E2K3 OWA and Public Folders Access.

I'm looking for information on how to setup a Public Folder with anonymous
access via OWA.

I only want the anonymous access on a single folder, and not the rest of the
public folder tree.

I'm using Exchange 2003.

TIA

0
mteff (12)

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting here.

If I understand correctly, you are using Exchange 2003, and you want
to enable anonymous access on a particular public folder via OWA. If
I have misunderstood your concern, please let me know.

By default, when you access public folders via OWA, you will be
prompted for username and password. So what we need to do is to
create a new virtual server pointing to the specific public folder
and enable anonymous access. Let's perform the following steps:

1> On the Exchange server 2003, open Exchange System Manager.

2> Expand Folders -> Public Folders.

3> Right click on the folder which you want to allow anonymous
access, and click properties.

4> On the permission tab, click "Client Permissions" button.

5> Make sure "Anonymous" and "Default" have at least Contributor
permission.

6> In ESM, expand Servers -> <servername> -> Protocols.

7> Right click on HTTP, and click New -> HTTP Virtual Server.

8> Specify the Virtual Server name, and click Advanced button on the
General tab.

9> Modify the TCP port to an available port. For example: 81.

NOTE: Make sure that NO other processes are listening on that port.

10> Still on General tab, choose "Public Folder" under "Exchange
Path". Click Modify button and select the public folder you want to
allow anonymous access.

11> On Access tab, click Authentication button, and check "Anonymous
access" option.

12> Wait until the new virtual server is started.

13> Now the user can access the public folder anonymously via:
http://exchange-server-name:81.

If anything is unclear, please feel free to let me know. I'm looking
forward to your reply.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Kun Xu
Microsoft Online Partner Support
MCSE2000, MCDBA2000

Get Secure! - <www.microsoft.com/security>
from your issue.
rights.
--------------------
| From: "Michael" <mteff@skylinedisplays.com>
| Subject: E2K3 OWA and  Public Folders Access.
| Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:01:15 -0600
| Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.exchange.admin,microsoft.public.exchange.clients,micr
osoft.public.exchange.setup

| I'm looking for information on how to setup a Public Folder with
anonymous
| access via OWA.
|
| I only want the anonymous access on a single folder, and not the
rest of the
| public folder tree.
|
| I'm using Exchange 2003.
|
| TIA

0
kunxu (8)
1/29/2004 7:53:53 AM
Gerat... that worked.  Thanks.

""Kun Xu [MSFT]"" <kunxu@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Michael,
>
> Thank you for posting here.
>
> If I understand correctly, you are using Exchange 2003, and you want
> to enable anonymous access on a particular public folder via OWA. If
> I have misunderstood your concern, please let me know.
>
> By default, when you access public folders via OWA, you will be
> prompted for username and password. So what we need to do is to
> create a new virtual server pointing to the specific public folder
> and enable anonymous access. Let's perform the following steps:
>
> 1> On the Exchange server 2003, open Exchange System Manager.
>
> 2> Expand Folders -> Public Folders.
>
> 3> Right click on the folder which you want to allow anonymous
> access, and click properties.
>
> 4> On the permission tab, click "Client Permissions" button.
>
> 5> Make sure "Anonymous" and "Default" have at least Contributor
> permission.
>
> 6> In ESM, expand Servers -> <servername> -> Protocols.
>
> 7> Right click on HTTP, and click New -> HTTP Virtual Server.
>
> 8> Specify the Virtual Server name, and click Advanced button on the
> General tab.
>
> 9> Modify the TCP port to an available port. For example: 81.
>
> NOTE: Make sure that NO other processes are listening on that port.
>
> 10> Still on General tab, choose "Public Folder" under "Exchange
> Path". Click Modify button and select the public folder you want to
> allow anonymous access.
>
> 11> On Access tab, click Authentication button, and check "Anonymous
> access" option.
>
> 12> Wait until the new virtual server is started.
>
> 13> Now the user can access the public folder anonymously via:
> http://exchange-server-name:81.
>
> If anything is unclear, please feel free to let me know. I'm looking
> forward to your reply.
>
> Have a nice day.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kun Xu
> Microsoft Online Partner Support
> MCSE2000, MCDBA2000
>
> Get Secure! - <www.microsoft.com/security>
> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
> your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit
> from your issue.
> rights.
> --------------------
> | From: "Michael" <mteff@skylinedisplays.com>
> | Subject: E2K3 OWA and  Public Folders Access.
> | Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:01:15 -0600
> | Newsgroups:
> microsoft.public.exchange.admin,microsoft.public.exchange.clients,micr
> osoft.public.exchange.setup
> |
> | I'm looking for information on how to setup a Public Folder with
> anonymous
> | access via OWA.
> |
> | I only want the anonymous access on a single folder, and not the
> rest of the
> | public folder tree.
> |
> | I'm using Exchange 2003.
> |
> | TIA

0
mteff (12)
1/29/2004 4:17:24 PM
Hi Michael,

Thank you for the reply. I'm glad to hear that the is resolved. It's
my pleasure working with you on this issue.

