Enough. Where is the policy?

Okay,

Who the heck is in charge on these groups?  Someone totally hidden and
entirely unaccountable..?

What's the posting policy and where the heck is some honesty about how
these groups are moderated..?

Where is the FAQ..?  (or FAQs..?)

Yes, I've had it.  I'm upset that 1 or 2 critical posts I made didn't
get posted.

So, you can contact me at:

Scott Davis,		45 Dunfield Av, Unit 2117
Self-Employed		Toronto, ON, Canada, M4S 2H4
Tech Consultant		Mobile. (416) 432-4334
The IP addrs I use to post all UseNet:
66.207.215.240/29

I'm not hiding from you.  Are you moderators hiding from me?

-- Scott.
0
sdavis2173 (11)

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:13:59 -0400, Scott Davis <sdavis@esctech.ca>
wrote:

>Okay,
>
>Who the heck is in charge on these groups?  Someone totally hidden and
>entirely unaccountable..?
>
>What's the posting policy and where the heck is some honesty about how
>these groups are moderated..?

Too much coffee this morning?

>Where is the FAQ..?  (or FAQs..?)
>

>Yes, I've had it.  I'm upset that 1 or 2 critical posts I made didn't
>get posted.

No one is blocking your posts. Re-post them.

>So, you can contact me at:

>Scott Davis,		45 Dunfield Av, Unit 2117
>Self-Employed		Toronto, ON, Canada, M4S 2H4
>Tech Consultant		Mobile. (416) 432-4334
>The IP addrs I use to post all UseNet:
>66.207.215.240/29
>
>I'm not hiding from you.  Are you moderators hiding from me?

Now posting my address is something I wouldnt have done!

>-- Scott.
0
adavid (8731)
9/18/2005 3:27:18 PM
Scott,
Sometimes posts can take a while to appear but there's nothing blocking
them.  I know they remove spam type posts but that's about it.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
"Scott Davis" <sdavis@esctech.ca> wrote in message
> Okay,
>
> Who the heck is in charge on these groups?  Someone totally hidden and
> entirely unaccountable..?
>
> What's the posting policy and where the heck is some honesty about how
> these groups are moderated..?
>
> Where is the FAQ..?  (or FAQs..?)
>

> Yes, I've had it.  I'm upset that 1 or 2 critical posts I made didn't get
> posted.
>

> So, you can contact me at:

> Scott Davis, 45 Dunfield Av, Unit 2117
> Self-Employed Toronto, ON, Canada, M4S 2H4
> Tech Consultant Mobile. (416) 432-4334
> The IP addrs I use to post all UseNet:
> 66.207.215.240/29
>
> I'm not hiding from you.  Are you moderators hiding from me?
>

> -- Scott.

0
Peter
9/18/2005 3:32:21 PM
Rules of Conduct:

FAQ:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/newsgroupfaq

These are peer to peer newsgroups and are not moderated.
You may occasionally see Microsoft here but they are here on their own time.

It is not a good idea to post detailed contact information for everyone to
see.

--
Jupiter Jones  [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Scott Davis" <sdavis@esctech.ca> wrote in message
> Okay,
>
> Who the heck is in charge on these groups?  Someone totally hidden and
> entirely unaccountable..?
>
> What's the posting policy and where the heck is some honesty about how
> these groups are moderated..?
>
> Where is the FAQ..?  (or FAQs..?)
>

> Yes, I've had it.  I'm upset that 1 or 2 critical posts I made didn't get
> posted.
>

> So, you can contact me at:

> Scott Davis, > -- Scott.

Scott Davis <sdavis@esctech.ca> wrote:

>Okay,
>
>Who the heck is in charge on these groups?  Someone totally hidden and
>entirely unaccountable..?
>
>What's the posting policy and where the heck is some honesty about how
>these groups are moderated..?
>
>Where is the FAQ..?  (or FAQs..?)
>

>Yes, I've had it.  I'm upset that 1 or 2 critical posts I made didn't
>get posted.
>

>So, you can contact me at:

Right.

					[ snip ]

>I'm not hiding from you.  Are you moderators hiding from me?

I don't think these groups are moderated.

Do you use msnews.microsoft.com as your news server?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
"Scott Davis" <sdavis@esctech.ca> wrote

> What's the posting policy

Anybody who wants to post anything can.

