E2K3: System Manager Public Folder Admin authentication dialogues

I am in the process of moving from an Exchange 2000 server to 2003.

The 2003 server is up and running and part of my clients are on the new box.
I used the PFMigrate tool to add replicas of the eixsting E2K public folders
to the E2K3 server and it's working great.

However, when I go to adminster the public folders (for replication
settings, etc) in System Manager on the E2K3 server, it prompts me for
authentication on each and every subfolder :-( My authentication is valid and
works - but it always prompts me for it.

If I Choose "Connect to:" and select the E2K server instead, I can navigate
freely through those folders even though I am administering them from the
system manager on the E2K3 server.  But if I am connected to the E2K3
server's view, it gives the authentication nightmare :-)

Security looks identical (as I'd expect). Is this some sort of registry
setting or something else set on the E2K3 level at a store level or something
I'm missing?

Thanks!

 - Ken Johnson

Adding Calendar to Favorites Folders
In Outlook 2003 when the Mail navigation pane is selected, how can I ad Calendar and Contacts to the Favorites Folders? Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Help with opening Deployment Manager
I completed an installation (following the directions in the IG) with no errors. However, when I try to open the deployment manager, I get the following: MMC - The selected snap-in did not initialize properly. anyone, an idea on this? tkc Teri, Did you add a license to your admin user via the web client? Matt "teri chambers" <wolf2210@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:097d01c368d4$033cfd70$a001280a@phx.gbl... I completed an installation (following the directions in the IG) with no errors. However, when I try to open the deployment manager, I get the following...

CRM Created mail is put to draft folder
I have a user where mail created using the CRM Email button in the SFO client for some reason drops a copy of the message into the drafts folder. Normal CRM function does not maintain a copy in ANY Outlook folder, so this copy left in DRAFTS is most perplexing. Has anyone have a solution for correcting this issue? User has send the mail. Mail is received. Mail is in the CRM system. Mail is in the draft folder? Thanks in advance Pieter Versteijnen Hi Peter, Outlook is set to automatically save unsent messages in the Draft folder every 3 minutes by default. Once a Microsoft CRM email is sav...

Where i can download Exchange 2000 System Management Tools
Hi Everyone, I am trying to download Exchange 2000 System Management Tools from microsoft website but i could not find it. I want to install it on Windows XP Pro. I want to get CDOEXM installed on my WinXP Pro box. Is there any other way to install it other than installing Exchange 2000 System Management Tools ??? Thanks! From your exchange 2000 server CD. Run setup, and select mgmt tools. "killbill" <indus.vision@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1161208935.539459.191790@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi Everyone, > > I am trying to download Exchange 2000 Sys...

E2K3 Forestprep question
Hello, I'm preparing to start my "swing" migration from E2K to E2K3. Because students will be back in a week, I'd like to get the ForestPrep/Domainprep steps done now, even though I won't be starting the actual migration (first E2K3 server install) for about a month. In reading what I can find on the E2K to E2K3 migration it appears that running ForestPrep and DomainPrep in my site won't cause me any problems except that ForestPrep will lock down Top level PF creation (which is already locked down) and likely remove the permissions I have added for 'backup...

Setting default date system to 1900 versus 1904
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I work in a large corporation that uses excel 100 times a day. My issue is that most of the files we work with are created on Win platform which defaults to the 1900 date system. When I create on the Mac, it defaults to the 1904 date system. I realize I can change the date format in preferences on an individual basis but is there anyway to set the default to 1900 versus me having to remember to go to preferences every time on each individual sheet? Thx On 3/4/09 9:22 AM, in article 59b6e6ef.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,...

Problem creating first public folder #2
I have SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 installed. I have problem when trying to create the first public folder. I get an error message with the ID n. ID no: 80040E19 Can anyone help me with that ? Thanks ...

CRM4 System Job associated view (Workflow not showing from entitie
Hi, Wondering if anyone would have similar experience with "System Job associated view" showing no records? For example: if I create a workflow under "Account", workflow name: On create update Country and it check if Country is blank, if yes, then update field to be "Australia". Now I create a new Account, the workflow runs, I can see the workflow from Settings - System Job, but I can see the workflow system job from the newly created Account record. Any idea? SW ...

