ESEutil commands

I need a step by step guide on using eseutil. I need to learn how to use this
tool to commit the logs to the database
0
Ed4190 (308)

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:09:02 -0800, "Ed"
<Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I need a step by step guide on using eseutil. I need to learn how to use this
>tool to commit the logs to the database

eseutil/?

A full online backup of the store will commit the logs. What exactly
are you trying to accomplish?

0
adavid (8731)
11/24/2004 2:25:16 AM
I have another site that will not have a backup solution in place until next
month so i would to know how to flush the logs using this utility also just
for future knowledge

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:09:02 -0800, "Ed"
> <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I need a step by step guide on using eseutil. I need to learn how to use this
> >tool to commit the logs to the database
>
> eseutil/?
>
> A full online backup of the store will commit the logs. What exactly
> are you trying to accomplish?

0
Ed4190 (308)
11/24/2004 1:31:02 PM
Um, Exchange will commit the logs to the database all by itself.  Eseutil
isn't going to help you with that - it won't flush log files.  You can use
eseutil to find out the last log file that has been committed, but you can't
use it to commit logfiles.  If you just want to find out which log file has
been committed, then use this article to do that
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=182961

Otherwise, remember that even NTBackup can perform an online backup of
Exchange and purge the log files.  If there is no tape drive in place there
yet, you can simply use NTBackup and back up to disk.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have another site that will not have a backup solution in place until
>next
> month so i would to know how to flush the logs using this utility also
> just
> for future knowledge
>
> "Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:09:02 -0800, "Ed"
>> <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I need a step by step guide on using eseutil. I need to learn how to use
>> >this
>> >tool to commit the logs to the database
>>
>> eseutil/?
>>
>> A full online backup of the store will commit the logs. What exactly
>> are you trying to accomplish?

0
Ben

@ NOW time command
I cannot get the SECONDS to show when I use the time stamp [ CNTRL+ SHFT+ ; ]. I want to use excel as a time study tool--so I need to have the seconds to register when I log the time stamp. Does anyone know how to configure this in excel? Hi Time study Guy You can add a macro if you want in your personal xls See below a example from J.E CTRL-Shift-: will only insert minutes. If you want it to insert seconds, the way I do it is to put these in a workbook in your XLStart folder (e.g., Personal.xls),: in the ThisWorkbook module: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Application.OnKey &...

Stop Command to Service failes: StopPending,...
Hi, nah, those services grfx(/&%%$/,... I wanted to restart the "RemoteRegistry" Service and send it a command from services control application i wrote but the service stucked in the "StopPending" Status... I cant stop/start/pause it. Its floating over 30 Minutes in the StopPending Status. The Service is embedded in a svchost.exe, so i cant kill it directly. What can i do,..? Self hosting services kann be easlily terminated but how to do this with a svchost hosted.exe service? "Dow" like homer would say,..:-D Regards Kerem -- ----------------------- ...

ESEUTIL Usage Recomendation
Hi Everyone, I have a private store that was purge of around 40 gigs of messages. Obviously I'll like to shrink the db. Is eseutil the best way to do this? Following link will be usfull ESEUTIL Repairing Exchange databases with ESEUTIL - when and how? http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/06/18/159413.aspx In Exchange 2000 Server and Exchange Server 2003 Eseutil in Repair/Integrity Mode Incorporates /X and /V Options http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;232734 Use the Eseutil Utility to Detect File Header Damage in Exchange 2003 http://support.microsoft.c...

Command runs fine on commandline, but not from PS1
Hi everyone, I am having some trouble understanding why some scripts can run fine from the command prompt but fail when executed from a PS1. The following line works great when I just type it in as I go: $myvar1 = Compare-Object $(gc "cue1.cue") $(gc "..\cueequal.cue") - IncludeEqual It compares the contents of two .cue files (which are basically renamed text files) and dumps whatever is equal or different into the new variable 'myvar1'. Now, the same thing executed form a PS1 that lies in the same folder as "cue1.cue" just doe...

Internal Commands
Does anyone have a list of internal commands that can be used for creating custom buttons? We would like create custom buttons for the function keys so we can display only the function keys we want to display. Thanks. Shoot me an email for what you need "fphillips" <fphillips@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41A2FE5E-AF4E-42A0-BD73-9AC87FFDECA8@microsoft.com... > Does anyone have a list of internal commands that can be used for creating > custom buttons? We would like create custom buttons for the function keys > so > we can display only the f...

