emailing groups

To accomplish:

1. Some email groups need to be limited to only certain people for use.
Example; only the IT users can use the Information Technology group along
with Tom, Bob, and Jon.

2. Some email groups can be used by anyone, but before the email is actually
sent, someone reviews the email and authorizes it to go out.

3. Some email groups and name in AD need to be hidden from display.

How hard is it to do the above?

1 and 3 are relatively simple.

1. Check the groups' properties | Exchange General | select "Only From" and
populate list of senders (including groups, including itself) who can send
to the group. Check "From Authenticated Users Only" to receive messages from
internal users only if you need.

2. No  built-in way to moderate email to groups. You can control who can
email groups - using the method above - and have all senders email messages
intended for groups (particularly large distribution groups like All
Company) to one or a few designated senders so only "appropriate" email gets
through to those distribution groups. If you're looking for mailing list
functionality there are several out there that work with or without Exchange
Server.

There's free stuff like the free edition of listserv -
http://www.lsoft.com/download/listservfree.asp - you don't need to install
it on an Exchange server.

GFI Mail Essentials also has a list server, can install it on Windows SMTP
server (Exchange doesn't need to be installed).
http://www.gfi.com/mes/mesfeatures.htm

Also check Ikakura
http://www.ikakura.com/

3. To hide a mail recipient from Exchange address lists, go to recipient
(group in this case) properties | Exchange Advanced and check "Hide group
from Exchange address lists "

--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Brandon" <whocares@you.com> wrote in message
> To accomplish:
>
> 1. Some email groups need to be limited to only certain people for use.
> Example; only the IT users can use the Information Technology group along
> with Tom, Bob, and Jon.
>
> 2. Some email groups can be used by anyone, but before the email is
> actually sent, someone reviews the email and authorizes it to go out.
>
> 3. Some email groups and name in AD need to be hidden from display.
>

> How hard is it to do the above?

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)

need to extract the subject field from email folders
I need to extract (copy) the subject field from email folders and the name field from directories or file folders. I need to use this information so that I can write about the files in a readme file, etc. I know how to do this in Unix shell scripts but I do not know how to do it on Microsoft products. I know how to do a screen capture of the info but then I can't manipulate the information without OCR software etc. That's a waste of time. TIA, Gloria .. ...

Modify report to print individual group of records on separate pag
I am new to report writer and I am trying to figure out how to print individual employees records separately. It is an employee training records report where it group all of an employees training classes together. However, unless it fills the page, the next person's records are printed and I'm trying to start each new group on a new page. I don't know where to find the group properties. Please help. Amytdev. I think you need to create an additional footer. The additional footer can have the "Page Break" option set, causing a new page to be started. Below is the p...

IMAP email missing sent, drafts
When I setup an IMAP account in Outlook XP, the only default folder provided is the inbox -- I'm missing the drafts and sent folder. When I send things or save as a draft, it uses the local personal folders. The sent and drafts folder load correctly using Outlook Express. Any ideas? -Brian ...

how to find which button in a group is checked...
Hi, I have a group of radio buttons (ID_R1, ID_R2, ..etc). I want to know which button is checked. This can be done easily if there is a dialog integer member variable associated with ID_R1 set in the dialog function DoDataExchange(). But could someone show me how to simplify the other often used approach to achieve the same purpose shown below? CButton *p = (CButton*) pDlg->GetDlgItem(IDC_R1); if (p->GetCheck() != 1) { // check through all the buttons p = (CButton*) pDlg->GetDlgItem(IDC_R2); if (p->GetCheck() != 1) { } ... }...

Desktop Alert does not open new email
When I click on the Desktop Alert the incoming email no longer opens. I get an error message Operatoin Failed. When I try to open it from the Outlook screen it does open, but it opens up as a very small email that needs to be expanded. It also marks itself as READ before I ever actually see it open. This just started for no known reason. ...

Automatic reply using Rules does not put the message in the reply email
I am trying to send an automated message in Outlook 2000 to every email that comes in that satisfies a certain set of criteria. These criteria I have captured in a Rule. I have created a template (.OFT file) which contains the text I want the message to contain. I have put this OFT template file into the above Rule. Here's the problem: the Rule is executed OK when the message comes in, it assembles a reply message (supposedly using the OFT file), and places it in the Outbox. However the message does not contain any text in the body. Any idea why the text I put in the OFT file doesn&#...

