Subject:  Re: Email not Setup when new user created in
Active Directory
 From:  "Bryan Hill" <bthill@comcast.net> Sent:
8/15/2004 12:30:21 PM

We have other clients that are working fine.  Just when
we try to set up new ones - it will create the SMTP
address but not the X400 address.  I tried manually
forcing the X400 but it will not work.  Try to do a check
name and it doesn't recognize it.

Not sure why it was working but not for new users now.

Thanks!

that knows
>about the Exch Server?
>What exactly happens when you try to connect them? Can
you do a "Check

<bthill@comcast.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Chris,
>>
>>I tried doing this - at least I think I did.  I went to
>>System Manager/Recipients/Recipient Update Service and
>>clicked on Update Now.  Still having the same problem
>>with the new user and others if I try to create them.
Is
>>there something else I need to do?  Please help - we
have
>>new employees starting tomorrow morning and we need to
>>have their email working.
>>
>>Thanks!
>>
>>Bryan

Active
>>email
the
>>Server.
>>>
>>>If the user's Exchange attributes aren't being stamped
>>check to see if
>>>the Recipient Update service is working and/or try
>>manually forcing
>>>the RUS to run.
>>>
>>>--
>>>Chris Scharff
>>>MessageOne
>>>http://www.messageone.com
>>>
>>>-- ROT13 for valid SMTP address --
>>>.
>>>

>.

..

0
bthill (9)

Users have permission to look at other mailboxes
I can't find where to limit the access to user mailboxes. I thought I was the only one (Administrator) that had access to other mailboxes (Outlook Open other users mailbox) though I found out everyone does and I can't find the permission to change...Any thoughts? -- Striving to know more... Check permissions on the mailbox Store and trace it up each level if the permissions are inherited from a parent. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "TechMan" <TechMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

How do I grant access to allow a user to save an Excell file to t
Where can I find info on admin functions for Excell? What do you mean "admin functions"? That phrase doesn't apply to anything built in to Excel. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "TomK" <TomK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3757C74B-131F-46EB-98EC-182986D1645E@microsoft.com... > Where can I find info on admin functions for Excell? I am trying to save a file to the D: drive (cd) and I am getting an error message that I need an administrator to clear me for access to t...

Migrating all email / folders / address book from Outlook Express
I am have been using Outlook Express for many years on what is now a Windows XP computer. Now I have a new laptop with XP and Office XP with Outlook 2003. I want to migrate ALL of my Outlook Express email - preserving headers, dates, attachments, folder structure, address book, etc. to Outlook 2002/XP. What is the best way to do this? It is very important that I not lose any existing email message, attachments, headers, etc. I couldn't find any useful info in the KB.. seems like there should be a lot of help with this, assuming MS really wants me to move from express to regular outlook ...

mouse is user-defined, when mouse move to another dialog, mouse disappeared
We are doing a program running in a game. The game's mouse is user-defined, my program's dialog pop-up in game by Hook. my dialog can show in game normally, and can capture keyboard event. but mouse disappeared when mouse move from game to my dialog, and mouse will show normally when mouse leave my dialog. mouse event respond. although mouse disappeared I can drag my dialog using mouse. I think mouse need re-draw when move to my dialog, but I do know how to do. Please give advice, thank in advance. ...

Outlook 2003 HTML emails
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 under WinXP SP3 with all updates installed. Quite often I receive HTML emails that has one of more solid lines to the left of the text and/or pictures in the body of the message. I suspect that these lines are the HTML equivalent of > found in forwarded plain text messages. Can anyone suggest how I can clean up the email by deleting the solid line(s) before forwarding the message on to other recipients? -- Cheers . . . JC In article <3n7o451ierhkjb2dltgturi1bu6m5fh94l@4ax.com>, jc@invalid.net says... > Hi, > > I am using Outlook 2003 unde...

Subforms won't refresh after new record 11-19-09
Access 2003, XP Pro I have a main form frmDestination with two subforms. I go to records by clicking on some list boxes. To add a new record, I (1) Select Records, Data Entry. (2) Make a selection in cboGeography on frmDestination (3) Enter text in txtName and make a selection in a combo on fsubName (4) Make a selection in cboPtOf on fsubPartOf fsubPartOf has some code on the After Update event that saves the new record and then goes to a previously selected record in cboDestination on the main form. If Me.Dirty Then DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord Me.Parent.Requery ...