> [...]

| > Have a nice day.
| >
| > Regards,
| >
| > Kun Xu
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support
| > MCSE2000, MCDBA2000
| >
| > Get Secure! - <www.microsoft.com/security>
| > =====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
| > your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit
| > from your issue.
| > =====================================================
| > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no
| > rights.
| > --------------------
| > | From: "Michael" <mteff@skylinedisplays.com>
| > | Subject: E2K3 OWA and  Public Folders Access.
| > | Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:01:15 -0600

microsoft.public.exchange.admin,microsoft.public.exchange.clients,micr
| > |
| > | I'm looking for information on how to setup a Public Folder with
| > anonymous
| > | access via OWA.
| > |
| > | I only want the anonymous access on a single folder, and not the
| > rest of the
| > | public folder tree.
| > |
| > | I'm using Exchange 2003.
| > |
| > | TIA
| > |
| > |
| > |

0
kunxu (8)

E2K3 Forestprep question
Hello, I'm preparing to start my "swing" migration from E2K to E2K3. Because students will be back in a week, I'd like to get the ForestPrep/Domainprep steps done now, even though I won't be starting the actual migration (first E2K3 server install) for about a month. In reading what I can find on the E2K to E2K3 migration it appears that running ForestPrep and DomainPrep in my site won't cause me any problems except that ForestPrep will lock down Top level PF creation (which is already locked down) and likely remove the permissions I have added for 'backup...

Cannot access on line help publisher 2003
When I look for help with a problem I am told that on line help is not available. I reinstalled, but no help. In word, no such problem. I have 2003 installed, the online help functions properly. At the bottom of the Search task pane there is a Search drop-down, is Microsoft Office Online enabled? Have you tried the "Detect and Repair?" Re-installing seldom cures problems. Are you sure you are connected? Have you emptied your temporary cache lately? In Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, Delete. You will want to delete the temporary files. -- Mary Sauer ...

CRM Created mail is put to draft folder
I have a user where mail created using the CRM Email button in the SFO client for some reason drops a copy of the message into the drafts folder. Normal CRM function does not maintain a copy in ANY Outlook folder, so this copy left in DRAFTS is most perplexing. Has anyone have a solution for correcting this issue? User has send the mail. Mail is received. Mail is in the CRM system. Mail is in the draft folder? Thanks in advance Pieter Versteijnen Hi Peter, Outlook is set to automatically save unsent messages in the Draft folder every 3 minutes by default. Once a Microsoft CRM email is sav...

OWA on a separate box
I am running exchange 2003 and OWA on the same system. I would like to run OWA on a separate server and place that server on the DMZ. I don't see an easy way of installing Outlook Web Access onto another server. Any Ideas? "Nick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am running exchange 2003 and OWA on the same system. I would like to run OWA on a separate server >and place that server on the DMZ. I don't see an easy way of installing Outlook Web Access onto another server. Any Ideas? Do not put a server in the DMZ. By all means get an ISA serv...

Customizing OWA screen
Is there a way to customize the OWA screen when users login? i would like to have the login come up with the company logo there. The logon screen is just an ASP page so can be customized. Read this article: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Customizing-OWA-2003-Forms-Based-Authentication-Logon.html Nue "ghutnick" <ghutnick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B146A469-D3DC-47CE-A66E-1A73207EE3DB@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize the OWA screen when users login? i would like > to > have the login come up with the company logo there. ...

PFMigrate error when attempting to migrate PF from 5.5 to E2k3
All, When we run PFMigrate from our Exchange 2003 server we get an error right away saying: Invalid Paramater '<servername>' The server name does have a dash in it like this: it-server-name any help would be great!! fasteddie After following syntax EXACTLY we got it to work... thanks, Fasteddie "FastEddie" <fasteddie[a]therockwells[dot]net[dot]no[dot]spam> wrote in message news:OjyqXCwAFHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > All, > > When we run PFMigrate from our Exchange 2003 server we get an error right > away saying: > > Invalid Par...

