Error 4294965488: Disk Space Problem

Two days back I restored my Exchange 5.5 information store. It worked ok for
2 days but now the IS service does not start and gives an error 4294965488. I
know this is related to Disk Space. I tried taking online backup in the hope
that it will delete the log files. Unfortunately, it still gives the same
error. I think since the IS is not in Service, the log files are not getting
deleted. Moreover, my disk shows up 6.2GB free space. My Priv.edb and Pub.edb
files together takes about 4.2GB space.
I also could not find any log files. Is there a way out of this. How can I
bring the IS back up.
0
mugs (19)

what does the exact error say?  what event ID?  you cannot take an online
backup if the IS is not started...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"mugs" <mugs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Two days back I restored my Exchange 5.5 information store. It worked ok
for
> 2 days but now the IS service does not start and gives an error
4294965488. I
> know this is related to Disk Space. I tried taking online backup in the
hope
> that it will delete the log files. Unfortunately, it still gives the same
> error. I think since the IS is not in Service, the log files are not
getting
> deleted. Moreover, my disk shows up 6.2GB free space. My Priv.edb and
Pub.edb
> files together takes about 4.2GB space.
> I also could not find any log files. Is there a way out of this. How can I
> bring the IS back up.

0
sconkey (3059)
1/3/2006 9:01:57 PM
How is/are the disk/s partitioned? Do you have the IS on a 10.4GB disk and
the logs are going to another volume by any chance?

Search for E*.log to find your Exchange log files.

Anything in the event log give more info?

Nick

"Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> what does the exact error say?  what event ID?  you cannot take an online
> backup if the IS is not started...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "mugs" <mugs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Two days back I restored my Exchange 5.5 information store. It worked ok
> for
>> 2 days but now the IS service does not start and gives an error
> 4294965488. I
>> know this is related to Disk Space. I tried taking online backup in the
> hope
>> that it will delete the log files. Unfortunately, it still gives the same
>> error. I think since the IS is not in Service, the log files are not
> getting
>> deleted. Moreover, my disk shows up 6.2GB free space. My Priv.edb and
> Pub.edb
>> files together takes about 4.2GB space.
>> I also could not find any log files. Is there a way out of this. How can
>> bring the IS back up.

0
nick5968 (262)
1/3/2006 9:20:35 PM
Thanks for your reply. I am replying to both Nick and Susan here:

The Error on Event log is 0xfffffc07.

The disk have two partitions, Drive C: for 2.5GB (Free space 1.2GB) and
Drive D: for 22GB (free space 6.1GB). Information Store Logs were in
C:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\. I now changed it to D:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA. Directory
Service Logs are in D:\Exchsrvr\DSADATA.

Hope this info is sufficient.
"Nick Gillott [MVP]" wrote:

> How is/are the disk/s partitioned? Do you have the IS on a 10.4GB disk and
> the logs are going to another volume by any chance?
>
> Search for E*.log to find your Exchange log files.
>
> Anything in the event log give more info?
>
> Nick
>
> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> > what does the exact error say?  what event ID?  you cannot take an online
> > backup if the IS is not started...
> >
> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >

> > "mugs" <mugs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Two days back I restored my Exchange 5.5 information store. It worked ok
> > for
> >> 2 days but now the IS service does not start and gives an error
> > 4294965488. I
> >> know this is related to Disk Space. I tried taking online backup in the
> > hope
> >> that it will delete the log files. Unfortunately, it still gives the same
> >> error. I think since the IS is not in Service, the log files are not
> > getting
> >> deleted. Moreover, my disk shows up 6.2GB free space. My Priv.edb and
> > Pub.edb
> >> files together takes about 4.2GB space.
> >> I also could not find any log files. Is there a way out of this. How can
> >> bring the IS back up.

0
mugs (19)
1/3/2006 10:11:02 PM
so are you running the Standard version of Exchange?  Have you run into the
16 GB limit that exists on Standard Edition?  and why did you perform a
restore a couple of days ago?

