error message everytime I reboot the exchange server

We are running exchange 2003 on a windows 2003 server box
and everytime I reboot the server I get this error
message,

"WTEXCHANGE" has reported a "Error".  Reported status is:
Queues - "Unknown"
Drives - "Unknown"
Services - "Error"
Memory - "Unknown"
CPU - "Unknown"

The server is working great, we just always get this
message.
Any ideas on what is causing it?

Please email me at jerry.king@ktechserv.com
0
anonymous (74719)

Jerry

It appears you have monitoring setup on the Exchaneg box.  One of the services that you have set to monitor is not starting.  In ESM, expand the 'Tools' folder and open 'Monitoring and Status'.  Right click the 'Status' folder and click 'Properties'.  Ensure that all of the services listed are valid and they all show as started in Computer Management.
0
anonymous (74719)
2/3/2004 1:36:11 AM
"Jerry King" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We are running exchange 2003 on a windows 2003 server box
>and everytime I reboot the server I get this error
>message,
>
>"WTEXCHANGE" has reported a "Error".  Reported status is:
>Queues - "Unknown"
>Drives - "Unknown"
>Services - "Error"
>Memory - "Unknown"
>CPU - "Unknown"
>
>The server is working great, we just always get this
>message.
>Any ideas on what is causing it?

The System Attendant is started and is reporting that at least on of
the services you told it to monitor isn't running. That's a pretty
normal condition. :)

If it happens after the server is started then worry about it.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Public Folder Problem Exchange 2003
[This followup was posted to microsoft.public.exchange.admin and a copy was sent to the cited author.] Currently I have a client that has Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 Server. This was upgraded from Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000. Issue involves some emails that where copied to a public folder. The email shows up in the Exchange System Manager in content pane. However if you try to open the email you get a 501 error. There is no date and time in the listing however all of the other details of the email appear to be present in the content pane. Some of the entries even have an at...

Sending entire objects via socket vs primitive message fields
I am using a library called "The Network Development Kit". http://www.codeproject.com/internet/ndk.asp The kit allows me to easily establish client/server connections and assemble "messages" (consisting of strings, integers, etc) to pass back and forth between the client and server. With my initial protocol design, I have been passing data via the primitive data field types (strings, int's, etc). The basic logic flow requires me to: 1) Deconstruct the object and assemble the varying field values into a CNDKMessage. 2) Send that message to the server and reconstruct th...

Excel Progrom Error

Setup of Generic Out of office Message office 2003/2007
Hi, Out Communications department want's us to setup a standard out of office message for all mailboxes in the organisation. They want every user to have access to the generic Out of Office message. Is there a way I can create an Outlook template or something that I could give all users to put in their mailbox Out of Office area. thanks -- Kath ...

Sharebuilder account import error

Messages saved to Deleted Items instead of Drafts
I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 (Office 2003 Pro) in Windows XP Pro SP2, with all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a Reply and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted Items folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one would do if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items folder the message is lost. If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced E-mail Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should save them in the...

Exchange folders
we are using Exchange 2003 and it is starting to fill up. There is only a 16 GIG limit. I would like to know if there is a way saving the individual folders with the exception of the inbox on either there individual PC or on our File Server. This way the only email that they have saved in Exchange is in there inbox and as they move it into individual folders it will not be in Exchange but be accessable through Outlook.It should look to the user as if there has been no change this is not really possible...your better option would be to upgrade to Enterprise Edition of Exchange...you ca...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ANN: Spam Xecutioner for Exchange
Stashsoft has released it's Spam Xecutioner for Exchange Server. Spam Xecutioner provides superior spam filtering and enterprise class features, without enterprise class pricing. There's even a FREE version for non-commercial use. Here are some of the product features: - Bayesian Analysis - Custom Rules (Wildcard, RegEx, Phonetic & Scripting) - Directory Harvesting Detection - Attachment Filtering - RBL (Weighted DNS and URI blocklists) - Whitelists and Blacklists - Automatic Whitelisting - Testing Tools - User Quarantine Visit the Spam Xecutioner page for more information abou...

ERROR

Change organisation name in Exchange 2003
Hi, We are migrating our XCH 5.5 to XCH 2003. We need to change the organisation name. We can not use XMERGE as we need to keep the rights on the folders. So we need the new 2003 to join the 5.5 organisation: we can not create a new organisation and migrate the mailboxes. Is there a way, once the migration is over, to change the organisation name in Exchange 2003 ? Thks, Alex On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 00:11:35 +0100, "Alex" <alex@alex.alex> wrote: >Hi, > >We are migrating our XCH 5.5 to XCH 2003. We need to change the organisation >name. We can not use XMERGE as we n...

error, chkdsk

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

CRM v3 / Win Server 2003
We have CRM v3 on Windows Server 2000. We're experiencing some pretty bad performance and email problems. Emails frequently don't send, windows hang for minutes upon saving changes, we had a permissions error (resulting in emails not sending at all from the web client) solved by changing the app server's SMTP settings, email attachments lose their extension and appear corrupt to the recipient, and we're continually rebooting IIS on the app server to temporarily help alleviate the performance issue. We also upgraded the amount of memory on the app server to 2GB. While tha...

Re: Money 2004

how to install .oft files (forms) on a Clustered Exchange?
Hi All I have Exchange 2000 cluster active/passive. How does I install Outlook forms (.oft) files on a Clustered Exchange? Thank you, Jack Black ...

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook

Exchange availability at branch offices
Hi, It's a fundamental question regarding Exchange availability at branch offices. We have a single Win2k3 domain across main office and one branch office via WAN. Mangement wants to make sure branch office has access to email "even in the case Exchange goes down in main office." I don't know if there's a better solution than "making sure Exch NEVER goes down in main office" if we ignore WAN and internet issues here. Local vendor suggests to set up a sub domain and put an Exchange server at local branch. I think it's a BAD idea. What will you do? T...