e2k7 send connector

Hello,

Does anyone know what this error message is meaning : "Source server
'MAIL2' is not from the connector's source routing group."

The funning this is that when i press the add button this is the only
server that is displayed.

I'm running in co-existens with e2k and now i have move all mail from
that server and want to shut i down for the last time.. But i cannot
remove it from the Send Connector...

Kind Regards
Ren�

0
rfa (6)

Hi
is Mail2 the new Exchange 2007 server or the old X2K server?

if its the old one, it should not be possible that the X2K server is a
source server because source servers must be from the same routing group and
it is not allowed the X2k7 and X2K or X2K3 servers are in the same routing
group. (although it is possible to do so).

If it is the other way around and your Mail2 server is the X2K7 server but
the server object is in the X2K routing group it is also not allowed. Move
the server back to the X2K7 routing group.

If you want more help, please provide more info.

Henry

"r.falken" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know what this error message is meaning : "Source server
> 'MAIL2' is not from the connector's source routing group."
>
> The funning this is that when i press the add button this is the only
> server that is displayed.
>
> I'm running in co-existens with e2k and now i have move all mail from
> that server and want to shut i down for the last time.. But i cannot
> remove it from the Send Connector...
>
> Kind Regards
> René

0
Henry1 (156)
4/3/2007 4:42:06 PM
Hello Henry,

Its the "other way" scenario , Does this mean that on my e2k box i
remove the Remote Bridgehead server in the newly created routing group
where e2k7 has created the e2k has bridgehead ?

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 09:42:06 -0700, Henry
<Henry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi
>is Mail2 the new Exchange 2007 server or the old X2K server?
>
>if its the old one, it should not be possible that the X2K server is a
>source server because source servers must be from the same routing group and
>it is not allowed the X2k7 and X2K or X2K3 servers are in the same routing
>group. (although it is possible to do so).
>

>If it is the other way around and your Mail2 server is the X2K7 server but
>the server object is in the X2K routing group it is also not allowed. Move
>the server back to the X2K7 routing group.
>
>If you want more help, please provide more info.
>

>Henry
>

>"r.falken" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Does anyone know what this error message is meaning : "Source server
>> 'MAIL2' is not from the connector's source routing group."
>>
>> The funning this is that when i press the add button this is the only
>> server that is displayed.
>>
>> I'm running in co-existens with e2k and now i have move all mail from
>> that server and want to shut i down for the last time.. But i cannot
>> remove it from the Send Connector...
>>
>> Kind Regards
>> Ren�

0
rfa (6)
4/4/2007 12:29:08 PM
Hi
sorry, I am not realy sure what you mean, so I try to give you a picture.

when you install a X2K7 server a new admin group is created. within this
admin group a new routing group is also created. the X2K7 server must be in
that routing group.

your X2K server has to be in the X2K admin Group and the routing group that
is nested within the X2K admin group.

then you have to create a routing group connector using the
new-routinggroupconnector cmdlet. that is the only way routing between X2K
and X2K7 will work.

In your case, if you are not sure and if you can do it, I would uninstall
the hub transport role from the X2K7 and start from scratch.

Henry

"r.falken" wrote:

> Hello Henry,
>
> Its the "other way" scenario , Does this mean that on my e2k box i
> remove the Remote Bridgehead server in the newly created routing group
> where e2k7 has created the e2k has bridgehead ?
>

> On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 09:42:06 -0700, Henry
> <Henry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >is Mail2 the new Exchange 2007 server or the old X2K server?
> >
> >if its the old one, it should not be possible that the X2K server is a
> >source server because source servers must be from the same routing group and
> >it is not allowed the X2k7 and X2K or X2K3 servers are in the same routing
> >group. (although it is possible to do so).
> >

> >If it is the other way around and your Mail2 server is the X2K7 server but
> >the server object is in the X2K routing group it is also not allowed. Move
> >the server back to the X2K7 routing group.
> >
> >If you want more help, please provide more info.
> >

> >Henry
> >

> >"r.falken" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> Does anyone know what this error message is meaning : "Source server
> >> 'MAIL2' is not from the connector's source routing group."
> >>
> >> The funning this is that when i press the add button this is the only
> >> server that is displayed.
> >>
> >> I'm running in co-existens with e2k and now i have move all mail from
> >> that server and want to shut i down for the last time.. But i cannot
> >> remove it from the Send Connector...
> >>
> >> Kind Regards
> >> René

0
Henry1 (156)

when I send an email it automaticatly sends it as an attachment
When I send an email outlook 2003 sends it out as an attachment and then it is rejected by the web site that I am sending it to. "panderson" <panderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:197A3A68-16C3-4F8C-9D71-9EF6F383ADA8@microsoft.com... > When I send an email outlook 2003 sends it out as an attachment and then > it > is rejected by the web site that I am sending it to. Stop using Rich-Text Format. Use plain-text or HTML format. Web sites don't accept e-mails. Mail servers accept e-mails. -- ______________________________________________...

