E2K3: How can I modify folder permissions via script

Hello NG,

how can I modify folder permissions of an Exchange2003 mailbox with windows
Scripting Host or VB6 or whatever?

I need such kind of script to add delegation for OWA 2003.

I found an MS article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;295558

Does anybody know, if I can use this for Exchange2003?

Thanks

Petra

E2K3 Forestprep question
Hello, I'm preparing to start my "swing" migration from E2K to E2K3. Because students will be back in a week, I'd like to get the ForestPrep/Domainprep steps done now, even though I won't be starting the actual migration (first E2K3 server install) for about a month. In reading what I can find on the E2K to E2K3 migration it appears that running ForestPrep and DomainPrep in my site won't cause me any problems except that ForestPrep will lock down Top level PF creation (which is already locked down) and likely remove the permissions I have added for 'backup...

why can't I send an email to my own address?
I can't send myself an email to and from the same address. Also even though I am on a Distribution List that I send out, it doesn't deliver the message back to me. It does send it to everyone else. Schatzie;110209 Wrote: > I can't send myself an email to and from the same address. Also even > though > I am on a Distribution List that I send out, it doesn't deliver the > message > back to me. It does send it to everyone else. What type of account and what mail service? -- Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] -- tillman1952 http://forums.sl...

How can I drop a flyer from Publisher into PowerPoint as a slide?
I have created a flyer in Publisher but I now need to drop it into PowerPoint as a slide, is this possible? No, not really. You could open up both instances, Powerpoint and Publisher, and then drag and drop/copy and paste from the Publisher window to the Powerpoint window, the reformat as needed. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "melann" <melann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58EE1229-ED29-4A5F-B4D6-BDE863876DB0@microsoft.com... &...

Unhandled Script exception #8
GP v9.0 - client was working in SOP Trx Entry, they were trying to add another (3) of a serialized item to an order but there was none available - he got in "a loop" he says about getting out of that line item - basically he deleted the whole line for that item. He added the item back to the order and then went looking for the (3) s/n that he wanted to add to the order. They were not there. He went to Inquiry>Inventory>Serial/Lot Trace Inquiry. On all three s/n he gets the following message: "Unhandled script exception: Object has no reference. Exception_Class...

can i replace dialogue bar with Rebar
hi all, i need ur help , i have to replace a dialouge box , it contains edit box buttons spin controls etc, and now i have to replace it with Rebar, so plz help me n tell what shud i do for it. i think MFC is very intresting but very tough tooooooooooooooooo. plz u people help me. if u need the code of dlgbox i'll send, thanx n regards Premanshu Sinha Is it a Dialog or a DialogBar? These are two very different things. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Premanshu" <premanshu.sinha@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1147169286.953725.277390@u72g2000c...

How can I update all fields in a document?
I have a AutoNew() macro which sets some custom properties which are displayed in my template text in the body and header of the document. When the macro ends, the field values are not current. Is there a way to update all fields? You can do it by toggling to and from print preview (provided update fields is set to run on printing) or use the myupdatefields macro at this link: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Field_Macros.htm Chris Nelson wrote: > I have a AutoNew() macro which sets some custom properties which are > displayed in my template text in the body and header of the do...

HELP
I've just set up my e-mail in MS Outlook, but it won't send to certain e-mail addresses, like Hotmail. The error message reads "553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) I had a look at the the Help file and it said to chec Tools > Send/Receive > AllAccount This didn't work though! Please help ...

Can someome confirm!
Now that I have my exchange server running successfully in house, I would like my users to be able to send a receive mails to and from their contacts on the internet. I'm thinking if I wish to do this, I need to get a public IP address, get my ISP to set up an MX record and that maybe I should place the server between the internet and our local network (infront of the firewall). Does this also mean that I have to get my domain registered publicly also. Nik Yes you need to get a public IP from your ISP. Yes you will have to register a domain. Yes you need to setup an MX record. The only...

