Error 8270 ldap error

Hello,
I've a big problem with exchange 2003 and one error : 8270
"LDAP returne error [34] not avaiable ...."
This error flood my event log, and i don't find how to resolve the problem.

On microsoft support i found : this error is caused by dns or network
problem, but after test i'm almost sure there is no problem.
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en;313167)

So my network contain several child domain link by VPN to my principal
network.
I've exchange only in the principal domain, and in child domain i've just
executed setup /domainprep.
So i've mail avaiable in child domain, but when the recipient update execute
i've lot of error 8270.

Someone can help me.
Forgive me for my english (i'm french guy).

0
Lionel

Hi Lionel,

I would run NetDiag from your that server with the "/v" switch (verbose).
Look the output over for any failures.  That may give you an indication of
whether there are in fact any DNS problems with the child domain you're
trying to install Exchange into.

Good luck,
Colby

--
Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias.  This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

"Lionel Caignec" <-@-.fr> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I've a big problem with exchange 2003 and one error : 8270
> "LDAP returne error [34] not avaiable ...."
> This error flood my event log, and i don't find how to resolve the
> problem.
>
> On microsoft support i found : this error is caused by dns or network
> problem, but after test i'm almost sure there is no problem.
> (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en;313167)
>
> So my network contain several child domain link by VPN to my principal
> network.
> I've exchange only in the principal domain, and in child domain i've just
> executed setup /domainprep.
> So i've mail avaiable in child domain, but when the recipient update
> execute
> i've lot of error 8270.
>
> Someone can help me.
> Forgive me for my english (i'm french guy).

0
colbyh (100)
4/14/2004 3:57:37 PM
Hello thanx for your help Colby,
i've executed the netdiag diagnostic, and the only test that failed is
kerberos.

Testing Kerberos authentication... Failed

Cached Tickets:
    Server: krbtgt/domain.FR
        End Time: 4/16/2004 15:26:06
        Renew Time: 4/20/2004 8:35:28
    Server: krbtgt/chield1.domain.FR
        End Time: 4/14/2004 14:15:42
        Renew Time: 4/20/2004 8:35:28
    Server: krbtgt/chield2.domain.FR
        End Time: 4/14/2004 14:15:42
        Renew Time: 4/20/2004 8:35:28
    Server: krbtgt/chield3.domain.FR
        End Time: 4/14/2004 14:15:42
        Renew Time: 4/20/2004 8:35:28
    Server: krbtgt/chield4.domain.FR
        End Time: 4/14/2004 14:15:42
        Renew Time: 4/20/2004 8:35:28
    Server: krbtgt/chield5.domain.FR
        End Time: 4/14/2004 14:15:42
        Renew Time: 4/20/2004 8:35:28
    Server: EXCHANGE$
        End Time: 4/13/2004 18:35:28
        Renew Time: 4/20/2004 8:35:28
        [FATAL] Kerberos does not have a ticket for host/exchange.domain.fr

i don't know if it's big issue, could you tell me more about this problem
and how repair it?
Thank's for your response.

"Colby Holland [MSFT]" <colbyh@online.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message
de news:%23Mq32kjIEHA.3240@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi Lionel,
>
> I would run NetDiag from your that server with the "/v" switch (verbose).
> Look the output over for any failures.  That may give you an indication of
> whether there are in fact any DNS problems with the child domain you're
> trying to install Exchange into.
>
> Good luck,
> Colby
>
> --
> Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias.  This alias is for
> newsgroup purposes only.

rights.

> "Lionel Caignec" <-@-.fr> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > I've a big problem with exchange 2003 and one error : 8270
> > "LDAP returne error [34] not avaiable ...."
> > This error flood my event log, and i don't find how to resolve the
> > problem.
> >
> > On microsoft support i found : this error is caused by dns or network
> > problem, but after test i'm almost sure there is no problem.
> > (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en;313167)
> >
> > So my network contain several child domain link by VPN to my principal
> > network.
> > I've exchange only in the principal domain, and in child domain i've
just
> > executed setup /domainprep.
> > So i've mail avaiable in child domain, but when the recipient update
> > execute
> > i've lot of error 8270.
> >
> > Someone can help me.
> > Forgive me for my english (i'm french guy).

0
Lionel
4/16/2004 6:59:49 AM
Hi Lionel,

Once you have identified which domains are involved in Event ID 8270, to
eliminate Event ID 8270, troubleshoot physical network connectivity
(including
firewall configuration) and DNS name resolution is available between the
domain
where the Exchange 200x server exists and the domain reported in Event ID
8270.

The domain name may appear as a GUID--in which case you'd have to use a tool
or some such to translate the GUID into the domain name.