how to send an email from microsoft outlook
I am very new with computers i need some advise on how to send an email in which i had never sent an email ever If you have defined a mail account for Outlook to use, simply open Outlook and click on New > Mail Message. You may also see a New Mail Message icon on your toolbar. What it looks like depends on what version of Outlook you're using. If you have not defined/created a mail profile for Outlook, read the instructions here: http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm "regarding email" <regarding email@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Sending report to desktop
I am creating account transaction report Money 2002)and sending it to desktop. Nothing happens. I am trying to convert data to use with Quicken 2004 and without this I can not do it. There is no help from Intuit. Does any one know why I am unable to send teh report file to desktop as an .xml? ...

can money send payments to checkfree instead of a bank?
I am wondering if money can be configured to send epays to checkfree electronic bill pay service instead of sending them to a bank? Please reply to ralph.bachmann@gmail.com Thank you, Ralph I know it works with MSN Billpay, but in Money Plus, and I think it is = the same for previous versions, you can choose checkfree if you are an = existing user. Go to banking: manage online services; go down to Billpay and = click on view list of providers that work with Microsoft Money. "bachmannrl" <Ralph.Bachmann@gmail.com> wrote in message=20 news:93dd88a2-9cc6-4429-a3c0-e91d10d1cee...

send
lately some of my email receipiants have complained that they receive multiple copies of email from me. I noticed last night that when I send email, with the status box open it shows 4 sending and receiving each time that i send an email, the receiver gets 4 emails, anybody got any ideas???? John >I noticed last night that when I send email, with the >status box open it shows 4 sending and receiving each time >that i send an email, the receiver gets 4 emails, How many accounts do you have defined? What version of Outlook are you running? -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 32...

erratic Send as...
Hi, we have a particular user who can use "Send As" when sending to the internal emails and even to some external emails but on others no luck. Any Ideas? He has access on the mailbox, send on behalf and send as in the sec permissions. Very strange... Nich What is the actual error the user gets? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Nich" <nickaquilina@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O7FEOFjmEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > we have a particular user who can use "Send As&...

Sending graphical email in quick campaign
Many of our marketing quick campaigns are for sending out invites to events. These events are setup with a jpg and is graphical. How do we include these pictures and graphics into a email quick campaign? You can embed images provided they are externally facing on the internet (CRM embeds the 'link' to them, so they are rendered when viewed by the receipient). For more advanced/other options, check out ExactTarget. -- Fortis www.webfortis.com "Luvsql" wrote: > Many of our marketing quick campaigns are for sending out invites to events. > These events are s...

Sending issues
Hi I administer Exchange 2003 Server. few days ago on of the user reported problem with sending to one particular e-mail address. This person can send and receive normally apart of sending to this one e-mail address. Could you help me finding reason for this problem? Regards D. that's it: -----Original Message----- From: MAILER-DAEMON@messagelabs.com [mailto:MAILER-DAEMON@messagelabs.com] Sent: 18 April 2006 16:45 To: Shelley O'Hara Subject: failure notice This is the mail delivery agent at messagelabs.com. I was not able to deliver your message to the following addresse...

E2K7 Journal question
Anyone know a good way to journal for all users except one in E2K7? I was thinking about a Dynamic List that knew enough to add all users except the one but am not sure if that would even work. Any ideas? Thanks, Dan Yes, that should work. Tested in response to a previous question not too long ago. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33B47507-2DD4-4A0C-AE69-13F1B7D35056@microsoft.com... > Anyone know a good...

Error Sending Email
ON Windows 2003 Server I have also installed Email Router on our Exchange Server, But now i get this error, everyone has this error about sending email, �s there any solution for this? Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 18.11.2003 Time: 17:15:23 User: N/A Computer: DBCRM Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------- Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An error occurred attempting to dispat...

e2k7 send connector
Hello, Does anyone know what this error message is meaning : "Source server 'MAIL2' is not from the connector's source routing group." The funning this is that when i press the add button this is the only server that is displayed. I'm running in co-existens with e2k and now i have move all mail from that server and want to shut i down for the last time.. But i cannot remove it from the Send Connector... Kind Regards Ren� Hi is Mail2 the new Exchange 2007 server or the old X2K server? if its the old one, it should not be possible that the X2K server is a source...

sending mail between exchange servers
Dear All > > I have setup two exchange servers 2003 become Master and Member in a > domain active directory. (We can view from Administrative Groups -> > First Administrative Group -> Routing Groups -> Member). The problem > is, user from master server cannot send email to user in member server > and the same thing problem to the other way around. > > > I've setup Master exchange server become Internet Mail SMTP Connector > , to send and receive email to the internet. or anywhere can I refer > for Administrating Exchange 2003? > >...

Put the GD "send" button back how do you send the GD mail?
how do you send friggin email? where is the daym Send !!!!! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=129961bc-2dc6-44c0-b388-a3a62e527f05&dg=microsoft.public.outlook Calm down! The send bu...

