Easier way to replicate 1,000 Public folders?? HELP

Just finished setting up a new Exchange 2000 Server on our domain.  Now what
I need to do is replicate hundreds of public folders from our other mail
server.

There are hundreds of folders, and sub folders in the 'Public' store. So
far, I've been adding the replica to each folder, one by one.   I really
don't want to spend the day adding a replica to a few hundred folders.  Is
there a tool I can use, that will automaticaly add 'NewServerMail' to each
public folder replica?  If not, this will take hours!!

Thanks
0
CourtneyR (16)

you should be able to select each "top level" folder, configure the replica,
then tell it to propagate settings (replicas)...or use pfdavadmin which also
gives you this option...

"Courtney R" <CourtneyR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just finished setting up a new Exchange 2000 Server on our domain.  Now
what
> I need to do is replicate hundreds of public folders from our other mail
> server.
>
> There are hundreds of folders, and sub folders in the 'Public' store. So
> far, I've been adding the replica to each folder, one by one.   I really
> don't want to spend the day adding a replica to a few hundred folders.  Is
> there a tool I can use, that will automaticaly add 'NewServerMail' to each
> public folder replica?  If not, this will take hours!!
>
> Thanks

0
sconkey (3059)

Help with producing a 24-hour peaktime analysis in Excel
Hope some excel champion can help me with the following dilemma: I have data on burglaries that look like this, sorted by Burglary # and then Start Date of when the burglary was committed: Burglary # Start Date End Date Start Time End Time 1 01-Jan-01 01-Jan-01 21:00 21:45 2 01-Jan-01 01-Jan-01 21:20 23:45 3 01-Jan-01 02-Jan-01 22:00 00:45 4 01-Jan-01 08-Jan-01 22:05 22:05 I want to be able to: (1) calculate the duration of time for each burglary in hours....

Is there any way to throttle multiple protection agents at once?
Running DPM 2010 RC and whenever I select multiple computers with protection agents from the management tab, the 'throttle computer' option is greyed out. I have 549 client computers and don't want to have to enter the throttling settings on each one. Please help. Thanks a lot for bringing this into our notice. Currently its not available, we will take a look into it in future releases. Just to understand the problem you are trying to solve by throttling: Are you trying to reduce the data that hits the DPM by all protected client machines at the same ...

Public Folder Replication on All Child Folders...
Hi All, i have three exchange servers across three locations. i just finished upgrading one of the exchange servers. i have set public folder replication on the new server so the get migrated to the new server. our public folders have lots of sub folders or child folders, do i have to go into each one of them and add the new exchange server on each folder under the replication tab? can i just go to properties of the parent public folder and add the new server name there under the replication tab which will then apply to all child folders as well? it's currently not applying the newly a...

Please Help
I am a fairly new user to excel. I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have a workbook that has a spot in the left hand corner for the date. I need to know how if I change the date in the left hand corner it changes the date on the tab instead of having to always change both. Thanks Jessica ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ right click on sheet tab>view code>insert this>save As written, works when you change cell B4 Private Sub Worksheet_Ch...

Help with Formula #11
Hi, hope someone can help me. I have a column (column A) of dates in my spreadsheet in the following format DD/MM/YYYY what I would like is formula in column B that will look at the date in column A and take off the DD so I will ultimatly have two columns e.g. Column A Column B 12/01/2004 01/2004 25/08/2005 08/2005 26/09/2005 09/2005 Many Thanks Try this. Where your list starts in A1 in B1 type. =TEXT(A1,"mm/yyyy") Copy down your list. Cheers, Stev -- Steve ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SteveG's Prof...

Feb 10 live MSFT chat: RMS 1.2 Hardware Configuration
Hi all, This is Michelle, editor of the Microsoft Business Solutions Community site. I want to let you know that this week, on Thursday, Feb. 10, at 11 a.m. PST, we'll be hosting a live chat on RMS 1.2 hardware setup. Here's a description of the chat: Hardware Configuration in Microsoft Retail Management System 1.2 February 10, 2005 11:00 A.M. Pacific Time Have questions about setting up and configuring the hardware your POS system uses? In this live chat, Microsoft Retail Management System developers Balaji Balasubramanian, Josef Schauer, Dan Hanke, and Sylvester La Blanc wi...

Is there way to see 7 day calendar in same format as 5 day calendar?
I'm using Outlook 2003. I'd like to be able to see a week at a time in the calendar view but want to see it in the format like the 5 day week where you see the hours down the left side. My monitor is big enough that even thought there will be 7 columns it will still be usable. Currently if you choose 7 WEEK (or if you drag across 7 days on the mini calendar on the left side) it goes to the view where each day is a box with no time bars....like a bigger version of the month view...I hate that view. Thanks In that mini calendar, don't select the 7 days in the same week....