Horizontal scroll bar stopped working in an Access form
Hi, I am working on a enhancement of a Access application (backend sql server). This mainly includes a status form that has nnumerous fields. The design of this form shows both scroll bar. However, after writing some code (which works) I am not seeing the horizontal scroll bar of this form. This is a problem as without it I cannot update some of the updateable fields as the pointer to a record is missing to let me know which record I am updating. This was working till morning. I really appreciate if somebody can tell me the issue and the resolution. Thanks in advance ...

OWA and ZIP
We are on Exchange 2003 SP2. We have a few users that cannot attach or open ZIP files with OWA from their machine. They get the "page cannot be displayed" error. Howerver, they can open and attach ZIP files with other applications. They can also open the same attachement using Yahoo, Hotmail, and GMail. The same ZIP files can be opened from other machines just fine. Has anybody seem this behavior before? thanks for the help Kevin See if you have zip files being blocked. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555001&Product=exch2003 James Chong MCSE M+...

S/MIME for OWA 2000
Hi, I'd like to invite you to take part in beta testing of OWA 2000 plugin that adds S/MIME capability to this exchange client. The plugin adds S/MIME functionality to OWA on the client side ( no server-side modifications) If anybody would be interested in reviewing the plugin, please download it from https://beta.cryptigo.com/products.php?product=strixes Thanks Vizvary Istvan III Cryptigo ...

Find Folder Names
Hi To find a list of files within a folder no problem, but I am stuck trying to find all folder names within a folder In folder Music I have 900 folders of the artists name I want to loop through each folder to check the data created. Can you help please? Post the code you are using to find files at the moment because there should be little difference between finding files and finding folders. The best way to find files is to use the FindFirst, FindNext and FindClose triplet of APIs, this returns files & folders and all you need to do is test their attributes to work out wh...

Keep track of items in the "For Follow Up" folder in the Mail wind
Does anyone know if there is a setting for the "For Follow Up" folder in Outlook's Mail window, so that when [a] I delete an item from that window, or [b] click in the column on the right (to indicate that the item has been completed?? and that it should disappear from the window??) . . . there would be some way of keeping track of what I did (e.g., deleting the item or indicating that it was done, and when I deleted it, or indicated that it was completed)? In other words, I'd like to have a sort of database that keeps track of what I did with those items. Any...

Access 2007 interface, modifications?
Hi, I'm just learning Access (using 2007) and one thing that troubles me a bit (aside from learning sub-queries) is "menu-system" in Access. In fact, even if I use a "custom menu, with sub-groups" it feels cluttered. 1. One thing that would really help would be if I could use more than 1 level in menu, that is, a second or even third would allow me to hide a lot of objects (tables, queries and forms). Does anyone know if that's doable? 2. If anyone of you has some other tips on how to make the working (developer) interface more efficient I'm all ears! :&...

Outlook 2003
If I right click my hotmail folder's Junk Email folder and select empty, it clears down the list of emails shown within that folder, though on the next Send/Recv cycle, the list reappears. I don't think that Empty actually works. Is this bug going to be fixed ? Steve are you connecting to hotmail using HTTP or the outlook connector? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

OWA & Outlook Disagree
When viewing "All Day" events added to my calendar via Outlook from OWA, the events "spill over" into the day following the end of the event. The only way to correct this in OWA is to change the event from an "All Day" event to an appointment that starts at 12AM and ends and 11:59PM. Also, after viewing an email folder in OWA, Outlook will show this folder with the "Show In Groups" setting turned on. If I turn it off in Outlook and then view the folder again in OWA, the "Show In Groups" setting is back on in Outlook. How can I get Out...

Outlook access to mail servers blocked
For last two days I suddently been unable to down load any email via either my talk tal broadband or my vodaphone mobile connection the message i get is the same across 5 different POP3 servers Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' past post suggest the firewalls but had tried disabling them and its still the same - i know there is mail as i have it on my balckberry account - any ideas folks? I am r...

Auto delete messages in public folders?
We have a public folder that is supposed to be a 3 day repository for all our emails (using built in Exchange 2003 journaling). Problem is that the messages do not get deleted after 3 days. They just sit there. Seems my age limits on this folder are ignored. We also have another folder that handles all our 'kick back messages' that one is ignored as well. We are running Exchange 2003, sp2, with all the latest patches. Anyone have any ideas? On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:45:55 -0500, "Dan J.S." <smeski@gmail.com> wrote: >We have a public folder that is supposed to ...

