e2k3 users cannot see e5.5 org form library

Hello guys,

I have all e2k3 users who cannot see the org form library homed on e5.5
servers. all e5.5 users can view the org form library.

Here is the setup:
mixed-mode exchange 5.5 org, with 1 site on e5.5 and 1 mixed-mode site with
1 e2k3 server and 1 e5.5 server.

e5.5 users in site 1 can use the org form library, no problem.
e5.5 users in site2 can use the org form library, no problem.
e2k3 users in site2 can NOT see the org form library.

The org form library folder homed in site1 is replicated to site2 on both
the e5.5 and e2k3 servers.

Access to all other public folders are working without any problem (whether
homed in Site1 or Site2 for all e5.5 and e2k3 users)

e2k3 is SP1, e5.5 are SP4 (no post-SP4 rollup and subsequent
hotfixes...yet...)
Do you have any ideas on what's wrong?

Thank you,

0
breiza (5)

Combo Box autopopulate two fields in Form
I want my combo box to autopopulate two fields in form. Is that possible? Sure! Set up your combobox using the wizard and include the fields you need, from Left-to-Right. If in the Combobox they appear as Field1 Field2 Field3 then the code would be Private Sub YourComboBoxName_AfterUpdate() Me.txtField1 = Me.YourComboBoxName.Column(0) Me.txtField2 = Me.YourComboBoxName.Column(1) Me.txtField3= Me.YourComboBoxName.Column(2) End Sub Notice that the column index is zero based. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based ...

E2K3 Forestprep question
Hello, I'm preparing to start my "swing" migration from E2K to E2K3. Because students will be back in a week, I'd like to get the ForestPrep/Domainprep steps done now, even though I won't be starting the actual migration (first E2K3 server install) for about a month. In reading what I can find on the E2K to E2K3 migration it appears that running ForestPrep and DomainPrep in my site won't cause me any problems except that ForestPrep will lock down Top level PF creation (which is already locked down) and likely remove the permissions I have added for 'backup...

Disable certain fields depending upon the user role
Hello, I'd like to disable fields & buttons depending the role the user belongs to i.e. fields would still be visible but they won't be editable by certain users. Is it possible? Can it be done without creating a totally new form and by editing one of the existing forms? Microsoft CRM 1.2 does not support field level security. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Ambuj" <Ambuj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB94745B-BC61-46E3-A40D-0EDE09EA3452@microsoft.com... &g...

Object Library
I have written a macro in Excel 2002/XP which uses different MS Object Libraries (Excel, Office & PowerPoint) and it works fine. When I save the file in Excel 2003 the references get changed automatically to version 11 and the file works but when I open the file in Excel 2002 again the Object Library for PowerPoint stays on version 11 all others swiches back to version 10. This produces errors (Missing Object Library). Does anyone have a clue why this Object Library doesn't swich back? Thanks in advance GoTTi You are better off to use late binding. (Bind to the library at run...

User Form Display Question
My problem is that the User Form is to big to fit on the Screen. It works good on 1 Computer, but when I use A computer with a smaller Screen it becomes way to big. When that happens 30% of the Form is cut off. Is there a code that I can run on UserForm_Initialize that will size it for the Screen. It would be nice if it would size according to the Display settings. I found this code here in the forumn but I can't get it to work. Sub size_form_and_controls() Dim start_height As Long Dim start_width As Long Dim new_height As Long Dim new_width As Long Dim height_ratio...

Global selection of modified forms
Guys: I have a lot of modifed forms in my test GP version 10 install. When I go to Tools-->Setup-->System-->Alternate/Modified Forms and Reports and choose Windows, I notice that for each modified window the system has the original window selected and not the modifed one. I would like each of the modifed windows selected and I was wndering if it could be done with a script. If the answer is yes, which table(s) do I need to update. Thanks. -- Norman Hi Norman The 3 tables that hold the Modified forms and reports structure are: Sy09200 - MOD form and report group master SY...

No Exchange Tasks in Active Directory Users and Computers
Hi I have just installed Exchange 2000 SP2 on a Win 2K system. Install seemed to go fine, AD Schema has been modified, Exchange seems to be running. However... When I go to AD users to create a new mailbox enabled user, there is no Exchage Tasks Wizard. There are no Exchange related tasks at all that I can see. If I right click a user, no Exchange related tasks in the menu, and if I look at the user properties, there are no Exchange related tabs. As this is a test setup, Exchange is actually installed on the test Domain Controller. I tried unistalling and re-installing ESM, and no joy - st...

