Enabling OOO for a client on the server itself

Anyone know how to turn on Out-Of-Office messages from the
server, for a client? In other words, instead of having to
go to the client machine and open outlook, set the OOO and
log off, can this be turned on from the server? I have a
user who is out and I would rather not have to reset the
password to get in to her account to set this to on...
Any help would be appreciated.

0
anonymous (74717)

Can she access the account from OWA?

"Giuseppe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know how to turn on Out-Of-Office messages from the
> server, for a client? In other words, instead of having to
> go to the client machine and open outlook, set the OOO and
> log off, can this be turned on from the server? I have a
> user who is out and I would rather not have to reset the
> password to get in to her account to set this to on...
> Any help would be appreciated.

0
Eric
4/5/2004 8:58:26 PM
Here's one way:

http://www.symprex.com/excentre/oom.htm

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
http://www.msexchange.co.uk

"Giuseppe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know how to turn on Out-Of-Office messages from the
> server, for a client? In other words, instead of having to
> go to the client machine and open outlook, set the OOO and
> log off, can this be turned on from the server? I have a
> user who is out and I would rather not have to reset the
> password to get in to her account to set this to on...
> Any help would be appreciated.

0
neil.hobson (1158)

SMTP connector with outbound security enabled, enables authentication for all other connectors!!?!
Hi, *I have so far tested this on two Exchange Orgs. One being our live platform and the other our test enviroment. Both are running Active Directory native mode for 2003, with Exchange 2003 and Exchange SP1*. Right this is my scenario: I have two SMTP connectors, one is the default 'Internet' with a cost of 1 and address space of *. The other is called 'Admin users' has the a cost of 20 with the address space of * also. Our Front end exchange servers; let's call them: 'EXFE1 and EXFE2' are the local bridgeheads for both connectors. The Internet connector by de...

Re:Server Error in '/' Application
Hi, We Installed Microsoft CRM 4.0 on our local server and accessing the CRM throgu Web client and Outlook client. We did not enable the IFD. All went smoothely for 2 days and on 3rd day when we try to access the CRM it throws a error that " Server error in '/' application" as given below Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the appl...

DNS clients Does not query the secondary DNS
Hi, I have 2 w2003 Dcs - both DNS servers Primary and secondary. I have Clients running XP static Ip and in both DNS servers IP is configured as Primary and Secondary DNS. My Primary DNS server went down, all clients are not quering the secondary! using NSLOOKUP it showed that clients are still querying the primary with a tomeout error !! all name resoultiond stoped in the organization! any idea? tx NsLookup does not automatically fall through to alternate DNS servers, it is not a good way to test server redundancy. If you ping a host, which will use the DNS Cl...

hosting multiple exchange server from different domainsin the same
due to merger, I am now having to do inter forest migration between source and target domain. I have two source domains for two comapnies, which I will migrate to target domain. Source domain exchange servers are windows 2000/exchange 2000 enterprise version. Target domain is windows 2003. Exchange version will be 2003 enterprise. How can I host two exchange servers on one machine -- migrate all mailboxes and public folder for each exchange organization.? Can any one recommend any article which describes how to accomplish this correctly. I have read articles "shared hosting with e...

HQ Client will not sync HQ
We just set up a point of sale system running rms 1.3. We setup HQ for this store. When the client goes to connect it says that the store id / connection password message was not accepted and then it kills the connection. The thing is we don't have a password on the HQ side and the store id is 4 so that has to be correct. Thanks in advance. -- Bob McQuay ADI Business Solutions Network Technician Does the DB for the store have an ID set to 4? Did you export a new DB from HQ Admin? Are you using an OLD DB that has the wrong store ID in it? "Tech Bob" <TechBob@discussions...

Force outlook to go to AD to get Exchange server name
I've this quesitons about Microsoft Outlook 2000/2003 clients (MAPI) for Exchange 2000 and 2003 servers. How can I force the Outlook clients to go to AD to find out which exchange server is holding the mailbox of the user? I want to do that every time clients starts or refresh it if it is already running. This way I don't have to reconfigure (or "Check Name") them whenever I move mailbox of the user from one exchange server to another in the organization. Thanks RD You shouldn't have to do that. When Outlook connects, it should get the Home Server attribute f...