Can not see a particular sub folder under public
Hi, We use exchange 2003 with outlook 2003 client When I use outlook 2003 client, I can see all public folders except 1 sub folder, when I login thru OWA, I can see that folder also. I made sure all the permission are there, and besides I have all administrative rights in exchnage and AD Any idea? Thanks MC Public Folders will read the LOGGED in account for permissions. Are you logged into the machine with the same entity as the account that is the owner? example: My Active directory account called AdminNikki is owner of all my public folders. But if I log into my machine as NikkiTes...

Can this be done?
My DB contains a Table tblOwnerInfo which contains OwnerName & OwnerID Also tblInvoice has Invoices which have OwnerID Also tbPayments has payments with OwnerID Can I create a Query with a drop down list so when On Click it will delete all Invoices and Payments with the same OwnerID Thanks for any Help..................Bob Thanks Ofer worked Brilliant!.......Regards Bob "Ofer Cohen" <OferCohen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C73076ED-13FF-4327-B3AE-11F84250BC83@microsoft.com... > Can be done using a form with ComboBox to select OwnerID and a but...

Can I add other data to a pivot chart
I want to add a target line to a pivot chart. The data for the target line would be from a different source (worksheet) to the underlying pivot table. Is this possible (by workaround or otherwise)? A pivot chart can only display data from the pivot table. This can be overcome by drawing a line and hoping it doesn't move too much. I would instead make a regular chart from the pivot table, and add the data for the additional line. To make a regular chart from a pivot table, select a blank cell that's not touching the pivot table and start the chart wizard. In step 2, you must use...

Can I search a cell for a value and extract part of content?
I want to test a cell using something like a "substring" looking for 5 characters. If I find a match I want to capture an use the 4 postion numeric value in another cell. Example: A1 contains "SALES 4567". I want to test cell A1 for "SALES" and If I find the value "SALES" I want to capture the numeric value "4567" in cell N1. Thanks, JOHN Try in N1: =IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("SALES",A1)),SUBSTITUTE(A1,"SALES","")+0,"") Replace SEARCH with FIND if you need the check on the text to be case sensitive ...

Linking HR to CAN Payroll
We are looking at installing GP HR & all the documentation I have seen show links between it & the normal (American) Payroll module. My company uses the Canadian Payroll application & I wondered if the links work automatically if CAN Payroll is already installed. Will hiring applicants & creating benefits link into CAN Payroll properly? Do the other links work properly? ...

PFMigrate error when attempting to migrate PF from 5.5 to E2k3
All, When we run PFMigrate from our Exchange 2003 server we get an error right away saying: Invalid Paramater '<servername>' The server name does have a dash in it like this: it-server-name any help would be great!! fasteddie After following syntax EXACTLY we got it to work... thanks, Fasteddie "FastEddie" <fasteddie[a]therockwells[dot]net[dot]no[dot]spam> wrote in message news:OjyqXCwAFHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > All, > > When we run PFMigrate from our Exchange 2003 server we get an error right > away saying: > > Invalid Par...

WorkSheet can be programmed
I want to know if the WorkSheet can be programmed, is to say I need to ahcer one that the this enciando all day to update data to the stores, daily ...

Can I be able to do this?
Hello. I want to carry out a conditional calculation using IF function such that it the logical test on IF function returns true or false I can be able to insert new value into one of two alternative cells. Like, I have two ranges to sum, range A and range B. If range A if greater than B, I do a subtraction operation and insert the value into cell A10 but if range A is lesser than range B, I still do a subtraction operation but this time insert the value into a different cell, cell B10. Can anyone show me how? -- Never question, keep asking 234 702 866 8957 http://emekadavid-solvingi...

Email Mail Merge Permissions error
My users are getting a permissions error when they try to send an email via mail merge. They can successfully send a Quick Campaign email and a Direct Email. Any idea what permissions need to be updated to allow this action? Here is the errror message: The logged-on user does not have the appropriate security permissions to view these records or perform the specific action. For more information, contact your system administrator. Do you want to send the email? If you click Yes, the e-mail will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in Microsoft CRM. Hi Kate, ...

