E2K3, Recovery Storage Group and BrightStor ArcServe Backup 11

Hi all.

I'm sorry for a littlt cind of offtopic but I couldn't find any information
from CA knowledge base.
So I have a short question.

Does anybody know if BrightStor ArcServe Release 11 (and it's Agent for
Exchange) supports "Recovery Storage Group" option of Exchange 2003 ?

I tried to make a test restore using Recovery Storage Group in my Testlab.
After adding Recovery Storage Group om E2K3 server and configuring it I see
this storage group in ArcServe's sources in backup job. But when I'm trying
to restore the mailbox store backed up beforehand, I can't expand
"Information Store" in destination tab. And of course, if I'm still trying
to restore the mailbox store, specifying "Information Store" as a
destination, I'm receiving an error with "Make sure that store is
dismounted" reason.

It was an explanation, but the question is still: "Does BrightStor ArcServe
Release 11 support Recovery Storage Group option of E2K3 ?"

May be somebody has the desired experience?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Oleg  Iliukhin

0
hmm1 (1)

Exchange recovery #4
Is there any way that anyone knows on how to restore Exchange 2000 from backup tapes without knowing the way the original setup was, exchange name, or exchange org name nor having a DC from AD site where the original Exchange was installed. Thanks wow, that's a tough one...how did that happen? I'm not sure there is a way...but if you have the database, I believe you can use Quest's Recovery Manager for Exchange to recover the data from the stores... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "msnews.microsoft.com" <DavidM@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:ub9PgYxlGHA...

BackUp Help Please
i have outlook 2003, and have always used the automatic backup. It used to have a tab under file on the menu bar that said backup,and now it is gone. any help would be greatly appreciated G'Day Keith, Outlook backup is an AddIn, and not a regular feature. You can download it at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8b081f3a-b7d0-4b16-b8af-5a6322f4fd01&DisplayLang=en -- Regards, Pat Garard Melbourne, Australia _______________________ "Keith Girdley" <keithg@tltinc.com> wrote in message news:dk8ou6$81m$1@news3.infoave.net... >i have outloo...

Query-Based Distribution Groups #2
I'm looking to create an LDAP query in Exchange 2003 that will show domain users that are currently logged on. This will allow me to create an email distribution group that contains only people who are in the office at that moment. Surely this must be possible as the query is searching Active Directory, but I've not been able to find a "logged on" attribute and I've trawled the web and newsgroups for answers but found nothing ... if anyone knows how to do this, I'd be very grateful of your help! Thanks, Rob "Robert Stokes" <rob@robertstokes.net...

E2K3 Forestprep question
Hello, I'm preparing to start my "swing" migration from E2K to E2K3. Because students will be back in a week, I'd like to get the ForestPrep/Domainprep steps done now, even though I won't be starting the actual migration (first E2K3 server install) for about a month. In reading what I can find on the E2K to E2K3 migration it appears that running ForestPrep and DomainPrep in my site won't cause me any problems except that ForestPrep will lock down Top level PF creation (which is already locked down) and likely remove the permissions I have added for 'backup...

Reporting Groups
I have a very simple report based on a calendar database. The report contains the date, start time, end time, appointment type and comments. I need to order the report by date descending. Not a problem. What I would like to do is to build a section at the end of the report summarizing the hours and number of entries for each appointment type. For example: Appointment Summary: Doctor Visit 24 hours Occurrances: 12 Hospitilization 72 hours Occurrance: 1 Lab Visit 5 hours Occurrance: 9 Is this possible? Can someone please point me to a resource I can use to bui...

Group Footer
This is probably really easy but I'm having brain freeze. I have the following information: Title, 4", 8", Class STD1 1 1 STD STD2 2 2 STD JWW1 3 3 JWW JWW2 2 2 JWW I need a report that shows Title 4" 8" STD1 1 1 STD2 2 2 STD Total 3 3 JWW1 3 3 JWW2 2 2 JWW Total 5 5 Total 8 8 I can't for the life of me figure out how to print STD Total or JWW Total. I've set up a group footer on class but it prints between each class. ...

