Email account that forwards outside for Exchange 2003?

I've tried Contact, I've tried Universal Distribution group - neither will
allow me to choose a Contact as an outside recipient or member.

I've had to create a user and forward the message to the contact (with the
outside address).

But I don't like the user having an account.

I tried to find this on Google - I'm sure this is an easy one!

Thanks!

Is it mail-enabled?

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:59:36 -0700, "an admin too"
<stop-spam-please_kilbyfan@aol.com> wrote:

>I've tried Contact, I've tried Universal Distribution group - neither will
>allow me to choose a Contact as an outside recipient or member.
>
>I've had to create a user and forward the message to the contact (with the
>outside address).
>
>But I don't like the user having an account.
>
>I tried to find this on Google - I'm sure this is an easy one!
>
>Thanks!

0
adavid (8731)
10/28/2004 11:22:12 PM
Mail-enabled contact? I'm confused. Mail-enabled-group?

Can we start over?  I need a user to have an email address with my domain
name on his business card, but forward all mail sent to him to his AOL
account.

Currently we have to create a users and set delivery to a contact, meaning
we have two object to do one thing, and one of the objects has a login,

Thanks!

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
message news:rmv2o0pt77dcj14f86ej5ie06umsr6508v@4ax.com...
> Is it mail-enabled?
>

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:59:36 -0700, "an admin too"
> <stop-spam-please_kilbyfan@aol.com> wrote:
>
> >I've tried Contact, I've tried Universal Distribution group - neither
will
> >allow me to choose a Contact as an outside recipient or member.
> >
> >I've had to create a user and forward the message to the contact (with
the
> >outside address).
> >
> >But I don't like the user having an account.
> >
> >I tried to find this on Google - I'm sure this is an easy one!
> >
> >Thanks!

Yes, you need to create a mail-enabled contact that will then be
visible in the GAL.

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:40:13 -0700, "an admin too"
<stop-spam-please_kilbyfan@aol.com> wrote:

>Mail-enabled contact? I'm confused. Mail-enabled-group?
>
>Can we start over?  I need a user to have an email address with my domain
>name on his business card, but forward all mail sent to him to his AOL
>account.
>
>Currently we have to create a users and set delivery to a contact, meaning
>we have two object to do one thing, and one of the objects has a login,
>
>Thanks!
>
>"Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>message news:rmv2o0pt77dcj14f86ej5ie06umsr6508v@4ax.com...
>> Is it mail-enabled?
>>

>> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:59:36 -0700, "an admin too"
>> <stop-spam-please_kilbyfan@aol.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I've tried Contact, I've tried Universal Distribution group - neither
>will
>> >allow me to choose a Contact as an outside recipient or member.
>> >
>> >I've had to create a user and forward the message to the contact (with
>the
>> >outside address).
>> >
>> >But I don't like the user having an account.
>> >
>> >I tried to find this on Google - I'm sure this is an easy one!
>> >
>> >Thanks!

0
adavid (8731)

Can Recieve email but cannot send out
For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet connection, and can receive emails. I have tried disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any suggestions? are you getting any kind of error back? "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cc5901c43909$3916a210$a301280a@phx.gbl... > For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet > connection, and can receive emails. I have tried > disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any > suggestions? "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

outlook email questionaire
I want to send an email to clients that has a questionaire on it with text answers. I want them to be able to answer the questions and then click a button at the bottom of the page that will send it directly to my email without them having to enter my address. How do I do this? Well, i's possible to do what you want (mail a form to someone that's editable on the receiving end and runs code to send mail when done) but is not easy. Check out www. outlookcode.com for some ideas on how to approach this. If you are not using an exchange server, I'd recommend using Form Regions...

Can't forward to an external email address...
We have a user that uses his external AOL account as well as his company email account. He has asked me to forward all company mail to his external AOL account. I figured I'd be able to just go into the delivery options on the "Exchange General" tab for his user profile and forward to the appropriate address. However, you cannot enter just any address in there, it forces you to select an address from the directory - of course his AOL address is not there. Is there an easy way to forward all mail from his internal account to an external account? I tried creating a rule on his Out...

Email
I have created a simple Access database that our HR department will use to input demographic information on a new employee, as well as what software, access, etc. a new employee will need. Again, it is VERY simple, but what I can't figure out is how to create a button that the HR staff can click on and the file, with all the information, is emailed to our IS department. Can this be done? You can setup a report to based on your current record and email it using SendObject or using Outlook automation. This does require a minimal amount of VBA programming in either case. If you sear...

