Error Message when sending email

I have a client who is running SBS 2003 with Backup Exec 9.1

They are able to send emails to my support email address fine from
within outlook.

Backup Exec is set to notify me with their backup results but when it
tries to send the email to me it comes up with the following:

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
server. Please contact your system administrator.
<domain name of client #5.5.0 smtp;550 Recipient Not Authorised
[recipient rejected due to no authorised destination groups]>

Why would it do this when I can send emails to the same address from
within Outlook ok?

Can someone help me?

Thanks
Nicola
0
nicola1 (4)

"Nicola" <nicola@check-tek.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have a client who is running SBS 2003 with Backup Exec 9.1
>
> They are able to send emails to my support email address fine from
> within outlook.
>
> Backup Exec is set to notify me with their backup results but when it
> tries to send the email to me it comes up with the following:
>
> There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
> server. Please contact your system administrator.
> <domain name of client #5.5.0 smtp;550 Recipient Not Authorised
> [recipient rejected due to no authorised destination groups]>
>
> Why would it do this when I can send emails to the same address from
> within Outlook ok?
>
> Can someone help me?
>
> Thanks
> Nicola

Does BE use SMTP? Check the "from" address if so.

0
bmercer1 (11)
2/11/2005 7:25:37 PM
You may need to allow the BExec server to relay using Exchange.  Unless it
connects via MAPI (which I doubt), it is probably sending an SMTP message.
As such, if you are not an internal recipient, it must relay the message to
your external account.  That is prohibited by default in Exchange.

The other workaround would be to create a mailbox for yourself in their
environment, and have that mailbox forward to a contact which is set up with
your external support address.  Then have BExec send the report to your
mailbox in their environment.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"barry" <bmercer@bnota.tk.com> wrote in message

> "Nicola" <nicola@check-tek.co.uk> wrote in message
>>I have a client who is running SBS 2003 with Backup Exec 9.1
>>
>> They are able to send emails to my support email address fine from
>> within outlook.
>>
>> Backup Exec is set to notify me with their backup results but when it
>> tries to send the email to me it comes up with the following:
>>
>> There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
>> server. Please contact your system administrator.
>> <domain name of client #5.5.0 smtp;550 Recipient Not Authorised
>> [recipient rejected due to no authorised destination groups]>
>>
>> Why would it do this when I can send emails to the same address from
>> within Outlook ok?
>>
>> Can someone help me?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Nicola
>
> Does BE use SMTP? Check the "from" address if so.

0
Ben
2/11/2005 10:13:21 PM
Ben,

Thanks for the info, apologies for the ignorance but how would I allow
Exchange to use BExec Server to relay.

Thanks again for your help,

Nicola

Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] wrote:
> You may need to allow the BExec server to relay using Exchange.
Unless it
> connects via MAPI (which I doubt), it is probably sending an SMTP
message.
> As such, if you are not an internal recipient, it must relay the
message to
> your external account.  That is prohibited by default in Exchange.
>
> The other workaround would be to create a mailbox for yourself in
their
> environment, and have that mailbox forward to a contact which is set
up with
> your external support address.  Then have BExec send the report to
your
> mailbox in their environment.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
>

> "barry" <bmercer@bnota.tk.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Nicola" <nicola@check-tek.co.uk> wrote in message
> >>I have a client who is running SBS 2003 with Backup Exec 9.1
> >>
> >> They are able to send emails to my support email address fine from
> >> within outlook.
> >>
> >> Backup Exec is set to notify me with their backup results but when
it
> >> tries to send the email to me it comes up with the following:
> >>
> >> There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
> >> server. Please contact your system administrator.
> >> <domain name of client #5.5.0 smtp;550 Recipient Not Authorised
> >> [recipient rejected due to no authorised destination groups]>
> >>
> >> Why would it do this when I can send emails to the same address
from
> >> within Outlook ok?
> >>
> >> Can someone help me?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Nicola
> >
> > Does BE use SMTP? Check the "from" address if so.