How to send images to other Windows
Hi All OnDraw(CDC *pDC) is used to draw any image on view window. CDC is device context for this window. Can we draw same image on other window which are not part of our program. Say My program name is MyProg(SDI) and there is another program OtherProg(SDI) which is running on background or foreground. Then can i send any image or text from MyProg to OtherProg view window. Waiting Thanks I dont know what you mean by sending the image. YOu can share data thru custom messages or using COM thru an object model. There are probably other ways as well. If you know what the ima...

Sending external mail
Dears, Please I have a question releted to prevent one of my exchange users from sending mails to external domains? Many thanks for any help. Regards, Ala see this: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF025.html -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "ala" <ala@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E18DFF7-8CA6-41DA-B139-E7545342DE80@microsoft.com... > Dears, > Please I have a question releted to prevent one of my exchange users from > sending mails to external domains? > Many thanks for any help. > Regards, > Ala ...

What Is the Term for Sending Messages to a List, but Recipent Only Sees His/her Address
In the past I've been able to send a message to a number of recipients, but each recipient received the message with only his address displayed. The term is not "batch", but I can't remember what it is. I have the instructions saved, but can't find them, not knowing the term. Thanks, Dennis BCC (blind carbon copy) or Mail Merge might be what you're looking for? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Dennis Hughes" wrote: &...

Outlook 2003 not sending emails for one account #3
Hi All, I have two accounts setup under outlook 2003 which i just started using on a brand new dell computer. My sbcglobal Home account works fine but Work account will not send emails. I receive this error message: "Task 'Work - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).', "when trying to check my email. Also, if I use the test settings buttons under the account setup screen, I ge...

Help I can receive but not send
Hi, I've been trying to sort out my email for days and, having managed to send once, I just can't seem to make it happen anymore. I get the following message : Task 'mail.uniquecharm.co.uk - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: ?30 authentication required - "Your email could not be sent. To fix this you must make a simple change to your email (known as SMTP authentication). For advice visit www.btyahoo.com/smtp"' ...

can't recieve emails but will send sugestions please
Need to find out how to cure this problem Check your account server properties to see if you have it set to authenticate. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Mark asked: | Need to find out how to cure this problem ...

SEND TO:
When i right click on a file and choose send to, i want to email using my outlook, not MSNs program. When i choose mail recipient in the Send To it goes to MSN not outlook. Any help? Mark It sounds like Outlook isn't your default email program. Open up Internet Explorer, From the Tools menu, choose Internet Options. Click the Programs tab and make Outlook the default email program. That should help. Doreen "Dr. Mark W. Lee" <Bac-Doc@msn.com> wrote in message news:u$mK$VAGEHA.1128@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > When i right click on a file and choose send to, i wa...

"medium" availability E2K7?
Hello, I'll have a setup with 2 exchange 2007 server standard on win2003 standard, customer ants high availability without clustering. essentially, by "high" he want to be able to get out of a pinch relatively fast whilst the server is repaired. i'm trying this on a lab, installed 2 full servers with mailbox, client and hub transport. the thing is, if one server falls, can i restore it's IS to the other and redirect all clients to the 2nd server? also, both server will be active/active, how do i manage mail flow if only 1 server is pointed by the firewall(i.e. mai...

Can Send mails but don't receive
I Can send mails, but I can't receive any! And all my settings are right.. What can be the problem? Thanks Receiving is the easy part. 1. Perhaps you have no email messages to receive. Are you also receiving the messages on another computer? 2. Perhaps you have a typo in the settings. 3. Do you get an error message? If so, right-click on it, select Copy, then Paste it into a reply. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "Matts" wrote in message news:8ADDAA49-4801-4282-BBA7-4A7A513021BF@microsoft.com... I Can ...

x400 connector
We run Exchange 5.5 with a single site. It's my understanding that you don't need the x400 connector for inter-office email. We had an issue lately where a distribution group "stopped working". Emails sent to the group came back as undeliverable - I'm referring to inter-office email. One of the techs noticed it didn't have an x400 address, added one, and it started working again. Can anyone explain this? It doesn't make sense to me. thanks Please read the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article. 155104 "The X.400 addresses in Microsoft Exchange shou...

Cannot send POP3 mail...
Have setup up users with POP3 email accounts in Outlook Express 6 and Outlook 2003. Users can login to Exchange 2003 server with an internet connection and read email. Pop3 users can send email to recipients on local domain network, where pop user has domain account. Problem is when the Pop user logs in on over internet and attempts to send email to an external recipient. An error message comes back to pop user that recipient was rejected by SMTP server, with 0x800CCC79 as the hex id. Done a lot of research and have seen that firewall and ISP email filtering usually generate that par...

SMTP connector disappears
I've noticed that once in awhile one of our SMTP connectors will disappear from System Manager only to reappear later on. Fairly new to Exchange 2003 and wondering if this is normal behavior. Are connectors somehow dynamic now or is this indicative of a problem? Tx, M Hello: Some of the queues are dynamic, but the connector itself should not be. Not sure if it would fix the problem, but do you have SP1 installed? Regards, Martin MCSA: M "Mamba" <mamba@mambaville.com> wrote in message news:1107358850.027155.217950@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > I've noticed...