Error -2147024773 when changing passwords in OWA

Hi,

Mac clients cant seem to change their Windows password using OWA. The error
number -2147024773 appears during the password change process.

Can anyone help?

Other information:
Exchange Server 2003/Windows Server 2003 in mixed mode: with SSL installed
and the "Change Password Feature in Outlook Web Access" enabled (KB327134)
Macs: OS 9 using IE4.5 and IE5.
Windows PCs can change passwords without problem.
Intermittently I can change the password on the IE4.5 Mac but most of the
time I get the error above.

Thanks,
Martin

0
martin_ml (3)

Can user's who are using a PC change their domain password via iisadmpwd? There's a simple fixs which involves creating a domain user account and then telling IIS to use that account. I'm sure when you enabled the iisadmpwd virtual site by default the account that get's used is IUSR_SERVERNAME. You need to change this account to the account for which you have just created. This account doesn't need any special rights just as long as it's a domain user account. The IUSR_SERVERNAME doesn't have access to the active directory to help process the user password change. Hope this helps! Make sure the domain account that are using for this site is using SSL and that the password doesn't expire and can not change password.
0
anonymous (74718)
6/2/2004 5:21:02 PM
Yes, users on PCs can change their password via iisadmpwd.
Do I still need to change the domain user account as you describe?

Thanks,
Martin

"T-Rex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can user's who are using a PC change their domain password via iisadmpwd?
There's a simple fixs which involves creating a domain user account and then
telling IIS to use that account. I'm sure when you enabled the iisadmpwd
virtual site by default the account that get's used is IUSR_SERVERNAME. You
need to change this account to the account for which you have just created.
This account doesn't need any special rights just as long as it's a domain
user account. The IUSR_SERVERNAME doesn't have access to the active
directory to help process the user password change. Hope this helps! Make
sure the domain account that are using for this site is using SSL and that
the password doesn't expire and can not change password.

0
martin_ml (3)

Excel Progrom Error

dynamically changing CHeaderCtrl size in CListCtrl............
I am dynamically changing the height of the header control (CHeaderCtrl) in my list control (CListCtrl). I derived CMyHeaderCtrl from CHeaderCtrl and intercept message HDM_LAYOUT, so that I can set the header control height to a desired value corresponding to current program state. Then in the list control code, I send message HDM_LAYOUT to the header control or call pMyHeaderCtrl->Layout(), after getting the value, I call pMyHeaderCtrl->SetWindowPos(...) to change the header control height. Everthing works fine up to now, I can successfully change the header control height. Howe...

Changing a result ending in 32ths to 16ths i.e. 5 5/32 to 5 3/16
I have a cell where a number (variable) i.e. 10 5/16 which in another cell I have to divide it in half. The problem is that the number will end with a 32 fraction like 5 5/32. I need that or any other result to end in 16 i.e. 5 3/16. I work in a carton corrugator and we don't use 32ths in measures. We use 16ths and up. Please help! In recent versions of Excel: Format>Cells>Fraction>as sixteenths In older versions: Format>Cells>Custom># ?/16 -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "WGL" <WGL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Sharebuilder account import error

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

FRX 6.7 Does not recognize user signon or password.
I am setting up FRX 6.7 on a test pc with Windows XP, and Microsoft Office 2003, I tried to signon to The General Fund as the administrator, but it does not recognize the password. It does not recognize passwords from any users. Therefore no one can sign on I believe this was fixed in a service pack.... If you already have FRx installed elsewhere, you should match the service pack that you have there. If you do not, the latest service pack is SP 9. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "janieb" <janieb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

ERROR

error, chkdsk

Change organisation name in Exchange 2003
Hi, We are migrating our XCH 5.5 to XCH 2003. We need to change the organisation name. We can not use XMERGE as we need to keep the rights on the folders. So we need the new 2003 to join the 5.5 organisation: we can not create a new organisation and migrate the mailboxes. Is there a way, once the migration is over, to change the organisation name in Exchange 2003 ? Thks, Alex On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 00:11:35 +0100, "Alex" <alex@alex.alex> wrote: >Hi, > >We are migrating our XCH 5.5 to XCH 2003. We need to change the organisation >name. We can not use XMERGE as we n...

