+Enabled+Folders/Lists/a
> ctiveperl/ - 401 Exchange+Admin
> 2004-05-07 13:24:16 192.168.x.x MYDOMAIN\MYUSER 192.168.x.x 80 PROPFIND
> /ExAdmin/Admin/MYDOMAIN.COM/Public+Folders/Email+Enabled+Folders/Lists/a
> ctiveperl/ - 500 Exchange+Admin
>
> We have tried the following to fix the error:
>
> Everyone rights in the ESM Public Folders have been set to
> Allow Create public folder
> Allow Create top level public folder
> Allow Create named properties in the information store
>
> All virtual exchange directories in the default website can be browsed
> in ISM correctly. EXADMIN appears correctly.
>
> OWA shows a similar error when accessing the public folders also.

0
kpalagin5422 (293)
5/10/2004 5:45:32 AM
Hi,

Sorry, the error occurs on the Exchange 2000 server when I try to
connect with ESM to replicate the public folders to the new Exchange
2003 server. The Exchange 2000 server has been reinstalled and patched
and the error still occurs. Also ISA server in proxy only mode is
installed on the Windows 2000 server with the Exchange 2000 problem.
I can connect to all the virtual Exchange folders within ISM with no
error.

Kind Regards,

Tony Watson

kpalagin@pleaseno.mail.phxint.ru says...

In article <ea6kFIlNEHA.3420@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>,
kpalagin@pleaseno.mail.phxint.ru says...
> Any help from
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;839744
>
> Fern Computer Consultancy wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We are in progress of upgrading from our 2000 domain and Exchange to
> > 2003. So far we have deployed a w2003 server, upgraded to a DC and
> > transfered the FSMO roles from the old W2K DC. The W2K DC has been
> > demoted to a member server this server hosts Exchange 2000. Exchange
> > 2003 has been installed on the new 2003 DC in the same site as the E2K.
> > We now come to mgrate Exchange 2000 from the old DC to the new DC with
> > Exchange 2003.
> >
> > As described in Q307917 Removing the first Excahnge 2000 Server from the
> > site, we attempt to connect to the Public folders using ESM to replicate
> > and get the error c1030af2 "The operation failed due to an internal
> > server error.". The IISLockdown was installed but now removed.
> >
> > This is a partial log output for the www services as ESM connects
> >
> > 004-05-07 13:24:12 192.168.x.x - 192.168.x.x 80 PROPFIND
> > /ExAdmin/Admin/MYDOMAIN.COM/Public+Folders/Email+Enabled+Folders/Lists/a
> > ctiveperl/ - 401 Exchange+Admin
> > 2004-05-07 13:24:16 192.168.x.x MYDOMAIN\MYUSER 192.168.x.x 80 PROPFIND
> > /ExAdmin/Admin/MYDOMAIN.COM/Public+Folders/Email+Enabled+Folders/Lists/a
> > ctiveperl/ - 500 Exchange+Admin
> >
> > We have tried the following to fix the error:
> >
> > Everyone rights in the ESM Public Folders have been set to
> > Allow Create public folder
> > Allow Create top level public folder
> > From: Fern Computer Consultancy <tony.watson@ferncc.com>
> > Subject: ESM error ID c1030af2 "Internal Server Error"
> > Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 16:01:04 +0100
> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin

OWA 2003 Log Off Button gives HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
When Logging off of 2003 OWA I get a page cannot be displayed error message. Everything else seems to be working fine. There's a KB about this. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Warren" <Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97769784-4AA2-4445-A0AA-86E0581681A1@microsoft.com... > When Logging off of 2003 OWA I get a page cannot be displayed error > message. > Everything else seems to be working fine. Ed, I did a search in the Knowledge Base and found nothing!!!! Help! Warren ...

