Error Creating New email addresses

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4602D.1003B610

Greetings:

    We have a 2k3 SBS running Exchange with the latest service pack.  We =
have several email addresses that messages sent to are distributed to =
numerous people so the email addresses have been configured as part of a =
distribution group.  A week or so ago, I noticed that the email =
addresses were no longer in the "Email Addresses" tab in the =
distribution group.  I added the addresses again and all but three went =
back in with no problem.  The others error out when I select OK after =
creating them saying that the address already exists in the =
organization.  I can not find the user to witch these addresses are =
assigned - even upon doing an AD search for them.  They used to be part =
of the distro group, like the others that I re-entered.  We need to have =
these addresses available as they have been in use for several years.  =
Any suggestions to remedy this issue would be appreciated.

--=20
Regards,

Jerry M. Gartner

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4602D.1003B610

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Greetings:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; We have a 2k3 SBS =
running=20
Exchange with the latest service pack.&nbsp; We have several email =
addresses=20
that messages sent to are distributed to numerous people so the email =
addresses=20
have been configured as part of a distribution group.&nbsp; A week or so =
ago, I=20
noticed that the email addresses were no longer in the "Email Addresses" =
tab in=20
the distribution group.&nbsp; I added the addresses again and all but =
three went=20
back in with no problem.&nbsp; The others error out when I select OK =
after=20
creating them saying that the address already exists in the =
organization.&nbsp;=20
I can not find the user to witch these addresses are assigned - even =
upon doing=20
an AD search for them.&nbsp; They used to be part of the distro group, =
like the=20
others that I re-entered.&nbsp; We need to have these addresses =
available as=20
they have been in use for several years.&nbsp; Any suggestions to remedy =
this=20
issue&nbsp;would be appreciated.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2><BR>--=20
<BR>Regards,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jerry M. Gartner</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4602D.1003B610--

0
jerry1699 (21)

"Jerry M. Gartner" <jerry@SPAM_BE_GONEgartnerwebdev.com> wrote:

>Greetings:
>
>    We have a 2k3 SBS running Exchange with the latest service pack.  We have several email addresses that messages sent to are distributed to numerous people so the email addresses have been configured as part of a distribution group.  A week or so ago, I noticed that the email addresses were no longer in the "Email Addresses" tab in the distribution group.  I added the addresses again and all but three went back in with no problem.  The others error out when I select OK after creating them saying that the address already exists in the organization.  I can not find the user to witch these addresses are assigned - even upon doing an AD search for them.  They used to be part of the distro group, like the others that I re-entered.  We need to have these addresses available as they have been in use for several years.  Any suggestions to remedy this issue would be appreciated.

Are the addresses assigned to Public Folders?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--
Regards,

Jerry M. Gartner

> Are the addresses assigned to Public Folders?
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

jerry1699 (21)
7/3/2004 5:01:48 AM
"Jerry M. Gartner" <jerry@SPAM_BE_GONEgartnerwebdev.com> wrote:

>nope.

So, if you send a message to the SMTP address and ask for a delivery
receipt, who gets the message?

You can also tack the message and, from the XML file you can save with
the results, what's the name of the object that received the message?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Excel Progrom Error

Copying Sent Emails to Network Folder
Some users on our network were asking if it is possible to copy outgoing messages to a network folder using the address field (either to: or cc:). Is there a way to give a network folder an email address, or is there a code which can be created to allow this to happen. Also, it would not be the same folder for each outgoing message, they would need to change the location based on the project related to the email they are sending. I apologize for shotgunning the message, but I just wasn't sure which board to which to post the question. Thanks in advance for any advice. Please feel free ...

How to create WSDL from XML schemas
There is probably a simple answer to this, but I'm a bit of a newby. I have a couple of complex XSDs that I need to use to define the format of the request and response messages in a SOAP/HTTP web service (no WSDL yet). I need to generate the WSDL from these schemas? What's the easiest way? I thought it might be possible to create a web service in VS.NET and somehow import the schemas but I can't see a way of doing that. (I know there is a web publishing wizard in BizTalk that would do the trick but that's a bit like using a hammer to crack a nut.) On Sep 24, 3:22=...

Sharebuilder account import error

Found new abstract artist webpage
I found this new artist and I love the work. I have already have a couple hanging in my home. http://www.geocities.com/thtrchk/ ...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

Create 2nd form using totals from 1st form
I have a main form called an invoice form where a user enters in information into Access regarding an invoice such as Invoice #, Invoice date, Vendor, etc. There is also a subform embedded in the Invoice form that shows lawyer details such as hours, rates, and projects and calculates a total amount per lawyer. My problem is I need another form which groups by invoice # the total fee amount per project, NOT per lawyer - and allows the user on this form to code the fees to a specific department and account so that the invoice can get paid. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? I ...

Exporting and Importing Address Book
Hello, ] My name is Straus Davis. I recently purchased a new computer. I am trying to import my old address book into my new computer in Outlook Express. My old computer used Outlook Express as well. I created a CD, from from the Address Book data from my old computer. I exported the Address Book data from my old computer on a CD. Then I tried to import that data into my new computer. Each time I get an error message, "Windows has encountered an error, and then the program is aborted. What is going on? Can you help me. Thanks Straus Not here. This newsgroup is for support of O...

ERROR

Outlook Express: emails printing too large
When I retrieve my emails they are easy to read. When I print the emails off the font is very large -- 14 pt or larger. What do I need to change to reduce the printable font to normal 10 pt size? ...

error, chkdsk

error 0x800CCC0F

html format email
How can I, if possible, create html formatted email and/or email templates in crm? I can write some custom add-ins in c# if needed. Thanks, J On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 08:41:24 -0500, "Scanner2001" <jeffsanders125@hotmail.com> wrote: > How can I, if possible, create html formatted email and/or email >templates in crm? You can create html email templates. The secret is to create them in another tool eg Notepad or Dreamweaver then open the html in IE and then cut and paste into the CRM email template window If you have graphics only links to the images are copie...

4.4.7 error

Excel error codes translations

delete server...routing master error

Re: Money 2004

Technical error

new installation and my inbox doesn't show hotmail folders or mai.
Help I can't get Inbox to display any items from my hotmail inbox, they all display in a separate folder Http accounts will always have a separate folder. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Faith asked: | Help I can't get Inbox to display any items from my hotmail inbox, | they all display in a separate folder ...

Doubled Downloaded Emails
I'm a new involuntary convert from OE6 WinXP to WLMD Win 7. On both programs I set up my accounts. I use two email addresses - let's call them PT@xyz.COM and PT@xyz.US. My WLM shows the two accounts (inbox, junk mail, deleted, etc..) one above the other. But when I get new messages (by clicking Synch all email account) all the downloaded messages appear identically in the inbox or junk mail folders of both accounts. Since 95% of my messages arrive in the PT.com address, my OE6 was configured with a mail rule to move all such messages to a created folder for them. Is ...

New 2005 Installation.
Am trying to install 2005 fresh, ie not an upgrade. I get stopped at the passport screen. I enter my passport email address and password but it tells me one is incorrect. I can go to MSN and sign into passport with no problem using the same password and email. Any help??? Do you have a firewall? You might have to make changes. "Dean Davis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:387701c4aa42$2c1f51b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Am trying to install 2005 fresh, ie not an upgrade. I > get stopped at the passport screen. I enter my passport > ema...

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook