Enable Client Side Monitoring - Registry Setting

Hello--

I have a single Exchange 2003 Entrerprise Svr (SP 1) running on Windows 2003
Standard Svr w/SP 1 installed.  A number of my users are reporting of
performance issues with their desktop OUTLOOK 2003 wherein they receive
"Outlook is retrieving data from the ms exchange server <servername>. "  I
understand the possible source of these messages is some sort of RPC
bottleneck.

To troubleshoot the source, I have looked at the documentation referencing
setting up counters in Performance Monitor that necessitate activating
"Client Side Monitoring for Outlook 2003 Clients" as referenced on the
TECHNET support site.  To activate it, the documentation says to look for the
following registry key on your Exchange server:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\MSEXCHANGEIS\PARAMETERS

My problem is that in the registry of my server, the following appears,
which differs from the above:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\MSEXCHANGEIS\PARAMETERSNetIF
HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\MSEXCHANGEIS\PARAMETERSPrivate
HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\MSEXCHANGEIS\PARAMETERSPublic
HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\MSEXCHANGEIS\PARAMETERSSystem

--should I create the key in the . . .\PARAMETERSPrivate key, or create a .
.. .\PARAMETERS key by itself which could contain the DWORD value to be
created to activate the monitor?

Please advise; thanks.

--
nmorris510

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:47:52 -0700, "nmorris510"
<nmorris510@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello--
>
>I have a single Exchange 2003 Entrerprise Svr (SP 1) running on Windows 2003
>Standard Svr w/SP 1 installed.  A number of my users are reporting of
>performance issues with their desktop OUTLOOK 2003 wherein they receive
>"Outlook is retrieving data from the ms exchange server <servername>. "  I
>understand the possible source of these messages is some sort of RPC
>bottleneck.
>
>To troubleshoot the source, I have looked at the documentation referencing
>setting up counters in Performance Monitor that necessitate activating
>"Client Side Monitoring for Outlook 2003 Clients" as referenced on the
>TECHNET support site.  To activate it, the documentation says to look for the
>following registry key on your Exchange server:
>
>HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\MSEXCHANGEIS\PARAMETERS
>
>My problem is that in the registry of my server, the following appears,
>which differs from the above:
>
>HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\MSEXCHANGEIS\PARAMETERSNetIF
>HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\MSEXCHANGEIS\PARAMETERSPrivate
>HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\MSEXCHANGEIS\PARAMETERSPublic
>HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\MSEXCHANGEIS\PARAMETERSSystem
>
>--should I create the key in the . . .\PARAMETERSPrivate key, or create a .
>. .\PARAMETERS key by itself which could contain the DWORD value to be
>created to activate the monitor?
>
>Please advise; thanks.

I would take a look at :
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=892764

Also, Exmon is a good tool to monitor client connections as well.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9A49C22E-E0C7-4B7C-ACEF-729D48AF7BC9&displaylang=en

0
adavid (8731)

					[ snip ]

Put it into this key -------------------------------------+

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

set up email 09-01-10
my msn email stoped working..tried to re-set up..keeps saying POP3 cannot be found...got to tools...accounts..etc..won't let me set up.any thoughts..mike Make sure your settings agree with this: http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ------------------------------------------------------ "mik" wrote in message = news:E5446DB5-CE7B-45D6-B3B5-E6DAC9D25547@microsoft.com... my msn email stoped working..tried to re-set up..keeps saying POP3 = ...

SMTP connector with outbound security enabled, enables authentication for all other connectors!!?!
Hi, *I have so far tested this on two Exchange Orgs. One being our live platform and the other our test enviroment. Both are running Active Directory native mode for 2003, with Exchange 2003 and Exchange SP1*. Right this is my scenario: I have two SMTP connectors, one is the default 'Internet' with a cost of 1 and address space of *. The other is called 'Admin users' has the a cost of 20 with the address space of * also. Our Front end exchange servers; let's call them: 'EXFE1 and EXFE2' are the local bridgeheads for both connectors. The Internet connector by de...

DNS clients Does not query the secondary DNS
Hi, I have 2 w2003 Dcs - both DNS servers Primary and secondary. I have Clients running XP static Ip and in both DNS servers IP is configured as Primary and Secondary DNS. My Primary DNS server went down, all clients are not quering the secondary! using NSLOOKUP it showed that clients are still querying the primary with a tomeout error !! all name resoultiond stoped in the organization! any idea? tx NsLookup does not automatically fall through to alternate DNS servers, it is not a good way to test server redundancy. If you ping a host, which will use the DNS Cl...