Eseutil and switches
Greetings, We have one E2K Standard server. DB is approaching 15GB and needs defragging. Eseutil resides on C:\ The DB resides on D:\ There is not enough space on C:\ for the temp file. What would be the exact syntax to defrag the DB and direct the temp file to D:\ ? My best guess at the command line would be: C:\>eseutil /d D:\DB.edb /t D:\TEMPDFRG.edb Thanks for the help Dan There should be no space after /t. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;192185&Product=exch2k dan p wrote: > Greetings, > We have one E2K Standard server. DB is approaching 15GB a...

Close command
I have the following command to close a Form: Private Sub Mainform_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command19_Click DoCmd.Close Exit_Mainform_Click: Exit Sub Err_Mainform_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Mainform_Click End Sub How can I change the command that the DB gets closed and not only the Form. Thanks Klaus DoCmd.Quit -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Amateur" wrote: > I have the following command to close a Form: > Private Sub Mainform_Click() > On Error GoTo Err_Command19_Click > > > DoCmd.Close > > Exit_Mainfor...

Running eseutil
Good Day, I ran the esetutil last night on my exchange 2003 server, it took over 13 hours to run because the temp file is being copied over the network to another system with enough hard drive space, my question is I had to stop the eseutil from finishing because users needed to get back on the server so when I restart the process does it start from where it left off? TIA Ray I don't think so. How big is your EDB? I personally would stop IS then copy the EDB to a server with good processors and memory and sufficient disk space. Copy the ESEUTIL plus necessary DLL's (there is...

IF Command
In column A I have values 1st 2nd 3rd and in Column B I want it to say January 04 January 04 January 04 I only want January 04 to appear when something is entered into the adjacent Column A cell Can anyone help? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ B1: =IF(A1<>"","January 04","") and copy down. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ianripping >" <<ianripping.100y8e@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:i...

eseutil /d #2
Hi, Can anyone provide me with a script which will automatically dismount an information store, defrag and then mount information store again. Our exchange are "crashing" almost once every 2 days for some reason and I have been told that running eseutil /D once a month maybe could help the problem. Thanks for any reply Kind rgds Peter Jensen On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 21:12:23 +0200, "Peter Jensen" <peter.topp@mail.dk> wrote: >Hi, > >Can anyone provide me with a script which will automatically dismount an >information store, defrag and then mount info...

change the face color of an Excel command button
How can I change the face color of a command button in Excel 2003 (View-Toolbars-Forms)? Changing font color is easy, but I don't know enough about VBA to change the button color. You need to use the CommandButton object from the Controls toolbar, not the Forms toolbar. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Chris Leah" <Chris Leah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70ABA2EE-7A9B-4469-9AFC-31CCBB864F34@microsoft.com... > How can I change the face color of a command button in Excel >...

Command Button #4
I have a command button in a spreadsheet and I can't move, delete, or right click it. Anyone know why this might be happening or how I can do something with it??? Thanks in Advance. Is your worksheet protected? Do you have multiple sheets selected (grouped)? Is your workbook shared? Playa wrote: > > I have a command button in a spreadsheet and I can't move, delete, or right > click it. Anyone know why this might be happening or how I can do something > with it??? > > Thanks in Advance. -- Dave Peterson Hi, You cannot do it without a macro The object is...

SmartList Favorites should run on user command, not automatically.
Some of our SmartList Favorites take quite a while before displaying any data. The user, in most cases, desires to change the search criteria prior to running it anyway. It can be frustrating waiting for the opportunity to click 'stop' so that search criteria can be changed. Need a way to control when a favorite is run. -- Pete P. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow thi...

ESEUTIL
I want to run defrag against the priv and pub.edb databases and wanted to be sure the correct switches were used. I am going to run a full backup of the server prior to starting this. The Exchange database is on a different drive then the application. I did copy the eseutil to the same drive as the database(E drive). I want to defrag it then used the new compacted database in place of the current. Is this the correct syntax: e:\exchsrvr\bin\eseutil /d e:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv.edb I was a little unclear using the /t switch. is that only used if you want to rename the temp.edb file cr...

Add custom command to a custom toolbar
I would like first to thank John Goldsmith for his fast and helpful reply on my previous question. Question: Is there a way to add custom command to a custom toolbar. I would like for example to activate a macro through such command. Thanks. I know in Excel when I create a macro there is a point during the creation phase where I create a name for the macro and then I can also create the icon to associate with the macro. Once that is assigned, right clicking on a tool bar and choosing customize will allow you to see and drag those icons to any menu. I believe in VB edit you can also ...