0
nicola1 (4)
2/14/2005 4:19:29 PM
you need to allow the BExec server to relay through your exchange
server...this is done on the properties of the SMTP virtual server of the
Exchange server...on the "Access" tab, you click "relay" and add the IP
address of the BExec server...then stop/restart the SMTP virtual server...

> Ben,
>
> Thanks for the info, apologies for the ignorance but how would I allow
> Exchange to use BExec Server to relay.
>
> Thanks again for your help,
>
> Nicola
>
> Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] wrote:
> > You may need to allow the BExec server to relay using Exchange.
> Unless it
> > connects via MAPI (which I doubt), it is probably sending an SMTP
> message.
> > As such, if you are not an internal recipient, it must relay the
> message to
> > your external account.  That is prohibited by default in Exchange.
> >
> > The other workaround would be to create a mailbox for yourself in
> their
> > environment, and have that mailbox forward to a contact which is set
> up with
> > your external support address.  Then have BExec send the report to
> your
> > mailbox in their environment.
> >
> > --
> > Ben Winzenz
> > Exchange MVP
> >

> > "barry" <bmercer@bnota.tk.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Nicola" <nicola@check-tek.co.uk> wrote in message

> it

> from

> > > Does BE use SMTP? Check the "from" address if so.

0
susan7353 (1225)
2/14/2005 4:29:05 PM
Susan,

Thanks for the response, I have checked the server and because it is an
SBS server, therefore mail, file and backup server in one, the SMTP
virtual server already has the server IP address in the relay section.

Have you any other thoughts?

Thanks
Nicola

Susan wrote:
> you need to allow the BExec server to relay through your exchange
> server...this is done on the properties of the SMTP virtual server of
the
> Exchange server...on the "Access" tab, you click "relay" and add the
IP
> address of the BExec server...then stop/restart the SMTP virtual
server...

> <nicola@check-tek.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Ben,
> >
> > Thanks for the info, apologies for the ignorance but how would I
allow
> > Exchange to use BExec Server to relay.
> >
> > Thanks again for your help,
> >
> > Nicola
> >
> > Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] wrote:
> > > You may need to allow the BExec server to relay using Exchange.
> > Unless it
> > > connects via MAPI (which I doubt), it is probably sending an SMTP
> > message.
> > > As such, if you are not an internal recipient, it must relay the
> > message to
> > > your external account.  That is prohibited by default in
Exchange.

> > > The other workaround would be to create a mailbox for yourself in
> > their
> > > environment, and have that mailbox forward to a contact which is
set
> > up with
> > > your external support address.  Then have BExec send the report
> > your
> > > mailbox in their environment.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Ben Winzenz
> > > Exchange MVP
> > >

> > > "barry" <bmercer@bnota.tk.com> wrote in message

> > it

Authorised

> > from

0
nicola1 (4)
2/16/2005 8:18:26 AM
are you certain the smtp service/server was stopped/restarted after the ip
address was added?

> Susan,
>
> Thanks for the response, I have checked the server and because it is an
> SBS server, therefore mail, file and backup server in one, the SMTP
> virtual server already has the server IP address in the relay section.
>
> Have you any other thoughts?
>
> Thanks
> Nicola
>
> Susan wrote:
> > you need to allow the BExec server to relay through your exchange
> > server...this is done on the properties of the SMTP virtual server of
> the
> > Exchange server...on the "Access" tab, you click "relay" and add the
> IP
> > address of the BExec server...then stop/restart the SMTP virtual
> server...
> >
> > <nicola@check-tek.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Ben,
> > >
> > > Thanks for the info, apologies for the ignorance but how would I
> allow
> > > Exchange to use BExec Server to relay.
> > >
> > > Thanks again for your help,
> > >
> > > Nicola

> > > Unless it
> > > message.
> > > message to
> Exchange.