E2K3: System Manager Public Folder Admin authentication dialogues
I am in the process of moving from an Exchange 2000 server to 2003. The 2003 server is up and running and part of my clients are on the new box. I used the PFMigrate tool to add replicas of the eixsting E2K public folders to the E2K3 server and it's working great. However, when I go to adminster the public folders (for replication settings, etc) in System Manager on the E2K3 server, it prompts me for authentication on each and every subfolder :-( My authentication is valid and works - but it always prompts me for it. If I Choose "Connect to:" and select the E2K server ins...

Description Lookup ( binding a form? )
In my database ( Which is used for inventory and work orders etc.. ) I have a form that the employees use to check out parts ( form name "WOCheckOut" ) which puts the checked out items into table "Work Order Check Out". I have the main Inventory table ( Table name "TblAcq" ) that has part numbers and descriptions etc that is added to as inventory comes in. What I am trying to do is when an Employee checks out a part ( by part number ) a description in the form auto fills out using the description from the TblsAcq table. On the form in "Part Numbe...

No more BadMail after applying E2K3 SP1?
After applying Exchange 2003 SP1 to one of our gateway servers, I observe 24 hours later that there are no messages in BadMail. Not usually something I'd complain about, but it is unusual. Prior to applying the service pack, I cleaned up this directory. There were almost half million entries there, testimony to the fact that we ordinarily get a thousand BadMail entries a day typically. The directory was so large that I had to use command line del *.* to accomplish the task. The directory itself appears to be fine and I can create files there without problem. The server is routing message...

missing emails to user
Exchange 2003 WIndows 2003 GFI mail essentials trend server protect I have a user that does not receive any emails from certain external users.THe same email is sent to me and i can recieve it. There is no attachments and the emails are not in the spam filter. THere are no rules setup in outlook that could be blocking or moved. Are there any tools to troubleshoot this type of problem. thanks in advance needhelp Do you have IMF installed for Exchange 2003? "needhelpplease" <sumdom2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1124119279.320549.110930@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com....

How to send user defined Message and Handle it
Hi I am new to VC++ MFC Prog. I want to know how I can define my own Message and use it I want to call a function using sendMessage,process this function and get the result Specifically I want to send a CString object to the current dialog's window the message should be handle by the dialogbox function and entire string should be converted in UPPERCASE Hi, "muktang@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi I am new to VC++ MFC Prog. > I want to know how I can define my own Message and use it > I want to call a function using sendMessage,process this function and > get the result ...

Refreshing a field, not an entire form
Hello - I have a form with several required fields. I want to be able to refresh the data in one dropdown field on GotFocus, based on the data in another dropdown field. DD Field 1 is called categories Cat_ID Category 1 Accommodation 2 Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing 3 Animals and Pets DD Field 2 is called Sub-Categories CatID Sub Category 1 Bed and Breakfast 1 Camping and Caravans 1 Hostels the row source for the Sub-Categories field is: SELECT SubCategories.[Sub Category], SubCategories.CatID FROM Categories INNER JOIN SubCategories ON Categories.Cat_ID = SubCategories.CatID WHE...

PFMigrate error when attempting to migrate PF from 5.5 to E2k3
All, When we run PFMigrate from our Exchange 2003 server we get an error right away saying: Invalid Paramater '<servername>' The server name does have a dash in it like this: it-server-name any help would be great!! fasteddie After following syntax EXACTLY we got it to work... thanks, Fasteddie "FastEddie" <fasteddie[a]therockwells[dot]net[dot]no[dot]spam> wrote in message news:OjyqXCwAFHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > All, > > When we run PFMigrate from our Exchange 2003 server we get an error right > away saying: > > Invalid Par...

Can 'sa' see all the SmartList definitions?
If someone creates a SmartList and makes it accessible only to their UserID, can 'sa' still see it? If not, is there any way to get a list of all the "personal" SmartLists that may exist in the system? -- GP 9.0, SP1 You should be able to see all custom smartlists through Smartlist builder. Smartlist security does not by default make all smartlists available to sa, you must manually grant access. "Bud" wrote: > If someone creates a SmartList and makes it accessible only to their UserID, > can 'sa' still see it? If not, is there any way t...