Can 'sa' see all the SmartList definitions?
If someone creates a SmartList and makes it accessible only to their UserID, can 'sa' still see it? If not, is there any way to get a list of all the "personal" SmartLists that may exist in the system? -- GP 9.0, SP1 You should be able to see all custom smartlists through Smartlist builder. Smartlist security does not by default make all smartlists available to sa, you must manually grant access. "Bud" wrote: > If someone creates a SmartList and makes it accessible only to their UserID, > can 'sa' still see it? If not, is there any way t...

Can't Find File Error Code (C00D1197)
I’m using WMP version 11.0.6002.1811 on a Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 2 operating system. I have successfully burned many CDs from my library. However, I’m now encountering an error message that indicates the burn can’t take place because the file can’t be found (error code C00D1197). This error makes no sense to me. The files are in my library and WMP can find the files to play them – so why can’t it find the files to burn them? Any suggestions? Thanks for your help and time! ...

Auto delete messages in public folders?
We have a public folder that is supposed to be a 3 day repository for all our emails (using built in Exchange 2003 journaling). Problem is that the messages do not get deleted after 3 days. They just sit there. Seems my age limits on this folder are ignored. We also have another folder that handles all our 'kick back messages' that one is ignored as well. We are running Exchange 2003, sp2, with all the latest patches. Anyone have any ideas? On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:45:55 -0500, "Dan J.S." <smeski@gmail.com> wrote: >We have a public folder that is supposed to ...

No more BadMail after applying E2K3 SP1?
After applying Exchange 2003 SP1 to one of our gateway servers, I observe 24 hours later that there are no messages in BadMail. Not usually something I'd complain about, but it is unusual. Prior to applying the service pack, I cleaned up this directory. There were almost half million entries there, testimony to the fact that we ordinarily get a thousand BadMail entries a day typically. The directory was so large that I had to use command line del *.* to accomplish the task. The directory itself appears to be fine and I can create files there without problem. The server is routing message...

2005 Update failed
Hello, I have the 2005 Money trial version, I downloaded the update, but it failed to install. I cannot open Money with my current money.mny file, only a newly created one. The error is: A communication error occured. Please try your call again. If you cantinue to have problems call your financial institution's Online Services Customer Support. Thanks for the help Frank In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote: > > >I have the 2005 Money trial version, I downloaded the update, but it failed >to install. I cannot open Money with my current money.mny file, only a ne...

Strip/Modify Mail headers (not telnet banner)?
Hi all, Is there anyway to strip or modify the headers (not banner seen when telnetting) that are sent in an email via Exchange Server? As you all know, information (possibly about the internal network) is disclosed with every email generated as is displayed in the headers (Exchange Server Name, IP Address, Version). These headers can be used as a recon activity by "baddies". If this can't be done in Exchange, can someone please recommend a thrid party solution that would allow us to modify these headers? Thanks! In my opinion, only the paranoid need be worried about such ...

Can someone tell me some newsgroup server about AI or datamining?
Hi, all I am sorry to post my question here, but i really need help from everyone here. I have googled for newsgroup talking about AI or dataming for a long time, however, it ends no result. Can someone show me any newsgroup servers just like msnews.microsoft.com, then I would post my question there and gather helps from those experts. Best wishes Hi, there are endless resources in the internet, you just have to look for the right words and places: http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/ http://dir.yahoo.com/Science/computer_science/artificial_intelligence/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artif...

how can i insert a holegrame inmy publication
holegrame? if it's an image insert it like any other image...except if you mean "hologram" I kinda doubt you can make it work. As good as inkjet printers are, production of 'holegrames' is presently beyond their capabilities.. "marcus" <marcus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:565097FC-9AC4-404F-A95D-395ADF21ED85@microsoft.com... > Where would you get a hologram? If you mean those shiny pictures that change when you look at them from different angles and look sort of 3D (like they put on a driver's license somewhe...