> > > their
> set
> > > up with
> > > your

> from

> when
> > > it

> email
> Authorised

> address
> > > from

0
susan7353 (1225)

Sending entire objects via socket vs primitive message fields
I am using a library called "The Network Development Kit". http://www.codeproject.com/internet/ndk.asp The kit allows me to easily establish client/server connections and assemble "messages" (consisting of strings, integers, etc) to pass back and forth between the client and server. With my initial protocol design, I have been passing data via the primitive data field types (strings, int's, etc). The basic logic flow requires me to: 1) Deconstruct the object and assemble the varying field values into a CNDKMessage. 2) Send that message to the server and reconstruct th...

Do not have permission to send to this recipient
I have a client who has Exchange 2003 SP1 installed. Frequently when sending an email to someone they will recieve a message back from System Administrator "You do not have permission to send to this recipient. 5.7.1 smtp;550 Relaying Denied" I have the "Allow All Computer Which Successfully Authenticate to Relay Regardless of list above" checked in the SMTP Virtual Connector. This has not helped. I checked to see if their domain is on any SPAM LIST and it's not. They do not have Open Relay on their server. Please give me some suggestions of how I can fix thi...

Excel Progrom Error

Setup of Generic Out of office Message office 2003/2007
Hi, Out Communications department want's us to setup a standard out of office message for all mailboxes in the organisation. They want every user to have access to the generic Out of Office message. Is there a way I can create an Outlook template or something that I could give all users to put in their mailbox Out of Office area. thanks -- Kath ...

Sharebuilder account import error

Messages saved to Deleted Items instead of Drafts
I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 (Office 2003 Pro) in Windows XP Pro SP2, with all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a Reply and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted Items folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one would do if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items folder the message is lost. If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced E-mail Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should save them in the...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ERROR

Outlook Express: emails printing too large
When I retrieve my emails they are easy to read. When I print the emails off the font is very large -- 14 pt or larger. What do I need to change to reduce the printable font to normal 10 pt size? ...

error, chkdsk

html format email
How can I, if possible, create html formatted email and/or email templates in crm? I can write some custom add-ins in c# if needed. Thanks, J On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 08:41:24 -0500, "Scanner2001" <jeffsanders125@hotmail.com> wrote: > How can I, if possible, create html formatted email and/or email >templates in crm? You can create html email templates. The secret is to create them in another tool eg Notepad or Dreamweaver then open the html in IE and then cut and paste into the CRM email template window If you have graphics only links to the images are copie...

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

Re: Money 2004

SMTP mail send problem
I'm running Windows/Outlook XP with mail routed through POP3/SMTP university servers. Abruptly, I am no longer able to send mail, though receiving works fine. I get an error message saying that Outlook couldn't connect with the outgoing server. No account settings have changed (I've checked) and I can still telnet to the SMTP server (but not through port 25)and send mail through a web-based university system. I do not have any Norton software on my computer, though I"m unsure about other potential firewalls. I am connecting to the internet through a cable modem which work...

Technical error

Send/Receive at program startup
Hi, I can't figure out how to prevent Outlook 2003 from automatically sending and receiving email when I launch the program. I want to send and receive only when I click the 'Send/Receive' button. Thanks for any ideas. Steve Uncheck the automatic polling option under Tools->Options->Mail Setup. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Steve Prescott asked: | Hi, |...

CObject Private method access error

Email Just One Sheet
Is there a way to email just one sheet of many in a workbook as a attachment. I have supervisors in the field that have field tickects they keep in one work book. They email them over a satelite connection, so I would like to just send the ticket for that day. Thanks, Chance Hi Chance Ron de Bruin is the expert on this. Tons of code at his page http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm and at the very end a free downloadable add-in that does this and more for you. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup only please "Chance" <clagarde@tetratec.com> skrev ...

Cannot remove email from user
Exchange 2003 on Windows server 2000, selecting an SMTP email for a user and selecting to remove it. Once removed it comes back within a few hours - arhhhhhh!!!! It's driving me crazy because it makes itself the primary address aswell. Any help would be greatly appriciated. you mean an smtp address? is "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy." selected? is it an address your recipient policy specifies? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] <itsshaz@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1152197598.537329.317470@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... > Exchange 2003 ...

Error in closing Outlook