--

> Thanks for your reply. I am replying to both Nick and Susan here:
>
> The Error on Event log is 0xfffffc07.
>
> The disk have two partitions, Drive C: for 2.5GB (Free space 1.2GB) and
> Drive D: for 22GB (free space 6.1GB). Information Store Logs were in
> C:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\. I now changed it to D:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA. Directory
> Service Logs are in D:\Exchsrvr\DSADATA.
>
> Hope this info is sufficient.
> "Nick Gillott [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > How is/are the disk/s partitioned? Do you have the IS on a 10.4GB disk
and
> > the logs are going to another volume by any chance?
> >
> > Search for E*.log to find your Exchange log files.
> >
> > Anything in the event log give more info?
> >
> > Nick
> >
> > "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> > > what does the exact error say?  what event ID?  you cannot take an
online
> > > backup if the IS is not started...
> > >
> > > --
> > > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> > >

> > > "mugs" <mugs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > for
> > > 4294965488. I
> > > hope
> > > getting
> > > Pub.edb

0
sconkey (3059)
1/3/2006 10:16:18 PM

"Susan" wrote:

> what does the exact error say?  what event ID?  you cannot take an online
> backup if the IS is not started...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "mugs" <mugs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Two days back I restored my Exchange 5.5 information store. It worked ok
> for
> > 2 days but now the IS service does not start and gives an error
> 4294965488. I
> > know this is related to Disk Space. I tried taking online backup in the
> hope
> > that it will delete the log files. Unfortunately, it still gives the same
> > error. I think since the IS is not in Service, the log files are not
> getting
> > deleted. Moreover, my disk shows up 6.2GB free space. My Priv.edb and
> Pub.edb
> > files together takes about 4.2GB space.
> > I also could not find any log files. Is there a way out of this. How can I
> > bring the IS back up.

0
mugs (19)
1/3/2006 10:22:06 PM
Thanks again. I am running Exchange 5.5 with the last SP on it. I don't think
I have reached the 16GB limit on Std version yet. In fact my whole Exchange
Server takes up about 9GB space including Edb, log files and archives.

My Priv.edb got corrupt and I was not able to start it, hence I had to
perform a restore. It did work after the restore but now I have this problem.
Hope you will be able to give me a solution.

Thanks again.

mugs

"Susan" wrote:

> so are you running the Standard version of Exchange?  Have you run into the
> 16 GB limit that exists on Standard Edition?  and why did you perform a
> restore a couple of days ago?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "mugs" <mugs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for your reply. I am replying to both Nick and Susan here:
> >
> > The Error on Event log is 0xfffffc07.
> >
> > The disk have two partitions, Drive C: for 2.5GB (Free space 1.2GB) and
> > Drive D: for 22GB (free space 6.1GB). Information Store Logs were in
> > C:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\. I now changed it to D:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA. Directory
> > Service Logs are in D:\Exchsrvr\DSADATA.
> >
> > Hope this info is sufficient.
> > "Nick Gillott [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > How is/are the disk/s partitioned? Do you have the IS on a 10.4GB disk
> and
> > > the logs are going to another volume by any chance?
> > >
> > > Search for E*.log to find your Exchange log files.
> > >
> > > Anything in the event log give more info?
> > >
> > > Nick
> > >
> > > "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> online

> ok
> the
> same
> can

0
mugs (19)
1/3/2006 10:44:01 PM
are you certain?  how large is your priv.edb?  your pub.edb?