Enable automatic query refresh for all workbooks?
I know there's a way (according to a KB article on Office 2000 SR1), and in Office XP I must have turned this off somehow, since my workbook didn't ask me everytime if it should refresh or not, but I can't seem to find where this checkbox is in Office 2003! This checkbox has been removed in XL2003 for security reasons. You cannot off the prompt using the XL interface. Modifying the following registry key will give you the same effect: Path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Options Key: QuerySecurity Values: 0 = Prompt on all workbooks 1 = Do Not Prom...

Exchange server uninstall
Hi, We've migrated all mailboxes from an Exchange 2000 Server to a Exchange 2007 server. The Exchange 2000 server is still on the network and I notice it still sends external emails out, there is no activity on the firewall advising the new Exchange 2007 server is doing this.. When Exchange is uninstalled from this 2000 server will external emails continue to work properly? (I assume it's doing this as there's a connection between the new Exchange 2007 server and the 2000 box?) On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 13:05:26 +0100, "Andrew Story" <andrewDOTst...

Where to report Project Server 2007 bugs
Hi everyone, Can someone please tell me where I can report bugs to Microsoft. I tried the https://connect.microsoft.com but did not find appropriate category. Thanks in advance. Maria Maria, I suggest first attempt to describe the issue in this forum. So, our experts (Project Server MVPs and others) will figured out whether it is issue with MS Project Server 2007 or any work around to address the issue. Thanks Chak pVector Technologies http://www.epmcentral.com On Apr 15, 5:32=A0am, marie18 <mari...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi everyone, > &...

Enabling Circular Logging
Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet starting today. The company I am doing this with suggested enabling circular logging on the Exchange server to avoid backing up unnesseccary data and to svae over the wire bamdwidth. Can anyone explain to me what it is, and how to enble it? I have Exchange 2003 standard server with SP1. Thanks!!!! On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:51:01 -0800, "redrobit" <redrobit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet >starting today. The compa...

Exchange 2003 Standard Server Removal
I need to gracefully remove a Windows 2003 Enterprise server from my network. It was once the PDC and Exchange Server, but was never configured properly so it has since been replaced by another server. The new mail server is working well, and I need to prep the old server to become our new web server. I think most of the necesary changes have already been made: * Global Catalog * DNS, DHCP * Systems now log on to the new server (proven by %logonserver%) * Active Directory * Private and Public stores from Exchange All seems to be OK, but I want to be sure that this server is removed prop...

2 domains on one server.
Some of my users have 2 different email accounts. One is on my exchange server and the 2nd is an outside hosted pop account. I want to host that domain here and save some money, however I realize you can't have 2 exchange accounts open in Outlook at the same time. So therefore, can I leave their current exchange account as is, and then make the new domain a pop account on my server? Will this work? I'm using Exchange 2003. Is there some reason that all messages couldn't be delivered to their primary mailboxes? You can certainly host multiple domains, and users can have ...

OOO Assistant and "Inside My Organization"
In one of our exchange 2007 implementations we restrict the GAL display for each user to a subset of the overall GAL for the Exchange Organization. (Damn, it is hard to spell that with a 'z'!) When a user sets up an out of office response to people "Inside My Organisation", it would be great if it only sent that message to people on their customised GAL, instead of the whole organisation. Does anyone have any thoughts on how we could make this happen given there does not appear to be any options like the ones in the "Outside My Organisation" tab that ...

DPM 2010 Bug: Cannot schedule disk utilization report groped by client.
If I try and schedule a report to be mailed based off the "disk utilization" report and choose to "group by" Client under report parameters, and click ok it reverts back to Computer. I have tried to save it a few times but each time it forces back to computer and won't schedule the report based off of client. I can view the report no problem. hi Kelly Thanks for testing DPM Client protection. What you reported is a bug & we are still tracking it. We would like to know what is the deployment size for client in your environment & how is ...

Exchange server unavailable #3
This may be coincicdence but since my antivirus software detected and quarantined the blaster worm I have problems accessing my exchange mailbox via Outlook depending on which LAN I am atached to. At my school we have a cuuriculum and an admin LAN. If I plug my notebook into a port on the curric LAN (where exchange server lives) I have no problems. If I plug into a port on the admin LAN I get the exchange server unavailable message. I can ping the sever from the Admin LAN and Web outlook works. If I use another workstation on the admin LAN I can open my exchange mailbox via outlook. ...