Sending emails to a CRM user when case is assigned.
Does anybody have any suggestions as to the best way that when a Case is Assigned to a CRM user, to have a Workflow email sent to the CRM user and not the Owner - which in this case is an Account. I am unfamiliar with anything prior to CRM 4.0, but in 4.0 workflow, 1) Create new workflow on the Case entity 2) set it to Start When: Record is Assigned 3) add step to create email 4) set email property "To" field to be the owner of the case, which is now who was assigned to the case 5) fill in the remainder of the email fields I tested this on my system and it works without any...

Recipient Update Service not updating new users
Every once and a while my RUS will not add new users that I create to the global address list. It will work fine for several weeks or months and then stop. I try the update now option but the user is still not added. The only way that I can get them added is to reboot the server. Has anybody encounterd this also? Is this a configuration problem or is there a fix available? THanks. Hi, "Elbryyan" <Elbryyan@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9E0D3D38-AEA8-46E2-BB8D-C54D5C8AA548@microsoft.com... > Every once and a while my RUS will not add new u...

One User Receiving All Emails
Hi All, We have SBS2003 server. Most users receive mail addressed to them but one user receive copies of all incoming internet emails. We are using the POP3 connector and have track the problem down to routing after switching on max events. I have deleted connection and add it again but the old routing info still remains. How do I remove routing info from the POP connector or failing that, how do I delete the connector all together and reinstall? Thank for any help you can give. Regards Ev You would better ask in SBS groups - they at least know that POP3 connector. Ev wrote: >...

Managing E2K3 from my workstation
Hi, I know that I can manage our Exchange Server 2003 from my XP Pro client. Where can I get the necessary tools for this? -- Thanks, Sam Install Exchange System Manager from the Exchange CD "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3982475B-22B0-4F25-ABF8-A142D9570661@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I know that I can manage our Exchange Server 2003 from my XP Pro client. > Where can I get the necessary tools for this? > -- > Thanks, > > Sam You might also want to check on this link. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815529/en-us...

can there not be mutiple users on outlook?
I am logged in on my name but when I try to send email from outlook (trying to figure out how to use it) it says its coming from my husbands email? Create separate "Identities" - check help. "AprilWhitney" <AprilWhitney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:277424BA-ED85-4350-A7DF-A34E1D8D9382@microsoft.com... >I am logged in on my name but when I try to send email from outlook (trying > to figure out how to use it) it says its coming from my husbands email? Outlook does not use Identities, it uses profiles, depending on the version and mode,...

Cancel form close
I have a modal window, I have 2 buttons a cancel button which disregards and input and closes the window without saveing. The second button is a close button which saves the information entered and then closes. I have some input verification done n a field on the form, if this field is null i popup a dialog box telling the user to select a value, so the value cannot be blank or null, My problem is I canceled the close in the unload event if the value does'nt meet the requirements but the cancel button is also canceling the close. How do I ignore the check if cancel is pressed. ...

InfoPath Forms Services not see RemoteApp file associations
I have a MOSS2007/InfoPath Forms Services with a Form Library. The form library is configured Opening browser-enabled documents as "Open in the client application". Works as expected when InfoPath 2007 is installed on the local client. When a RemoteApp (Server 2008 R2) version of InfoPath 2007 is configured on a client, I get an error indicatiing the client app must be installed or a web form must be enabled. The RemoteApp (Server 2008 R2) version of InfoPath 2007 works fine on the client when opening a local .xsn file, or when access file via the network (UNC ...

Incoming email is being rejected (5.7.1)
This is windows 2003 sp1 and exchange 2003 sp1, nothing has been changed on the server for the past two weeks. It seemed like this just started to happen since over the weekend. Any suggestions? Eric Sabo I am getting the following: #5.5.0 smtp;550 You are not allowed to send mail:sv10pub.verizon.net "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message news:uLH2dN9TFHA.2472@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > This is windows 2003 sp1 and exchange 2003 sp1, nothing has been changed > on the server for the past two weeks. It seemed like this just started &g...

Delete a user
How can I delete a user once all records have been re-assigned and all licenses and security roles removed? You can't remove users. ...

Combo Box on Forms
Hi, I am using a combo box on a form that has several items w/ one being Other. If the user selects other I want them to be able to input what they want so that it will go into the table instead of just the "Other". I just am not really sure on how to do that. Can you help? Thanks, Jaime In design view click on VIEW - Properties and the the combo. Then change Limit To List to No. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "jseger22@yahoo.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I am using a combo box on a form that has several items w/ one being > Other. If the use...