Microsoft Excel
I have a particular group of cells within a sheet which I need to group together and sort. However I need to keep the rows of information locked together so when you sort the data it doesnt get all mixed up. Is there a way to do this? If so, how? If it is possible to do the above is it possible to have it to automatically sort the information as your adding it into cells? Is there a way that a "sort" function can be set automatically for a group of particular cells? For example; I have set 6 columns on a spread sheet "Column B - Column G" Say I have 150 rows of informa...

i can receieve emails on my windows mail but cant send them
this is the error message iam getting. Any ideas. thank you. Subject 'Id for Mr Sahpaz ref 11487873/01', Account: 'mail.robertandrobert.co.uk', Server: 'mail.robertandrobert.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: 'rblsmtpd: 78.146.167.128 pid 16008: 451 http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=78.146.167.128', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC60 ...

adding news groups
IN MS Outlook 2003 the Command for news groups is not listed in the add commands list. Answer posted here on a daily basis: To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No button. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "MC" <MC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74EC91E3-23C0-44DC-8470-2770D35E2DA2@microsoft.com...

import email from outlook expressv6.0
would be grateful for any pointers for importing emails from xp based, outlook express v6.0 into my vista based machine running win live mail 2008 and win mail ver6.0 6000.16386. have burned 4 files : ( archive (.pst), backup (.pst), extend.dat, outlook (.pst) ) from old system but both win mail and win live mail seem not to recognize the files when i try to read these files or import them. thks. "jchan" <jchan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5438430C-BA1E-4A3E-A8AA-93DBF3E6C08E@microsoft.com... > would be grateful for any pointers for importing emai...

Storing Hotmail Folders and Email Offline
Does anyone know how to get my hotmail email stored offline on my computer? Do you want them in WLMail or in Windows folders? In WLMail, Alt + V, Layout, Folder pane, check Show Storage folders. Create new folders in Storage folders. Copy messages to the folders to leave messages in Hotmail. Move messages to remove from Hotmail. Drag and drop to Windows folders to copy messages. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "AndrewP" <AndrewP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8941942D-2EF6-43D3-B99B-FB5CF9484739@microsoft.com... > Does anyone k...

Old Email File
I have just installed new computers in our office and want to transfer all of my old email archive files from Outlook Express on my old computer to my new one. Where do I find those files on the old computer? What is the file extension? I would appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks. By default, it is going to look something like this" C:\Documents and Settings\UersID\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{5FCB66F7-22DC-4968-B6FF-3B3FB3DE64E0}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Inbox.dbx To find out, just right click on your inbox in OE, and click properties. It will show you the...

Offline email did not send
Yesterday I created and answered a number of email messages offline. Before I logged out of Outlook, I checked the Outbox and they were in there. This morning, I connected to the lan and started up Outlook. After a couple of minutes, I checked the sent folder. None of the emails were in there. I then checked the Outbox and they were not in there either. I contacted one of the would-be recipients of my emails 30 minutes later and she did not receive any from me. In the past, I have worked offline many times and the emails ended up in my sent folder the next morning after connecting to the lan....

Email file location
Can anyone tell me the actual file location of the email received in Microsoft Outlook? As i have to recover the system and thus i would like to backup the email. Would there any problem? Search for pst-files. Make sure you include hidden files/folders. Then connect to it by File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... The default location is; C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Outlook -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----...

Video Email application
I downloaded the video email addon to Outlook - the problem is that I have 2 video sources on my laptop (a TV tuner card and a webcam), and I can't seem to find a way to change the video source (which seems to have defaulted to the TV card) ...

forward email from web interface
Hi there! I have noticed that when you choose to forward an email that has arrived inside the CRM web interface (eg at a queue) and this email has attachments, the attachments are not included in the forwaded email unless you save them locally and re-attach them. Why is this happening? Can we do something about it? Am I missing something here? Thank you. Elena ...

how do I sync my yahoo inbox (email) with my microsoft outlook at.
My yahoo email account is my main personal account. I love the way outlook is set up and I want to start using it, the way I do with my hotmail inbox, I just don't know how....please help. You can do this only if you have the premium Yahoo POP acct. It doesn't work with the free version. You must use your browser for that. "Nanea" wrote: > My yahoo email account is my main personal account. I love the way outlook is > set up and I want to start using it, the way I do with my hotmail inbox, I > just don't know how....please help. "Nanea" <N...

