E2K3 Performance

My E2K3 server is having an occasional lag time in processing and would like
some ideas on where to look at improving performance.

2.4 Xeon processor
1.3 Gb RAM
Lot's of disk space

Page Files are c: 1920 - 4096 and d: the same (seems incorrect, maybe should
be static value?)

When checking the running system, CPU is at 4% and pagefile is at 1.64 Gb.

It's a low use server, less than 100 mailboxes and a backend to OWA out
front.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

0
eckmant (17)

Slow performance if I don't compact/repair
Access 2000 Sp3/Win XP Sp2/MDAC 2.8 SP1/SQL Server 2000 BE/FE is on a network share. This problem is repeatedable only on one workstation. If I open the FE normally performace is sluggish, delays when clicking command buttons/drop-downs and lengthy calculations when advancing to the next record. If I compact/repair the database perfromance returns to normal. If I exit and re-open without compacting/repairing performance degrades again. I only get acceptable perfomance after compat/repair. Please help. On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:03:01 -0800, access_goat <accessgoat@discussions.microsoft....

Slow performance
Any time I want to void the transaction on version 2.00 It takes too long to find the transaction. It takes more than 2 minutes. (tab F11 void a transaction) Is there Any solution to spped up. -- Thank You Harjit SherGill /DBA Altaville Market 324 South Main st po box 370 Altaville CA 95221 Tel : 209-736-1677 vendaliajat@yahoo.com Harjit, We had a problem that appears to be similar to yours. We are also a market and have many transactions per store per day. It seems that with a large number of transactions in the database the recall to void a transaction becomes very slow. The...

How to respond to a job performance review?
Well being an employee i always concern for my appraisals after all i work dedicated for it through the year but how to manage the things when your job appraisal is been reviewed juts like this step i really find very good )- Remember that everyone has areas that could be improved upon mentioned in http://www.tictacdo.com/ttd//How_to_respond_to_a_job_performance_review i am looking forward for your thoughts? ...

E2K3 Forestprep question
Hello, I'm preparing to start my "swing" migration from E2K to E2K3. Because students will be back in a week, I'd like to get the ForestPrep/Domainprep steps done now, even though I won't be starting the actual migration (first E2K3 server install) for about a month. In reading what I can find on the E2K to E2K3 migration it appears that running ForestPrep and DomainPrep in my site won't cause me any problems except that ForestPrep will lock down Top level PF creation (which is already locked down) and likely remove the permissions I have added for 'backup...

E2K3: System Manager Public Folder Admin authentication dialogues
I am in the process of moving from an Exchange 2000 server to 2003. The 2003 server is up and running and part of my clients are on the new box. I used the PFMigrate tool to add replicas of the eixsting E2K public folders to the E2K3 server and it's working great. However, when I go to adminster the public folders (for replication settings, etc) in System Manager on the E2K3 server, it prompts me for authentication on each and every subfolder :-( My authentication is valid and works - but it always prompts me for it. If I Choose "Connect to:" and select the E2K server ins...

No more BadMail after applying E2K3 SP1?
After applying Exchange 2003 SP1 to one of our gateway servers, I observe 24 hours later that there are no messages in BadMail. Not usually something I'd complain about, but it is unusual. Prior to applying the service pack, I cleaned up this directory. There were almost half million entries there, testimony to the fact that we ordinarily get a thousand BadMail entries a day typically. The directory was so large that I had to use command line del *.* to accomplish the task. The directory itself appears to be fine and I can create files there without problem. The server is routing message...

PFMigrate error when attempting to migrate PF from 5.5 to E2k3
All, When we run PFMigrate from our Exchange 2003 server we get an error right away saying: Invalid Paramater '<servername>' The server name does have a dash in it like this: it-server-name any help would be great!! fasteddie After following syntax EXACTLY we got it to work... thanks, Fasteddie "FastEddie" <fasteddie[a]therockwells[dot]net[dot]no[dot]spam> wrote in message news:OjyqXCwAFHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > All, > > When we run PFMigrate from our Exchange 2003 server we get an error right > away saying: > > Invalid Par...

