E2K3, Recovery Storage Group and BrightStor ArcServe Backup 11

Hi all.

I'm sorry for a littlt cind of offtopic but I couldn't find any information
from CA knowledge base.
So I have a short question.

Does anybody know if BrightStor ArcServe Release 11 (and it's Agent for
Exchange) supports "Recovery Storage Group" option of Exchange 2003 ?

I tried to make a test restore using Recovery Storage Group in my Testlab.
After adding Recovery Storage Group om E2K3 server and configuring it I see
this storage group in ArcServe's sources in backup job. But when I'm trying
to restore the mailbox store backed up beforehand, I can't expand
"Information Store" in destination tab. And of course, if I'm still trying
to restore the mailbox store, specifying "Information Store" as a
destination, I'm receiving an error with "Make sure that store is
dismounted" reason.

It was an explanation, but the question is still: "Does BrightStor ArcServe
Release 11 support Recovery Storage Group option of E2K3 ?"

May be somebody has the desired experience?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Oleg  Iliukhin

0
hmm1 (1)

backup plans in sql
We have Great Plains running on SQL 2000. We have sql services running under admin1 as the userid. When I log into the server as admin2 and review the database maintenance plans, I dont see anything checked on on any of the tabs (except for the database tab). Nothing is checked in complete backup or transaction log backup. However, the jobs based on these database maintenance plans are running correctly and backing up the full database and transaction logs appropriately. Is it that I cannot see the details of the database maintenance plans because I am logged in as admin2 whereas sql ...

backup outlook 2007 email files
I do a regular backup of the PST file, but would like to backup individual emails in stored file folders. Any suggestions? Email folders are not stored separately from the rest of the PST file. If you want to store them separately, then you'd need to create a second PST file to which you could copy them. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Charlie Woll" <cwoll@citlink.net> wrote in message news:eLSJ6C17IHA.3692@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I do a regular backup of the PST file, but would like to backup individual >emails in stored file folders. Any suggestions? &...

Is it possible to group parts with controls?
I created a setup sheet with controls on it. I want to group (collapse) one portion of it which will not always be used. I tried to group it but the controls did not go away when the rows were collapsed. Is it not possible to do this? I played with unlocking them, then in properties I don't have the option to move and size with cells. It's dimmed out. I don't know what controls you're using, but sometimes if you use the similar controls from the control toolbox toolbar, you'll see that move and size is available--checkboxes, for example. cho@noho.educomnetws wrote: > ...

Tracking Distribution Group Usage (Exchange 2003)
Is there some way, within Exchange 2003, to determine what distribution groups are being used, how often they are being used, and by whom? I'd like to remove any groups that aren't being used but I don't know how to determine which ones they would be. -Alan ...

Great Plains Backup
Is it possible to schedule a GP backup? If yes how can this be done? You can schedule backups for system and company databases to occur on the days and the times that you specify. Only a system administrator can open the Schedule Backup window to schedule database backups. To schedule a database backup: 1. Open the Schedule Backup window. (File >> Backup >> Schedule button) 2. Enter a name for the schedule. 3. Select the company to back up. The path where the database will be backed up is displayed. You can modify the path, as needed. 4. Mark the days to ...

Not for profit groups and Publisher Academic
Does a not for profit group (Probus) qualify for the Academic version of Publisher? No. http://www.microsoft.com/Education/Eligible.mspx You didn't state what Probus is but assuming it is http://probus.com.au/, then it's not even close. Sorry. I belong to a NPO that focuses on education but because we aren't a school, we don't even qualify. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Lorri" <Lorri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2BE8ADC-4AEB-4C0F-A141-447DCE6C4273@m...

Money 2007 backup errors
I have tried to backup to two different 4GB USB flash drives and Money 2007 keeps indicating the disk is full and requests a second disk. I checked the backup path and it appears to be the correct path. A further check of the USB drives, shows there is a partial backup money file on the drives, but they are considerably smaller than the compressed file stored on my HDD. I have googled for a fix, but haven't turned up anything yet. Any suggestions on how to remedy this situation? In microsoft.public.money, Boskey wrote: >I have tried to backup to two different 4GB USB flas...

microsoft money #11
Question for Microsoft Money developers: I use Microsoft Money 2007 - would it please be possible to include Switzerland and their SMI Market information??!! I would like to be able to have my swiss investments and their market symbols also update automatically - is a pain in the *** to have to constantly change the prices manually! Thank you -- krb This is a peer to peer newsgroup and you won't find MS here. To answer your question, there are not enough Swiss purchasers of Money to make it cost effective for MS to do what you want. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For...

Macros #11
I want to add a short text string to the start of the existing text in a long list. For example, add "lab" to a list of laboratory results. So "CBC" becomes "labCBC", "Glucose" becomes "labGlucose", etc. Any suggestions on how to write a macro to do this? Thanks. You dont need a macro for this. A macro loop will take longer than a formula. try this. Lets say your long list Starts in A1 then in B1 insert this ="lab"&A1 then fill down. regards, Cesar Zapata "Douggen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

backing up exchange 2003 using arcserve v11
hi all, i know that this may not be directly a problem with exchange but i thought i'd post this anyway for anyone who uses arcserve to backup their exchange. i just installed brightstor arcserve v11 on my windows 2003 server. i'm using this to backup my exchange 2003 enterprise w/sp1 (installed on win 2003-this is a separate server from my backup). i installed the exchange backup agent on my exchange server and the client agent for windows with no problem. i've created the brick level account thru this agent eventhough i will not be using brick level backup. here's...

Group Box
Hello, Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. I'm using eVC and must be doing something stupid. I create a Group Box in a dialog box, name it, and then drop radio buttons, check boxes, etc. inside the Group Box. When I run the app, the Group box frame and name show up, but no controls or text inside the box show up. What am I missing? Scott ...