--

> Thanks again. I am running Exchange 5.5 with the last SP on it. I don't
think
> I have reached the 16GB limit on Std version yet. In fact my whole
Exchange
> Server takes up about 9GB space including Edb, log files and archives.
>
> My Priv.edb got corrupt and I was not able to start it, hence I had to
> perform a restore. It did work after the restore but now I have this
problem.
> Hope you will be able to give me a solution.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> mugs
>

> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > so are you running the Standard version of Exchange?  Have you run into
the
> > 16 GB limit that exists on Standard Edition?  and why did you perform a
> > restore a couple of days ago?
> >
> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >

> > "mugs" <mugs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks for your reply. I am replying to both Nick and Susan here:
> > >
> > > The Error on Event log is 0xfffffc07.
> > >
> > > The disk have two partitions, Drive C: for 2.5GB (Free space 1.2GB)
and
> > > Drive D: for 22GB (free space 6.1GB). Information Store Logs were in
> > > C:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\. I now changed it to D:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA.
Directory
> > > Service Logs are in D:\Exchsrvr\DSADATA.
> > >
> > > Hope this info is sufficient.

> > and

> > online

> > ok
> > the
> > same
How
> > can

0
sconkey (3059)
1/3/2006 10:50:00 PM
The Priv.edb is 4.05GB and the pub.edb is around 40MB.

"Susan" wrote:

> are you certain?  how large is your priv.edb?  your pub.edb?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "mugs" <mugs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks again. I am running Exchange 5.5 with the last SP on it. I don't
> think
> > I have reached the 16GB limit on Std version yet. In fact my whole
> Exchange
> > Server takes up about 9GB space including Edb, log files and archives.
> >
> > My Priv.edb got corrupt and I was not able to start it, hence I had to
> > perform a restore. It did work after the restore but now I have this
> problem.
> > Hope you will be able to give me a solution.
> >
> > Thanks again.
> >
> > mugs
> >

> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > so are you running the Standard version of Exchange?  Have you run into
> the
> > > 16 GB limit that exists on Standard Edition?  and why did you perform a
> > > restore a couple of days ago?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> > >

> > > "mugs" <mugs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> and
> Directory

> disk
> > > and

> > > online

> worked
> > > ok
> in
> > > the
> the
> > > same
> not
> and
> How
> > > can

0
mugs (19)
1/3/2006 11:16:03 PM
the only thing I could find on this error number is something referrring to
edbutil...nothing else...were you trying to do an offline defrag or
something?

--

> The Priv.edb is 4.05GB and the pub.edb is around 40MB.
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > are you certain?  how large is your priv.edb?  your pub.edb?
> >
> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >

> > "mugs" <mugs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks again. I am running Exchange 5.5 with the last SP on it. I
don't
> > think
> > > I have reached the 16GB limit on Std version yet. In fact my whole
> > Exchange
> > > Server takes up about 9GB space including Edb, log files and archives.
> > >
> > > My Priv.edb got corrupt and I was not able to start it, hence I had to
> > > perform a restore. It did work after the restore but now I have this
> > problem.
> > > Hope you will be able to give me a solution.
> > >
> > > Thanks again.
> > >
> > > mugs

> > the

> > and
> > Directory

> > disk

It
> > worked
> > in
> > the
> > not
Priv.edb
> > and
> > How

0
sconkey (3059)
1/3/2006 11:20:47 PM
Yes I did a offline defrag.

"Susan" wrote:

> the only thing I could find on this error number is something referrring to
> edbutil...nothing else...were you trying to do an offline defrag or
> something?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "mugs" <mugs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The Priv.edb is 4.05GB and the pub.edb is around 40MB.
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > are you certain?  how large is your priv.edb?  your pub.edb?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> > >

> > > "mugs" <mugs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> don't
> > > think
> > > Exchange

> > > problem.

> into
> > > the
> perform a

> 1.2GB)
> > > and
> in
> > > Directory

> 10.4GB
> > > disk

> take an

> It
> > > worked
> error
> backup
> > > in
> gives
> > > the
> are
> > > not
> Priv.edb
> > > and
> this.
> > > How

0
mugs (19)
1/3/2006 11:35:02 PM
is that when the error came up?  did the defrag complete?  maybe that is
your problem...?

