All,
This issue recently happened in my company.  Upon creating a new user, the
policy was set to create the smtp and X400 address automaticaly.  Now when we
create a user the smtp and x400 addresses are not created, and when
attempting to setup the new user in outlook, the address cant be found.  We
are using exchange 2003 SP1 on Win2k3 servers.
0
Bryan1 (123)

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 06:49:07 -0700, "Bryan"
<Bryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>All,
>This issue recently happened in my company.  Upon creating a new user, the
>policy was set to create the smtp and X400 address automaticaly.  Now when we
>create a user the smtp and x400 addresses are not created, and when
>attempting to setup the new user in outlook, the address cant be found.  We
>are using exchange 2003 SP1 on Win2k3 servers.

That would be down to the recipient update service not interogating AD
and adding Exchange addresses for new or modified objects.
There are a number of causes. See:
http://blogs.technet.com/exchange/archive/2004/07/07/175444.aspx for a
lengthy tome on what you need to do in order to narrow the problem
down.
0
mark7219 (5666)

IE8 address box steals focus from search box
Hi Running latest IE8 I keep finding that when I start IE8, type an expression in the search box in the top right corner, the address box steals focus So if I type "SQL Server 2008 Client installation", the letters "SQL S" are in the search box and the rest of the letters "erver 2008 Client installation" are now in the address box. This is deeply annoying. Anyone seen this and know how it can be fixed? It only seems to do this at IE8 startup or new tab startup. After that, all words are in the search box and the address box dioes not steal focus....

Postal Bar Coding & Using Outlook Address Book in Publisher
I would like to add bar coding to my envelopes but can't seem to find any help in Publisher for this feature. I'd also like to find a way to use my Outlook Address book in Publisher - can anyone help me. Thanks After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Sharon Fermer <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I would like to add bar coding to my envelopes but can't seem to find > any help in Publisher for this feature. Read www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/FAQs.htm > I'd also like to find a way > to use my Outlook Address bo...

Access to SMTP addresses in an Outlook/Exchange offline Address Book
I am an Outlook/Exchange user who wants to be able to extract the names (last, first), "company", and SMTP addresses from an Outlook/Exchange offline Address Book. This information will be used to populate a Contacts folder. I want the name/company/SMTP in a contacts folder so it can be sync'd with a Palm, and for access from the company's webmail browser. Ideally if I could get the information extracted to a .csv file I could manipulate it from there. If it helps ...... I can find my way around Outlook, but am not an experienced VBA user. However, I have mid-le...

How do I separate address information from within an Excel cell?
I have a Christmas Card list that was created using a single cell for the whole address. Street, City, Zip/Postal etc. I need to split those components out into separate cells in order to do a proper mail merge. Is there any way to do this. I am not completely unfamiliar with macros but I if that is the solution I would require a fair bit of hand holding. Thanks S. If you actually used commas to separate the fields (and none of the fields contain commas), you could select the column and do: Data|text to columns delimited comma Remember to keep enough open columns to the right s...

How to create a similar resume in MS Excel ???
Hello All, I came across this interesting resume which has been prepared as a graph and charts sheet / dashboard. Although some may question its relevance / consistency in color usage / display of information , it is doing what it means to do... It captures attention and would surely give the candidate a boost. http://theportfolio.ofmichaelanderson.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/resume-infographic.jpg I was wondering how this can be created using MS Excel... can someone help me on this ??? Regards, Anand Kumar On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 22:13:21 -0700 (PDT), anandydr <anandydr@gmail.com> w...

Help: Formula put into entire row creates large file size
Hi, I have a spreadsheet where I would like one column to be the concatenation of two other columns. For example, in column C I would have =A1&B1. This excel file will be given to people and they will fill in values into columns A and B. The trick is, I don't know how many rows there will be, so I don't know how many rows in column C should have this formula. If I paste this formula into the entire column C, the excel file blows up to 3 megabytes. (It's only 15KB without this column). Are there ways for me to accomplish this more efficiently? Thanks for any help Are y...

Will un- & reinstalling Outlook'03 delete email & addresses?
I've been plagued with an Outlook problem for about a month. Settings are right. Test email works fine. All other internet related programs are fine. But Outlook gives me a "send/receive error" message as fast as I can hit "Send/Receive". If I keep it open just to check contacts or calendar it always crashes within 10 to 60 minutes. If I start it in safe mode it seems to work all right. I reinstalled and it worked for 30 minutes and then did the same thing. If I Uninstall first, and then Reinstall, will it help? Will I lose my contacts and emails? Help! Find...

How to automatically send a CC: email
Hi, Is it possible to configure Exchage server 2003 to automatically send a CC: copy to a mail recipient everytime an email is sent from someones mailbox? In other words, the manager would like to receive a copy of all emails sent by one of his employees. I know this can be done through rules in outlook, but I wish to perform this function from exchage for a group of users. Thanks in Advance ...

create address list
I want to create an address list that I can print, add too and edit. I also want to be able to pick multiple addresses’s and print labels. Contacts in Outlook supports that. claudia wrote: > I want to create an address list that I can print, add too and edit. I= also=20 > want to be able to pick multiple addresses=E2=80=99s and print labels. = =20 I tried outlook and this doesn’t meet my needs. The address and phone list is for my personal use. I previously used Works Word and created a list I printed to look up my family and friends phone numbers and addresse...

New funny recruitment video for Microsoft..
http://dropkickmonkey.com/2007/12/18/a-good-microsoft-recruitment-video-mindscape-a-new-viral-ad/ ...