Leads to Campaign activities
Dear All, I want to assign leads to an activity associated for a Parent Campaign. How do you I do it? Hi, Create marketing lists of leads and then on marketing list box, click on create quick campaign,it will display a wizard asking for which event you want to associate those leads. Select that and close the wizard. Later you will find the record in quick campaign area of Marketing area. regards, Sailaja. Thanks. I think I didn't explain myslef properly. Lets say that we have a campaign for MS CRM. This campaign contains four activities like call center, ad, etc. Now I want t...

Exchange 2003 doesnt send email while logged on
When im logged onto the server using RDP or from the server console itself all of my SMTP outbound smtp emails are queued. Once I log off the server everything works correctly. The accounts im using to log on are the domain admins accounts and even the local admin account, neither works. I tried running domainprep and forestprep while logged on as domain admin but that didn't resolve the issue. Any ideas?? On 8 May 2006 07:53:00 -0700, Bbruce2k5@gmail.com wrote: >When im logged onto the server using RDP or from the server console >itself all of my SMTP outbound smtp emails a...

New WLM version ?
I ran into this link : Windows Live Mail - Microsoft Download Center. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=56883de5-2024-4631-806e-757693072a1c&displaylang=en The version says : 14.0.8092.0805 Is that a new version ? Mine is 14.0.8089.0726, and I thought it was the current version. Thank you. t-4-2 My version is 14.0.8117.0416 -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "t-4-2" <t42@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63DDA24B-BC83-4488-8D07-B062FA77C883@microsoft.com... >...

unable to set up email
here is the message I get The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'antysandy@gmail.com'. Subject 'erasdf', Account: 'pop.gmail.com ', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP,...

Excel Not Talking To Outlook [Email Settings] #2
This is a follow up to an older thread on the same problem. Search groups.google.com for the same subject and you'll find the previous thread (which lacked an answer). I'm just posting here for posterity. When sending email from Excel and expecting to see your Outlook contacts box come up for you but instead you see a strange box letting you choose "shared contacts" or "this identity's contacts", the answer is that Internet Explorer is set up to use Outlook Express for email instead of Outlook. Open IE, go to Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab. Chan...

Trouble launching Office apps
Hi: I recently purchased a 17" G4 laptop and can't get any of Microsoft office X applications to launch. 1. In Jaguar I removed the Office v.X Test Drive with the Remove app. 2. Then I install Office v.X and get this error message. "Microsoft Word (any office program) cannot load the Microsoft Office Shared Libraries. The files may have been moved from the original locations. Try the following: Move Word back to the Microsoft Office folder (or to where it ws originally installed) OR Reinstall Word to make sure that all files are installed correctly." I then do remo...

Pocket PC - Money 2004
Hello, My hard-drive crashed on my computer and I had to install a new one. The only workable backup file I have for my Microsoft Money is on my Pocket PC. Is there a way for me to use the file on my Pocket PC on my new computer? I tried http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/276.aspx and it's not working. Maybe that tutorial was designed for a newer version of Microsoft Money? JJ The readme, which the article is based on, has been around for a while. In any case, the data on your client will almost surely be incomplete. -- Michael Gordon MVP "JJ" <JJ@discussions.mic...

The new member could not be added
Hi, I could find an answer to this for Outlook 2002 but not for Outlook 2003. Is the answer the same? We are using SBS 2003. The error is: "The distribution list has reached the maximum size for your network e-mail server. The new member could not be added." List was at 132 members. there is a limit on the number of entries that can be added to a personal distribution list...I've heard different numbers...but 130 is close...only way around this is to "nest" distribution groups, or create the group in AD so it's in the GAL... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Pa...

CRM 3.0
Hi everyone, How do I set up Services so that I can schedule service activities? I have followed the instructions on the help file (ie: Settings->Settings->Services) but I cannot find "Services" in the Settings section. Any ideas? Thanks Rael Can you check if your role has "Service Management" related privileges? If you have the right privileges, you should be able to see the Services link in Settings (right after the link to Product Catalog)... -- Jagan Peri Microsoft Business Solutions CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, a...