Ex2003
OK, I am stumpted... How can I create a public folder? I have the Store. But can't figure out how to create a folder. It looks like I do NOT want a public store hierarchy. Are these folders created under the Organization->FOLDERS or under SERVERS->MY-SERVER->First Storage Store -> Public Folder Store. It appears that the only thing I can create under ORG->FOLDERS is a new FOLDER TREE. I thought that in 5.5 public folders were created with the Client (MS OUTLOOK)... Is this different? I have tried to create via OUTLOOK but just couldn't figure it out. Carl i creat...

Pls help: collate receipts
Very often I have to send msgs to a number of clients and wait for their returned receipts. If not delivered or not read, I have to re-send a few days later. Please help if there is any good way to list out which client has return receipts and which not? Thanks very much. There's a Receipt Request field available from the Field Chooser. You can add that to a view and work with it any way that is practical for you. -- Bill Rodgers MVP "new" <1and2@sinatown.com> wrote in message news:%23KZBW6IqFHA.2240@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Very often I have to send msgs ...

Ranking an average time from 1 to 5
I have a group of soccer players that each run three races, I want to use the average of these three timed races to rate these players within a group from 1 to 5 (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) where 5 is the smallest time increment and 1 is the largest time increment (faster is better). A couple of notes: 1.) Races are usually no more than a few minutes long. 2.) The end result should have approximately the same number of players of each rating. 3.) Each number from 1 – 5 needs to be a whole number; no decimals. 4.) Each group of players can vary in size from 16 to 72. 5.) There are 12 group...

What is the best way to parse and validate an arbitary XML documen
My application needs to be able to parse and validate either a DTD or schema based document without knowing in advance which form of grammar a document is using. (New documents presented to my system are schema based while the older ones are DTD - conversion is not an option as these document represent legally binding contracts and they must be processed as is). In the .Net 1.1 version of my code I used a XmlValidatingReader instance configured with ValidationType.Auto which handled both document types. Now that n I am porting the code to 2.0 I am trying to use the new XmlReader.Create...

Chart Help #2
Is there a way to get 5 columns in one cell in a chart? Thanks Bill What do you mean by "5 columns in one CELL"? Please rephrase what you wish to do best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Bill" <wjjeannette@meeci.com> wrote in message news:eRaeV2TrJHA.3584@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to get 5 columns in one cell in a chart? > > Thanks > Bill > > On Mar 25, 12:33 pm, "Bill" <wjjeanne...@meeci.com> wrote: > Is there a way to get 5 columns in ...

outlook 2000 net folders problem
Hi I am using Office / Outllook 2000 on XP pro, 2000 pro and 98 clients. Using Net Folders, I was able to share a calendar with all clients accept the one running windows 2000. The error I am getting is: "The Custom Form could not be opened. Outlook will use an Outllook form instead. The object could not be found." I uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2000 with no results. Can anyone provide an answer please. Thanks in advance Mick ...

InterOrg Replication Utility #3
Anyone have experience with the InterOrg Replication Utility? Can it be used to synch free/busy info for a subset of users or does a whole organization's free/busy info have to be synched to the subscriber? For sharing a small number of one company's users free/busy with a small number of another company's users free/busy is this feasible? Cost is an object so the freeness of this tool is attractive. Thanks I'm fairly certain that the free/busy option is an all-or-nothing one...with public folders, you can get pretty granular...that's all I've ever used it for...but...

Best Way to do it
I am currently a police officer in the UK and I am trying to device a spreadsheet / database that will highlight problem hotspots. Now, I intend to create a spreadsheet that will highlight areas that are affected by different crime. So, in one sheet I will have burglaries, car crime in another, antisocial behaviour in another. Now I am unsure what data the spreadsheet should contain and how to display the results. I would like the results to come back on an individual name / address basis per sheet in the file, but I would also like it to produce results on road names. So for example, if Mr...