Managing E2K3 from my workstation
Hi, I know that I can manage our Exchange Server 2003 from my XP Pro client. Where can I get the necessary tools for this? -- Thanks, Sam Install Exchange System Manager from the Exchange CD "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3982475B-22B0-4F25-ABF8-A142D9570661@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I know that I can manage our Exchange Server 2003 from my XP Pro client. > Where can I get the necessary tools for this? > -- > Thanks, > > Sam You might also want to check on this link. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815529/en-us...

SP2 E2K3
I am getting ready to install SP2 for E2K3 ENT on a W2K3 ENT SP1. I am looking at post and article to research possible issues with installing SP2. I came across a couple that have me worry. One post stated that hotfix, 8798060, is require to install SP2. Another, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 may stop responding when you enable the Sender ID Filtering setting on a Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) virtual server in Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2). How should I prepare the server to install the SP2 and does it require a reboot? Install the required hotfixes...

MS Excel performance with Windows 7 Starter
Hi, I use a netbook and performance is quite okay with most app's. It's just got an Atom processor with 2G RAM. The performance in excel is very slow, is there anything that I can do to speed it up? I am using Excel 2007 Home and Student and navigating from one cell to the next is quite slow. Love Windows 7 and Office 2007 but am ageing fast, HELP!! -- PaulD ...

Rehome Public Folders from one E2K3 to another E2K3 server
Hi We have just installed a new Windows Server 2003 with Exchange 2003 and we need to move all the data fra the old server running Exchange 2003, but we are having some problems. We can easily move each users mailbox but we can't get it to move the Public Folders. The new server is part of the same domain as the original E2K3 server. All the documentation we have found on this subject informs us that we should do the following: 1. Right click the first Public Folder and select Properties. 2. Select the Replication tab. 3. Add the server where the Public Folders should be moved to. 4...

Exchange Mail Box Size & CRM Outlook Performance
Has anyone noticed any performance issues with users that have a large exchange mail box and the performance of Outlook with the CRM add-in is installed? I have a few users that have noticed a dramatic performance loss with Outlook, Outlook crashes, hangs/locks-up, if they type a message their typing is delayed in the message window. All this is happening after the CRM Desktop plugin was installed. These users have anywhere from 900meg to 4gig mailbox sizes. Using v3.0 and Outlook 2003 and users have their domain profiles converted from roaming to local profiles. Thanks James Hi Jam...

Performance is unusably slow..
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am running Excel on the latest MacBook Pro but as soon as I handle somewhat larger tables (i.e. over 100 rows), performance of Excel becomes so incredibly slow that the application is virtually unusable to me. Is there any tweak? Are there others experiencing the same issue? There are two things you need to do: 1) Apply the most recent updates to both OS X and Excel 2) Ensure the computer has more than four gigs of RAM. Now, this is a bug caused by the following: * The Paper size is set to so...

This operation cannot be performed #3
M2004 all of a sudden started acting up. I try to open the program. After the password screen( or the first screen if I delete the password option) I get a pop up box stating the above subject. I click ok and the program opens and works with no apparent problems. If I click more info I get the following: Details Product: Money ID: 34 Source: mnyob99 Version: 12.0 Symbolic Name: errUnknown Message: This operation cannot be performed. Explanation Usually caused by a corrupt file. ...

American Funds performance chart is incorrect
All of my American Funds mutual funds have incorrect performance chart. Basically, they show the account value dropping to 0.00 each night and then popping up to the correct value the next day. So the chart is not helpful at all; it's just a bunch of radical zig-zags. ...

E2k3 > E2k3, different domain and no trust
Hi I need to migrate data from one Exchange 2003 server to another in a totally different domain and forrest, I am unable to put in trusts between them due to problems in the past. I have in a virtual enviroment ran a test of simply taking the databases offline and then copying them from one domain to another and then remounting them and reconnecting the mailboxes on the target domain to the corresponding accounts and connecting to the mailboxes using Outlook - and it seemed to work ok without breaking SIS. The other option is exmerging the data but that has serious problems as the ...

troubleshooting XSLT performance
Hi, I am using .Net 2.0 to run an XSLT process. It basically takes a word XML document at it's input, plus a separate XML file opened using the document() function and applies changes to the word document on the basis of the secondary file. A customer has reported that for one document, the process takes about an hour to run (the word doc is 4mb and the file of changes is about 100k) whereas for other similarly sized files it normally takes a few seconds. we have been unable to reproduce the problem in the development environment. clearly the problem is data dependent but the cust...