> and where the heck is some honesty about how
> these groups are moderated..?

They aren't moderated. Is that honest enough for you?

> So, you can contact me at:
> Scott Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Self-Employed Toronto, ON, Canada, M4S 2H4
> Tech Consultant Mobile. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> The IP addrs I use to post all UseNet:
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Let me guess: You're new at this.

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse
http://www.kanyak.com

0
gezgin (65)
9/18/2005 7:27:14 PM
Your posts to all MS newsgroups since 1 Sept-05:
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=&num=10&scoring=d&hl=en&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.*&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=sdavis@esctech.ca&lr=&as_qdr=&as_drrb=b&as_mind=1&as_minm=9&as_miny=2005&as_maxd=18&as_maxm=9&as_maxy=2005&safe=off

or http://snipurl.com/hrwf

Posters would be wise to never use their real email addy when posting to
public newsgroups.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Scott Davis wrote:
> Okay,
>
> Who the heck is in charge on these groups?  Someone totally hidden and
> entirely unaccountable..?
>
> What's the posting policy and where the heck is some honesty about how
> these groups are moderated..?
>
> Where is the FAQ..?  (or FAQs..?)
>

> Yes, I've had it.  I'm upset that 1 or 2 critical posts I made didn't
> get posted.

0
PABearMVP (38)
9/18/2005 8:34:24 PM
"Scott Davis" <sdavis@esctech.ca> wrote in message
> Okay,
>
> Who the heck is in charge on these groups?  Someone totally hidden and
> entirely unaccountable..?

There is /nobody/ "in charge" on these newsgroups. They are provided by
Microsoft, as a free service, to the /public/, and everybody who
participates in these newsgroups is a peer and providing whatever help you
might need on a volunteer basis.

> What's the posting policy and where the heck is some honesty about how
> these groups are moderated..?

They are not moderated. The posting policy is.... you post.. hopefully you
read /before/ you post, since 80% of the questions posted in this group have
already been answered at least twice in the previous week.

The groups are not moderated.

> Where is the FAQ..?  (or FAQs..?)

There are no FAQs for the newsgroup... yet. However, there are some
rudimentary FAQs posted on the microsoft.com website and at
http://www.wsuswiki.com

> Yes, I've had it.  I'm upset that 1 or 2 critical posts I made didn't get
> posted.

Well.. now.... did you make these posts at the microsoft.com website, or did
you make these posts from Outlook Express or another offline newsreader?

I also see there are several additional replies to your message. I probably
should have read them first, but this time I wanted to contribute my .02
worth without being influenced by anything else contributed by others.

> So, you can contact me at:

> Scott Davis, 45 Dunfield Av, Unit 2117
> Self-Employed Toronto, ON, Canada, M4S 2H4
> Tech Consultant Mobile. (416) 432-4334
> The IP addrs I use to post all UseNet:
> 66.207.215.240/29
>
> I'm not hiding from you.  Are you moderators hiding from me?

Apparently... Scott... you need to spend a bit more time reading.. and a lot
less time "griping", or you might have realized:
    (a) there are no moderators to hide from you,
    (b) even if there were moderators, they can't help you one whit with an
issue about your posting getting into the newsfeed.

Apparently, though, this post didn't have any problems at all.

--
___________________________________
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCP, MBSCP, SCTS

What's funnier is that the critical posts didn't make it, but the complaints
did.  Perhaps he should have contacted Microsoft Product Support?  If these
were critical issues, $245 would have been well worth the cost of the call.

"Lawrence Garvin" <onsitechsolutions@news.postalias> wrote in message

> "Scott Davis" <sdavis@esctech.ca> wrote in message
>> Okay,
>>
>> Who the heck is in charge on these groups?  Someone totally hidden and
>> entirely unaccountable..?
>
> There is /nobody/ "in charge" on these newsgroups. They are provided by
> Microsoft, as a free service, to the /public/, and everybody who
> participates in these newsgroups is a peer and providing whatever help you
> might need on a volunteer basis.
>
>> What's the posting policy and where the heck is some honesty about how
>> these groups are moderated..?
>
> They are not moderated. The posting policy is.... you post.. hopefully you
> read /before/ you post, since 80% of the questions posted in this group
> have already been answered at least twice in the previous week.
>
> The groups are not moderated.
>
>> Where is the FAQ..?  (or FAQs..?)
>
> There are no FAQs for the newsgroup... yet. However, there are some
> rudimentary FAQs posted on the microsoft.com website and at
> http://www.wsuswiki.com
>
>> Yes, I've had it.  I'm upset that 1 or 2 critical posts I made didn't get
>> posted.
>
> Well.. now.... did you make these posts at the microsoft.com website, or
> did you make these posts from Outlook Express or another offline
> newsreader?
>
> I also see there are several additional replies to your message. I
> probably should have read them first, but this time I wanted to contribute
> my .02 worth without being influenced by anything else contributed by
> others.
>