ESM error ID c1030af2 "Internal Server Error"
Hi all, We are in progress of upgrading from our 2000 domain and Exchange to 2003. So far we have deployed a w2003 server, upgraded to a DC and transfered the FSMO roles from the old W2K DC. The W2K DC has been demoted to a member server this server hosts Exchange 2000. Exchange 2003 has been installed on the new 2003 DC in the same site as the E2K. We now come to mgrate Exchange 2000 from the old DC to the new DC with Exchange 2003. As described in Q307917 Removing the first Excahnge 2000 Server from the site, we attempt to connect to the Public folders using ESM to replicate and g...

OWA
When I try to access OWA I receive a "HTTP 500 - Internal Server Error" webpage. I have rebuilt OWA based on instructions in KB280823 and the problem still persists. I have also removed IIS and rebuilt from scratch. I've also ran a repair install of Exchange 2003 with SP2 and I cannot get OWA to respond properly. I suggest that you open a ticket with Microsoft PSS. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE0AFA54-2BD9-4D80-88B8-4730A40F23A0@...

Attachments in OWA will not download
Attachments in OWA will not download: --- The page cannot be displayed Error Code: Internal Server Error. Not implemented (-2147467263) --- Do not know when this started to happen but at one point in the past we were able to download attachments in OWA but now it does not work. Need help - not too much other useful information was available in Logs. Anyone know how to fix this? Jay Ruyle On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:30:39 -0500, "Jay Ruyle" <jaruyle@rhjarchitects.com> wrote: >Attachments in OWA will not download: > >--- >The page cannot be displayed >Error C...

OWA "Internal Server Error" problem
Hi, When adding a new contact item to a Publc folder in OWA (Exchange Server 2003), I get "Internal Server Error" message which is explained in this link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;267910&Product=exch2003 But why can I add new items in other public folders like task, journal and calendar without getting the error? I can also add new contacts in my Exchange account folder without any problem. Any insight to this problem is much appreciated. Glenn ...

OWA "500
Hey all, I'm running Exchange 2000 with a front-end server for OWA. I'm getting two error messages that are driving my users crazy (and they're driving me crazy). 1. On my front-end server, when a user clicks the "Delete" icon on an open message, they recieve a popup that says "500 - Internal Server Error." The message is deleted, but the window does not close. 2. When replying to an email through OWA, the email sends, but the message window does not close. This only happens in IE. It does not affect other browsers (like Firefox). And, this only happens...

SFO and 500 Internal Server Error
Hi, I am trying to re-install SFO on a sales reps laptop after rebuilding his Outlook profile. When I get to the section where I specify the CRM server it says it cannot find it. I checked the install log and found the line: [11:07:51] CheckPlatformUrl, connecting to http://crm//MSCRMServices/BizUser.srf When I go there I am getting a 500 internal server error. Does anyone have any idea why I am getting this error? There is nothing in the event logs on the server. Should I be getting anything back from there? Thanks Josh Neta Hi: Can you ping the server from the client? Can you open htt...

Internal Server Error 500
When I consume a web service I got Internal Server Error 500 and it is in HTML format though I have placed try catch blocks. As per one suggestion, How do I add ASP.NET Machine Account to an NTFS folder running on Windows XP? I don't find any such option!! Any help would be appreciated Thank you Regards Raj When check the EventLogViewer, I got these two errors: 1. EventType clr20r3, P1 aspnet_wp.exe, P2 2.0.50727.3053, P3 4889ded7, P4 webservice1, P5 1.0.0.0, P6 4b4d6cd1, P7 13, P8 1, P9 system.stackoverflowexception, P10 NIL. For more information, see Help ...

OWA Exchange 5.5 Internal Server Error
Outlook Web Access on Exchange Server 5.5 running on a Windows 2000 Server in mixed mode. Users go to url of http://mail.anon-domain.com/exchange. They get the logon box and enter mailbox name. Then they get the Dialog box asking User name: and Password. The correct info is entered, but the browser just hangs there. If the IIS Server is restarted, not just the Website, but entire IIS, it will work for a while, sometimes a few minutes, sometime for hours. A few times, instead of just having the browser hang there, an error message was returned: HTTP 500.100 Internal Server Error ASP erro...

