earthlink will not receive mail from exchange server

Email sent to earthlink are bounced with a message stating that our exchange
server is not configured correctly.  We have contacted Earthlink and they
assure me that the error is on our end, but they have no way to tell us what
the problem is.  We do have reverse DNS set up with our ISP which was an
issue with AOL once upon a time.  Any thoughts what could be stopping
Earthlink from receiving email from our Exchange server?
0
Jim8980 (510)

Check your domain and make sure you have a PTR correctly set:
www.dnsreport.com

What is the exact NDR?

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 13:23:08 -0800, Jim <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Email sent to earthlink are bounced with a message stating that our exchange
>server is not configured correctly.  We have contacted Earthlink and they
>assure me that the error is on our end, but they have no way to tell us what
>the problem is.  We do have reverse DNS set up with our ISP which was an
>issue with AOL once upon a time.  Any thoughts what could be stopping
>Earthlink from receiving email from our Exchange server?

0
adavid (8731)

will it do it?...
I am looking for a contact for a training center for publisher in or around Chattanooga TN. It can be in one of the neighboring states. If anyone has any idea of who I can contact please send me an email to my work. jbibleATtennrandDOTcom. Thank you all John E. Bible TN Rand Company http://www.microsoft.com/en/us/default.aspx Try this site http://www.netcominfo.com/courses/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ChessNut" <ChessNut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:409B2167-8450-474...

Disable Receiving Junk Emails from Mailbox to Personal Folders
Hi; have anyone tried successfully to disable junk email's from being downloaded to the user's personal folder. I'm using outlook 2003, to a exchange 2003 server. Meaning to disable the junk mails from being delivered to the personal folder's "junk email folder". Just leave it on the mailbox. Cheers,,... mustang wrote: > Hi; > > have anyone tried successfully to disable junk email's from being > downloaded to the user's personal folder. > > I'm using outlook 2003, to a exchange 2003 server. > > > Meaning to disable the ju...

attachments selectively received
Outlook 2003. Problem is that some recipients receive attachments and some do not. I've changed the format for outgoing email to HTML - same thing. I convervted from OE to Outlook a long time ago and had a big problem understanding Contacts and Personal Address Books. For one recipient who couldn't receive attachments, i deletetd his entry from Contacts and then went to re-enter it - I got an error message that said the entry was still there and asked whether I wanted to add another one or update the existing one... after I had deleted the existing one. Any thoughts as to ...

Exchange/Active Directory Problems
All, Before I joined my current employer the admin here upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000(Box A) and then added another Exchange 2000 box to the organisation(Box B)and migrated the data in Box A to Box B. Box B is now the working exchange server and Box A is no longer used. The problem is that if I actually shut down Box A I can add a new user to Active Directory but I am unable to modify a users email/smtp details. All mail can still be transferred with no problems which would lead me to believe that Exchange is Ok but there is some sort of Active Directory link between the two b...

e-mail duplications
Many copies of an e-mail I send are forwarded with a blank body. Sometimes I also receive same. Record so far is 6 copies! Help please & thank you. Bev Is this an Exchange account? If so did you accidently check the "Use Cashed Exchange Mode" check box? "Bev" wrote: > Many copies of an e-mail I send are forwarded with a blank body. Sometimes I > also receive same. Record so far is 6 copies! Help please & thank you. > > Bev ...

Can't drag and drop an Excel file from Windows Explorer to new mail message
Hi, Is there some setting preventing me from using drag and drop from Windows Vista Explorer to quickly attach files I want to send with emails? When I try to drag frrom the Explorer window onto the open email I get the circle with a diagonal line through it showing it is not allowed. Thanks in advance, Nigel Nigel Freeney <nigel.msnewsgroups@freeney.co.uk> wrote: > Is there some setting preventing me from using drag and drop from > Windows Vista Explorer to quickly attach files I want to send with > emails? > When I try to drag frrom the Explorer window onto the op...

Cannot receive email
I have just recently purchased a new HP Pavilion dc7 Laptop (Intel(R)Core(TM) i7 CPU. I use Bellsouth.net for my email and am TRYING to use Windows Live email. I was able to receive but could not send. I had a friend help me transfer all of my stuff from the old Laptop to the new one and help me get set up. We never did get my mail to send. After reading numerous posts in this discussion group I figured that the Incoming and Outgoing Ports might be wrong. The Outgoing Port was 25 and I changed it to 465 and the Incoming Port is 995 and I left it as is. And now I can send bu...