Order Form
Hi Hope someone can help me. I'm trying to set up an order from in Access 2003 and being very rusty have been using a Microsoft template. I am setting up an employee ID box that I want to show the employee name: I have a qry (Expr1: [LastName] & "," & [FirstName]) that has added the first and last name together and it appears on the form in the correct format but I immediately get an error message : The value you added isn't valid for this field. I have set up the qry against the * not employee ID. The PK is Employee ID. I have the same issue with...

Query on a set of optional M2M relationships
I have a parent table with 3 many-to-many subtables where data the 3 relationships are optional. How can I make a query that will show an empty field when a given relationship does not exist? For example, rows like this: Parent1 Data1 Data3 Parent2 Data2 Data3 Use left joins. In query design view click on relating field of [parent table] and drag to relating field of [many table]. Double click on the connecting line and select "Include all records from [parent table] and only those records from [many table] where the joined fields a...

HQ Client will not sync HQ
We just set up a point of sale system running rms 1.3. We setup HQ for this store. When the client goes to connect it says that the store id / connection password message was not accepted and then it kills the connection. The thing is we don't have a password on the HQ side and the store id is 4 so that has to be correct. Thanks in advance. -- Bob McQuay ADI Business Solutions Network Technician Does the DB for the store have an ID set to 4? Did you export a new DB from HQ Admin? Are you using an OLD DB that has the wrong store ID in it? "Tech Bob" <TechBob@discussions...

Enable automatic query refresh for all workbooks?
I know there's a way (according to a KB article on Office 2000 SR1), and in Office XP I must have turned this off somehow, since my workbook didn't ask me everytime if it should refresh or not, but I can't seem to find where this checkbox is in Office 2003! This checkbox has been removed in XL2003 for security reasons. You cannot off the prompt using the XL interface. Modifying the following registry key will give you the same effect: Path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Options Key: QuerySecurity Values: 0 = Prompt on all workbooks 1 = Do Not Prom...

DPM 2010 Bug: Cannot schedule disk utilization report groped by client.
If I try and schedule a report to be mailed based off the "disk utilization" report and choose to "group by" Client under report parameters, and click ok it reverts back to Computer. I have tried to save it a few times but each time it forces back to computer and won't schedule the report based off of client. I can view the report no problem. hi Kelly Thanks for testing DPM Client protection. What you reported is a bug & we are still tracking it. We would like to know what is the deployment size for client in your environment & how is ...

Calendar Settings
I have a blackberry curve which I sync to outlook on my pc. I think I have something set incorrectly on one of the 2 programs which causes all the birthdays and anniversarys to cover 2 days on the calendar when I sync. I have corrected them all on my phone however, I am afraid to sync for fear of reversing all the changes I made. All calendar changes are made on the phone and update the pc when I sync. Is there a way to check the settings so I don't repeat the same problem and undo everything again? Check both devices - make sure the time zone and daylight time settings are ...

SMTP Virtual Server setting
Can someone confirm this? Leavening the “limit message size to (KB)” box unchecked on Default SMTP Virtual Server; means that it will use Global settings value. If not what does it mean to leave this box unchecked. -- Nawar Aljanabi MCSE NT/2000/2003,MCSA 2003 +M,CCNA On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:55:24 -0800, "Nawar75" <Nawar75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can someone confirm this? > >Leavening the �limit message size to (KB)� box unchecked on Default SMTP >Virtual Server; means that it will use Global settings value. >If not what does it mean to leave th...

Setting user password
Hi Gurus, As a Active driectory administrator we need to reset password for users from sharepoint interface. useing following code: user.Properties[''pwdLastSet'].value=0; user.Invoke("setPassword", new object[] {txtnewPassword.Text.trim()}); user.CommitChanges(); and problem is one of it only working pwdLastSet or setPassword. meaning I need to display to the user that when they "User must change password at next logon" I want to make them work at same time from the code. Thanks in advance. Chris He Chris Have you referenc...

Enable macros
I've got a fairly compex workbook with lots of named ranges. I've been using and updating this WB for over a year. All of a sudden, I now get the following message every time I enter something in any field: "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros." I don't have any macros in this workbook. Les ...

IE6
I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Kate Kate wrote: > I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, > but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure > site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Have you looked at the settings for the security zone (probably the Internet security zone) under which the unidentified web...

One-time set of text boxes UNDER page header?
Access 2003, XP SP 2 I have a report, grouped by alphabet. I need one set of instructions BELOW the page header, on the first page only. Same for end of report. Like this: {Page Header} [One-time text on first page only] {Group Header} [Detail] [One-time text on last page only] {Page Footer} I tried using {Report Header}, but it prints the Rpt Header first, then the Page Header and I need it reversed. Any suggestions? Perhaps you can add another group. Set its field/expression to = 1 Set to have a group header and a group footer and include the one time text in the group heade...