>> So, you can contact me at:

>> Scott Davis, 45 Dunfield Av, Unit 2117
>> Self-Employed Toronto, ON, Canada, M4S 2H4
>> Tech Consultant Mobile. (416) 432-4334
>> The IP addrs I use to post all UseNet:
>> 66.207.215.240/29
>>
>> I'm not hiding from you.  Are you moderators hiding from me?
>
> Apparently... Scott... you need to spend a bit more time reading.. and a
> lot less time "griping", or you might have realized:
>    (a) there are no moderators to hide from you,
>    (b) even if there were moderators, they can't help you one whit with an
> issue about your posting getting into the newsfeed.
>
> Apparently, though, this post didn't have any problems at all.
>
>> -- Scott.
>

> --
> ___________________________________
> Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCP, MBSCP, SCTS
> Principal/CTO
> Onsite Technology Solutions
> http://www.onsitechsolutions.com
> ICQ#: 38720625
> MSN Messenger: lawrencegarvin@msn.com
> ___________________________________

0
none8139 (9)

Enough. Where is the policy?
Okay, Who the heck is in charge on these groups? Someone totally hidden and entirely unaccountable..? What's the posting policy and where the heck is some honesty about how these groups are moderated..? Where is the FAQ..? (or FAQs..?) Yes, I've had it. I'm upset that 1 or 2 critical posts I made didn't get posted. So, you can contact me at: ==================================================== Scott Davis, 45 Dunfield Av, Unit 2117 Self-Employed Toronto, ON, Canada, M4S 2H4 Tech Consultant Mobile. (416) 432-4334 The IP addrs I use to post all UseNet: 66.207.21...

Recipient Policy Priorities...
Hi, I have a recepient policy applied for generating email addresses @company.com. this policy is applied for our new york OU under our company domain. Now, i have created a 2nd recipient policy under the new york OU, called it assetmgmt. i want users generated in this OU to automatically be assigned NA.company.com email domain. the policy specifically mentions any member that's part of that OU. thsi is the filter i'm using: (&(&(&(objectCategory=*)(memberOf=CN=security_group_name,OU=OU_with_new_doma in_users,OU=OU_with_allother_domain_users,DC=domain,DC=com)))) curr...

Apply a Recipient Update Policy to mail enabled groups
Hi, I would like to use a RUP to change the mail address of certain mail enabled groups. So far I've been unsuccesful. Any hints or tips are welcome since information on this subject is hard to find. I'm using Exchange 2000. Thx! Check out http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/POP3SvcE2k3/1c031413-4110-4f76-8e3d-e1a42665d90d.mspx?mfr=true. This article relates to POP3 users, but it should point you in the right direction. Jeff Guillet, MCSE "workinghard@news.postalias" wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to use a RUP to change the mai...

x500 recipient policy?
Is there some guide to setting up x500 addresses? I'm migrating to an exchange 2003 server. I've done a migration from an exchange 2003 server and both had the same issue using the migration wizard. It expects the user to have an x500 address - I found this in the event viewer. It won't migrate without the x500 address. When I create the x500 user address using custom and copying the address that shows up in the event viewer it works fine. However I have to do this for each user. I tried creating an x500 rule in the recipient policies under the exchange manager but I can'...

Not enough memory?
I am trying to send a 172MB attachment, but get the message "Not enough memory"? I have 4 GB RAM installed, with a net of 2.87 GB available with nothing running and 735GB avilable on my hard drive. Why am I getting this message? Is there a size limitation in Windows Mail? -- McM I don't know of any server that would allow a 172MB message. Even if they did, you'd probably end up with a really teed-off recipient when they tried to download it. Use an upload site. Here are a couple, but you can Google for more. Upload large files. An alternative to e-mail....