Can i see my archive emails in the same folders as they were befor
I don't want to see my emails in a separate location. I want to be able to archive my emails but still be displayed [with a different color tint perhaps, indication that they are archived] in the same location. Imagine that I have the following structure: Customers -> Germany -->DHL -->ZDF -> France -->France Telecom -->Canal+ If i am looking for an email i don't want to look in two locations. [current and archive folder]. Is it possible ? "Johnny" <Johnny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:644549CE-D381-4331-...

EMAIL SIGNATURE CLAUSE
OS is XP Prof with Office 2003. I have a signature clause set up in outlook as well as one in word under Tools, Options, General, Email Options. However when I mail from word using either of the icons "Email" or "Send to Mail Recipient (As Attachment)" it never includes my email signature from either outlook or from word by default. You have to click in Outlook "Insert, Signature, etc. How can I force it to use the signature from either word or outlook by default? Obviously if I create a message in Outlook my signature comes in by default. This is normal behavior for...

multiple users send from common email address
Hello, I have several users from support department (exchange 2003). Although they have each his own email address, I would like to let them send email from a common address such as support@company.com from their outlook clients. Really, they could use the "reply to" field, but is there some simpler way? On the other hand, I would like all of them to receive messages at support@company.com address. Is it possible? many thanks in advance. O. Ondrej: To get them all to receive mail at support@yourdomain.com, just create a distribution group in Active Directory Users and Co...

Emailing from SharePoint
I've set up a client contact list in SharePoint and don't know how to email from there. Can anyone help please? -- slimjim009 First of all, Outgoing e-mail needs to be configured in Central Administration by your SharePoint administrator. Once that has been done you should simply be able to select the group and choose e-mail users from the Actions menu when viewing People and Groups. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "slimjim009" <slimjim009@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:023730C4-A34D-...

How do I insert a JPEG image into the body of the email?
Using Outlook 2003. Was a Eudora email user until last week. Trying to compose a 1 page resume in the body of the email with my photo Would like to not have an attachment that required opening, but have the photo image show with text next to it. This would create a resume that could be reviewed quickly. Use HTML format - not plain text. -- Regards, Pat Garard Melbourne, Australia _______________________ "slwitte" <slwitte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B30D3E0A-4A92-43C9-93F5-4372663349B5@microsoft.com... > Using Outlook 2003. Was a Eudora email ...

This message has not yet been submitted for delivery (EMail Router Workflow)
I have CRM 4.0 and an external Exchange/SMTP host. The Email router is installed and I believe working. All tests complete successfully. Also - I can create a new Activity --> Email and receive an email message via CRM4 no problem. I created a workflow that is supposed to send an Email to the customer when a case is resolved. When I create a test case and resolve it - the email appears in Pending Queue. When I double click the Email it says "This message has not yet been submitted for delivery." There are no errors in the WIn Event Log. My outgoing messages are set to Email Rout...

Can't add sound to email
When I open Web Tools in View and attempt to open sound I get an HTMLInlineSoundCtl message. Any suggestions? Windows XP SP2 is what introduced the error message. At this time Microsoft is aware of the issue, but a fix hasn't been posted. "Stephen" <Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DF636CB-412C-4D94-B5E9-1ED133A7B104@microsoft.com... > When I open Web Tools in View and attempt to open sound I get an > HTMLInlineSoundCtl message. Any suggestions? > ...

How do you allow users have three different email addresses?
Hi all, I know we handle three differnet email addresses through recipient policy. The default policy applies to users and we added two other mail recipient policy that apply to all users. But, in the future, when you add the NEW users, they only get the higher priority email address and we have to add the default and another email address manually to the users tab in ADUC. (Win & exch 2000 envir.) Do you knoow how to make new users get three email addresses automatically when we create the new users? THANK YOU! I beleive that there is check box in user properties that says ...