Can I move down 12 rows in excel for every new entry
I am entering records of numbers which have formulas for calculation. I want to place these records every 12 rows and be able to automate the worksheet for our office personnel. How? HELP!! There can be anywhere from 50 to 150 records depending on how many batches are produced in manufacturing plant. right click sheet tab>view code>copy\paste this. If not column A (1) then change. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Column <> 1 Then Exit Sub Target.Offset(12).Select End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Mickey&...

sending email #16
Hi, Since i installed IE7 I have been having trouble with sending emails. I use outlook from office 2003. Receiving is OK and I can create the message OK but it just sits in the outbox and does not respond to the send command. Help please. ErnieH ...

New mail appearing as old deleted item
When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of the new mail showing in bold as new mail. The real new mail is not visible at all and is therefore lost. This problem also used to happen in Windows Mail so I bought Outlook 2007 but it still happens intermittantly. -- Kate What do you see in your Unread Mail folder? "Kate B" <KateB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9A95DD7-CFC4-423F-9B2B-F8B72177E2CE@microsoft.com... > When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of > the new mail...

Global address list #24
I created a few contact in active directory, and then deleted them. they are still listed in the Global address list. I have created another contact and it is not listed in the Global address list, only in the "all addresses lists >all contacts" how would i clean this up? Hi, try to recreate the GAL with ESM and download the Adress Book via Outlook Send/Receive. In my cases i often had success. best regards Oliver Kieselbach (MCSE) "John" wrote: > I created a few contact in active directory, and then deleted them. they are > still listed in the Global add...

PST not created in Outlook 2003 after importprf
Hi all, I would like to create a Exchange Server Outlook profile with a Unicode or ANSI PST file. When I launch outlook 2003 with the -importprf option, the creation of the profile work fine (exchange server settings) but none PST is add (if the file exist) or create and add (if the file not exist). When I try my outlook.prf file with the -importprf option on an outlook 2007, all work fine, in the same environment (domain, policy settings, etc...) I use the Outlook ADM file to force the cached offline mode as default. I try to use the settings "Exchange Unicode Mode - Ignore Arc...

What does "Compile error in hidden module:Autoexec New" mean?
I am receiving this error message when i start excel, with saved excel programs as well as new ones I am creating. A PDFMaker add-in problem. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 -- Jim "Karla" <Karla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5C336C6-10D3-40BE-8146-C0491DA16804@microsoft.com... |I am receiving this error message when i start excel, with saved excel | programs as well as new ones I am creating. ...

Opening LInks in Email
I am not able to open address links when they are sent as part of an email. Can this feature be activated? TIA Eric Aloha ecm, Probably. We need a lot more information about your setup to tell you how, though. To start with What version of Outlook are you using? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > I am not able to open address links when they are sent as part of an > email. Can this feature be activated? > > TIA > Eri I'm using ver 6 Outlook Express. ...

cant send emails to gmail accounts
if i send an email to someone with a gmail address they never receive it. it goes to my sent items and it says sent in the properties but they never receive it? any help greatly appreciated "maryandliam" <maryandliam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E11EF0A0-CDE5-46F4-A0FD-979144D1590D@microsoft.com... > if i send an email to someone with a gmail address they never receive it. > it > goes to my sent items and it says sent in the properties but they never > receive it? any help greatly appreciated If Outlook moves the message to S...

What's the name of the file that stores AutoComplete addresses
My Outlook had to be re-installed and I lost my contact list which is very large. I see several files in the recycle bin. Is one of them by contacts? Autocomplete cache is an NK2 file, named for your profile, often outlook.nk2. Paste the following line in the address bar of windows explorer; %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook and it will open to the folder where its stored. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subsc...

Fontcache for network users
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello! I am managing 36 iMAC's in a windows environment (Active Directory) with an xserve binded in to it among 500 XP desktops. The trouble I have is with the actual network users home drive (I think). The network home drive is specified by the active directory (LDAP) which use SMB share to all users (1600), the user accounts are locked down by the workgroup manager on the xserve. When a network user logs on with an smb homedrive the font menu is not appearing in the WYSIWYG format but everything else works just ...

ad user to Local group
Hello, I was told that I need to add the user to the DHCP Administrators local group if I do not want the same user to have control over the other DHCP servers I have, How can I accomplish this ? Thank you -- aconti ------------------------------------------------------------------------ aconti's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/73272.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1310820.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Creating and manging Address Lists
Hi ! My platform is as follows: Windows 2003 Server SP1 Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Outlook 2003 clients My domain is (for example) @mycompany.com. I have 100 users set up in ADUC with their mailbox. I want to create some sort of Distribution lists each with some specific users (let's say 3 differents lists with different users). I want to be able to send mails to these list just by sending an e-mail to mylist1@mycompany.com, and everyone belonging to the list will get a copy of the mail. The Filter trick in the creating process the list is not very convenient (my users are all the same ...

Urgent: Creating a gaprh from two existing polynomial garphs
Hi All, Please some one let me know the procedure how to draw a graph from two existing graphs(which are polynomials). Please provide me a URL which explains the process in detail, if possible. This is really urgent for me, Thanks in adance You have two charts, each with a series and a polynomial trendline? Copy one chart, select the other, and from the Edit menu, use Paste Special and select the All option. This adds the series from the copied chart to the other chart, plus any trendline and non-default formatting. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom ...

New domain (child or new forest)?
We have a single active directory domain (internal.com). We need to setup a second domain that will be accessed from the outside for non-employee users (external.com). If we do not want the external.com domain to have any access to the internal.com domain, shouldn't we create a "Domain in a new forest?" Creating a "Child domain in an existing domain tree," or a "Domain tree in an existing forest" will allow a two way trust between the root domain and the child domain correct? Howdie! jktat schrieb: > We have a single active directory dom...