Transferring option group value
I'm trying to create a form for adding new record only. How to do that ?. In that from,I want to put an option button ( group ) to shown or hide some text box ( control ) in my forms.But I also want to transferr the option group value to a field once the form close or the Save_cmd is clicked. Then in another qury I need to join the value transferred from the option group with another table so that the data appear as a text in another table. Please advice how to do that since I have no idea with coding? shiro wrote: >I'm trying to create a form for adding new record only. >...

Does anyone use ArcServe 11.5 for Restoring
We have a problem when restoring a the exchange database with Arcserve 11.5. This works the first time 26 hours after the backup. Any idea? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Restoring exchange database" <Restoringexchangedatabase@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD4AC97D-782E-4CCB-9962-95F8B089F2D6@microsoft.com... > We have a problem when restoring a the exchange database with Arcserve > 11.5. > This works the first time 26 hours after the backup. ...

Order date logging 02-11-08
I have a database set up that has each one of my customers listed on a different form. For each customer, I would like to be able to enter Date Ordered, Date Completed, and Date Faxed. I have seen this done at the bottom of a form, where there is a box like structure, and there is one line for each order, but different columns for the categories. Everytime you hit enter, it would add another line automatically. How do I go about setting this up? Thank you. If you truly have a different form for each customer, you need to stop here and redesign your database. Off hand, I'd suggest...

Global Distribution Groups Renamed after SP2 Upgrade
I've just noticed that all our Global Dist. Groups have been renamed to match their display names (we set them up with different Directory and Display names). We upgraded Exchange 2003 to SP2 last week and this is the only major upgrade we've applied to Exchange or AD recently, so I'm presuming that this is the cause. Has anyone else had this issue? Can't say i've ever seen that happen as part of an SP2 upgrade. "TallPaul" <tallpaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:923B95E0-8723-4299-AE03-44F0AD4155D2@microsoft.com... > I've ju...

Pivot Tables Case Sensitive Grouping
Hi I have a pivot table which is group items even if the text in the field is not the same case - ie I have abc123 and ABC123 - The Pivot Table is grouping it one the line rather than displaying two lines. Anyone come across this before ??? I've looked for some options around this but can't see to disable the case insensitive grouping. Thanks You could create a function that returns a unique value for each text string and use that as the grouping column of the pivot table. Post back here if you want such a function Gerry "Mick Scott" <Mick Scott@discussions.mic...

hello 11-17-04
sorry, just test^_^ ...

Sheet Protection & Grouped Columns in Excel
I've just created a fairly complex work sheet with some grouped columns. I wish to protect some cells with formulas but have other people enter data to the rest - pretty easy stuff. However, I can't find a way to allow other users to expand and collapse grouped columns (which is necessary for practical reasons given number of cols and that most will only need to use one or 2 groups). Please advise if there is a way round this. Hi Ruth- You might try creating custom views (View>Custom Views...) for the various grouping combinations. If that works - some features included b...

Salam 11-27-07
Salam Sadaf chetori?? boos boos ...

Backup/Restore Project 2007
Hello, Have single servers complete backup taken with Backup option from Central administration. Installed new W2K3 server, installed Project server 2007 Trial, trying to do complete restore and encounter errors. What is correct way of restoring Project 2007 server to different computer ? Sam This way of restoring is correct. But usually there are errors related to different level of Service Packs, hotfixes applied to the servers. "Sam" wrote: > Hello, > > Have single servers complete backup taken with Backup option from Central > admini...

Outlook Folder Groupings
Hi. I currently have lots of Folders set up in Outlook that have shortcuts in the left hand margin. In my business, I deal with clients and either close the deal or lose the deal. When I start them out, I create a folder for them in Outlook so I can park all emails sent/rec'd into it. When I'm done with the deal, I'd like to take the entire Folder (and all of the emails in it) and drag it into either a Folder titled "Closed Deals" or "Deals Lost". I have been unsuccessful in figuring out how to do this. I had no problem creating the two new folder...

Backup #2
I am unable to use backup because I am receiving and error message which states it is unable to create a temporary file; therefore, the backup fails. Is there a way to fix this? If not, I am unable to export the file because I am a receiving an error which states that there is a line that is too long? HELP. Hi Kristine How much free space do you have on your hard drive? Have you recently deleted files in your tmp or temp directory? If you do not have enough free space on your hard drive for virtual memory, then you will have problems creating temporary files in general Bob "K...

Veritas doesn't restore mailbox-store into recovery storage group
Hi I need to restore some mails from a users mailbox. So, I created a recovery storage group on my exchange 2003 server and added the mailboxstore to this recovery storage group. The path for log-, system files and database is different from the active mailboxstore. The recovery storage group is not mounted. Now, I start the restore job on veritas, with the same mailboxstore, the users mailbox is in and I added before to the recovery storage group. 10 minutes later, I have an error message from Veritas, that some exchange components could not be recovered because at least one database i...

Outlook 2002 not showing All-day events in group calendar
Hi I have an XP SP1 machine here that isn�t showing all day events in group calendar, I�ve looked at all the settings I can think of but can�t work out why. It shows the top of the Work Week view as just gre as if no events exist. All other machines looking at the group displa fine th -- Dibble ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Dibbler's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=409 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187096409 ...

Personal.xls #11
Hi, I am using Excel 2003 and I am trying to locate my personal.xls file. I have looked in the following places but cannot find it: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\XLSTART and for hidden files under the window menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It may not exist yet. There is no "default" file. You must create a spreadsheet and save it as personal.xls in the correct sub-directory. -- Gary''s Student "Guy Incognito" wrote: > Hi, > > I am using Excel 2003 and I am trying to locate my personal.xls file. > > I have loo...