System.mdw Not Found Problem
I am using Windows 7 and Office 2007. A little program that I have won't start because it says "system.mdw not found". It did work before upgrading from Vista to Windows 7. I definitely do not want to go back to Vista! I did a search and don't have this on my computer. Where can I get it so that I can use the program? Pat If you did a regular upgrade from Vista x64 to Win 7 x64 you probably need to re-install Office 2007. There are lots of posts in the Win 7 Technet forum about multiple problems after upgrading from Vista to Win 7 and the usual reco...

Can not see a particular sub folder under public
Hi, We use exchange 2003 with outlook 2003 client When I use outlook 2003 client, I can see all public folders except 1 sub folder, when I login thru OWA, I can see that folder also. I made sure all the permission are there, and besides I have all administrative rights in exchnage and AD Any idea? Thanks MC Public Folders will read the LOGGED in account for permissions. Are you logged into the machine with the same entity as the account that is the owner? example: My Active directory account called AdminNikki is owner of all my public folders. But if I log into my machine as NikkiTes...

Business Contacts Manager
I'm using Windows SBS 2003 and Outlook 2003 on a domain of about 10 computers and a server (running Exchange 2003). I want to create a centralized contacts database through Outlook that all clients can see, access, and modify. Also, I'd like to integrate this with Windows Fax (the server also is a Fax Server - part of SBS 2003). How would I go about doing this? Thanks! Yaron For the centralized Contacts Database, use an Outlook Public Folder. For the fax problem, I will defer to the Fax Doctor. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the d...

Grant Management
Hello, we are a university installing GP v 9.0. We grant each of our professors a specified amount at the beginning of each fiscal year that they can spend at their discretion throughout the year for their professional development. If they do not spend the full amount, it can be carried forward for three years. Does anyone have suggestions for the best way to use Grant Management to track this spending? Do we need a separate Trx Dimension code (in AA) and Grant ID (in Grant Management) for each year? Thanks. Kylie, I would suggest not using the Grant Management Module because it i...

Equivalent of mailbox manager in 2K7?
If I want something to run at the server level and delete mail from a certain mailbox (I used to use mailbox manager in 2k3) how would I do it in 2K7? Am I missing where the mailbox manager was placed? Thanks, Dan On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 11:08:04 -0700, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If I want something to run at the server level and delete mail from a certain >mailbox (I used to use mailbox manager in 2k3) how would I do it in 2K7? Am >I missing where the mailbox manager was placed? >Thanks, >Dan http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/11/21/431608.aspx M...

System path
I've added to the system PATH variable my folder which contains one dll, but when I call that dll Windows can't find it. If I copy my dll in Windows\System32 folder, everything works OK. What I should do? Are you positive that the PATH env variable was added to correctly? Did you add to the end of it? If so, try adding your path to the beginning of it and see what happens. "Jan Plastenjak" <none@ms.com> wrote in message news:u2tOWfc2DHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > > I've added to the system PATH variable my folder which contains one dll, >...

PFMigrate error when attempting to migrate PF from 5.5 to E2k3
All, When we run PFMigrate from our Exchange 2003 server we get an error right away saying: Invalid Paramater '<servername>' The server name does have a dash in it like this: it-server-name any help would be great!! fasteddie After following syntax EXACTLY we got it to work... thanks, Fasteddie "FastEddie" <fasteddie[a]therockwells[dot]net[dot]no[dot]spam> wrote in message news:OjyqXCwAFHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > All, > > When we run PFMigrate from our Exchange 2003 server we get an error right > away saying: > > Invalid Par...

Public Folder Issues
I am still in a mixed mode environment with Ex5.5 and Ek23. I used pfmigrate to replicate public folders from 5.5 to 2003 last week. Everything was fine until this morning. None of the users whose mail file is located on 2003 can see one of the public folders even though it does show in ESM. Users still on the 5.5 server see the folder just fine. The permissions on the folder is the same on both servers. Looking for ideas on what to look for given that the folder does appear in ESM but not for the Outlook clients pointing to 2003. All of the other public folders display properly....