HELP: Lost all my old emails
Hello, First there was the power failure. Then there was Windows XP recovery program (that ran automatically). Now, my desktop is blown away and all my Outlook emails and contacts are gone. Could these files be lurking in some obscure directory? Don't say search for dbx files. My computer doesn't have any. I'm running Windows XP media edition. Regards and thanks. do a search for pst files. or you can try .pab files for your personal address book. If those arent there.. You might be screwed! I save my pst files on my server where they are backed up.. for just this re...

Outlook, NT Exchange 4.5, VPN, Domain..... Can't make it all work. PLZ help, will reward.
Really stuck with the Outlook� Situation: NT SBS 4.5 server. 6 machines connected to it on a domain. All suck internet through a LAN broadband router. Server used to be configured on a modem dial-up and emails worked fine. Now with this new ADSL setup (new provider) emails get stuck on despatch. Finding the SMTP server configuration has been a task I didn't manage. Can anyone help? I can only find the SMTP settings for the administrator on the server but that is of no use� I found a setting where all mail is forwarded to an internet based server but no place for a password or login. The...

New essay: Projects that build under VS.NET 2003/2005
It finally happened. Someone needs a project that builds under VS.NET 2005 (they want the ease of the 64-bit integration) and VS.NET 2003 (for all their old 32-bit developers). I wrangled with the problems for a bit, and came up with a kludge that actually works (clumsy though it is, alas). But to save anyone else the time taken to figure it out, the results of my experiment are documented on http://www.flounder.com/vs2325.htm joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm ...

View & Edit the source HTML code in 2003.
I just upgraded from express to 2003, and I am not happy because the feature I use the most is gone. While composing a new message using Express there are three tabs at the bottom of the window “Edit” “Source” and “Preview”. I want to be able to change the Source HTML code using Outlook 2003. I have search the message board for an answer and was unable to find one. I have the message type set to HTML, but when I insert HTML tags in the message they do not do anything. I can’t find a separate HTML view, and I don’t want to use “Insert >> picture” or “Insert >> Hyperlink” every ...

email addresses in memory
An outlook 2003 user states that when sending out an email and when they type in a letter in the "to" area the email addresses that were in memory when you type a letter or name are gone. They said they didn't do anything different. The addresses are in the contact list but there is nothing in memory so you have to type the whole address in. Is this possible or can address in memory be deleted or removed? They are stored in the *.nk2 file located in Docs&Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook (by default) You dont have to type the address in, just click the &...

Exchange 2003 mailbox permissions being reset
I have seen many posts on this same problem with no real answer, hopefully somebody out there has found a solution. I add "send as" rights to a mailbox for a user other than the owner of the mailbox (or full access, make no difference) and it works fine for a short while, then when less than an hour goes by (not sure exactly how long), the user that was added in the permissions tab is missing and obviously the send as ability is gone. I have tried adding the user on the Security tab, then also hitting the advanced button and adding it there (per ms kB#327000). The user that I'...

Unlinking tracked emails in CRM 3.0
I find that once an email is linked to/tracked by CRM (Customer, Client, Activity) it can't be unlinked! only deleted. For example; A client uses an old CRM generated email containing the tracking token to ask about a new problem. CRM automatically tracks the new email to the old CRM case and I can't untrack it to link it to a new case. Any information would be helpful... Hi, Check out "How to "untrack" Microsoft CRM Outlook e-mails" on following blog http://blog.sonomapartners.com/ -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for ou...

Korean email
I can type and send Korean characters in emails but cannot receive them in Outlook 2003. Any help? ...

sbs 2003 exchange
im trying to setup outlook web access but having issues. I ran the configure internet wizard thing and checked the boxes for outlook web and such for access but when i go to http:\\servername.domainname.com\exchange or domainname.com\exchange my hosting company pops up and says domain is parked. what am i doing wrong? Thanks Joe You need to use your internal server name. Once it is working, you need your ISP to set up an A record to your Exchange server. "Johnny Dagger" <JohnnyDagger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:984E6032-7701-4B44-9684-4A90FE8A79B...

Instant search of emails (10,000) fails
Failure of instant search requires reboot befor resolving for search or two and again fails ...

Connecting to Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2003
I have recently had to rebuild an Exchange 5.5 server due to a raid array crash. I have the server up and operational but I have several users that have the Outlook 2003 client installed than can no longer get into their accounts. It worked prior to the crash. The OS is windows 2000 server with all SP's and Exchange 5.5 with all SP's. The user get the error "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The exchange server is not available." I have verified that the RPC binding in the Client PC and on the Server is set for RPC over TCP/IP. Any help is great! Ron Have you t...