Moving from a single E2k3 server to a FE/BE E2k3 environment
I have a single server that is currently doing OWA with forms authenication and RPC over HTTPS. I would like to take away those frontend functions to a dedicated server. I have the new server setup and marked it as a frontend server in the Exchange server settings. What do I need to disable on the backend so the new frontend will function correctly. Without disabling anything on the backend, when I go to OWA on the frontend server it redirects me to the backend's OWA. Any help would be appreciated. thanks On 10 Oct 2006 09:46:21 -0700, willie44@gmail.com wrote: >I have a single ser...

CAsyncSocket and performance issues
I'm new to high-yield socket programming, and I have this app which seems to be taking way more CPU cycles than I'd like. I've been all through the finer points of the code, and I don't believe there are many more optimal things I can do with the C++ (i.e., I've made functions in-line, reduced the # of malloc()s and realloc()s and so on) so I was hoping someone might give me the basics in optimizing asynchronous socket code, and some of the popular gotchas. So far, with my best efforts, I've been able to get the transfer speed up to 150kbps in release mode. This is acro...

How to patch/install the FE E2K3 server?
We already have an E2K3Ent. Ed. BE server (with SP2 installed) in place, now we want to install a FE server. Does it matter how you install the FE server as far as which order to make it a FE server and when to patch it with the SP's? If it doesn't matter I would assume it would be best/quicker to first make it FE, then install the SP's? Thanks! / Per The only caveat here is that OWA won't work properly on the FE until it is the same SP version as the BE. If you are just building a new server and won't be advertising the website until you are done, there should...

Can I perform linear regression with Access?
Can I do linear regression in Access without knowing how to write visual basic? Thx. On Mar 21, 3:43 pm, BilboBaggins<BilboBagg...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:> Can I do linear regression in Access without knowing how to write visual> basic? Thx.you should be able to do it in Excel - just link to the Access query/table containing your data... Then it's just a matter of finding thecorrect function in Excel, which should be pretty easy. Or did youneed an Access-only solution? On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:43:23 -0700, BilboBaggins<BilboBaggins@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Licensing of E2K3 / W2K3
Hi all - I'm getting conflicting (or at least confusing to me) information about = licensing. I know this is properly a question for MS, but I'd like to = have other's opinions and experiences in this area. And MS seems as = confused as me. We currently have Exchange 5.5 running on a W2K box which is also the AD = DC for the domain. We understand that it's not a good idea to mix roles = like that, and we're dealing with it. =20 We will keep the W2K box as the AD DC, and migrate the Exchange role to = a new box running E2K3Ent on a W2K3 box. This will be the sole use ...

Performance Problem
Hi all, Still with a driver that is opening a COM port. The driver is issuing a read request to the COM port. On completion the driver is saving the buffer and queuing a DPC which will issue the next read to the COM port. This way the driver is reading as fast as it can. Or at least this is what I thought. It looks like reads are completed with 0 timer ticks (100ns) repeatedly when there is more to read. If there is nothing to read then the next read will be in average of the real data sent but in multiples of 15 milliseconds exactly. For example if 10 bytes are sent every ...

OWA E2k3
I have signature that OWA is saying that is too long. It's not a legal disclaimber, but it a total of 270 characters including spaces. Can I make a change so that OWA will accept a signature this long? Brad Palmer In news:quuAe.404$zw4.211@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com, Brad Palmer <brad_palmer2@hotmail.com> typed: > I have signature that OWA is saying that is too long. It's not a > legal disclaimber, but it a total of 270 characters including spaces. > Can I make a change so that OWA will accept a signature this long? > > Brad Palmer Hi - OWA is part of ...

KB for Performance Optimizer trouble
In the process of moving EDB files from a crashed server to a new server built with same name, etc, but different platform (from NT to W2K Sp4) I found the Performance Optimizer would not allow me to move files to different volumes. A quick google search showed because of SP4 I needed to contact Microsoft for the patch but when I called they said I needed the KB article and I searched and searched and even none of the 'MVP' replies saying 'contact microsoft' had the KB number. After having the MS rep hold the line while I was scouring google and retrying the process to get the ...