SMTP Virtual Server setting
Can someone confirm this? Leavening the “limit message size to (KB)” box unchecked on Default SMTP Virtual Server; means that it will use Global settings value. If not what does it mean to leave this box unchecked. -- Nawar Aljanabi MCSE NT/2000/2003,MCSA 2003 +M,CCNA On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:55:24 -0800, "Nawar75" <Nawar75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can someone confirm this? > >Leavening the �limit message size to (KB)� box unchecked on Default SMTP >Virtual Server; means that it will use Global settings value. >If not what does it mean to leave th...

Enable macros
I've got a fairly compex workbook with lots of named ranges. I've been using and updating this WB for over a year. All of a sudden, I now get the following message every time I enter something in any field: "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros." I don't have any macros in this workbook. Les ...

IE6
I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Kate Kate wrote: > I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, > but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure > site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Have you looked at the settings for the security zone (probably the Internet security zone) under which the unidentified web...

Outlook Client Inbox folders
I have installed several CRM 3.0 outlook clients (desktop) without an issue. They all were installed fresh and were not upgrades from 1.2. The exsisting email was an exchange account. When the client installed, it created a new folder tree called Microsoft CRM. The only folders below it were specific to CRM as I would expect. Now I go to install an outlook laptop client. The email account is a pop3 account. On when I install the client, it again adds a new folder tree called Microsoft CRM, but this time, it also includes mail account type folders (i.e. inbox, outbox, sent items, ...

Unable to install CRM 3.0 client on Outlook 2003
I originally attempted to install the CRM 3.0 laptop client for Outlook 2003 on a standalone WinXP machine at a customer's home office (in a workgroup; not joined to the customer's domain). Received the following error message after the first list of missing components were successfully added during the installation prerequisite phase: ================ "Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Common.Analyzer+CollectAction failed. %1 is not a valid Win32 application." ================ Pressing the "Ignore" button at this prompt results in the following message: "Data P...

Cannot send email from web client
I can send and email from the outlook client to a crm contact just fine, but if I try this from the web client I get nothing! -- scp ...

Outlook 2010 with Project Server 2007
Is anyone aware of any issues if you connect Project Server 2007 to Outlook 2010? Thank you for your responses. -- Phil Connect in what way? If you're asking about the Outlook Add-in, I'd recommend staying away from that as it tends to be more trouble than it's worth. If you're planning to move to Project Server 2010, you'll like the new integration with Outlook, which occurs directly through Exchange Server. -- Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs and Reference http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLO...

Thin Client in Home
Has anyone considered having a pretty powerful computer as the "server" with a couple thin clients around the house? Wireless connectivity would be a must. Anyone have any thoughts on how to set this up? In article <A0BD90B9-2FDF-401D-B658-559B4F512A8D@microsoft.com>, Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com says... > > Has anyone considered having a pretty powerful computer as the "server" with > a couple thin clients around the house? > Wireless connectivity would be a must. > Anyone have any thoughts on how to set this up? It's pretty ...

Determining if hibernation is enabled
Hi, I'm using SetSuspendState(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE) to put the pc in into hibernation, which only works if hibernation is enabled. How can I determine whether hibernation is enabled before calling, so I can report as much to my users? I'm working with VS2008, targetting XP and Vista. Thanks, Steph IsPwrHibernateAllowed\ GetPwrCapabilities or CallNtPowerInformation(Maybe it's better way) "Steph" <steph@newsgroups.nospam> д����Ϣ news:92169931-7711-41D8-A88E-6C6092343D40@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm using SetSuspendState(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE) to put...

OS Windows Version of Servers in AD
I need some help. I am tasked to get Windows OS version from all the servers in our domain; these servers live in different OU’s. I am learning how to scripts, so I am not very good at it. Usually to get the information for one server I use systeminfo /s servername | select-string ”OS Name”. But now I am talking about querying AD. This is what I need to do; I prefer to input the OU name myself, so it only queries what I need. Go through each OU and come with a result like this. Windows 2k3 OU 10 Windows 2003 Standard Windows 2k3 OU 5 Windows 2003 Enterprise. ETC……… NOTE: For...