--

> Yes I did a offline defrag.
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > the only thing I could find on this error number is something referrring
> > edbutil...nothing else...were you trying to do an offline defrag or
> > something?
> >
> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >

> > "mugs" <mugs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > The Priv.edb is 4.05GB and the pub.edb is around 40MB.

> > don't

> > into
> > perform a

> > 1.2GB)
> > in

> > 10.4GB

> > take an

> > It
> > error
> > backup
> > gives
> > are
> > Priv.edb
> > this.

0
sconkey (3059)
1/3/2006 11:41:37 PM
The defrag did not complete the first time, but in second try it did get
completed. If this is the problem, is there a solution?

"Susan" wrote:

> is that when the error came up?  did the defrag complete?  maybe that is
> your problem...?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "mugs" <mugs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes I did a offline defrag.
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > the only thing I could find on this error number is something referrring
> > > edbutil...nothing else...were you trying to do an offline defrag or
> > > something?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> > >

> > > "mugs" <mugs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > don't
> archives.

> had to
> this

> run
> > > into
> > > perform a

> here:

> > > 1.2GB)
> were
> > > in

> > > 10.4GB

> > > take an

> store.
> > > It
> > > error
> > > backup
> still
> > > gives
> files
> > > are
> > > Priv.edb
> of
> > > this.

0
mugs (19)
1/3/2006 11:49:02 PM
did you do your restore before or after the defrag?  you've been unable to
mount the store since performing the defrag, is that correct?

--

> The defrag did not complete the first time, but in second try it did get
> completed. If this is the problem, is there a solution?
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > is that when the error came up?  did the defrag complete?  maybe that is
> > your problem...?
> >
> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >

> > "mugs" <mugs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Yes I did a offline defrag.

> > archives.

> > had to
> > this

> > run

Susan
> > here:

Logs
> > were
D:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA.

> > store.
> > still
> > files
My
> > of

0
sconkey (3059)
1/4/2006 12:09:15 AM
Yes I am unable to mount the store after defrag.

"Susan" wrote:

> did you do your restore before or after the defrag?  you've been unable to
> mount the store since performing the defrag, is that correct?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "mugs" <mugs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The defrag did not complete the first time, but in second try it did get
> > completed. If this is the problem, is there a solution?
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > is that when the error came up?  did the defrag complete?  maybe that is
> > > your problem...?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> > >

> > > "mugs" <mugs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> referrring

> it. I
> whole
> > > archives.

> > > had to
> have
> > > this

> you
> > > run
> you

> Susan
> > > here:

> space
> Logs
> > > were
> D:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA.

> cannot

> message

> > > store.
> gives an
> online
> > > still
> log
> > > files
> My
> out
> > > of

0
mugs (19)
1/4/2006 12:17:01 AM
in that case, if you've been unable to get the store running since then, I
would try another restore....why were you doing the defrag?

--

> Yes I am unable to mount the store after defrag.
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > did you do your restore before or after the defrag?  you've been unable
> > mount the store since performing the defrag, is that correct?
> >
> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >

> > "mugs" <mugs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > The defrag did not complete the first time, but in second try it did
get
> > > completed. If this is the problem, is there a solution?

> > referrring

> > it. I
> > whole

> > have

Have
> > you
> > you

> > Susan

> > space
Store
> > Logs
> > D:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA.

IS on

you
> > cannot

> > message

> > gives an
> > online
> > log
> > My
> > out

0
sconkey (3059)
1/4/2006 2:46:07 PM
Thanks for your reply. I will try it again. But is there any other way or
workaround? Also, which articles from Microsoft should I read to be aware or
disk space problem.

"Susan" wrote:

> in that case, if you've been unable to get the store running since then, I
> would try another restore....why were you doing the defrag?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "mugs" <mugs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes I am unable to mount the store after defrag.
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > did you do your restore before or after the defrag?  you've been unable
> > > mount the store since performing the defrag, is that correct?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> > >

> > > "mugs" <mugs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> get

> that is

> > > referrring
> or

> on
> > > it. I
> my
> > > whole
> and

> hence
> > > have

> Have
> > > you
> did
> > > you

> > > Susan

> > > space
> Store
> > > Logs
> > > D:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA.

