Email body arrives as attachment

Hi

We are receiving a number of emails which are mostly replies where the email
body is added as an attachment. I can only think this is being caused by
antivirus systems on other peoples email servers, a fact that I am trying to
check, however would welcome any suggestions. This is a new problem that has
only kicked in today. The server did run out of disk space this morning but
that has been resolved (the backup failed and did not remove the logs).

thanks in advance

0
atsoper (1)

Receiving duplicate emails #5
I have WIN XP w/ Outlook 2003. I have my email set up but I seem to be reciving the same email after I get the initial one. Sometimes it will be an hour later other times it will be a few days and it will download the email like it is "unread" sometimes it will download 2-3 of the same messages. I have the option "leave message on server" selected so i can access my messages when i'm not home, but i don't think that should cause it to redownload the message again, should it? I also have "delete from server when deleted from trash" selected. Thanks for...

Random letters in emails
Hello, this is a bizarre problem. When a reply is sent to an email a series of random letters appear at the end of the email. There seems to be no set pattern but it is a bit worrying that one day they might spell out something offensive to the recipient! I have checked to see whether it is a corrupt signature, but this is not the case. Its running on XP, Outlook 2002 with SP3. Thanks. scooby <blake.linda@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, this is a bizarre problem. When a reply is sent to an email a > series of random letters appear at the end of the email. Is this series of letters t...

Send the attachment without ZIP format compression.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Where is the default setting to remove the .ZIP format when sending any type of attachment. I send a .doc, .jpeg, etc and Entourage AUTOMATICALLY ADDS THE .ZIP TO THE FILE EXTENSION. VERY ANNOYING AS MOST RECEIVERS CANNOT OPEN THE ATTACHMENTS. On 2010-04-12 19:52:34 -0400, sunsyl@officeformac.com said: > Where is the default setting to remove the .ZIP format when sending any > type of attachment. I send a .doc, .jpeg, etc and Entourage > AUTOMATICALLY ADDS THE .ZIP TO THE FILE EXTENSION. It's in the preferen...

Sent Email Disappears
We are using Outlook 2002: SP2 and Exchange 2000: SP3 running on a Windows 2000 server: SP4. I have two users who occassionally have their sent email disappear. The email never arrives at it's destination and it does not bounce back as undeliverable. I have emailed from their PC's to certain recipients and the recipient says they never receive the email. I can go to the user next door and email the same people and they receive the email just fine. When I look at the Exchange server, the email leaves the building just fine with no error messages. Any help would be appreciat...

Sending Email #3
I am able to receive but not send email, with the following error message: "553 authentication required" "check email properties". I can send sometimes if I go in and re-enter my password but once I close outlook and re-open, it will not send. Its unpredicable and causing large problems for my business. You can set up the required authentication on the "Outgoing Server" tab in your e-mail account properties. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve t...

Email Signature for CRM Web Client
If CRM is to be our way to communcate with our customers, then email functionality should have more basic email functions. The ability to insert a email signature would be great. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutio...

Getting email addresses.
Hi, I have a customer who wants to get a list of all the email addresses that are passed through his exchange server, both inbound and outbound. They are using the tracking centre so I was wondering if there was a way of getting the info out of here. Has anyone done this or is it even possible? Is there a better way? Please let me know, Thanks, Chris This information is stored in message tracking logs and in SMTP logs, if logging is enabled. I think your favorite spreadsheet app will help yo with extraction. Logs can be found in \\servername\servername.log. Chris Gradden wrote...

OL2000 Attachment Security
Just decided to try the SR updates which I have been avoiding due to lack of flexibility with attachments. Have all SR updates installed. Made reg. changes, HKEY...\Office\9.0\Outlook\Security, string value-Level1Remove, mod. with [ .exe;.com ], restart. It still blocks attachments. How can I fix this? Trying not to have to uninstall updates. Win. xp pro, office2000. Did you follow the directions here:? http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and fi...

OPT IN EMAIL MARKETING
FRESH EMAIL LEADS EVERY WEEK 100 PERCENT LEGAL OPT IN EMAIL ADDRESSES. You will get one million fresh email names a week. Each email address has the name of the person, the persons home address, the date and time the person opted in, the computer ip address that the person opted in from, and from which website the person opted in from. This list is 100 percent legal. This is the best list out there. This will help you market your business and increase hits to your website. Email miketrading123@yahoo.com for more details. --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20051010170704I1a5PeN7 ...

How to add Opportunity link to workflow email
Hello, how could I add link to Opportunity, when sending email from workflow. Example: I reassign Opportunity to other user and workflow sends email to him and informs about new opportunity assigned to him. How to add hyperlink to email ??? I use MS CRM 4.0 B.I. On 2 Lut, 13:07, "B.I." <aid...@jdjdjd.lt> wrote: > Hello, > > how could I add link to Opportunity, when sending email from workflow. > > Example: > I reassign Opportunity to other user and workflow sends email to him > and informs about new opportunity assigned to him. > How to add...

How do I open attached jpgs
Out of the blue, Outlook 2007 won't let me open attached jpg files, whereas it has previously. I have auto updates installed. OS is Vista Home Premium. When I try to open an attached jpg file, the message I now get is: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Morton See the following http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Mor...

Attachments Outlook express 6 & Outlook 2002
I have 2 users one of each using the above. Both send and receive attachments. When the Outlook 2002 user sends the Outlook Express 6 user an attachment, he receives the mail but not the attachment. When the same mail is sent to myself an Outlook 2002 user I receive the attachment. When I forward it on the Outlook Express user, he does not get the attachment. If I first save the attachment and then send it directly from me an outlook 2002 user, the express user gets the attachment! Both donot have problems sending or receiving attachments from anyone else. Can anyone help, please? ...

