Email can not get through between two domains

I am new to Exchange. Sorry for stupid questions.

This is my question:

An office used to have an Exchange 5.5 box to manage emails for two
companies A.com and B.com. Just add a new Windows SBS 2003 for A.com.
Now, the SBS 2003 server is managing emails for both A.com and B.com
(did by following http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260973). That is,
a connector is created in the new server to deliver mails to B.com.

After that, users at B.com can not send email to A.com users. But A.com
user can send email to B.com and users in both companies can send and
receive email from outside.

When users in B.com send email to A.com, users at A simply do not
received it. The message just goes to no where.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

0
swaysofar (8)

Does the mail bounce after two days?  Run NSLOOKUP on the b.com server and
see if you can find an MX record that points mail to the a.com server
properly.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"swsw" <swaysofar@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am new to Exchange. Sorry for stupid questions.
>
> This is my question:
>
> An office used to have an Exchange 5.5 box to manage emails for two
> companies A.com and B.com. Just add a new Windows SBS 2003 for A.com.
> Now, the SBS 2003 server is managing emails for both A.com and B.com
> (did by following http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260973). That is,
> a connector is created in the new server to deliver mails to B.com.
>
> After that, users at B.com can not send email to A.com users. But A.com
> user can send email to B.com and users in both companies can send and
> receive email from outside.
>
> When users in B.com send email to A.com, users at A simply do not
> received it. The message just goes to no where.
>
> Any suggestions? Thanks.

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/15/2005 6:16:57 PM
Thanks Ed.

It seems all email messages from b to a are lost.  I have not heard
anything about email bouncing back from the end user yet.

The is what I got after running nslookup on server b (NT 4)
Type = MX
Server: ns3.negapath.net
Address: 64.7.xx.x (primary DNS)

Another note, when I ping "mail.a.com from" server b, the reply was
from the public IP address of the office. I thought a reply from the
private IP address would be more appropriate. The office only have one
public address and the server a and sever b are in to different private
subnet (a: 192.168.1.x, b: 192.168.0.x)

Any further suggestions?

0
swaysofar (8)
9/16/2005 1:59:13 PM
Should these servers be communicating via the public IP?  If not, your DNS
is misconfigured.
--

> Thanks Ed.
>
> It seems all email messages from b to a are lost.  I have not heard
> anything about email bouncing back from the end user yet.
>
> The is what I got after running nslookup on server b (NT 4)
> Type = MX
> Server: ns3.negapath.net
> Address: 64.7.xx.x (primary DNS)
>
> Another note, when I ping "mail.a.com from" server b, the reply was
> from the public IP address of the office. I thought a reply from the
> private IP address would be more appropriate. The office only have one
> public address and the server a and sever b are in to different private
> subnet (a: 192.168.1.x, b: 192.168.0.x)
>
> Any further suggestions?

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Can Recieve email but cannot send out
For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet connection, and can receive emails. I have tried disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any suggestions? are you getting any kind of error back? "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cc5901c43909$3916a210$a301280a@phx.gbl... > For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet > connection, and can receive emails. I have tried > disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any > suggestions? "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

outlook email questionaire
I want to send an email to clients that has a questionaire on it with text answers. I want them to be able to answer the questions and then click a button at the bottom of the page that will send it directly to my email without them having to enter my address. How do I do this? Well, i's possible to do what you want (mail a form to someone that's editable on the receiving end and runs code to send mail when done) but is not easy. Check out www. outlookcode.com for some ideas on how to approach this. If you are not using an exchange server, I'd recommend using Form Regions...

Email
I have created a simple Access database that our HR department will use to input demographic information on a new employee, as well as what software, access, etc. a new employee will need. Again, it is VERY simple, but what I can't figure out is how to create a button that the HR staff can click on and the file, with all the information, is emailed to our IS department. Can this be done? You can setup a report to based on your current record and email it using SendObject or using Outlook automation. This does require a minimal amount of VBA programming in either case. If you sear...

Can't forward to an external email address...
We have a user that uses his external AOL account as well as his company email account. He has asked me to forward all company mail to his external AOL account. I figured I'd be able to just go into the delivery options on the "Exchange General" tab for his user profile and forward to the appropriate address. However, you cannot enter just any address in there, it forces you to select an address from the directory - of course his AOL address is not there. Is there an easy way to forward all mail from his internal account to an external account? I tried creating a rule on his Out...

windows can't check for updates
i had windows automatic downlad ,but the last 2 weeks i get a message saying it can't downlad updates and when i do it manually i get this code ...80072EFD.how can this be corrected .i have not changes any setting in my firewall as it saids when i chek on the erroe. Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than...