Cash Recepits/Receivable Management
Right now, we are manually enter all the checks we receive into GP everyday. The path is Transaction->sales->receivables batch-> we then build a batch chose Origin "Cash Receipt Entry" then click on transaction. We then enter each checks we receive and apply it to the corresponding invoice. My Question is: 1. Can we create a spreadsheet with all the information (Eg: Customer ID, amount of check, check number and which invoice) and upload this spreadsheet into GP 2. If so, please email me the complete details along with any additional information you may need....

deleting without opening e mail
how do i delete an e mail message without opening it? when i left click a message it opens right away, also if i try to right click then delete ,it also opens as soon as i right click it. is there a way to highlight the message,then delete from my keyboard? when i put my mouse pointer over the message ,it does not highlight hope someone will help Thanks >-----Original Message----- >how do i delete an e mail message without opening it? >when i left click a message it opens right away, >also if i try to right click then delete ,it also opens as soon a...

error when restarting smtp virtual server in a cluster
Hi, i'm working in a test environement, a 2003 SP2 enteprise computer running a virtual server 2005R2 with 3 virtual computers running a domain controler and 2 nodes and a virtual shared scsi bus I've just finished my exchange 2003 SP1 cluster configuration (acitve/passive) The exchange is working very well, sending msgs with either node, shuting down one node, reading msgs from an outlook 2003 or the web access, everything is working fine. But for an odd reason i cant restart my smtp virtual server, it keeps telling about adding a cluster resource for the SMTP virtual server in order...

"All Accounts" send/receive will NOT sync Hotmail
I have a profile with one Exchange Server account (using .ost file) and one Hotmail account. The problem is that Hotmail will not sync. I am using the standard "All Accounts" send/receive group, set to sync every 5 minutes when online, both accounts included in "Send/receive (F9)" for both online and offline. In the "All Accounts" group I have these settings for the Hotmail account: - Checked "Send mail items" - Checked "Inbox" (download complete item including descriptions) - Checked "Junk Mail" (download item description only) Yet...

redirection of mail
in my company one of the user is shifted to u.s..this company is in india now he wants the intranet mails to redirect to his internet mail id,how can we do this in exchange2003 On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 00:31:02 -0700, "nizamali" <nizamali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >in my company one of the user is shifted to u.s..this company is in india now >he wants the intranet mails to redirect to his internet mail id,how can we do >this in exchange2003 Create a mail-enabled contact and forward to this account via delivery options in the ADUC Andy David - MVP <adavid@...

How do you move OE folders from XP to Vista Windows Mail
Bought new Compaq computer with Vista Premium. Windows Mail works fine, but can't get folders like "Sent" "Drafts" etc. from Outlook Express moved over. The OE newsgroup is the best place for you to ask this. OE is part of Internet Explorer, not Microsoft Office. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx Good luck. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Marty in GA" wrote: > Bought new Compaq computer with Vista Premium. Windows Mail works fine, but > can&#...

Delay in receiving mail to one domain
Using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 on our LAN. In the DMZ-zone is a SMTP-server (Windows 2003) that sends mail to/from the internet and to/from Exchange server. MX-record points to this SMPT-server. The SMTP-service has defined four remote domains, dom1.no, dom2.no, dom3.no, dom4.no and one local (default) domain dom.local Sending mail out from us (all domains) goes immediately. Receiving mail to three domains (dom2-4) goes immediately. But to dom1.no the mails are staying in the queue on the SMTP-server for some minutes and then are sent to the Exchange-server. It looks like the mails to ...

Outlook 2003
In our office we have Outlook 2003. There are certain calendar items on my calendar (so far all are re-occurring in which this problem happens) that will not open. I will double click, it will ask me to open the occurrence or series, I can choose either but then Outlook will just hang and the item will never open. I can go to task manager and it shows as responding, however will not ever open the calendar item. I have to end process on Outlook and go back in. This doesn't happen on all re-occurring calendar items; however I can't pinpoint similarities between the ones that do hang up O...