Command button on got focus not working
Greetings all. I've got a popup form for adding a note to a notes table. On the form there is a command button to insert the note then close the add note form. It works fine when sub fires from the on click event of the button. However, if I take the same code and put it in the got focus event, I get an error, shown below after the code. The message is inserted, and the main form is requeried, bu the add not popup does not close. If I hit ok on the error message, then hit enter again, the add not popup then closes. My intention is that the user can simply hit enter after typin...

Missing news command
The news command is missing from customize add/ remove button commands. How do I either get the command or write a new command for Outlook 2003. Any help greatly appreciated. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No button. You may need to reset the Menu Bar and/or restart Outlook and/or reboot your machine in order to complet...

Sendto command Outlook Hijacks from OE6
I need help. I am using Excel 2002. Outlook express is my default email (Triple Checked). When I hit the sendto email, it opens asks for email address like always. When it sends it goes to the outlook outbox and not the OE outbox.!! It used to work, but not now. When I tell excel to send as an attachment, it goes to OE outbox. In Word, they all go to Outlook Express like it should. Why is Outlook hijacking the email msgs Generated thru Excel? There isn't even an email account setup in Outlook. Just 50 msgs in the outbox!! Tripp I'd close excel and open MS Internet E...

eseutil /p
I'm using eseutil with the /p parameter in order to preserve a copy of the original database. I am also also using the /t parameter in order to direct the temp database to another server (cos ive not enough disk space in my original server). My question is, when the operation is over the new compacted database will be stored in the default filename of Exchsrvr\bin\tempdrfg.edb. will this be stored in location that ive specified using the /t parameter or will it store it back on the original exchange server (where ive not enough disk space) Also any ideas about how long it will ...

How do I setup a print command button in excel 2003
I want to be able to put a print command button at the bottom of my excel sheet to print it. It is doing it in visual basic script. Thank you Record a macro when you print the worksheet manually. Then show the Forms toolbar. Click on the button on that toolbar. Then click on the worksheet where you want the top left corner to be and drag down to the bottom right. When you let go, you'll be prompted for the macro to assign to this button. Choose the one you recorded. BigPunchy wrote: > > I want to be able to put a print command button at the bottom of my excel > sheet to...

Could Not Add Command
Hi, Somebody might be able to help me here. This has only been occuring since the weekend, and only affects certain users. Whenever the users login in to GP or switch companies, they get an error message stating "Could not add command" and an 'OK' button. Clicking OK continues the log in to the company. GP is working fine on my machine. I believe that this message is thrown from Dexterity when an add of a menu item goes astray and is generally accompanied by a form name. The fact that there is no form name implies sloppy development of custom code. Can someone te...

Isinteg and Eseutil
I want to do some maintanance on my private information stores, they average about 20 GB. This is Exchange 2003. Which tool do I wan to run first? I am assuming I want to run eseutil first. Then followed by isinteg. Does anyone have a approx time that it will take these two tools to run on a 20 GB store file. Hi Eric, "Sabo, Eric" <SaboEric@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C578771D-EB59-4DFC-9859-8F2F2942A91C@microsoft.com... >I want to do some maintanance on my private information stores, they >average > about 20 GB. This ...

Merge multiple PSTs from command-line
I've been using EXMERGE to get data from mailboxes but it forces you to save into a PST named the same as the e-mail account. If I want to export a temporary list of e-mails for all users (400) it will create 400 files. I'd like them all placed into one PST file Does anyone know if EXMERGE can do this I don't think it can, so if not, is there and automated means to merge 400 PSTs into one? What if I just DOS copied them all together and ran SCANPST against the final file? Rick Early <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've been using EXMERGE to get dat...

Multilines caption on command button
I am using a button to display a message. The message is long so I nee to make the caption (as message) in more than 1 line. Can I hav multiline caption on the button & how -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com in design mode>commandbuttonobject>edit>use ctrl+enter wherever you want the line to break. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Bhuktar S >" <<Bhuktar.S.16b0tt@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Bhuktar.S.16b0tt@excelforum-nospam.com... > I am using a button to display a message. The message is long so I need...

Command Button #5
I have a command button on Sheet 1. I want a user to go to Sheet 2 if value in L4 = 0, Sheet 3 if value in L4 = 2, Sheet 4 if value in L4 = 4. How do I do this? THK in Advance try to introduce this code under command button code If Sheet1.Range("L4") = 0 Then Sheet2.Activate If Sheet1.Range("L4") = 2 Then Sheet3.Activate If Sheet1.Range("L4") = 4 Then Sheet4.Activate see whether you get what you want ==================== Chris Hale <ChrisHale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:792D6754-223E-4DE0-AA69-DE63BA91CCE7@microsoft.com... > I...