Control ammount of addressees within a mail message through Exchange System Policies
Hi, Is it possible to limit the number of adressees within System Manager -- System Policies? We have some domains that are possibly being blacklisted from having too many recipients. -T in Global Settings, Message Delivery, Recipient Limits... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Nino_1" <facciabruta@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1140735442.105717.291190@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is it possible to limit the number of adressees within System Manager > -- System Policies? > We have some domains that are possibly being blacklisted from having > too ...

Can not reset admin password under safe mode due to password policy?
Hi, all. I'll have to log into the default administrator account, because I can not do anything under the current standard user account status. I went to the safe mode, and tried to log into the admin account, but the password is forgotten. I built the reset password USB disk under the account before. Now I follow the instructions for resetting the password. However, the window popped up, and it said "ineffective password, the password length is too short, or ca not conform to the password policy. I've tried passwords of different lengths, such as 3,6,8,16, 20. All tempt...

Domain Controller Security Policy
Hello I was trying to open both "Domain Controller Security Policy" and "Domain Security Policy", I have the error: "Failed to open the group policy object, you may not have appropriate rights" and in detail section "the parameter is incorrect" I log on as administrator so don't think if it has anything to do with permission and right Thanks everyone TT ...

Default Recipient Policy not working #2
OK, when I add a user in exchange 2003 (on SBS 2003) the user is created but no email addresses are created. The default policy properties contains two smtp address policies: @domain.local @domain.com I also tried "apply this policy now" and that didn't update any of the email infomation in the users' properties. I also wanted to create firstname.lastname aliases by adding %g.%s@domain.com to the recipient policy and applying it, but nothing happened. What am I doing wrong? Also, is there any way to create an address and actually send messages FROM that address ...

Automating Recipient Policies (or is there an alternative?)
Hi, Right now our solitary Exchange 2003 server (Internet-facing, btw) accepts mail for about 30 or Internet DNS entries, I configured it using Recipient Policies. It's an ISP operation (but we're not using it for an actual "Hosted Exchange" situation right now), clients with an account for a particular domain name are assigned to a relevant Security Group in Active Directory and there's a matching Recipient Policy in Exchange that explicitly set an email address format for all Users in the group ("%d@theirDomain.tld") But is this the correct way to do ...

Repient Policy for Distribution Groups
Is there a way to define a recipient policy to apply to a group. We are hosting multiple domains on our exchange server based on Business Unit. I need a way to create distribution lists that are tied to these business units. We are currently using recipient policies for the users that key off of the Company tab to generate the email address, but this is not possible for the groups. The RUS has to be tied to an attribute of the user and group membership does not meet that criteria. You'll have to pick another field that you can populate to make this work. Nue "Prashant"...

not enough memory when sorting email
I continue to get an error message saying I don't have enough memory for my e-mail rules used for sorting my e- mail into their proper boxes. CAn you please increase it? Can it be solved? ...

Creating Recipient policy
I currently am on the domain www.white.com for e.g but now i want to be able to pick up mail for another domain www.brown.com. I have heard how you can create a group and recipient policy to filter but I don't know how to go about it. Can anyone help as I know this is really hard to do ? One way to go is to add a 'Organisation' - 'Recipients' - 'Recipient Policies' Where you add a 'Recipient Policy' - 'E-Mail Addresses (Policy)' for the other domain and mark the 'This Exchange Organisation is resp...' /Stefan Johansson "Graeme Hend...

Problem with group policy applying "Default location for PST files"
I'm trying to set the default location for PST files to a drive letter with a group policy: (User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 -> Miscellaneous -> PST Settings -> Default Location for PST files) However, it doesn't appear that the policy ever applies to the user. I can run rsop.msc on the client machine and it has the correct setting but when I open Outlook to view the setting it has not changed. Any ideas? Thanks. You realize that policy doesn't affect any existing .pst files? What it = does do is change ...

mailbox management policy question
Quick question that im not finding in Tony Redmond's book.. If you have a MB management policy with "move to deleted items" and the deleted items box checked, and set to 15 days.. does that delete those within deleted items 15 days old, or does another policy need to be in place to address deleted items that has a processing rule of "permanently delete" i don't believe you need a second policy...that should do it...when items are deleted from the "deleted items" folder, they are permanently deleted... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Chris Leh...

not enough resources
Hi there Hope someone can help. I am running excel 2002, and just recently been getting messages when trying to save work. Its all ok for about an hour then it locks up when I try to save, when I have 2 or 3 workbooks open. It says not enough resources close some other running programs. I am not running any others at the time. after many trys it finally says disk full. I am running xp home, service pack 2. I have plenty of disk space about 10gb so that's not the problem. any help would be appreciated. Also when I now start up excel a blank workbook appears this never used to. Also when I o...