How do I change double spacing to single in Outlook 2002?
When entering data in my contacts in Outlook 2002, all of a sudden the line spacing changes from single spacing to double. How do I fix that? ...

owa change password #3
I have 2 front-end and 1 back-end (Cluster A/P) , windows 2003 server exchange 2003 SP1. Each FE (DNS load balancing) have an additional http virtual server called "mail" to use OWA, typing in the IE bar of the address http://mail. I want to implement owa change password, and i have created iisadmpwd virtual directory in every site (FE BE) but i have a problem, when i click "change password button" the response is The page cannot be found HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found. Internet Information Services (IIS) Any help?! Hi You need SSL enabled on the FE for t...

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

Outlook /pda sync fails when View changed
I accidently(!) removed the Subject field form my main OUtlook view. Since then, syncing with my ipaq pda fials (even after I have added the Subject field back to the view as was). Any ideas if this is a known problem, or what the fix may be? Thanks ...

"Remotely" Change Cell Values
Hey gang - I've developed a deer population model (1 for each of 88 counties) to track herd size from 1981 to present. I start with an initial population estimate (in 3 male and 3 female age groups) in 1981 and each year add births and subtract known mortalities (aka harvest). I also make some estimates of non-harvest losses and nonreporting (people who harvest but do not report). Any how, if I've got all the parameters (birth rates, survival estimates...) right and I've done a good job of accounting for all mortality, I should be able to generate a fall population estimate e...

How to change dafault option of Text Import Wizard?
When importing a data from file, Raw data : TestID 00001770 11:05:49 8275.75 0.726376 TestID 00001771 11:05:53 8293.84 0.72549 TestID 00001772 11:05:58 8291.29 0.724395 TestID 00001773 11:06:03 8283.01 0.735552 TestID 00001774 11:06:07 8264.74 0.717463 TestID 00001775 11:06:12 8241.47 0.697707 TestID 00001776 11:06:17 8270.08 0.696421 TestID 00001777 11:06:22 8300.33 0.709703 TestID 00001778 11:06:26 8335.09 0.76689 TestID 00001779 11:06:30 8335.74 0.762716 TestID 00001780 11:06:36 8313.61 0.760062 But, what I just need is fourth column of each row, such as 8275.75, 8293.84 Then I use the f...

open attachments via OWA
Have a curious situation. A user is complaining of cannot open attachments via OWA. That's through our company Exchange server (Exchange 2003). Now, on the very *same* laptop she is using, she can get attachments from another company's OWA. Very strange. What is the normal cause of this issue? What attachment types can't see access? (e.g. doc, mdb, exe, com, bat, .etc) The reason that I ask is that OWA under Exchange 2003 can block access to specific attachment types just like Outlook 2003. "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in message news:3shlhkFoeg86U1@...

Re: Money 2004

Iterating the combo box and displaying the value after each change on seprate sheet.
Here i have a combo box form control, from where i will be picking the value and displaying it on other sheet. Now i am updating the sheet with combo box control, value is getting pasted on Consolidated-Report using: Worksheets("Consolidated-Report").Range("a9").Value = Me.ComboBox2.Value If now i again go back to combobox sheet and change the value, same cell is getting updated. I need to move to next row for each time the value is updated in combo box and paste the same on Consolidated-Report sheet. Note: A Combobox from the Control Toolbox has the name ComboBoxN; ...

Technical error

Free/Busy time publishing in OWA
Hello, is it possible to configure OWA (for Exchange 2003) to publish the same of free/busy time then the Outlook 2003 client? Outlook 2003 is configured to publish 12 months, but if a remote client only uses OWA the free/busy time is only published 2 moths. OWA seems to overwrite the free/busy time span of 12 months with the default of 2 months. As also stated here: http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2004/06/02/146939.aspx Outlook allows you to post a range of FB data, you can post 2 months, the default or 12 months, or whatever, of FB data. If Outlook has posted 9 months of data, and a...