Search Folders for Tasks
Is it possible to create a search folder that searches tasks instead of messages? If so, how? Jacob You'd have to do that using code. The search folder creation user interface only supports creation of search folders for messages. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007. Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options. http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "Jake" <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47447A09-747D-4058-8121-C755FED7122F@microsoft.com... >...

Changing Measurement System
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel About 50% of my work is with clients in the USA using 8.5x11 paper and inches for measurements. The rest is with clients outside the USA where I use A4 paper and metric measures. At present, when I go back and forth between the two types, I have to change my preferences. <br><br>Is there any way to associates measurements with a document? As far as I know (and my experience working with both 8.5x11 and A4 projects) measurements is a property of your Word setup and controlled in Preferences. It...

Keep track of items in the "For Follow Up" folder in the Mail wind
Does anyone know if there is a setting for the "For Follow Up" folder in Outlook's Mail window, so that when [a] I delete an item from that window, or [b] click in the column on the right (to indicate that the item has been completed?? and that it should disappear from the window??) . . . there would be some way of keeping track of what I did (e.g., deleting the item or indicating that it was done, and when I deleted it, or indicated that it was completed)? In other words, I'd like to have a sort of database that keeps track of what I did with those items. Any...

Find Folder Names
Hi To find a list of files within a folder no problem, but I am stuck trying to find all folder names within a folder In folder Music I have 900 folders of the artists name I want to loop through each folder to check the data created. Can you help please? Post the code you are using to find files at the moment because there should be little difference between finding files and finding folders. The best way to find files is to use the FindFirst, FindNext and FindClose triplet of APIs, this returns files & folders and all you need to do is test their attributes to work out wh...

Outlook 2003
If I right click my hotmail folder's Junk Email folder and select empty, it clears down the list of emails shown within that folder, though on the next Send/Recv cycle, the list reappears. I don't think that Empty actually works. Is this bug going to be fixed ? Steve are you connecting to hotmail using HTTP or the outlook connector? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Message larger than system limit or mailbox is full
One our users had a problem where someone was trying to email him a 12MB zip file, but the email got bounced back to the sender with: This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and try sending it again. Our receive message size is set to a maximum of 20,000KB (i.e. 20MB), and there are no limits set on the user's mailbox. Are there any other limits that I might be missing somewhere? The exchange logs indicate that the message came in and a NDR was sent out. The appli...

how can i insert a holegrame inmy publication
holegrame? if it's an image insert it like any other image...except if you mean "hologram" I kinda doubt you can make it work. As good as inkjet printers are, production of 'holegrames' is presently beyond their capabilities.. "marcus" <marcus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:565097FC-9AC4-404F-A95D-395ADF21ED85@microsoft.com... > Where would you get a hologram? If you mean those shiny pictures that change when you look at them from different angles and look sort of 3D (like they put on a driver's license somewhe...

E2K3: System Manager Public Folder Admin authentication dialogues
I am in the process of moving from an Exchange 2000 server to 2003. The 2003 server is up and running and part of my clients are on the new box. I used the PFMigrate tool to add replicas of the eixsting E2K public folders to the E2K3 server and it's working great. However, when I go to adminster the public folders (for replication settings, etc) in System Manager on the E2K3 server, it prompts me for authentication on each and every subfolder :-( My authentication is valid and works - but it always prompts me for it. If I Choose "Connect to:" and select the E2K server ins...

No more BadMail after applying E2K3 SP1?
After applying Exchange 2003 SP1 to one of our gateway servers, I observe 24 hours later that there are no messages in BadMail. Not usually something I'd complain about, but it is unusual. Prior to applying the service pack, I cleaned up this directory. There were almost half million entries there, testimony to the fact that we ordinarily get a thousand BadMail entries a day typically. The directory was so large that I had to use command line del *.* to accomplish the task. The directory itself appears to be fine and I can create files there without problem. The server is routing message...