Not enough memory to load graphics
Hi there, I've got a problem with Microsoft Publisher 2000. Whenever I try and paste a bitmap, it brings up the message that "publisher doesnt have enough memory to load graphics or embedded objects". Now, this doesnt happen on my 4 years old computer, it happens on my brand new computer - it has 2.8GHZ, 512MB RAM, 20GB Hard Drive. Why? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Omar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I've got a problem with Microsoft Publisher 2000. Whenever > I try and paste a bitmap, it brings up...

Outlook 2003 Group Policy and encoding settings
I am trying to deploy the following Outlook 2003 settings via group policy: Auto-select encoding for outgoing messages - Enabled Encoding for outgoing messages - Enabled. But when I configure "Encoding for outgoing messages - Enabled", the setting "Auto-select encoding for outgoing messages" is ignored and on the client side is applied as Disabled, although I have set it to Enabled. When I configure "Encoding for outgoing messages - Not Configured", the setting "Auto-select encoding for outgoing messages" works as expected. Is this some kind of a ...

Do you have enough setup information?
Because everyone's business is different, the Great Plains program is highly customizable; you have a lot of configuration options. Does the Great Plains Help documentation provide you with enough information to know how to set up the program before you enter your first transaction? You can reply to this message, or click the link below to type your comments on the Microsoft® Business Solutions–Great Plains® User Assistance Team documentation survey site. http://weblogs.asp.net/bizdoc/archive/2004/11/12/256684.aspx -Ryan -- This posting is provided "AS IS" wi...

Public Folder Policy
Hello all, Is there a way to define a policy on specific public folders, according to which all messages older than ## days are automatically deleted? TIA -- Anastasios Papadopoulos - Athens - Greece Yes, you can either set age limits on the entire public store (and hence all folders on that store) or on each individual folder. Check the "Limits" tab on the properties of the public store or individual folder in Exchange System Manager. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Anastasios Papadopoulos"...

shareDenyWrite is not enough
I want to prevent writing to a file but allow several processes to read it simultaneously. The flag shareDenyWrite does the first but not the second and I'm forced to use shareDenyNone (which works). Any thoughts? "Alexander" <the44secs@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:6c435000-7beb-4b49-96c5-c0db4423f89a@u6g2000prc.googlegroups.com... >I want to prevent writing to a file but allow several processes to > read it simultaneously. The flag shareDenyWrite does the first but not > the second and I'm forced to use shareDenyNone (which works). > shareDenyWrite...

How to disable "sharedfolderscript" using Group Policy?
In Outlook XP SP3 and afterwards, there is a registry key "SharedFolderScript" in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Security to control the VB script access for shared mailbox. How can I deploy this registry key by using group policy? Create a new .adm file (better than editing the existing one) with that = policy included, then add it to the administrative templates in the = group policy editor. The contents of the new .adm file could be = something like this, but you have to decide where in the hierarchy = ("CATEGORY") to put it:=20 CLASS U...

Are you GOOD ENOUGH for Heaven ??
Are you GOOD ENOUGH for Heaven ?? Click here to read more.... http://emailministry.webs.com/areyougoodenoughforheav.htm Thanks ...

Outlook Security Policy
I have created the security form in an Exchange Public folder, and I am able to remove LNK attachments from both the Level 1 and Level 2 lists, but I still can't open a shortcut in Outlook. "Windows cannot open this program because it has been prevented by a software restriction policy" Any ideas? ...

About IE7 and group policy issues
To close IE7 how in the group strategy the privacy report. Because has it to have me to visit the partial websites to be able to leave wrongly (e.g.: http://www.kaixin001.com), I input the user name and the password, cannot register. To me do not say that establishes in the IE toolbar, I need to establish in the group strategy. Thought that the master prays for rescue. wenlepan wrote: > To close IE7 how in the group strategy the privacy report. Because has it to > have me to visit the partial websites to be able to leave wrongly (e.g.: > http://www.kaixin001.com), ...