Publisher Can Not Open Files from a Dif. Version--Help
I have Publisher 2000 version SP-3 (what a strange version!) I'm trying to open a publisher file that was created in Pub 2000 version 6.0 and it won't let me. It says Can not open file from a dif. version. Is there anything I can do about this. In not, that's crazy. Both versions are from 2000! Any help you can give would be great! Are you running Norton antivirus? "ajb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4B31BC3-CA7C-41EE-8EB4-968BCBA1D370@microsoft.com... > I have Publisher 2000 version SP-3 (what a strange version!) I'm trying ...

Outlook, NT Exchange 4.5, VPN, Domain..... Can't make it all work. PLZ help, will reward.
Really stuck with the Outlook� Situation: NT SBS 4.5 server. 6 machines connected to it on a domain. All suck internet through a LAN broadband router. Server used to be configured on a modem dial-up and emails worked fine. Now with this new ADSL setup (new provider) emails get stuck on despatch. Finding the SMTP server configuration has been a task I didn't manage. Can anyone help? I can only find the SMTP settings for the administrator on the server but that is of no use� I found a setting where all mail is forwarded to an internet based server but no place for a password or login. The...

HELP: Lost all my old emails
Hello, First there was the power failure. Then there was Windows XP recovery program (that ran automatically). Now, my desktop is blown away and all my Outlook emails and contacts are gone. Could these files be lurking in some obscure directory? Don't say search for dbx files. My computer doesn't have any. I'm running Windows XP media edition. Regards and thanks. do a search for pst files. or you can try .pab files for your personal address book. If those arent there.. You might be screwed! I save my pst files on my server where they are backed up.. for just this re...

How to get the size of an icon?
Hi: I need insert an ActiveX conctrol in the CRichEditCtrl. code: ------------------------------------------------------- REOBJECT reobject; ... SIZEL sizel; sizel.cx = the ActiveX conctrol'width; sizel.cy = the ActiveX conctrol'height; reobject.sizel = sizel; m_richedit.GetIRichEditOle()->InsertObject(&reobject); ------------------------------------------------------- The ActiveX conctrol can display an icon.It'width is the icon'width. Question: How to get the size of an icon? Thanks! Use ::GetIconInfo ...

email addresses in memory
An outlook 2003 user states that when sending out an email and when they type in a letter in the "to" area the email addresses that were in memory when you type a letter or name are gone. They said they didn't do anything different. The addresses are in the contact list but there is nothing in memory so you have to type the whole address in. Is this possible or can address in memory be deleted or removed? They are stored in the *.nk2 file located in Docs&Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook (by default) You dont have to type the address in, just click the &...

Korean email
I can type and send Korean characters in emails but cannot receive them in Outlook 2003. Any help? ...

what functions can return all window handlers in the system?
Can anyone tell me the easier way to find all the window handlers in the system? You mean handles, don't you? If so, use EnumWindows and EnumChildWindows. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "paul388" <paul388@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67627A35-082F-431E-B598-5061BC906992@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me the easier way to find all the window handlers in the > system? "paul388" <paul388@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67627A35-082F-431E-B598-5061BC906992@...

Unlinking tracked emails in CRM 3.0
I find that once an email is linked to/tracked by CRM (Customer, Client, Activity) it can't be unlinked! only deleted. For example; A client uses an old CRM generated email containing the tracking token to ask about a new problem. CRM automatically tracks the new email to the old CRM case and I can't untrack it to link it to a new case. Any information would be helpful... Hi, Check out "How to "untrack" Microsoft CRM Outlook e-mails" on following blog http://blog.sonomapartners.com/ -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for ou...

outlook express outgoing email disappears
I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and with different addressees when I send an email it is received by the addressee ok but it is not in my sent items folder so I have no record of it! It does not happen every time -- perhaps about 1 in 6. I'M probably overlooking the obvious. Suggestions welcome. i suggest the outlook express newsgroup -Gary "Sean Dunne" <dunnes@iol.ie> wrote in message news:128d001c3f72d$d457f8f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and > with different addressees when I send an email it...