Outlook filtering fails on html formated email
When an email arrives containing words for medical stuff I neither need nor want, my email filter fails to intercept admail that is formated HTML. Viewing the source code reveals that the ad writer has imbeded superfluous code between letters to thwart the filter. For example: 'Visit the online pharmacy for ...' becomes Visi&#116; &#116;h&#101; O&#110;li&#110;&#101; Ph<gclxctkdhszmop>arma<gdubhlmpmkxmwie>cy for yo&#117 Embeded in the html is an actual address 'xxxx@genericforless.com/blah' but somehow Outlook fails to catch thi...

Reject email from external address to a distribution list
I want to limit emails accepted by a DL to be from internal recipients (and stipulated addresses) and reject all external address. The Delivery Restrictions tab only allows entries from Server Recipients. Is there way to perform this task within Exchange 5.5? Thanks Mitch Assign invalid SMTP e-mail address to that DL. Mitch wrote: > I want to limit emails accepted by a DL to be from internal > recipients (and stipulated addresses) and reject all > external address. The Delivery Restrictions tab only allows > entries from Server Recipients. Is there way to perform > this task...

Cannot copy text in emails
I am experiencing rather an annoying problem with outlook 2000 and Win2K Here is what I'm doing in step-by-step form. View an e-mail in outlook 2000, highlight some text in this e-mail, using either the keyboard shortcut CTRL+C or right mouse to copy the text. Open a new email message , try to paste the copied text - nothing is available to paste. If I open notepad or Word, the text can be pasted . It's only Outlook which has the problem. The work around is to open the new email first then go to the email with the text required to copy and go thru the procedure like that. Anyone ...

multiple same emails
hi, could someone tell me how to stop getting the same email multiple times, when downloading them into microsoft office outlook, they are coming through 3 or 4 times at once, i have contacted my server and its not coming through from them, everything is being sent once only through them but when it hits me they are coming through more than once.. they say it seems to be a fault with outlook i am now absolutely sick of it... On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 06:56:01 -0700, Freaky60 <Freaky60@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi, could someone tell me how to stop getting the same...

attachments not received or in winmail
For some reason people do not always receiving my attachments or they are receiving attachments in a unreadable winmail.dat format. any ideas? i'm using outlook 2000. jane <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > For some reason people do not always receiving my > attachments or they are receiving attachments in a > unreadable winmail.dat format. any ideas? i'm using > outlook 2000. Don't use Rich Text, which is specific to Outlook. Use plain text or HTML format. -- Brian Tillman All... I have a similiar issue. We are using Exchange 2000, SP3....

copy and Paste a picture from Google to an email in windows Mail
Does anyone know how to change settings to allow a picture to be copied from a google image and pasted into windows mail -- all I get is a square with a 'X 'in it ?? "steph" <steph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC8051BD-6594-4D59-A1F7-8CE94D88DAB6@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to change settings to allow a picture to be copied > from > a google image and pasted into windows mail -- all I get is a square with > a > 'X 'in it ?? Right click the image>save picture as>name it and save to your Pict...

Email Alert on New Issue
I'm working with Project Server 2010. I am using the out of the box Issues List within a Project Site. The site, issues list or none of the fields have been modified. 1. I have a valid email address 2. I have email configured properly within project server server settings 3. SharePoint central administration and outgoing email is configured properly 3. I get emails when I publish schedules. I get emails when users submit updates. 4. When I create a new issue and assign myself to the owner and assigned to fields, I get no alert. 5. If I go into the issue and set up an indiv...

Attachments in Outlook Express
I'm using Outlook Express 6 as my email client. when I download emails from my hotmail account into OE, I can see the attachments in greyscale (they're there but vague) and I am unable to access them - clicking on them does nothing to open them. Any Hints? ...

Why does my email disappear from my inbox?
Why does my email disappear after about 2 weeks?? I want to be able to see my old email everytime I open my inbox. Please help. thanks Version of Outlook? Could it be that you have enabled AutoArchive? Tools-> Options-> tab Other -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "ufgatormom" <ufgatormom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17EBE697-5178-460D-8EBC-5C587388A3DF@microsoft.com... > Why does my email disappear after a...

Trouble with downloading attachments
Just recently I have been unable to download email attachments that require word. I have Office 2007. When I download a mail attachment (any mail, Yahoo etc, not just Outlook) I get a File conversion message pop up. It doesn't matter what I click on, nothing opens, well it does but you can't read it. This never used to happen. ...

Transfering emails and address book.
I have had to reformat my hard drive from 98 to XP and was using Outlook. I will lose all my eamails and address book unless someone can tell me how to move them over from one hard drive to another????? Where are they stored in 98??? Thanks JC On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 18:19:42 -0700, "Jim Christian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have had to reformat my hard drive from 98 to XP and >was using Outlook. I will lose all my eamails and address >book unless someone can tell me how to move them over >from one hard drive to another????? Where are ...

Sending Emails 07-27-04
I have CRM 1.2 installed on Windows Server 2003. I can receive the CRM emails in the specified queues, but can't send an email from CRM. While sending it is giving me an error 'Unexpected Error Occured'. I have configured my exchange machine under same domain group and I can send/receive emails from outlook express. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks Check the Application log on the CRM server for a more explicit error and if you still need help, post a follow-up. Dave "Prafull" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4b1301c473a7$25b92...

i cant find my email documents
After installing an antivirus to my xp computer i cannot find all my past email. it gives a socket error number 10060 and an error number of 0x800CCC0E Please help "bAyai" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b3e101c4373f$9fc2fd40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > After installing an antivirus to my xp computer i cannot > find all my past email. it gives a socket error number > 10060 and an error number of 0x800CCC0E > Please help If you uninstall it, does the error go away? ...