OWA Distribution List and internal server error problem
I have a user that created more than one distribution list in owa contacts one of them when you click it it shows HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error Page, this only occurs for specific distribution list not all, i tried creating another distribution list but i did not face the problem, anybody have info about htis problem. my enviroment includes Exchange 2003 front/backend with SP2 on windows 2003 SP1, Exchange backend are installed in cluster enviroment. ...

SBS2k3: Installed official SSL certificate
In the past I used a local ms certificate which was originally made out to publishing.domain.local where the server name is sbsserver.domain.local. Later I created a local ms mail.domain.com certificate. Our server is found on the web as mail.domain.com and /exchange and /remote and were redirected fine. Certificate errors followed as they were not from a trusted authority but I ignored them as we could access the site without problems. Even an IPhone synchronized fine. A new HTC with Mobile 6.0 could not bypass this certificate error so I set out to correct this issue by bu...

Exchange 2003 ActiveSync + Palm LifeDrive
Hello All, Perhaps you can help me with a problem. We have an Exchange 2003 SP2 server running happily. We have just started storing our E-Mail on the server instead of downloading it to PST. Some of our staff have Palms which they used to synchronise with Outlook, and now they must synchronise with Exchange. Our Exchange server doesn't seem to be too happy about this :( We have setup the Palm and we can 'Test Settings' and the username and password seem to be accepted ok. However when you try and run a sync a HTTP 500 - Internal Server error is caused. I found this artic...

OMA internal server error 500
Hello - I've just tried to get OMA setup and I've encountered th following error http: error 500 (internal server error Runtime erro <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -- <configuration <system.web <customErrors mode="Off"/ </system.web </configuration to display error messag Having changed the web.config file the error still persists This occurs when I logon with domain\username: passwor What is the problem? There are a few posts relating to this but n responses - if anyone responds to this I'll be most greatful ...

OMA
Dear all, My cell phone is Motorola A768i, the browser is Motorola browser v2.2. I try to access my Exchange 2003 OMA, and I can connect, can login, and can click inbox. But when I try to send an email, it will show the error message: 500 Internal Server Error I have already setup all cell phone support on Exchange 2003, but this error message still occurred. Does anyone have same problem like me? Many thanks for your reply! Hi, I solve my problem! Don't setup signature ":" in ISA, then OMA can work! "David" <David@idle.com.tw.nospam> ��...

Internal Server Error
Hi Have an Exchange 2003 set up with Front end server doing OWA. There is a public folder set up as a shared calander, which is moderated to forward all new entries to a single user. When a new appointment is booked, and save and close button pressed, I get a pop up saying internal server error. and the new appointment window stays where it is. I close the new appointment window and the appointment is entered, as if there were no problem. Anyone have an idea why the error pop up? Thanks M ...

Internal server error
Hi, When a user tries to save account information, IIS error page http 500 is displayed and the new values for the account are not saved. What can be causing the problem? Thanks, Bilge Gul First turn of "show user friendly http error messages" using MSIE Tools-Options-Advanced to see the actual error message. You might also need to edit web.config on the MSCRM IIS web site to allow ASP.NET remote viewing of error messages. KjellSJ http://kjellsj.blogspot.com "b_gul_t" wrote: > Hi, > > When a user tries to save account information, IIS error page htt...

Http/1.1 500 internal server error
hi , i have an exchange server 2003 with windows server 2003 , and i am getting an problem with attachment when i click on attachment button it will give an error that " internal server error" or "http/1.1 500 internal server error" so plzz tell me what i have to doo for this . thanks in advance. Wouldn't know honestly. But, does right clicking | save as work? ...

REF: HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
Hi all, I am facing a strange problem. Guess this question was asked many times and have seen the solutions already did the same but could not solve the issue. My problem is i have a front End server (Exchange 2003 sp2 and Windows 2003 r2 sp1) which is getting connected to Backend Exchange Cluster ( Exchange 2003 SP2 and Windows 2003 R2 SP1) all of them are windows 2003 enterprise edition. When i try to access OWA from front end i get OWA forms based authentication page but when i put my user name and password it gives me the following error HTTP 500 Internal server error. I have check the N...