Instant search of emails (10,000) fails
Failure of instant search requires reboot befor resolving for search or two and again fails ...

How do I Full screen an Email???
I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in Word or Excel & used the Alt+V+U function for full screen. What I am trying to see just the heart of the email not the header or anything else but the email body Craig <cb3_3@hotmail.com> wrote: > I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in > a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like > I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in > Word or Excel & us...

Emails not leaving outbox
Hi all - I am having what seems to be a common problem, but all of the suggested fixes I found did not work. I have set up SQLServer to use MAPI to email notifications. I have Outlook 2000 installed and configured and working. The SQLServer notifications part isworking too. The only thing I can't figure out is the emails never leave the outbox until I start Outlook and click Send/Receive. Then they are all sent fine. I read some articles mentioning MAPISP32, which appears to be the culprit. From what I see it's supposed to spool emails that are in the Outlook outbox. I found after I ...

Missing text in email
I recently installed Exchange 2003. From time to time when my users send email outside the company there messages are missing text upon arrival. The text missing could be two sentences at the end of a paragraph and the next one starts okay, or it could be a very words missing here and that. Any ideas of this Michelle P. Michelle: I know you have probably thought about this already, but do you have any type of content inspection system installed on your Exchange server? Or anything installed that stamps a message disclaimer on the message. Is the message changed by the clien...

email forwarding to my other email
I have two email accounts. One I use for work and the other for personal. For some reason, my personal email is being forwarded to my work email. I don't know why and how do I stop it....? Are these POP3 accounts? Has it ever worked? Are they separate accounts, or addresses that are aliases for the same Inbox? Does your personal e-mail show in both places, or is it going to your work only? Any rules set up in WinMail, or on the server's Website? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "az otr" <az otr@disc...

question about grouping the emails.
Hi, I am signed-up to a discussion group and i get question about a prob and also solutions as a reply. i am grouping the e-mails by subject, For example... subject: "problem with ABCDE" in reply the subject will be "RE: problem with ABCDE" now Outlook2003 is grouping these two into seperate groups and if there is a reply with subject "RE:RE: problem with ABCDE" it groups that seperately. i want to group the replies also into the same group. the reply to the emails are grouped seperately. i want to have an exception in the grouping saying to ignore the word...

Outlook Client
Hi all, In the web client there is an email icon available from the views which allows you to send a direct email to the selected records in the view. Does anyone know if there is any way to call this from the Outlook client. Appreciate it :) cheers Nathan Hi, I'm afraid I can't help you out on this one. But I found that it's not only the icon missing in the Outlook client, but as soon as the Outlook client is active, the icon disappears in the Webclient also. This seems the same issue to me as the settings button disappearing when the Outlook client is active, wh...

Can't view .TIFF after install of Offcie 2002 SP3
Has anyone seen this senario: Could view tiff and embedded tiffs in documents in Office 2002 SP2 but not after the install of Office 2002 SP3 ...

Not receiving emails
I have not checked my emails for 1 week. Now when I try to log in it ask for a user name and password. When I enter them it states Your servers has unexpectedly terminated the connections 0x800CCC0F???????????????? I can send messages but can't receive HELP ANYONE. Pam C wrote: > I have not checked my emails for 1 week. Now when I try > to log in it ask for a user name and password. When I > enter them it states Your servers has unexpectedly > terminated the connections 0x800CCC0F???????????????? > I can send messages but can't receive HELP ANYONE. This is an is...

Win XP can not shut down Outlook 2003
Windows XP SP3, Outlook 2003 I can shut down Outlook 2003. When I shut down Windows with Outlook running it will not shut until I End Program as requlested by new box appearing. Not related to this, I also have to end program SSMMgr.exe in the same way. If I rename to SSMMgr.abc this notice does not appear but Outlook still has to be End Program. I understand SSMMgr is Samsung printer control software. 1- Don't try to shutdown Windows with applications open. (Applications that run in the background - like your security software - need not be manually shut down.) 2...

Hyperlinks blocked within email messages
Suddenly I can't open any links from within received messages. I receive the following error message: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." "System administrator" would be me. This is a standalone computer connected via a Linksys router to a cable modem. There's no domain involved and there are two Users (both administrators) set up, only one of which has the problem. I'm using Outlook 2007 under Vista Ultimate and this has only started happening in the last week...