How to Purchase Upgrade to R2 from Windows Server 2008 R1???
No where can I find out how to purchase an upgrade from Windows Server 2008 R1 to R2. Anyone have any information on this? Hello Michael A., Just talk to your reseller about it. Or what do you mean? You need an additional license for Windows server 2008 R2. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm > No where can I find out how to purchase an upgrade from Windows...

Automatic E-mail Of Reports
We would like the ability to get reports E-mailed to us Automatically, like Customers that are past due. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b57e1355-17ae-4e05-...

Graphics will not display
Since installing Publisher 2003, graphics that I have placed in documents do not display on my screen, but do print. It does not matter if the file is an old one or something that I have just created. For example, I can open up a new document, place a piece of Publisher clipart on the page and I cannot see it, but when I print the file it is there. I do have pictures turned on to detailed display under view and the Graphics Manager lists the clipart and will take me to the location in the document if I click on it. I do not have this problem with my files on another machine using the sa...

Bounced Mail [WILDPACKET]
Once in a while uses face this issue when addressing to different domains: mydomainnamemail@snclavalinprofac.com on 12/1/2005 2:15 PM A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator. <01EXBTOR.snclavalinprofac.com #4.4.6> Who's mail server is generating this message, I guess our's, right? Please advise. Thank you This is the reporting MTA: 01EXBTOR.snclavalinprofac.com #4.4.6 I don't know it it is yours or not.... "WILDPACKET" <WILDPAC...

Trouble connecting to Earthlink?
I apologize if this is OT, but I couldn't find anyplace better to post it. Since Friday, whenever any of our employees sends email to an Earthlink address, the recipient receives multiple copies. This only happens when we are sending to earthlink addresses I think I've figured out what the problem is. I used telnet to connect to mx2.earthlink.net (one of their SMTP servers) and manually inputted the from, to, and data fields, and when I was done with the data field, the earthlink server did not send a 250 OK reply, per RFC0821. It just sat there and returned nothing. The email ac...

Monitor # of E-mails in and out
Does any one know of a way within Exchange 2003 to monitor or report the number of e-mail coming in and out of an orginazation? Any built in tools or third party apps? TIA PerfMon counters and Message Tracking logs. Ray wrote: > Does any one know of a way within Exchange 2003 to > monitor or report the number of e-mail coming in and out > of an orginazation? Any built in tools or third party > apps? > > TIA -- Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain. http://spf.pobox.com ...

Exchange 2007 Mailbox limits
I have an Exchange 2007 server. One user is not able to receive any mail due to what appears to be a mailbox limit size issue. The NDR is: ------------------------------------------------------------------- Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists: user@mydomain.com The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly. ------------------------------------------------------------------- I checked his ...

Server name in SMTP communication
Hello, I have a question which probably has a simple answer, but I can't find the solution. We have an Exchange 2003 server behind an ISA 2004 firewall. The Exchange services are published through ISA, and the Exchange server actually resides on an internal, private domain. Everything works fine, however when our Exchange server is communicating with external SMTP servers for mail delivery, it reports its name as the FQDN of our internal domain. This domain is unknown to the outside world, and I fear some systems will reject based on this. Is there a way to change the name that is used ...

Money 2001 v9.0, balances will not zero
Older verison of Money has performed flawlessly up until now. Balancing my checking account, all entries I've cleared match the statement perfectly (account is reconciled manually to a paper statement, not to downloaded data) and program should reconcile the account. The cleared balance field shows ($300.00) and statement balance $300.00, but difference field has been doubled and reads $600.00, instead of zeroing out and indicating account is in balance. It seems like a glitch somewhere in the app is not adding the values correctly. I've found no options to repair the file in my versi...

Viewing mail
I have an odd question that may or may not get asked quite a bit. I am running Exchange 2k3 and need to know how to open a users mailbox to view what is inside (unbeknownst to them, of course). Sounds shady I know but sometimes you have to keep an eye on what some users are sending out and bringing in. Can anyone lend some advice or point me to some aplicable reading material? Thanks you can give yourself "full mailbox access" permissions, and "send as" rights on the mailbox in order to open the mailbox yourself... or you can take a static copy of the mailbox using ex...