OWA Http 500 Internal Server Error
We run Exchange server 2003 on a Windows 2000 server. OWA was automatically installed to a default web site. We were on service pack 1 for Windows 2000 and everything was running fine. However, we applied Windows 2000 service pack 4. Now when we try to access OWA, we get a message box to enter in a username and password. After this information is entered, the "This page cannot be displayed, Http 500 Internal Server Error" message appears. As a temporary fix, we stopped the exchange website in IIS 5.0. then went into Exchange management console. Right clicked HTTP und...

SP2 broke OWA : HTTP 500
I just installed SP2 over the weekend and when I came in this morning I noticed that OWA was no longer working for the accounts that are on the SP2 Server. All other servers OWA accounts work fine. Any Ideas. Thanks Heith On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 11:28:35 -0800, "Microsoft" <hcook@connect-it.biz> wrote: >I just installed SP2 over the weekend and when I came in this morning I >noticed that OWA was no longer working for the accounts that are on the SP2 >Server. All other servers OWA accounts work fine. > >Any Ideas. > >Thanks > >Heith > I...

IIS Internal Server Error (500) when installing
Hi all, I am testing the CRM v3 on a newly installed computer with Active Directory in native mode, IIS, SQL 200 and Exchange 2000 on Windows Server 2003 sp1. When I reach the System Requirements page (Verification Descriptions and Results) I get an "Error accessing URL http://SERVER: The remote server returned an error (500) Internal Server Error IIS is correctly installed on the server, if I type http://server I get the default "Under construction" page, I don't use host headers and don't have any other virtual web configured. I did the same installation on a ...

OWA Prolem: HTTP 500 Internal Server Error.
BACKGROUD- • 3 EX2k Servers (1 PUB, 1 PRIV, 1 Front End) • 1 EX2K3 Front End • Front End servers in a DMZ separated from Back End Servers VIA Cisco PIX • All IP Traffic is permitted from Front End servers to Back End • All mail flows inside and out with no problems. • All servers are members of the same W2K Domain. • OWA is set up to use SSL • Users can log into OWA, but when they try to open any emails, they get HTTP 500 Internal Server errors. • Users can log into OWA and open items from the store like Word documents and Excel spreadsheets, but only if they are directly posted to the st...

http/1.0 500 internal server error
hi , i have an error in using OWA when i click on attachment button it gives me an error " http/1.0 500 internal server error" i have tried many things to get rid of this error but not successful still , i have exchange server 2003(sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) and i have also installed the security patches for exchange server 2003 , plzz tell me how can i get rid of that error i am very much distuirb from this error plzz help me , thanks in advance regards ALI No cluster or FE/BE setup? Was it working at some point in time? Clean install? Is there an ISA server betw...

After SSL enabled
We have installed an certificate and enabled require SSL on the Exchange Virtual Directory in IIS Admin, and after that we got trouble with OMA. I've followed Articel: 817379 (Method 2) - at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817379 but it still doesn't work. We run Windows 2000 server sp 4 with Exchange 2003 server sp1. The articel above is for Windows 2003 server, and I can't find anything that says that it works on 2000 or not. When we access http://mail.server.com/exchange-oma we get the login window, and after login we get "500 - Internal serv...

Some appointments in OWA give "Internal Server Error"
We have had a problem over the past few months where Mobile 5.0 phones do not properly get all the calendar items when they sync. They always miss a couple. Recently we have discovered that these appointments that do not sync also give a HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error when they are viewed in OWA. But others are viewable and email works fine as well..This only happens on a couple appointments for a couple users. Server: Windows 2k3 Standard Exchange 2003 SP2 Clients: Windows XP SP2/IE6 Windows Vista 32bit/IE7 "Jeffrey" <jeffreyvsmith@gmail.com> wrote in news:1172588812.5...