Error sending email to my exchange server

I have a Firebox Watchgaurd firewall using NAT.
I have tested smtp connection by telneting to host.  It
works.

When I send internal email everything works OK.
But when I am sending email from external site I get the
following error.

host does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox
unavailable
Giving up on host
0
anonymous (74722)

In the last exciting episode, "Kamran Khayami"

>I have a Firebox Watchgaurd firewall using NAT.
>I have tested smtp connection by telneting to host.  It
>works.
>
>When I send internal email everything works OK.
>But when I am sending email from external site I get the
>following error.
>
>host does not like recipient.
>Remote host said: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox
>unavailable
>Giving up on host

Doesn't sound like an Exchange error, are you sure you Mx record is
configured correctly? Does the watchguard box just pass through the
packets or is it running an SMTP server of its own which is not yet
configured for your domain?

Sending entire objects via socket vs primitive message fields
I am using a library called "The Network Development Kit". http://www.codeproject.com/internet/ndk.asp The kit allows me to easily establish client/server connections and assemble "messages" (consisting of strings, integers, etc) to pass back and forth between the client and server. With my initial protocol design, I have been passing data via the primitive data field types (strings, int's, etc). The basic logic flow requires me to: 1) Deconstruct the object and assemble the varying field values into a CNDKMessage. 2) Send that message to the server and reconstruct th...

Public Folder Problem Exchange 2003
[This followup was posted to microsoft.public.exchange.admin and a copy was sent to the cited author.] Currently I have a client that has Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 Server. This was upgraded from Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000. Issue involves some emails that where copied to a public folder. The email shows up in the Exchange System Manager in content pane. However if you try to open the email you get a 501 error. There is no date and time in the listing however all of the other details of the email appear to be present in the content pane. Some of the entries even have an at...

Do not have permission to send to this recipient
I have a client who has Exchange 2003 SP1 installed. Frequently when sending an email to someone they will recieve a message back from System Administrator "You do not have permission to send to this recipient. 5.7.1 smtp;550 Relaying Denied" I have the "Allow All Computer Which Successfully Authenticate to Relay Regardless of list above" checked in the SMTP Virtual Connector. This has not helped. I checked to see if their domain is on any SPAM LIST and it's not. They do not have Open Relay on their server. Please give me some suggestions of how I can fix thi...

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

Exchange folders
we are using Exchange 2003 and it is starting to fill up. There is only a 16 GIG limit. I would like to know if there is a way saving the individual folders with the exception of the inbox on either there individual PC or on our File Server. This way the only email that they have saved in Exchange is in there inbox and as they move it into individual folders it will not be in Exchange but be accessable through Outlook.It should look to the user as if there has been no change this is not really possible...your better option would be to upgrade to Enterprise Edition of Exchange...you ca...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ANN: Spam Xecutioner for Exchange
Stashsoft has released it's Spam Xecutioner for Exchange Server. Spam Xecutioner provides superior spam filtering and enterprise class features, without enterprise class pricing. There's even a FREE version for non-commercial use. Here are some of the product features: - Bayesian Analysis - Custom Rules (Wildcard, RegEx, Phonetic & Scripting) - Directory Harvesting Detection - Attachment Filtering - RBL (Weighted DNS and URI blocklists) - Whitelists and Blacklists - Automatic Whitelisting - Testing Tools - User Quarantine Visit the Spam Xecutioner page for more information abou...

ERROR

error, chkdsk

Change organisation name in Exchange 2003
Hi, We are migrating our XCH 5.5 to XCH 2003. We need to change the organisation name. We can not use XMERGE as we need to keep the rights on the folders. So we need the new 2003 to join the 5.5 organisation: we can not create a new organisation and migrate the mailboxes. Is there a way, once the migration is over, to change the organisation name in Exchange 2003 ? Thks, Alex On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 00:11:35 +0100, "Alex" <alex@alex.alex> wrote: >Hi, > >We are migrating our XCH 5.5 to XCH 2003. We need to change the organisation >name. We can not use XMERGE as we n...

Outlook Express: emails printing too large
When I retrieve my emails they are easy to read. When I print the emails off the font is very large -- 14 pt or larger. What do I need to change to reduce the printable font to normal 10 pt size? ...

error 0x800CCC0F

html format email
How can I, if possible, create html formatted email and/or email templates in crm? I can write some custom add-ins in c# if needed. Thanks, J On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 08:41:24 -0500, "Scanner2001" <jeffsanders125@hotmail.com> wrote: > How can I, if possible, create html formatted email and/or email >templates in crm? You can create html email templates. The secret is to create them in another tool eg Notepad or Dreamweaver then open the html in IE and then cut and paste into the CRM email template window If you have graphics only links to the images are copie...

4.4.7 error

Excel error codes translations

delete server...routing master error

how to install .oft files (forms) on a Clustered Exchange?
Hi All I have Exchange 2000 cluster active/passive. How does I install Outlook forms (.oft) files on a Clustered Exchange? Thank you, Jack Black ...

SMTP mail send problem
I'm running Windows/Outlook XP with mail routed through POP3/SMTP university servers. Abruptly, I am no longer able to send mail, though receiving works fine. I get an error message saying that Outlook couldn't connect with the outgoing server. No account settings have changed (I've checked) and I can still telnet to the SMTP server (but not through port 25)and send mail through a web-based university system. I do not have any Norton software on my computer, though I"m unsure about other potential firewalls. I am connecting to the internet through a cable modem which work...

Re: Money 2004

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

Send/Receive at program startup
Hi, I can't figure out how to prevent Outlook 2003 from automatically sending and receiving email when I launch the program. I want to send and receive only when I click the 'Send/Receive' button. Thanks for any ideas. Steve Uncheck the automatic polling option under Tools->Options->Mail Setup. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Steve Prescott asked: | Hi, |...