Keeping data private per User in a multi user database
Hello. I have an Accounting Access DB that I intend at some point to split into front-end (tables, forms, reports) and back-end (data), then I hope to deploy on the web. I will eventually have around 30 distributed users (only about 5 concurrent) – each inputs the same type of financial data but does business independent of the others and so must NEVER see the data entered by the other users. To make future releases and bug fixes as simple as possible, I intend to have a single instance of the front-end that each of the Users will access. However, as each User must NEVER see...

smtp connectors repeatedly sending same emails.
Running SBS 2003 Exchange 2003 Cutomers have complained that they are receiving the same email over and over again. Looked at the connectors in Exchange manager and found there to be three additional SMTP connectors with the domain names of the people receiving the emails, and every 15 minutes when the POP3 connector retrieves emails, these SMTP queues are sending out the emails again. I have frozen the queues for the time being but when the server gets rebooted they will get unfrozen and send out all the emails that have built up since. Please can some tell me how to delete these fr...

users with restricted access
We have some users that we have directed to only get their information from a report that has been set up. Because of that, I set up a parameter query to make the information more easy to see. The parameter query prompts for last name or broker #, is there a way, when the last name is entered to include Jr's & Sr's? Or should this be another field in the table to make the last name field more accurate? Your Field Like [Your Parameter Here] & "*" or YourField = [Your Parameter Here] OR YourField Like [Your Parameter Here] & "*[JS]r" Or Move th...

Links not opening on IE and Firefox, only on my user account, for some websites
I�ve recently been having trouble opening certain links, both on Internet Explorer and Firefox. Everything was working fine 2 days ago, when I ran �Disk Cleanup�. However, I don�t think that�s the problem because I ran �Disk Cleanup� once, only for my user account files, and the second time, for all the files on the computer. And this trouble is only occurring my user account. What happens is that I�ll go on, Youtube for instance and clicking on ANY link, whether it�s left-clicking on it, right-clicking on it or clicking the scroller to open the link in a new tab, it doesn�t ha...

Queues not picking up email.
What I am working with right now is a Support and Sales queue that is tied to email accounts inside CRM. When email is sent to the appropriate email account CRM should be picking up these email messages and populating them into their respective queues, but its not. I am at a loss of where to go from this point forward to troubleshoot the breakdown in communication. When i send emails to the queue email address accounts I am not getting any Delivery Failures and the mailbox sizes are growing when i check them in the System Manager for Exchange. My end result here is to be able to use 360'...

Send email from group mailbox
I have a group mailbox set up in my Outlook profile (it's set up as an additional mailbox in my profile). Therefore I have my personal email, and this group mailbox appears as a folder in my folder list. Let's call the group mailbox, "XX Group". If I "Reply" to a message received from the group mailbox, a "From" field appears and "XX Group" is listed in that field. If I send the message, the message will appear to be from "XX Group" instead of from me. However, if I simply open a new mail message, I don't get that "From&qu...

stop automatically making email address
I am going to KILL excel. How do you stop it from automatically convertine email addresses into hyperlinks?? In Excel 2002: Tools> AutoCorrect Options > Autoformat As You Type. Then uncheck Internet and Network Paths with Hyperlinks. Hope this helps Rowan "lily" wrote: > I am going to KILL excel. How do you stop it from automatically convertine > email addresses into hyperlinks?? ...

Certain email not received
Hello to all of you, One of my customer as troubles receiving email from me. I'lm using Outlook 2003. My customer is also using Outlook 2003. Since a few weeks ago, she can no longer receive my email in Outlook 2003. However, she receives them fine in Outlook Express. The puzzling thing is that all was working fine until the end of may. I've looked at the SMTP in both Outlook and Outlook express and they are the same. I've tried sendinf a email from a different computer (with Outlook 2000 this time) with the same problem. I must admit to not understanding this problem! Any...

User seeing too much data
I have a user who has changed from a view all role to a restricted view role, everything has been updated on his user profile including removing his old role and adding him to the new role but on some views within CRM he can still see data that was linked to his old role. User was a customer service rep who at one time was the owner of several hundred records and had full organizational view privlages. About 6 months ago he changed to a sales position which he now owns a new group of records and should only be able to access and see the records he owns. The records he used to own hav...

new user
I am looking for a way to link cells in a range from a row on one sheet to a range in a colum on another sheet. Is there a quick way to do this as i am attepmting to create 25 linked pages for info sorting. thanks Lee, I'm not sure I quite understand what you're doing, but this is how I tried to replicate what you describe. 1-On one worksheet, I entered some values in a row (Sheet1!A10:M10). 2-On another worksheet, I selected a cell (Sheet2!A1), typed an equal sign, switched to the first worksheet, clicked the first cell in the row (A10), and pressed Enter. That linked me to the f...