No more BadMail after applying E2K3 SP1?
After applying Exchange 2003 SP1 to one of our gateway servers, I observe 24 hours later that there are no messages in BadMail. Not usually something I'd complain about, but it is unusual. Prior to applying the service pack, I cleaned up this directory. There were almost half million entries there, testimony to the fact that we ordinarily get a thousand BadMail entries a day typically. The directory was so large that I had to use command line del *.* to accomplish the task. The directory itself appears to be fine and I can create files there without problem. The server is routing message...

Backup your Outlook Email to Gmail
Using the new IMAP feature of Gmail, you can backup your Outlook PST file to Gmail quite easily. http://www.labnol.org/internet/email/export-outlook-email-to-gmail-pst-backup/1938/ Cheers. ...

Customize Outlook Today #11
On the outlook today page, when I click on Customize Outlook today it will not open the customize page. The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Tom" <tombasenji@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:007801c35926$...

SharePoint Security Groups
Why when i create a top level site with then created 2 child sites does the security from 1 child site carry over to the 2nd child site even though i told each site to use unique permissions? Ex: On child site 1 i create a group called SharePoint Guru and give it full control on site 1. I then go over to Site 2 and look in it's permissions and that group is listed there but the permissions on it says none. I don't understand why it would carry over to site 2 like that. If I delete the "SharePoint Guru" group from Site 2 it also deletes it in Site 1 I am runn...

E2K3: System Manager Public Folder Admin authentication dialogues
I am in the process of moving from an Exchange 2000 server to 2003. The 2003 server is up and running and part of my clients are on the new box. I used the PFMigrate tool to add replicas of the eixsting E2K public folders to the E2K3 server and it's working great. However, when I go to adminster the public folders (for replication settings, etc) in System Manager on the E2K3 server, it prompts me for authentication on each and every subfolder :-( My authentication is valid and works - but it always prompts me for it. If I Choose "Connect to:" and select the E2K server ins...

Exchange Distribution Groups
I have a real stupid question. I just builded an Exchange 2003 server and populated it with user accounts and created mailboxes, how do I create a allusers group that everyone could send e-mail to. And also I want that everytime a new user is created it falls under this alluser distrbution group. I kind of have an idea how to create it in Ad but not sure what the correct process is. Thanks Amador You can either use query-based DLs or just create an "All Users" group, add the existing accounts to it, and then when you want to create a new user, copy an existing user. Amador Gome...

Mailbox Policy Storage error
Hi There: I am in the process of migrating a mailboxes on an Exchange 5.5 Sp4 server to an Exchange 2003 server within the same site using ADC. After migrating the users mailboxes to the Exchange 2003 server, I find that when I try to apply a mailbox storage policy to my storage group, the Exchange 2003 server object cannot be found. Can anyone shed some light on this mystery? Thanks. Max ...

Restrict inbound Internet email to a group of users on Exchange 20
What is the easiest way to restrict a large group of users from receiving email from non-authenticated users. I know there is a checkbox setting that allows me to configure this on a per user basis, but how do I change this for 1000 users at one time. Our company policies have recently changed, and managemnt wants most users to only be able to send and receive emails from authenticated users. I already have the send portion configured using a connector, but how do I do restrict receiving? Thanks. Create a new Recipient Policy and assign them email addresses for an internal or non-...

help about outlook storage
hi i have problem with the storage amount on the server i am working on : its only 300 Mb and i am receiving more than 300 mb sure then i have to remove some of the mails to make it able to receive more mails so there is another way to transfer this incoming mails to another folder on the hard disk and not into another folder in the outlook ?? or even another program to save incoming msgs from out look to another place on the hard disk.??. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Is this an Exchange mailbox? You don't mention what type of account you have. If you are connecting...

PFMigrate error when attempting to migrate PF from 5.5 to E2k3
All, When we run PFMigrate from our Exchange 2003 server we get an error right away saying: Invalid Paramater '<servername>' The server name does have a dash in it like this: it-server-name any help would be great!! fasteddie After following syntax EXACTLY we got it to work... thanks, Fasteddie "FastEddie" <fasteddie[a]therockwells[dot]net[dot]no[dot]spam> wrote in message news:OjyqXCwAFHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > All, > > When we run PFMigrate from our Exchange 2003 server we get an error right > away saying: > > Invalid Par...