Excel 2003 #29
I have calculated cells formatted for Currency w/ 2 decimal places// when print they have 15 decimal places // I've tried standard formatting Number & Accounting and they also print 15 decimal places when formatted for 2 decimal places // how can this be corrected so when cell formatted for 2 decimal places it will print 2 decimal places ? This is not standard excel behavior. Are you sure you changed the number format? Any chance you have some kind of macro that changes the numberformat before you print? Martins wrote: > > I have calculated cells formatted for Currency w...

outlook express outgoing email disappears
I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and with different addressees when I send an email it is received by the addressee ok but it is not in my sent items folder so I have no record of it! It does not happen every time -- perhaps about 1 in 6. I'M probably overlooking the obvious. Suggestions welcome. i suggest the outlook express newsgroup -Gary "Sean Dunne" <dunnes@iol.ie> wrote in message news:128d001c3f72d$d457f8f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and > with different addressees when I send an email it...

How do I Full screen an Email???
I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in Word or Excel & used the Alt+V+U function for full screen. What I am trying to see just the heart of the email not the header or anything else but the email body Craig <cb3_3@hotmail.com> wrote: > I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in > a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like > I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in > Word or Excel & us...

Office 2003 Beta version
I have the Office 2003 Beta version which has expired. Does anyone know if I can just installed the Office 2003 upgrade or do I have to buy the whole friggin' application suite? You can find the upgrade requirements here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/howtobuy/standard.mspx#XSLTs ection127121120120 In article <9A063B69-A41D-437F-A1E4-3F9A78049013@microsoft.com>, Bildmk <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have the Office 2003 Beta version which has expired. Does anyone know if I > can just installed the Office 2003 upgrade or do I have to ...

Outlook 2003 OAB Offline Address Book
Platform: Windows XP SP2 Outlook 2003 Exchange 2007 SP1 We originally thought the offline address book was not updating however this is not the case. It seems as if there are multiple “domain.com all” address under the All Address Lists and only one of them are updating against the GAL. I have tried deleting the *.oab files to have the address book rebuilt without sucess. Any thoughts how to remove the “domain.com all” that is not updating? Thanks Chris Hi, this newsgroup is for Office for Mac. Please repost your question in a newsgroup that deals with Office for Windows; while th...

Missing text in email
I recently installed Exchange 2003. From time to time when my users send email outside the company there messages are missing text upon arrival. The text missing could be two sentences at the end of a paragraph and the next one starts okay, or it could be a very words missing here and that. Any ideas of this Michelle P. Michelle: I know you have probably thought about this already, but do you have any type of content inspection system installed on your Exchange server? Or anything installed that stamps a message disclaimer on the message. Is the message changed by the clien...

Emails not leaving outbox
Hi all - I am having what seems to be a common problem, but all of the suggested fixes I found did not work. I have set up SQLServer to use MAPI to email notifications. I have Outlook 2000 installed and configured and working. The SQLServer notifications part isworking too. The only thing I can't figure out is the emails never leave the outbox until I start Outlook and click Send/Receive. Then they are all sent fine. I read some articles mentioning MAPISP32, which appears to be the culprit. From what I see it's supposed to spool emails that are in the Outlook outbox. I found after I ...

email forwarding to my other email
I have two email accounts. One I use for work and the other for personal. For some reason, my personal email is being forwarded to my work email. I don't know why and how do I stop it....? Are these POP3 accounts? Has it ever worked? Are they separate accounts, or addresses that are aliases for the same Inbox? Does your personal e-mail show in both places, or is it going to your work only? Any rules set up in WinMail, or on the server's Website? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "az otr" <az otr@disc...

Outlook 2003 opens multiple instances
When I double click the desktop icon for outlook it opens twice or has two instances available in the task manager window. Once I disable or end these and reopen outlook it is fine. Also, we are currently running Viewmail and Viewfax from Active Voice. Any help would be grealty appreciated. Charles Garcia wrote: > When I double click the desktop icon for outlook it opens > twice or has two instances available in the task manager > window. Once I disable or end these and reopen outlook it > is fine. This happens randomly for me too. In fact, for a long time it used to a...

Exchange 2003 workflow
Dear All I have windows 2003 Ent server with Exchange 2003. I got instruction to work in Workflow in exchange 2003. I had read many documents in microsoft and also download SDK tools etc.What i need step by step guide to install and configure the workflow in exchange 2003 OR after the OS and Exchange 2003 Setup finish what should i need to do? Kindly help me to work in workflow with correct document or guide. Thanks in Advance Many Thanks Hameed Have you seen this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/modcore/html/deconBuildingWorkflowProcessPWD.asp?fra...