Error Message: RPC Server is unavailable. Win32 c00706ba

Hi!

Since a couple of days I get an error message within the System Manager MMC
of Exchange 2003 SP2 if I try to open the database property tab of a
mailboxstore from my desktop.

This is very strange because if I try to open the same tab from the Exchange
Server directly everthing works fine.

SP2 is installed on both  - server and desktop.

Does anybody has got a hint for a solution or even an explanation for that?!
0
Murray (19)

Hi

Take a look at the following MS KB:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320073/en-us

The symptoms are a little similar and the error is the same, and I suspect
the problem could be related. I would put my money on a DNS/WINS network
settings issue.

Regards

Ben Hoffman
Microsoft MVP - Exchange
http://www.exchangeis.com

"Murray" <Murray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> Since a couple of days I get an error message within the System Manager
> MMC
> of Exchange 2003 SP2 if I try to open the database property tab of a
> mailboxstore from my desktop.
>
> This is very strange because if I try to open the same tab from the
> Exchange
> Server directly everthing works fine.
>
> SP2 is installed on both  - server and desktop.
>
> Does anybody has got a hint for a solution or even an explanation for
> that?!

0
ben.hoffman (411)
9/4/2006 10:21:58 AM
Hi Ben,

thanks for replying to my message.

I already had a look onto the KB you mentioned and checked whether the
System Attendant service is up and running and file and printer sharing is
enabled for both Exchange Servers. I'm able to connect to several fileshares
on both machines. What do you expect from false network settings? Is there an
overview of necessary DNS/WINS settings for Exchange 2003 Servers?

Host (A) entries for both - machine and cluster nodes - have been added to
DNS during installation which was a long time ago. Do I need SRV service
entries, too?

Thanks

Thomas

"Ben Hoffman [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Take a look at the following MS KB:
>
> The symptoms are a little similar and the error is the same, and I suspect
> the problem could be related. I would put my money on a DNS/WINS network
> settings issue.
>
> Regards
>
> Ben Hoffman
> Microsoft MVP - Exchange
> http://www.exchangeis.com
>
> "Murray" <Murray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi!
> >
> > Since a couple of days I get an error message within the System Manager
> > MMC
> > of Exchange 2003 SP2 if I try to open the database property tab of a
> > mailboxstore from my desktop.
> >
> > This is very strange because if I try to open the same tab from the
> > Exchange
> > Server directly everthing works fine.
> >
> > SP2 is installed on both  - server and desktop.
> >
> > Does anybody has got a hint for a solution or even an explanation for
> > that?!

0
Murray (19)

Sending entire objects via socket vs primitive message fields
I am using a library called "The Network Development Kit". http://www.codeproject.com/internet/ndk.asp The kit allows me to easily establish client/server connections and assemble "messages" (consisting of strings, integers, etc) to pass back and forth between the client and server. With my initial protocol design, I have been passing data via the primitive data field types (strings, int's, etc). The basic logic flow requires me to: 1) Deconstruct the object and assemble the varying field values into a CNDKMessage. 2) Send that message to the server and reconstruct th...

Excel Progrom Error

Setup of Generic Out of office Message office 2003/2007
Hi, Out Communications department want's us to setup a standard out of office message for all mailboxes in the organisation. They want every user to have access to the generic Out of Office message. Is there a way I can create an Outlook template or something that I could give all users to put in their mailbox Out of Office area. thanks -- Kath ...

Sharebuilder account import error

Messages saved to Deleted Items instead of Drafts
I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 (Office 2003 Pro) in Windows XP Pro SP2, with all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a Reply and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted Items folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one would do if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items folder the message is lost. If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced E-mail Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should save them in the...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ERROR

error, chkdsk

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

CRM v3 / Win Server 2003
We have CRM v3 on Windows Server 2000. We're experiencing some pretty bad performance and email problems. Emails frequently don't send, windows hang for minutes upon saving changes, we had a permissions error (resulting in emails not sending at all from the web client) solved by changing the app server's SMTP settings, email attachments lose their extension and appear corrupt to the recipient, and we're continually rebooting IIS on the app server to temporarily help alleviate the performance issue. We also upgraded the amount of memory on the app server to 2GB. While tha...

Re: Money 2004

RPC over HTTP requires additional authentication
When I configure Outlook 2003 for RPC over HTTP it requires me to enter username/password again. I have already entered it when I logged into the domain so why should I have to re-enter it? It is very irritating. I am assuming there is some workaround for this annoyance. Does anybody know how to get around this problem or have you all accepted retyping your username/password? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Stephen On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 03:35:02 -0800, "Slacker" <Slacker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I configure Outlook 2003 for RPC ...

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook

Typing message error

Receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks
Hi We have exch2003 cluster and recently we have some note book with Vista, now when we are accessing mailbox through OWA we are getting error when we want to edit (reply, forward) there is article from MS, we want to know does this article also apply to exch clsuter or it is for member server. The artical is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829 Nagori Not sure what you mean by either exch cluster or member server, but basically you will need to install this patch on your FE and BE exchange servers, including your exch cluster servers. To install exch hotfixes or patches, move...

PM Transaction continuing error message #2
We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a query for all documents that were less than 1 or greater the 8 on the PM00400 & PM30200 tables. And updated the ones to what they needed to be. And it worked! And the message went away! But then we ...

outlook.pst error message
When I attmept to open Outlook 2000 (in Windows XP) I get an error message that the file C:Documents and Setting\Owner Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst has detetected an error. It tells me to quit all mail-enabled applications and then use the Inbox repair tool. I have tried to run the repair tool many times and it always crashes before it fin9shes scanning the files. One time it finished the scan and stated that files were damaged and it asked if I wanted to Repair those files. I said yes and it froze up and would not respond. Are there any other ways ...