No more BadMail after applying E2K3 SP1?
After applying Exchange 2003 SP1 to one of our gateway servers, I observe 24 hours later that there are no messages in BadMail. Not usually something I'd complain about, but it is unusual. Prior to applying the service pack, I cleaned up this directory. There were almost half million entries there, testimony to the fact that we ordinarily get a thousand BadMail entries a day typically. The directory was so large that I had to use command line del *.* to accomplish the task. The directory itself appears to be fine and I can create files there without problem. The server is routing message...

E2K3: System Manager Public Folder Admin authentication dialogues
I am in the process of moving from an Exchange 2000 server to 2003. The 2003 server is up and running and part of my clients are on the new box. I used the PFMigrate tool to add replicas of the eixsting E2K public folders to the E2K3 server and it's working great. However, when I go to adminster the public folders (for replication settings, etc) in System Manager on the E2K3 server, it prompts me for authentication on each and every subfolder :-( My authentication is valid and works - but it always prompts me for it. If I Choose "Connect to:" and select the E2K server ins...

how can i insert a holegrame inmy publication
holegrame? if it's an image insert it like any other image...except if you mean "hologram" I kinda doubt you can make it work. As good as inkjet printers are, production of 'holegrames' is presently beyond their capabilities.. "marcus" <marcus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:565097FC-9AC4-404F-A95D-395ADF21ED85@microsoft.com... > Where would you get a hologram? If you mean those shiny pictures that change when you look at them from different angles and look sort of 3D (like they put on a driver's license somewhe...

In Publisher can you insert pages from one publication to another
I have created a simple A3 booklet from a blank document, is it possible to insert a page/pages from one of the booklets to another? The only method I have come accross is by simply copying and pasting the text and images I have. This is ok if it is just one or two pages but not so easy if I have a large number of pages to copy from one booklet to another. Another query I have is when I want to change the page set up from A3 to A4 say. The text boxes and all the images stay the same size as they were at A3 so the formatting at A4 size is all wrong. Any suggestions on how to fix this. C...

Managing E2K3 from my workstation
Hi, I know that I can manage our Exchange Server 2003 from my XP Pro client. Where can I get the necessary tools for this? -- Thanks, Sam Install Exchange System Manager from the Exchange CD "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3982475B-22B0-4F25-ABF8-A142D9570661@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I know that I can manage our Exchange Server 2003 from my XP Pro client. > Where can I get the necessary tools for this? > -- > Thanks, > > Sam You might also want to check on this link. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815529/en-us...

Web Access
I'm able to create new Appointments in Outlook Web Access and they show up on my calendar just fine. However, the people (internal or external to the company/exchange server) that I invite to the meeting do not get notified when I use OWA?? Why is this Everything works fine when using the Outlook Client. I believe we are are on Outlook 2002. ...

new mail folder vanished
yesterday, I opened a new folder in adddition to the usual 'inbox', 'sent' etc and moved a bunch of sent messages to it for reference. Today I opened live mail and the folder has vanished. Can anyone tell me where I could look in explorer to find them? Hi, Guybc. WHERE did you open that new folder? Inside WLMail? Under Storage Folders? Under your Mail Account? Was it your ONLY Mail Account, or one of several? There is a LOT you haven't told us. Like, which version/build/wave of WLMail are you using? Since you posted via a browser, rather than by using ...

Cannot Access Bank Accounts Online if Don't Store Money Info on MS
Hi, I turned off the option to have my account information synchronized and stored on MSN. My confusion lies to why that also means that Money cannot continue to automatically download bank/credit card/etc information to Money. Some do continue to be able to be downloaded automatically. Others don't. Basically, it says "If you don't store your info on MSN Money, you won't be able to utilize online features for some financial instutions". I don't understand the tie between having your information stored on MSN and auto downloading from financial institutions, ...

Outlook Express removes access to attachments
Hello, I cannot find any info in the knowledgebase for this. I have a client whose outlook express tells her that "OE Removed access to following unsafe attachments in your email..." for some attachments. It does not do this for word doc attachments but does for all others. Any ideas and help would be appreciated. Thanks, Don Miller If you had searched Google Groups, you would have found about 70,000 identical questions and answers. Tools->options->security. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. "Don...