Easier Credit Card Setup and easier Credit Card Tendering
Credit Card tender type set up should be easier, all major card types (Visa, MC, AX, Discover, Diner Clubs, etc) should already be in the system and simply having to select the option of accepting that card. It should also be easier at the Tender where we only have to select Credit Card tender, swipe the card, and the system automatically knows what type of card it is based on the card number, and have it shown on the receipt and report appropriately according to the card type. Currently having us selecting what card type is being use is just too cumbersome. Natt You can set up jus...

need help with spell check
I'm using my husbands computer and didn't know he didn't have spanish set up in his spell check and set it as the default. Now I don't know how to put it back in english.. Can anyone help? Tools>Spelling, from the dropdown select English (US) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Lori" <mrgmann6969@aol.com> wrote in message news:00fb01c35539$b69598e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I'm using my husbands computer and didn't know he > didn't have spanish set up in his spell check and > set it as the default. Now I don't know how to put > it back in...

Best way to print multiple booklets? continued
I would like to print multiple copies of the same booklet on my laser printer. I want to print hopefully one page, ten copies of each, then reinsert the paper and print the other side. Hopefully, I would like to do this for booklets up to 32 or more pages. Is there a good way to do this? -- -- Robert Pearson ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music http://www.rspearson.com Reply From: Mary Sauer - view profile Date: Thurs, May 4 2006 12:45 am Email: "Mary Sauer" <mary-sa...@mycolumbus.rr.com> Groups...

replication public folder
Hi 1)I have 3 sites interconnected by an ADSL wan (slow connectivity). 2)3 Windows Servers. Main site is Windows NT 4.0 SP6 Server, the other 2 Windows NT 4.0 SP6 Server, all patched to the latest. 3) 3 exchange servers, one per site (therefore I use 3 sites and sites connectors). 4) the main exchange server is Exchange 5.5 SP4, the other 2 Exchange 5.5 SP4. 5) all servers are in the same domain. Originally my public folder hierarchy was visible from all servers when I was logged in as administrator. Now in site 1, I see certain public folders, if I connect to the other servers m...

Adding .FDM form to public folders on server
I was wondering if some one could please shed some light on this issue. I have a Request form that I would like posted under the public folders so employees with security rights can access through outlook and fill out. Anyone formiliar with this please let me know. Thanks JA you can publish a form via Outlook to the Organizational Forms Library Tools/Forms/Publish.... On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 14:40:52 -0700, "Josh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was wondering if some one could please shed some light >on this issue. I have a Request form that I woul...

HELP
We have an application that is used by over 8000 people worldwide. One of our users is just starting to have the following problem: Run-time error '-2147467259(80004005)': Method 'Add' of object 'CommandBarControls' failed I have read that this problem can be caused by trying to open the file in Internet Explorer. The user has told me that she has tried opening MS Excel and then the .xls file and she still gets the same problem when the file is trying to open. She is the only one that has had this problem. Could there be something wrong with her Excel settings or som...

Is there a way to turn off keyboard shortcuts in Word?
As I'm typing a million things are happening. The find and replace box is opening, the text is centering, italicizing. I'm not a sloppy typer. And I'm not hitting the control key. Its driving me crazy. Please help. On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:22:01 -0800, what the heck <what the heck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >As I'm typing a million things are happening. The find and replace box is >opening, the text is centering, italicizing. I'm not a sloppy typer. And I'm >not hitting the control key. Its driving me crazy. Please help. You ...

Search My Report Help
I made a report from a table that is a list of files with their hyperlink, a description column, etc. I want to make a report that has a search button at the top, and can be searched by All columns or the few columns I have. I have tried to search for answers and am new to Access. Can someone give me a good resource, give me some code help, or tell me if this is possible? You can't put command buttons on a report. Therefore you need to "search" for the data in the query that you use for the record source for the report. You can search on a form. In fact there...

Public Folder Size does not reduce
Hi, I am runing Exch2K3 SP1 on Win 2K3. I have a huge PF store which is about 42 GB in physical size in my harddisk. I have moved out a significant amound of messages and using Exchange System manager export list feature I have calculated that I have now have about 23GB of messages in it. I have tried runing eseutil on to the database twice but the PF store size does not seem to reduce. What did I miss here, please enlighten. Thanks very much. MWGP On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 17:03:35 +0800, "MWGP" <gpwong@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am runing Exch2K3 SP1 on Win 2K3. ...

Help with Lookup
I need your help with a lookup. I have a spreadsheet of contract proposals. I populate this spreadsheet with my company's proposals and the vendor's proposals. As new proposals come in, I keep updating the spreadsheet. I want to be able to do a lookup of our most recent proposal spend and a separate lookup of the vendor's most recent proposal spend. Moreover I would also like to do lookups of the 2nd most recent proposal spend. Below is an example Our Proposal 1 Vendor Proposal 2 Our Proposal 2 Vendor Proposal 2 Our Proposal 3 Spend ...