Using Fill command in Editing Group
Hi, I am trying to find more info on how to use the functions on the Fill Command in the Editing group especially regarding dates as I cannot seem to get this to work. I know how to fill using the drag handle but would also like to use the fill command. If anyone can guide me to a site which discusses this command that would be good. Thanks See http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-fill-handle.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Caz" <Caz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ABB15BD-FEC6-47FC-9986-8B78369AB78E@microsoft.com....

2003 Administrative Group
Good Morning, I migrated our 5.5 org to a 2003 ORG. The method I used was I joined a 2003 server to the 5.5 Site. Moved all users to the exchange 03 box that is in the 5.5 site. Decommissioned the 5.5 server and moved the Org to native mode. Installed a new Exchange 2003 server into a new administrative group. Moved all mailboxes from the Exchange 03 box in the old 5.5 site/03 Admin Group to the new Exchange 03 box in the new admin group. Both times moved system and public folders. My problem: In Active Directory Users and Computers on the Exchange Advanced Tab of users the Administrative g...

Opening a Money backup file in an earlier version
I have a Money backup file created with Money 2002. Is there any way to open it in Money 2000? In microsoft.public.money, Randy Bratton wrote: >I have a Money backup file created with Money 2002. Is >there any way to open it in Money 2000? No. ...

Managing E2K3 from my workstation
Hi, I know that I can manage our Exchange Server 2003 from my XP Pro client. Where can I get the necessary tools for this? -- Thanks, Sam Install Exchange System Manager from the Exchange CD "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3982475B-22B0-4F25-ABF8-A142D9570661@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I know that I can manage our Exchange Server 2003 from my XP Pro client. > Where can I get the necessary tools for this? > -- > Thanks, > > Sam You might also want to check on this link. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815529/en-us...

Which news group is about converting excel to xml?
I want to know which news group is about the tecnologies of converting excel to xml? Thanks for help! ...

Password Recovery #2
Could anyone provide links to password recovery devices similar to allinternalpasswords.xls and/or password.xla but for MS ACCESS or WORD? Thanks for previous help with the Excel Files I am attempting to gain access to files paid for by my client [to a previous consulting firm] but some key files were passworded and therefore not usable by my client. The former consulting firm employed a subcontractor who was supposed to leave all files accessable but obviously did not. No one can find the subcontractor. Have you tried a Google search for "password recovery"? This will tak...

Storage Folder 04-01-10
In Windows 7 Windows Live Male there is a Folder named Storage Folder. On one of my computers it doesnt show. How do I correct this ? View | Layout | Folder Pane. Check: Show Storage Folders. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Storage Folder" <Storage Folder @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFACBF97-DBD4-4631-BCCB-29BE01161356@microsoft.com... > In Windows 7 Windows Live Male there is a Folder named Storage Folder. > > On one of my computers it doesnt show. > > How do I correct thi...

exchange 5.5 recovery question
Hi all - I'm going to be moving my exchange 5.5 server from NT4 to 2000 server. The 2000 machine will have the same IP\machine name as the NT4 box. I plan on using setup/r on the new machine. In reading the 'exchange 5.5 disaster recovery' whitepaper from MS, I saw the following requisite for the 'recovery machine' - the same role, so if the old machine was a pdc\bdc, the new machine has to be as well - my current exchange machine is bdc in the domain. The new exchange box will be a member of the NT4 domain, but obviously it won't be a pbc/bcd - will this cause me a ...

Group Month/Year?
Hello, I have a list of articles where each one has a created date. How can I get a list of Month/Year where there is articles published? Thanks, Miguel shapper wrote: > Hello, > > I have a list of articles where each one has a created date. > How can I get a list of Month/Year where there is articles published? Assuming you're using LINQ, I would use the "group by" syntax. ...