Enabling Circular Logging
Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet starting today. The company I am doing this with suggested enabling circular logging on the Exchange server to avoid backing up unnesseccary data and to svae over the wire bamdwidth. Can anyone explain to me what it is, and how to enble it? I have Exchange 2003 standard server with SP1. Thanks!!!! On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:51:01 -0800, "redrobit" <redrobit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet >starting today. The compa...

Outlook Client Inbox folders
I have installed several CRM 3.0 outlook clients (desktop) without an issue. They all were installed fresh and were not upgrades from 1.2. The exsisting email was an exchange account. When the client installed, it created a new folder tree called Microsoft CRM. The only folders below it were specific to CRM as I would expect. Now I go to install an outlook laptop client. The email account is a pop3 account. On when I install the client, it again adds a new folder tree called Microsoft CRM, but this time, it also includes mail account type folders (i.e. inbox, outbox, sent items, ...

Junk Mail setting in Outlook 2003
Hi, does anyone know where the settings for Junk-Mail in Outlook 2003 are stored? I have searched the registry and also tried to find some sort of configuration file, but I found nothing. What I am trying to achieve is that the settings will be made automatically for every user in a domain. Any hints would be appreciated... ;-) Regards, Arne They're in the user's Exchange mailbox. Use the CMW and/or GPO to manage = them.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outloo...

Unable to install CRM 3.0 client on Outlook 2003
I originally attempted to install the CRM 3.0 laptop client for Outlook 2003 on a standalone WinXP machine at a customer's home office (in a workgroup; not joined to the customer's domain). Received the following error message after the first list of missing components were successfully added during the installation prerequisite phase: ================ "Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Common.Analyzer+CollectAction failed. %1 is not a valid Win32 application." ================ Pressing the "Ignore" button at this prompt results in the following message: "Data P...

set excel cell value
i'm no expert at vba and have been having a hard time trying to send a value from an open access form to a specific cell in excel. I've been writing a module in Ac2000 that opens excel, names the sheet, and sends some Access table data over. Thanks to Bob Larsons code I was able to do most of this. After a week of trial and error i'm now also able to format the sheet the way it needs to be, plus some conditional formatting that seems to be working out great- now i'm very badly stuck on trying to send a value from an open access form to a particular cell in the shee...

Cannot send email from web client
I can send and email from the outlook client to a crm contact just fine, but if I try this from the web client I get nothing! -- scp ...

Thin Client in Home
Has anyone considered having a pretty powerful computer as the "server" with a couple thin clients around the house? Wireless connectivity would be a must. Anyone have any thoughts on how to set this up? In article <A0BD90B9-2FDF-401D-B658-559B4F512A8D@microsoft.com>, Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com says... > > Has anyone considered having a pretty powerful computer as the "server" with > a couple thin clients around the house? > Wireless connectivity would be a must. > Anyone have any thoughts on how to set this up? It's pretty ...

Recall Messages on Different Clients
Hi everyone, I just have a query about Message Recalling. I haven't actually used it much but today I just have. I have attempted to recall a message and later found out that the recipient's client is Apple Mail. Do any of you know if Apple Mail supports message recalling, or if it is unique to Outlook, and if my message is likely to be recalled. Thanks is advance, Hamish Robertson. Message recall is specific to Exchange. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail s...

Determining if hibernation is enabled
Hi, I'm using SetSuspendState(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE) to put the pc in into hibernation, which only works if hibernation is enabled. How can I determine whether hibernation is enabled before calling, so I can report as much to my users? I'm working with VS2008, targetting XP and Vista. Thanks, Steph IsPwrHibernateAllowed\ GetPwrCapabilities or CallNtPowerInformation(Maybe it's better way) "Steph" <steph@newsgroups.nospam> д����Ϣ news:92169931-7711-41D8-A88E-6C6092343D40@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm using SetSuspendState(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE) to put...

Changing Language settings on Clients inbox and sent items
A while ago we had a major exchange issue which ended up with us creating a new exchange server and moving all our clients mailboxes (around 3500) of them from old server to new. Some of our clients were overseas at the time and have reported that thier inbox and sent items folder names are in the language of whatever country they were in at the time and remain that way after returning home. Is thier a simple way of altering the folder names to the correct language settings for our locality? Answers by email as well as posting to group please Thanks ...

set enable & disable of button (VC 6.0)
Hello, For VC 6.0 (MFC) : How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ? Thanks :) this is not going to work buddy ....... read a book ..... "Eitan M" <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote in message news:ewfJoieGHHA.1232@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > For VC 6.0 (MFC) : > How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ? > > Thanks :) > hi Eitan, Try following, //To Enable button...at run time ...IDB_MYBUTTON is ID of your botton GetDlgItem(IDB_MYBUTTON)->EnableWindow(TRUE); //To Disab...