I know this is ambiguous, but I don't have the whole error message available
to me.

Good luck,
Colby

--

> [...]
>> > I've a big problem with exchange 2003 and one error : 8270
>> > "LDAP returne error [34] not avaiable ...."
>> > This error flood my event log, and i don't find how to resolve the
>> > problem.
>> >
>> > On microsoft support i found : this error is caused by dns or network
>> > problem, but after test i'm almost sure there is no problem.
>> > (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en;313167)
>> >
>> > So my network contain several child domain link by VPN to my principal
>> > network.
>> > I've exchange only in the principal domain, and in child domain i've
> just
>> > executed setup /domainprep.
>> > So i've mail avaiable in child domain, but when the recipient update
>> > execute
>> > i've lot of error 8270.
>> >
>> > Someone can help me.
>> > Forgive me for my english (i'm french guy).

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ERROR

error, chkdsk

error 0x800CCC0F

4.4.7 error

Excel error codes translations

delete server...routing master error

Re: Money 2004

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook

Typing message error

Receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks
Hi We have exch2003 cluster and recently we have some note book with Vista, now when we are accessing mailbox through OWA we are getting error when we want to edit (reply, forward) there is article from MS, we want to know does this article also apply to exch clsuter or it is for member server. The artical is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829 Nagori Not sure what you mean by either exch cluster or member server, but basically you will need to install this patch on your FE and BE exchange servers, including your exch cluster servers. To install exch hotfixes or patches, move...

outlook.pst error message
When I attmept to open Outlook 2000 (in Windows XP) I get an error message that the file C:Documents and Setting\Owner Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst has detetected an error. It tells me to quit all mail-enabled applications and then use the Inbox repair tool. I have tried to run the repair tool many times and it always crashes before it fin9shes scanning the files. One time it finished the scan and stated that files were damaged and it asked if I wanted to Repair those files. I said yes and it froze up and would not respond. Are there any other ways ...

PM Transaction continuing error message #2
We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a query for all documents that were less than 1 or greater the 8 on the PM00400 & PM30200 tables. And updated the ones to what they needed to be. And it worked! And the message went away! But then we ...

Message "An error has occured" when click Activity
Hi All, After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". Has anybody encounter this issue before? Previously it was working fine, after we import the customization. I have problem to create new email activity. Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict what does the Event Viewer say? "Venedict" wrote: > Hi All, > > After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, > message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". &g...

error messages #3
I had the error message... > cannot SKU011.cab I soved this by following the instructions listed here. > http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/Profile/?referrer=http%3a%2f%2fsocial.msdn.microsoft.com%2fForums%2fen-US%2fvssetup%2fthread%2f5493e068-01d3-4e96-a9b1-58020bc94e69%2f&rh=YI7rGXc4iv4rR%2b2JUZeQQv4OEnxWySPD0w%2bJjbDQwzE%3d > Then I received the error message... > 1311 source not found C:\MSOCache\All > Users\90000409-6000-11D3-8CFE-015204838309\PA561401.CAB > I do not have the install disks for Microsoft Office Professional 2003. My > computer was build by som...

Pub error
I get the following message whenever I scan photos in Corel Photopaint and copy paste into Pub 2003. Happens on all my computers. Happens after scanning about 6 pictures or so. Publisher cannot launch or communicate with the OLE server program needed to complete the task. There may not be enough disk space, or there may be a problem with the server program. To make more disk space available, delete some unneeded files on your hard disk. If you suspect a problem with the server program, try reinstalling it. Then try this task again. Is there a way to correct this? Scan your p...

GP upgrade from 8 to 10 error message
I upgrade from GP7.5 to GP8 few months back and now I am trying to upgrade it to GP10 in lab environment. I followed the line by line instruction in upgrade instructions. I also installed sp3 but whenever I try to urn GP Utility it is giving me this error message "Database Name" Advanced security product 3104 does not support upgrading from version 7.50 or prior" "report scheduler Product 3278 does not support upgrading from version 7.50" Any help will be appreciated. Please be gentle it is my first time that I am playing with this product. Thanks, Abid, You m...

Error Checking & Break Point Failure
I have a database (FE + BE) in A2000 which has suffered some corruption (I think). The problem is that the Break Point facility no longer works. I can enter a break point (the line goes brown) but when the code executes the break point is ignored. Other databases on the same hard disk seem to work OK. So far I have done the following :- Compiled the code, no errors shown. Decompiled the database file. Compacted and Repaired the file. Tried the JETCOMP facility from MS. Looked at Allen Browne's site but could not see anything relevant. I have reverted to my back up copies from 1 and 2 wee...