> IS on

> message
> you
> > > cannot

> > > message

> information
> > > gives an
> taking
> > > online
> it
> the
> > > log
> space.
> > > My
> way
> > > out

0
mugs (19)

Excel Progrom Error

Data Migration Problem #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C4C0C4.D0290A10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Bonjour all, I have been struggling with the data migration problem for a long = time... and get stuck in the middle of the road. I am importing company data from either excel or text files into the = cdf_Product table of SQL server (cdf_mscrm database) using the SQL Query = Analyzer, where a problem is encountered that in the table structure, = there exists the product id as the primary key (data type: SQLI...

Sharebuilder account import error

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

Problems with Using Query with Analyze it with Microsoft Excel
We have a problem with Access 2003 and EXCEL 2003. I have a QUERY from ACCESS 2003 and hit the following sequence of commands - "TOOLS" "OFFICE LINKS" and "ANALYZE IT WITH MICROSOFT EXCEL". I notice the Excel pops up and I see fields being imported and when it is down the Excel spreadsheet is blank - not even a blank spreadsheet comes up. What am I doing wrong. We need Access 2003 to link to the data in Excel so we can edit and modify it using EXCEL as well as ACCESS. Thanks for your help. JW ...

ERROR

error, chkdsk

How do I change double spacing to single in Outlook 2002?
When entering data in my contacts in Outlook 2002, all of a sudden the line spacing changes from single spacing to double. How do I fix that? ...

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

Re: Money 2004

SMTP mail send problem
I'm running Windows/Outlook XP with mail routed through POP3/SMTP university servers. Abruptly, I am no longer able to send mail, though receiving works fine. I get an error message saying that Outlook couldn't connect with the outgoing server. No account settings have changed (I've checked) and I can still telnet to the SMTP server (but not through port 25)and send mail through a web-based university system. I do not have any Norton software on my computer, though I"m unsure about other potential firewalls. I am connecting to the internet through a cable modem which work...

Problem with attachments
Hi, I have a user who attaches multiple attachments e.g. .ppt, .doc, xls and .pdf in an e-mail. But Outlook 2000 randomly changes the order of the attachments and also sometimes deletes one of the attachments. So if the user takes a print on the mail before sending it and then after it has been sent takes a new print from the folder Sent Items the e-mail are changed. The attachments are in unordered and sometimes one is missing. We are using Outlook 2000 on the client and Exchange 5.5 as mail server, every update and sp are installed on the client and server. Thank you in advance Ilm...

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook

Typing message error

probably a simple table problem
Hi there. Ok, I have a table with 5 columns which I keep the data in. On another sheet I want a table which arranges the data from that tabl in ascending order, and throws out the values which have a 0 in it. Here's an example Barn - 1 - 0 - 1 - 2 farm - 0 - 2 - 1 - 0 firm - 2 - 1 - 0 - 0 A drop-down list picks if you arrange the data depending on column 2 3, 4 or 5. Column 1 is never listed as a choice (of course, as it' just the name for the thing). Let's say we pick column 1, then the table I want puts firm at the top then barn, and doesn't show farm. How can I do th...

Receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks
Hi We have exch2003 cluster and recently we have some note book with Vista, now when we are accessing mailbox through OWA we are getting error when we want to edit (reply, forward) there is article from MS, we want to know does this article also apply to exch clsuter or it is for member server. The artical is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829 Nagori Not sure what you mean by either exch cluster or member server, but basically you will need to install this patch on your FE and BE exchange servers, including your exch cluster servers. To install exch hotfixes or patches, move...

PM Transaction continuing error message #2
We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a query for all documents that were less than 1 or greater the 8 on the PM00400 & PM30200 tables. And updated the ones to what they needed to be. And it worked! And the message went away! But then we ...